Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567273 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4020 on: September 06, 2018, 09:55:36 am »

Just wondering if any of you have had weird dream experiences after going to sleep while listening to something?
Asking because I might have given myself a dream somehow.
If one completely unrelated to what I was listening to.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: September 06, 2018, 12:09:02 pm »

I had a something like that a long time a go in the fact that I could hear the music from my radio in the dream, really didn't have anything to do with what was going on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: September 07, 2018, 11:30:36 am »

Had a dream where I lived in an expansive apartment complex.

I ended up trying to intimately convince a guy not to drill a hole into a fridge -or something- because it would cause a leak.

It was weird.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4023 on: September 08, 2018, 04:22:38 pm »

Dreamed I was on holiday wandering around some old Dutch Fortresses in the Netherlands from the 17th-19th centuries, except there were some oddities which I struggled to comprehend in my dream. For one, I climbed up some precipitous highlands on the coast, when I remembered the Netherlands' coastline to be pretty flat, near sea-level. It actually looked more like the cliffs of southern England - but everyone in my dream said that this was just this part of the Netherlands. Then came a tremendously loud military band in Dutch ceremonial garb, complete with cannons which were absolutely deafening. But eventually I began to notice that the song they were playing actually sounded like the British grenadiers march, not the Dutch song my fellow travelers in my dream were trying to tell me it was. At this point my dream-peers tried convincing me that we'd wandered into England by mistake as my skepticism was overwhelming their argued defences, and I wasn't buying it. I told them this was a dream, and they conceded that yes, this was a dream. I then immediately woke up, sadly I might say.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: September 09, 2018, 08:04:51 am »

Nnn... soil erosion...
I was part of a mars terraforming team.  We were mostly young adults, I guess since it's a very long-term job?  It was like one of those space expedition movies where everyone has a specialty.  Like one guy specialized in driving the buggy, which was this big van deal.

The climatologist was this giggly but brilliant nerdette and we hit it off, or at least we both got really excited about studying Martian creeks and planning out our closed-system hydroponics (poop goes in, food comes back out).  I've been having romantic asexual dreams about women lately...

There seemed to be infrastructure but we were expected to be mostly self-sufficient.  I never read Blue Mars but I assume it was a similar level of progress:  The ice caps melted to fill canals, but very isolated vegetation for now.  We got to drive the buggy down a big highway, skidding back and forth in the noticeably low gravity.  I want to say we were going swimming?  There was a locker scene...

We found out that two of the team had this fibrous skin infection, like bits of plant growing through them.  Apparently a normal but stigmatized condition, and communicable if you get too close.  I tried to get close to one anyway, to avoid ostracizing them.  He waved me away but I hope the gesture was appreciated.

I took a lot of pictures of mars and selfies with the team, too bad I was asleep :/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4025 on: September 09, 2018, 08:47:11 am »

A development of a dream I had before, wherein I was in my old secondary school in the science department, with a zombie outbreak occurring. However because I had foreknowledge of what was to come, I had serious deja vu that I had somehow seen this all before, and was able to make anticipate all of the catastrophes about to occur. I sprinted up a set of 3 flights of stares as the "zombies" began overrunning the the lower level I had just escaped (in the previous dream, I managed to escape to the lower level just in time to get caught up in this outbreak. In this timing however, I escaped it with a stampede of people behind me). I then sprinted up 2 more flights of stairs, making it into the interconnected series of science rooms, which were the most secure and well-supplied for surviving a siege. Each room had a front door and two side doors connecting to adjoining rooms, with windows overlooking some glass offices. Making sure to lock all of them, I began plastering the tiny sliver of fireproof glass inside each door with black masking tape, telling all the confused people in the room with me to be very quiet. The confused peoples wanted to know what I was doing but all hushed down as they heard the pandemonium in the adjoining rooms, understanding that there was some danger occurring, though they did not know what. Outside the windows people were running through the streets, chased by zombies, but even the zombies were changing. In my previous dream they were pretty standard zombies, animated corpses and such. In this one however, one of the confused people unlocked the door and sought to help the people in the other room, just as that room's door opened and in walked in a tall, lithe muscly thing covered in blood. Humanoid in shape, it had peeled off the surface layer of the person it once was to reveal fresh new skin, with a face that had no eye sockets or lips, hair or visible eyes - just two tiny pits where the eyes would be. I ran to the thing, which grabbed me and the person trying to help, and I bowled us all into the next room. This broke a black poster I had used to cover that door, revealing more of the creatures emerging from the bodies of the dead... And all looking at us. Nope'd the fuck out of there, ashamed that I had left the heroic but foolish person behind, locking the door and barricading it just before the pounding on the door began. We waited until everything was quiet and the sun was down, and the city was full of these creatures just ambling about or standing still in the streets. The dream ended with us quietly planning ways to ration food and determine how long these creatures would persist

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: September 10, 2018, 02:32:45 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: September 10, 2018, 02:53:59 am »

Something involving the World State from ModNetChat (an SG on this forum). I was a government agent spying on dissidents and reporting them to my superiors. Ended with me dying in a huge shootout.

