Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512632 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3990 on: August 14, 2018, 09:03:52 am »

My dad and brother and I were visiting a memorial of a car crash which killed my mother (my mother's fine IRL).  Part of it was a life-sized model of us trying to get out of the burning car.  We were kids at the time, and my younger brother was panicked, but kid-me had that "doesn't care about anything anymore" dead expression that some kids get - calmly thinking my way out of a burning car.
I was also dressed in purple and red, with comically large shades, because I was born in the mid 80's heh.

Well, we noticed something about the model which indicated the accident was actually a murder!  Dad turned to the sun and made a dramatic, chilling speech vowing revenge.  ...And then wasn't part of the dream anymore, weirdly, maybe because at some point we literally became Sam & Dean Winchester (Supernatural) complete with Castiel.  I was Sam, heh.

We were at a loss for leads, so I was checking out local spooky legends.  There was a mansion whose owner had gotten mysteriously rich right after the Civil War.  I was looking up at the mansion from a walking trail, muttering about the rumors of occult sacrifices, when an old black man in a nice suit came up to me.  He said I shouldn't believe everything I read.  I thought about that for a while, then realized that HE was the mansion owner!  Having taken on a new form or something I guess.

I couldn't chase him down, but I did find a statue of him... right next to the memorial of our mom's car crash.  Hmmmmm.  I investigated the statue for clues until it animated and walked briskly away.  Suspicious.  I followed it to the wizard's new home/museum.

Then a bunch of Supernatural style stuff happened.  The wizard's one weakness involved an artifact copy of Pokemon Red on display (apparently the car crash took place on the release day of the Pokemon Movie, for reasons!).  I came up with a plan, but it had to be executed very carefully - but in Supernatural style, Dean was whinging about emotions and being tired. 

We ended up getting back in the car for now (Castiel tossed me the keys~) and the radio was playing "Girls Rock Your Boys".  Wasn't that song actually a plot point in some episode?  Anyway it was here, I had to turn off the radio quickly, because apparently it had played during the car crash and was very traumatic for Dean.

Spoiler: Inspirations (click to show/hide)
Quite a ramble I know, I just remembered more than usual so I felt compelled to write it.  It was actually emotional at points, dramatic, but exciting too.  I never realized it was a dream this time, and was actually quite relieved to wake up and realize my mom is alive and I'm not a Supernatural character.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: August 16, 2018, 04:52:47 pm »

Had a dream where I was pressed into being an idol, as were my two sisters which I apparently had in the dream. However I did not want to be an idol, I wanted to protect Gondor. And then my older sister accidentally killed my car's battery.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: August 16, 2018, 05:44:03 pm »

Well, that was a very... compact dream.
You know how some dreams seem to be just a series of stressful, embarrassing situations packed with as many anxiety triggers as possible? Well the dream I just had ended with a scene that managed to compress a whole heap of that down into just a couple of dream minutes or so.

...I'm actually not sure if I feel comfortable posting it here. It was rather embarrassing, though mostly in a benign way, and doubtless the sort of thing a "shrink would have a field day with", a neat, damning reflection of various inner neuroses of mine.
It was interesting, though. I typed it up and saved it nonetheless.
I wish I could remember more of the less-horrid parts of the dream earlier on, though from what I do recall they weren't particularly all that pleasant for the poor, put-upon protagonist, either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: August 17, 2018, 02:33:06 pm »

I had a dream that Blizz had released a new update for Warcraft 3, including compatibility patches and new content for all the races. I then somehow managed to find my old disks and reinstalled it, and had to basically re-learn everything not only because it'd been so many years since I last played, but also because so much stuff was new/changed.

Then as I was in the process of getting thoroughly confused by the Undead tech tree and getting beaten upon by the easiest skirmish AI, I woke up.

I'm still not sure how I can manage to have so many dreams that are incredibly bizarre and yet remarkably boring at the same time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: August 18, 2018, 06:11:42 am »

I dreamed a friend and I were... VR larping as devils from Fallen London, but on a mission of revenge against a third devil.  Somehow he had betrayed our characters, ruining their lives of high society and occasional quality spirifage.

It started with my character riding the zee from London to... Mt Palmerston, I think, where my friend's character lived.  We found the target easily, he only put up token resistance.  I spent a while cartoonishly throwing him around the room, screaming at him - it would have been dark, but it was just a fun RP.  I used him as a foil to expound my character's tragic backstory.

Instead of being particularly classy humans with yellow eyes, my demon looked like the ones from Pyre (which I haven't played, though I just started Transistor last night).  I still don't remember what the target actually *did*, but apparently it was so anathema that it ruined my love of "this place, this job, our entire race" and twisted our forms this way.  Did he ruin the soul trade or something?

Eventually I left the target unconscious and went upstairs, where my friend's character was busy on the phone.  There was an adorable full-sized pet goat who acted like a tiny dog, excitedly putting his front hooves on me and nuzzling my hand with his furry face.  I got him some milk from the fridge (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: August 19, 2018, 01:19:17 am »

Dreamed i got shot down during a raid on an alien base. I survived just fine and escaped capture even though after the raid everyone else left. The aliens didnt come looking for me. In fact, i found out their eyesight was atrocious, and with their body shape and size being pretty similar to ours, if i just kept my head down and wore loose clothing i just seemed like an antisocial weirdo, not a human. So i got stuck trying to survive in this alien town where i had no idea what i could eat or how to escape.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »

Does VR larping count as larping since Larp stands for live action roleplay

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: August 19, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »

Considering how many people type their PIN numbers into ATM machines, probably :P
It was functionally LARP done through a seamless VR interface, like how it's still "talking" if you use phones.  Or how my friends and I have played tabletop for years using online tools (even in person). 

