Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92811 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2013, 08:31:11 pm »

Hence why they should nuke the industrial district when you get uppity. It even makes the fallout shelter seem more rational.
That would be cool, but both nuke shelters in game are non-upgradible.
And?
Well, does anyone ever use non-upgradible shelters? If you do so much dodging that the industrual sites were nuked, you obviously have to be constant in fighting them off now since you're making a last stand, not having any upgrades mean you're blind to where they are, have to fight everyone when they're at their best, and have to fight tanks. If you run into that one glitch/let so many tanks spawn (If they do spawn more than one and it wasn't a glitch I ran into you might have to fight 4 tanks at once, if you have a squad of only 6-12, which I used to do, you're pretty much fucked.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2013, 09:38:45 pm »

I was actually thinking the other day that the CCS safehouses ought to come pre-upgraded with some unique benefits. The bunker, for example, could be permanently fortified for a siege, resist bombing, and come with its own generator. That's what it's designed for, and those benefits come with the fact that your safehouse is a bunker. On the minus side, you'd never be able to set up a business front, and you'd need a car to get to any location from there, not just outskirts ones.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2013, 09:54:55 pm »

I was actually thinking the other day that the CCS safehouses ought to come pre-upgraded with some unique benefits. The bunker, for example, could be permanently fortified for a siege, resist bombing, and come with its own generator. That's what it's designed for, and those benefits come with the fact that your safehouse is a bunker. On the minus side, you'd never be able to set up a business front, and you'd need a car to get to any location from there, not just outskirts ones.
The Robert E. Lee bunker that is? Thats the bunker thats on the outskirts. I think the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill would come with a business front then? Tank traps to, you have mentioned that all sorts of buildings have make-shift tank traps, and some places have parking posts and lights lining the entrance. Ive seen restaurants have lights on the outside for people that eat outside they're nice.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #483 on: April 18, 2013, 12:31:32 am »

I think the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill could have a built-in business front, but I wouldn't have tank traps; you could drive a vehicle right up to the entrance of nearly every restaurant in the US. Tanks in LCS can already smash through walls, you'd need something more sturdy than a couple stray light posts to keep them from the entrance.

Ideally, each of the three CCS safehouses would have a unique benefit that no other safehouse can have, but would have unique drawbacks as well, preventing any of them from being the perfect safehouse.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2013, 12:42:15 am »

Maybe a small amount of money each day from the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill, but have a chance off accidentally killing innocent people who were there to eat during a raid, or have a member get drunk and have their stats lowered a little bit when you go out, both bunkers could be nuke proof, if thats still on the table, or be bomb proof, you already said that you should need a car to go anywhere from the Robert E. Lee bunker. Maybe have a chance of being kicked out by the government for the other shelter. The first one sounds official, owned by the city, the other sounds like its owned by the CCS/LCS.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2013, 12:44:54 am »

The bar brings powerful NPCs to liberalism if you explore it and creates genuine revenue instead of being just a front, the shelter cannot be entered by anything but infantry and can't be bombed, and the bunker is equipped with .50 caliber mounted machine guns that attack siege forces when they try to raid you and leaves the survivors randomly injured.

Also, for the record, when the LCS takes them I think the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill should become the Olive Branch Bar & Grill Co-Op and the Robert E. Lee Bunker should become the Che Guevara Bunker. The Fallout Shelter is eluding me for a name change because it isn't that Conservative, other than implying the allowance of nuclear weapons.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 18, 2013, 12:52:26 am »

The bar brings powerful NPCs to liberalism if you explore it and creates genuine revenue instead of being just a front, the shelter cannot be entered by anything but infantry and can't be bombed, and the bunker is equipped with .50 caliber mounted machine guns that attack siege forces when they try to raid you and leaves the survivors randomly injured.

