Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92840 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

I have to agree with Grimith, the AA guns are pretty useless right now. They should be buffed and the airplanes REALLY need to be nurfed.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »

I have to agree with Grimith, the AA guns are pretty useless right now. They should be buffed and the airplanes REALLY need to be nurfed.

AA guns are completely useless due to a bug. I've fixed and improved them on SVN (latest release is still broken). In the future, they'll have a 4/5 chance of driving off planes successfully, and half the time they'll shoot one down, giving everyone at the safehouse bonus juice. Only 1 in 5 bombing runs will actually be successful, and of those, only 1 in 3 will take out the AA gun. So any given bombing run still has a 1 in 10 chance of killing someone, and a 1 in 15 chance of destroying your AA gun. But that's vastly smaller than the current 1 in 2 chance of killing someone and 1 in 3 chance of destroying the gun. Plus, you'll now have a 2 in 5 chance of turning any bombing run into a harmless +20 juice for the entire safehouse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 17, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »

What do you think of an "endgame" for sieges that results in the destruction of the safehouse and everyone in it if the LCS holds off the might of the conservative machine too many times?

I was thinking a fuel-air bomb, unless nuclear power is at C+, in which case....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 17, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »

Airplanes needs to be nerfed? Absolutely not. If you're foolish enough to remain in a safehouse long enough for the Conservatives to muster a force consisting of National Guard soldiers, M1 Abrams Tanks, Navy SEAL operatives, and jet bombers; then you deserve to face the wrath of Arch-Conservative firepower. Particularly in a nightmare situation, they have control over not just your city but the entire country itself. The very least they could do is firebomb you out of existence.

Don't want to get bombed? Then remain mobile. Better yet, don't be a heinous criminal.

JSF's SVN changes sound good, though. I'm all for the Conservatives having a chance of getting past the defenses.

I don't know of anything changing for the amendments, but it's something that interests me, since not seeing them at all -- especially with the degree of effectiveness you had in your run -- sounds like a bug.

Would my pre-victory save file be of any value?
http://www.mediafire.com/?aj95qd656x3brg1
*shrug* Not sure whether it would be, but I figured I'd provide it on an off-chance.

Also, MetalSlimeHunt, that is an interesting idea, but these are the same Conservatives who apparently can't track the LCS as it moves from safehouse to safehouse, easily eluding the Conservative menace. I don't know if it'd be possible for them to execute a super bomb... although I imagine a nuclear warhead might do a better job of solving that problem.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2013, 05:40:47 pm »

Airplanes needs to be nerfed? Absolutely not. If you're foolish enough to remain in a safehouse long enough for the Conservatives to muster a force consisting of National Guard soldiers, M1 Abrams Tanks, Navy SEAL operatives, and jet bombers; then you deserve to face the wrath of Arch-Conservative firepower.
Its not foolishness, its having more stones than woodstalk. No ones going to under stand that.

Don't want to get bombed? Then remain mobile. Better yet, don't be a heinous criminal.
Don't be criminals? Grimith, your founder is always a mass murderer before you can even leave the homeless shelter.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »

Your observation is valueless. I noted the effective means by which you can avoid the airplanes. My playstyle is irrelevant when compared to factual data. What I'm attempting to elucidate is that the Conservative firepower is one of the few things in Liberal Crime Squad that makes sense, and bawling about it being overpowered is ludicrous when all you have to do is shift from safehouse to safehouse. There's nothing even remotely intricate about it; just press a few letters. You don't even need any sleepers for it.

The ability to nullify the Arch-Conservatives simply by hopping from one known location to another? Now that's overpowered.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2013, 08:11:21 pm »

Hence why they should nuke the industrial district when you get uppity. It even makes the fallout shelter seem more rational.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »

hello!

I had a suggestion, that could be done very quickly if it actually makes sense...

Women's right, as an issue, doesn't actually matches what happens in game.

In game effect of women's right: The closest you get from Elite Liberal, the more likely the GIVE_GENDER_FEMALE and GIVE_GENDER_MALE instructions are to not systematically give female or male gender, respectively, to the character they are used on. At Elite Liberal, a perfect gender equality is reached, as any NPC generated has a 50/50 chance of being of either gender (except for the CEO (and maybe others), and he (they) is (are) a special case, hard coded as a WHITE_MALE_PATRIARCH).

So how about renaming Women's rights to Gender Equality, and modifying the description of the issue to mention males?

Like, at Arch-Conservative Gender Equality laws, we get a gem such as:

Women and men not MANLY enough are second class citizens.

Then, going from there to Elite Liberal
Strictly defined and outdated gender roles are still supported by law.
Anti discrimination laws exist, but the law enforcement is still reluctant to enforce them.
Gender equality is mostly applied across the country.
Gender as a social construct as been abolished. Only biological sex is mentioned when medically necessary. (And maybe at that point, males and females could get their names randomly generated from both the male and females lists as well as the gender neutral one.)

What do you all think about this? Of course, maybe it could use a rewriting, I just pulled these examples in 2 minutes, but what about the idea?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

I don't even mean a major nurf, its just annoying that the fact of buying the AA guns, an idea I actually came up with, is worthless because they get blown up so often, not to mention they're also the most expensive Safehouse item in game. You're spending 25,000/50,000$ just to have a weapon the isn't effective at all.

And Grim, your argument to my argument that planes are OP, is that the method you use is OP. Isn't that a little... Conservative?

Hence why they should nuke the industrial district when you get uppity. It even makes the fallout shelter seem more rational.
That would be cool, but both nuke shelters in game are non-upgradible.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 17, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »

And?
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2013, 08:19:56 pm »

And?
When you think about it, the Fallout shelter should be pre-upgraded.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2013, 08:20:39 pm »

Not really. Any such defenses would be destroyed in the LCS taking it from the CCS.
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »

Not really. Any such defenses would be destroyed in the LCS taking it from the CCS.
I meant more like generators and rations, as those are things I hope would be in any fallout shelter I ever have to use.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

Once you're fighting the CCS you don't need the game to hold your hand. Given that LCS is a roguelike it shouldn't be doing that at all.

While I support the addition of upgrades for other types of safehouses, and different upgrades at that, the player should be tasked with their construction.
No Gods, No Masters.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »

Once you're fighting the CCS you don't need the game to hold your hand. Given that LCS is a roguelike it shouldn't be doing that at all.

While I support the addition of upgrades for other types of safehouses, and different upgrades at that, the player should be tasked with their construction.
I said "when you think about it", but thinking is such a Conservative thing anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36