My dreams always end with a Smash Cut to another dream if I die in the dream. Is this normal?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:59:22 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4028 on: September 12, 2018, 03:16:52 am »

Dreamed I was in DF adventure mode, traveling from human hamlet to human hamlet as a Dwarf. A nearby Dwarven civilization was being torn apart by invasions from various night creatures and monsters, but what was surprising was that once I defeated a hydra, I progressed to some sort of victory cutscene made out of ASCII, rather alike the opening cutscene of DF. This then bled into the entire world until everything was ASCII

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: September 12, 2018, 06:45:44 am »

I don't remember any of the dream, except that I made an absolutely god-tier pun at one point. However I do not remember the pun, and it destroys my soul to know I will never make the pun again.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: September 13, 2018, 03:41:14 pm »

Today I had a dream of a well familiar room I used to sleep in but when I woke up IRL I realized how different the dream was from the real one.

The door was split into two separately opening sections.
There were two windows when there was only one irl and when I looked trough it I saw that we room was like one meter underground with a direct view into a grass field that was level-on with the room. The sun was shining very bright like it was still August or something.

The dream happened between 6:20 and 6:40 AM when I decided I want to get up later because I knew I had the time.

The floor was littered with a grass like a lawnmower just passed by recently and then I noticed there was more un-cut grass growing from under the bed.

Now this is strange but all of my dreams are very very emotional, I wish I could know if other folks have this too, but if I remember a dream very well it can set the mood of the day for me.
This dream gave me very cozy and nostalgic feeling of something, the visuals were pretty boring, it was obviously messed up room with no logic but dam I wish I could go there and just lay down, the air, I somehow remember how the air was fresh and everything was so comfortable.

Maybe I just really didn´t want to go to work this morning but sometimes I wish I could stay in these dreams forever, I was so careless and free.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: September 13, 2018, 08:33:00 pm »

The only thing I remember is a giraffe calling me dumb.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: September 13, 2018, 10:21:50 pm »

This morning, when my first alarm went off and I subsequently disabled in in order to get some more Zs before the next one, in ran outta battery. Wound up sleeping in significantly (ew) and having a couple more dreams (yay).

First dream I remember had me and a friend as demon hunters, investigating strange happenings in a building (which may or may not have been a church) along with a couple of guys who were its owners or caretakers. To begin with we had to keep our actual profession as demon hunters on the down-low, for some reason, I think because our companions were heavily Christian and/or very straight laced and likely to be offended by the very suggestion of demonic influence being behind whatever had been going on.
It made our job a little harder, since we had to pretend we didn't already have a strong suspicion as to just what was going on.

Eventually, after wandering through various spooky levels of this building, we came to a sort-of basement that was just below the main entrance room - in fact, we could have stuck our heads through a bunch of holes torn in the plaster walls at one end of said room (behind the altar, I think) and looked right into this one, and probably would have if it weren't for the company we had on this mission.
If we had, it would have cleared things up a lot sooner - this room was lined with blood-red demonic script scrawled across the walls. It was occupied, too - by something too horrifying to describe. Actually I just can't remember what it was, but it was definitely bad news.
My friend and I, already on guard, were ready to spring into action to try and battle this thing, but I think everything got pretty hairy after that. Unfortunately, that's the last part I can remember for sure. Though I think at least one of our guides got gibbed horribly.

Next dream I remember very little of, but it was bloody stressful.
Wherever I was, I received a call from a female friend who wanted me to come over and hang out.
Now I had some romantic feelings for her, and I figured this would either be a booty call or at the very least fun platonic hangs with a good friend. I could hardly lose, right? But then the whole dream was me getting distracted and sidetracked in various ways, and by the time I made it to the city, and the station from which I needed to catch a train to get to her place, it was very, very late, and I couldn't remember what time the trains in that direction finished and the thought of having to shell out for an uber began to weigh on my mind.

Also, this was some confusing nightmare version of various train stations I have been to IRL (and doubtless some that were entirely dreamt up), so it was a real struggle to find my way around. Also I think it was really crowded and there was all sorts of weird shit going on. I dunno. Not a very pleasant dream, that feeling of being late for something you should have left for hours ago and realising you might not make it at all is all too real.