So it was LARP in that I wandered away from an interrogation scene to play with a goat in a kitchen.  Still in VR, still wearing the avatar, but taking an OOC break with my friend.

I really really want, someday, that kind of seamless VR where you can have totally different bodies.  Like being a hulking demon, or a bird or fish (or often, a deer?).  Or just a different kind of person, obviously :P  Fortunately I get that in dreams pretty often, and sometimes remember the details.  It can be weird waking up with only two legs, or no tail - I'm not animalkin by any stretch, but I see what people like about the concept.
She/they

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: August 19, 2018, 06:00:24 pm »

I had a dream inspired from a youtube video I watched. The video was about a woman that was being stalked. The dream was about a woman that was being stalked by everyone. She had a Tomie-style curse that made everyone neurotically obsessed with her, follow her around, invade her privacy, take pictures whenever her guard is let down, etcetera. She travels the world to try to get away from her pursuers, but they never give up and she only winds up proliferating the effect of her curse and attracting more pursuers. Her stalkers eventually stop being individuals, and become a stalker hivemind that all share the same thoughts and can coordinate their actions with perfect precision. The dream ends with one of the stalkers climbing the outside of a building to get a better vantage point of her bedroom, taking some pictures, and then in trying to upload them to the internet he falls and dies, but it's considered a victory for the hivemind.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: August 19, 2018, 06:58:56 pm »

You know... when you do dumb RP shit in VRChat, are you not technically LARPing?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: August 19, 2018, 08:27:12 pm »

It can be weird waking up with only two legs, or no tail - I'm not animalkin by any stretch, but I see what people like about the concept.
I was going to put a quote from Animorphs here, something about humans being unbalanced without a tail, but I couldn't remember most of it and the part I did remember wasn't enough

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: August 22, 2018, 05:50:59 am »

I remember like five or six dreams from last night, some of which related to each other.

First I dreamt I was in my parents house but they were absent. I was with some statuesque blonde woman in a labcoat. She had apparently created some sort of next-generation AI and I was conversing with it. She kept adjusting it's psychology and such for awhile, then I sort of stole a copy with my phone.

Second, I was in a mall, being chased by killers. Presumably for the AI I'd stolen which was radically increasing in intelligence and ability. It guided me out of the mall down a side street where I was ambushed. I fought the thug, grabbing a large hooked piece of metal and impaling his forearm with it. Then I took his pistol and shot him.

Third dream got a lot more odd. I was now cybernetically enhanced, along with some other people, still protecting the AI but quite a bit more aggressively. Imagine Rampage or War of the Monsters but with people that shoot lasers and have mechadendrites.

Fourth dream, I was at a bar/club with all the superpower people. Twas bizarre and unexplainable, but rapidly sequed into a heavy petting dance thing.

Fifth dream was the same place but all normal people from RL getting drunk. I got dream-drunk which is far superior to real drunk. Someone poisoned my wife nonlethally.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4002 on: August 23, 2018, 11:13:40 am »

Dreamed I was escaping from a suspiciously pleasant English countryside retreat, one I have dreamed of before. The general gist of it all always repeats the same, it starts off pleasant and gradually turns nightmarish, with myself discovering something horrendous is about to happen and trying to escape before it does occur. In this instant I escaped for the first time, or I thought I did anyways. Clinging onto a plane piloted by my accomplice, we flew straight over the gates where I had failed to pass last dream, and we flew far away until unexpectedly crashing, clipping one of the wings of our plane on an unseen power pylon. Surviving the crash, I woke up to see myself with my skull caved in, and was rather shocked. Then I thought to myself that I wouldn't be thinking that if I actually was dead, so that wasn't me, and it indeed wasn't, after a frantic check in the reflection of a window. Unfortunately the window also exposed me to the person-thing that had caved in that poor fellow's skull, and I ran frantically from this thing and it's anemone-like mouth, having realized that I never escaped and had been tricked or mesmerized into believing I had. This is the fourth such dream of this kind, with the first instance being myself trying to escape an inferno - the second, a vengeful revenant, the third a menagerie of assorted death squads and the fourth some kind of horrendous offspring between the mosquito vampires, a hospital patient of the kind I saw in childhood and deep sea creatures. I don't often have recurring dreams, but I do look forward to them as I remember them. When they're not just revealing something I already know, they're occasionally reminding me of things I've forgotten. And that is worth remembering for sure. I do wonder, what will happen if I have this dream a fifth time and survive?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: August 24, 2018, 12:22:20 pm »

Freaking woman in blue and her stupid mind control. That was not a fun dream.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4004 on: August 25, 2018, 05:26:10 am »

I dreamed a friend and I were... VR larping as devils from Fallen London, but on a mission of revenge against a third devil.  Somehow he had betrayed our characters, ruining their lives of high society and occasional quality spirifage.

It started with my character riding the zee from London to... Mt Palmerston, I think, where my friend's character lived.  We found the target easily, he only put up token resistance.  I spent a while cartoonishly throwing him around the room, screaming at him - it would have been dark, but it was just a fun RP.  I used him as a foil to expound my character's tragic backstory.

Instead of being particularly classy humans with yellow eyes, my demon looked like the ones from Pyre (which I haven't played, though I just started Transistor last night).  I still don't remember what the target actually *did*, but apparently it was so anathema that it ruined my love of "this place, this job, our entire race" and twisted our forms this way.  Did he ruin the soul trade or something?

Eventually I left the target unconscious and went upstairs, where my friend's character was busy on the phone.  There was an adorable full-sized pet goat who acted like a tiny dog, excitedly putting his front hooves on me and nuzzling my hand with his furry face.  I got him some milk from the fridge (:
I don't think there are any goat companions in FL besides the Overgoat.

...did you pet an Overgoat? Well, they *are* demonic, so it would make sense.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 339