Also, for the record, when the LCS takes them I think the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill should become the Olive Branch Bar & Grill Co-Op and the Robert E. Lee Bunker should become the Che Guevara Bunker. The Fallout Shelter is eluding me for a name change because it isn't that Conservative, other than implying the allowance of nuclear weapons.
Liberal Mercs and agents? Thats the only thing I can think of, what other powerful conservatives are there? Oh, and maybe liberal soldiers, start in their late 20's or early 30's, and start with 100 juice instead of 50, and more rifle skill than a vet.

The name reminds of the Olive Garden, I like it. The Olive Garden seems like an appropriate liberal meeting place, right? Maybe "The Love Shack" for the nuclear shelter? Or maybe "Survival Shelter" as a blanket term that it would be used for any form of disaster.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 18, 2013, 12:56:14 am »

I selected the name Olive Branch because it both invokes Olive Garden (which, really, is always amusing) and references the previous name (Desert Eagle, eagle holds an olive branch for peace and arrows for war, LCS wants "peace").

The Fallout Shelter really doesn't need to be renamed, and there isn't much in the way of names that clearly explain that it continues to be a fallout shelter.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 18, 2013, 01:02:32 am »

I gathered as much. But if Fox does have them be renamed when captured its just going to feel weird having the other two renamed but not that one. What about the... Blarg I got nothing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:14 am »

Jonathan, I'm just bringing this up because I remembered I wanted to bring it up, but it strikes me that there should probably be some overlap in growing your gun skills. Having a liberal with 22 Rifle go from deadly god to mewling neonate because they picked up an MP5 and have 0 SMG is a bit silly.

I'd say it should be something like every three skill points gets you one in all the other guns (Rifle, SMG, Pistol, Shotgun, Heavy Weapons).

Speaking of Heavy Weapons, Hardened Mercenaries (which should probably be changed back to CCS Bosses since the normal Mercenaries are now Elite Security) are a good candidate for an enemy with the M249. I also can't get the image out of my head of one of them holding an AA-12 shotgun, so I'm throwing that in the suggestion pile as well since it'll also make Shotgun worth a damn.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 18, 2013, 04:30:07 am »

For starters, I'd suggest
  • Bar & Grill: Comes with business front, cannot be fortified or trapped.
  • Fallout shelter: Comes with generator, resists bombing, cannot be a business front.
  • Bunker: Comes with fortifications and generator, resists bombing, cannot be a business front, you need a car to go anywhere.
Also, bombing resistance should probably also make you immune to snipers, with the rationale that there are no windows.

It'd be nice to have more unique benefits and drawbacks, but I can't think of anything cool. Having the Bar & Grill be an actual profitable business instead of just a front sounds kinda neat. Maybe it would need a liberal with Business skill managing the place, with profits depending on how much skill he has? Either that or the old Cooking skill.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 18, 2013, 06:38:33 am »

I agree/disagree with the tank priority suggestion, and instead suggest that the obvious thing that has been suggested before, rocket launchers or other AT devices, are implemented, and THOSE items would prioritize tanks. Possibly a new item tag could be made for making that priority a yes or no.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 18, 2013, 07:48:30 am »

What about changing the Fallout Shelter to an Abandoned Munitions Factory? It's in the industrial park, and would provide a conservative counterpart to the abandoned toy factories and cement plants that are used by the LCS.

Just a random thought, though.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2013, 08:56:03 am »

Just a minor issue, but one that annoys the hell out of my OCD tendencies. Can you make it so you can reload a squad's guns from the management screen, so you don't have to go on a mission first? An individual reload button, in the Liberal's profile, would also be nice. I don't like having to waste an entire squad's worth of ammo for just reloading one gun.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:49 am »

Just a minor issue, but one that annoys the hell out of my OCD tendencies. Can you make it so you can reload a squad's guns from the management screen, so you don't have to go on a mission first? An individual reload button, in the Liberal's profile, would also be nice. I don't like having to waste an entire squad's worth of ammo for just reloading one gun.
Yes, that sounds awesome. Another suggestion, you should make liberals that run out of clips, like by buck-up shooting, automatically take 9 clips, or as many available.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36