Third dream... was weird. Probably the one I remembered the most clearly upon waking up, but it has faded a lot.
I was in some sort of mall or shopping centre, along with a variety of family members, which was undergoing renovations before our eyes. I can't remember why we were there, it certainly seemed like some sort of party or occasion considering the number of familiar and unknown faces joining us.

I... actually remember barely anything about this dream now, come to think of it. At one point I was comparing holiday photos with someone, showing them a few photos from my visits to Bali that I for some reason had on me (they were very strange, warped, out-of-focus shots of places that probably don't exist, but dream-me recognised them fondly) after they'd been showing some of theirs and talking about travel.

Some of us were definitely discussing the renovations of the place we were in - some sort of  kiosk-style bar (like something you'd see in an airport) had been mostly torn out, and we were musing as to what might replace it. At one point, I think, the proceedings at that place finished and everyone went back to a house for kick-ons, which I'm guessing belonged to a family member - I think at least part of it was actually based on a previous family home.

At one point I realised this woman who I'd been talking to on-and-off for most of the scene had disappeared from the festivities, and I went in search of her. I didn't know her well, whoever she was, but she was nice and had seemed to be getting on well with everyone.
I went out onto the front verandah, where a different group of people were keeping largely separate from our group inside. I had the feeling they may have beenincluded her family (a lot of them were of Asian descent, as was she), so I walked tentatively through their group on the premise of getting a glass of water from a tap that was apparently at that end of the verandah.
Very uncomfortable, hostile vibes washed over me as I made this intrusion - something about their festivities just seemed alien and unfriendly to me, though evidently someone had invited them back here, and they seemed to be more-or-less enjoying themselves as far as I could see. I just wasn't welcome.

I filled my glass with water, still not having seen her, and took a couple of gulps before turning back to return the way I came - only to find my way blocked by two gals sitting on the floor either side of the cleared walkway between furniture and people, making out right in the centre. A W K W A R D.

I stopped and sort of hung back a bit, preparing to just be absorbed in my freshly-poured glass of water, despite not wanting to be around this creeps a moment longer. I'm sure my discomfort was obvious as anything, though. After a moment the pair broke their kiss and scowled up at me.
"Why didn't you just get it from the tap inside?" one of them sneered as I scuttled past. I'm sure I could have come up with some excuse, like someone was using it to fill a large container or something, but I didn't. I just fled.
That's the last I remember of that dream. I think in the end it seemed like the girl I was looking for had simply left, which was kind of sad.

Should I spoiler this for length? I don't know, it's not nearly as much of a wall of text as most of my longer, better-remembered dreams.
Right now, I... I need coffee. Yes. Good mor-- oh, it's 1:21 in the afternoon. I slept in. Of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4033 on: September 14, 2018, 03:14:35 am »

I was being chased underground by advanced machines, gloating about how easy it was to hunt me down. I led them into an old warehouse full of abandoned machines, all of which fought rusted tooth and nail against the advanced machines to try and protect me. Eventually the advanced ones cut their way through and reached the surface, making a demonstration of their awesome power, gloating about how I never stood a chance. Subsequently I took advantage of their pathfinding to make them file 1 by 1 into certain recycling, after which I BM'd their leader "no re, no GG"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: September 14, 2018, 08:43:44 pm »

Dream last night was centered around being an employee of a witch who owned a magic trinkets shop + convenience store with gas pumps. It was like enchanted or some shit so you could only ever find it if you were either wandering blindly around or trying to go somewhere else entirely and had no business being there. So everyone who showed up, including me, would be someone who was just meandering around downtown or passing through.

So we had the typical stupid customer who thinks she can just order you to turn on the pump because she waved a government gas voucher in your face, but we didnt have all the paperwork on our end, so i had to go to a candy store "just down the street" to get a copy of this paperwork. Of course this place didnt even sell gas and the government never gives people vouchers explicitly for sweets so idk why they had one, but the lady behind the counter was super insistant that i had to give her the street address of my place of employment and my bosses full name or some shit, but gave up and just let me take the paper i guess because i couldnt answer for shit.

So then i think i decided to grab lunch while i was out but wandering around is what lands you back at the store so i didnt get lunch i just got more angry customers who wanted to know how much the magic beans and shit were and if they were really magic or whatever and of course i dont know and the boss lady is in the back making some important deal with someone so she cant answer anybodys questions.

And the damn cash register wasnt being consistent either. Like i could enter a number, theoretically correctly, but it would print a number with a couple digits off and that shit was frustrating for everyone. None of the "magic" products were labelled appropriately either.

There was this guy that bought beer, tried to get away with not giving me ID, finally acquiesced, the ID is good, then i find out hes buying the beer for his little brother who is like 15 or some shit, but at that point hes already left the store. But then i find out they both got hit by a car, so everythings cool right? Weird ass dream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 339