Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569055 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3810 on: February 03, 2018, 11:16:15 pm »

Weird shit. It was nice at first but the girls got pretty creepy by the end.
So long as the word "pretty" is in there, it's all good.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: February 04, 2018, 07:08:01 pm »

Had a dream that I and two other people were piloting a transforming mecha. It could transform from a puke green heavily armored windowless van into a puke green bipedal mech that had two big grenade launchers for arms. It could shoot explosive grenades, and the "shells" that the launchers ejected after each shot (like a gun ejects bullet casings) could act as time bombs that would explode after a set time.

We were fighting in a huge overgrown forest that was being corrupted by some kind of tar-like black disease or parasite that gradually spread and grew over everything and sprouted lots of tentacles. I don't remember what we were fighting, but there were lots of explosions.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: February 07, 2018, 07:28:41 pm »

[Warning: Rambling]
Fun stuff, lucid dreaming. Always, my narrative starts at the end, going backwards--and yet the details are in reverse, in such a way that even before I had woken up, I find myself trying to track and detail the events that had occurred; in such a way that my dreams lately have taken on the narrative of a storytelling, usually of adventure or other narratives (thanks early life reading a ton of J.R.R. Tolkien's works!) with myself as the main witness. And much anxiety to detailing things exactly as they are with probably the background of 'disrespecting' dreams if not done as such, due to the rich detail I generally find myself in wonder to see or touch or interact with (in that many times, I've just found myself standing or sitting and enjoying the scenery, very aware that it is both a dream, and that it is wonderful). :-[ So I'm noticing why I bother to detail these in...very messy detail in writing, always with the temptation to fill in details I can vaguely remember with more 'reasonable' details. Mostly always, the dream is disconnected from any IRL thing that goes on the day beforehand.

These events have been jumbled in order, with some explaining the past ones, and with some being a whole new addition to them, of just today's dream >_< With the problem being that they're both lucid, and I have a 15 minute alarm in 4 intervals (6am, 6:15am, 6:30am...somehow, always aware of my 6am clock because I sleep next to a window where I can somehow sense the coming dawn).

The start, I suppose, was lost in memory--but a rewritten start (right after the 6am mark and me desperately going back to sleep, without the 'desperately' in it when I recall what I said to myself [it was more like 'ok I'll get up after 6:10am just ten more minutes', knowing my alarm]) was its own narrative of trying to describe what I was seeing. The start of a (dreamlike) world. 'Imagine a- how would I describe this- a large, fat tornado in shape, thin at the end and cone shaped, widening out to the top, with the ending curling and twisting much like a stinger'; it was something like this with me replacing the words in writing. It looked purple-ish with many bright, light-colored hues, much like how (I was exposed to at an early age) nebulae were colored. The PoV zoomed in closer and followed the twisting and curling endpoint, before presenting a finished outlook in full of what really looked like a nebulae...stinger, before zooming out into a continuing narrative. I found myself in the role of a healer, pretty much a continuation of the dream before 6am (but still being rewritten); I was with other good friends who I got to know personally in personal details, like Caellath from Bay12, with our role of healers placed fully in a different context, that being a small part of 'tasks' in an adventure to (?)find out the meaning of dreams(?). I forgot why that was happening but it was a long dream :v that felt like that. There was an instructor, who I did not recognize looking like anyone I met, but she had the skin tone of the locality in my area, and spoke a lot like a mix of Sybill Trelawney (Harry Potter) and a very convincing doctor. That whole blurb on a tornado-shaped stinger, was the timeline of the world I was in, with our current time being at the end of the 'stinger'; the task, however, used that timeline as a representation of what we would heal...a spider's...end portions.

Somehow my dreams usually have spiders in them. I am really, really afraid of spiders. And usually those kinds of dreams end with SUDDEN SURPRISE TONS OF SPIDERS IN THE VICNITY (which aren't harmful or jumping at me), but just being there in large quantities of usually the same dream-themed characteristics, from single spiders of bulbous, light orange-all-over, cutely revolving around a single thread of spiderwebbing in the sunlight, to many motley and dull grey-green spiders, all over a wooden room, just...occupying every step, all without webs, and just being there until I wake up out of EUGH. Not that I hate spiders, nope. I just realized all this came from a memory back, probably when I was 4 years old and stuff, and saw my first (empty) spider web in the tiniest garden in front of our home: My dad was present, and I saw the shiniest spider web in the morning; I was curious, and felt notable apprehension in touching it, and even had doubts in mind to do so, until my dad looked over and told me what it was in his scientific way that I could understand. There was no spider, but I somehow felt...curiously uncertain. I guess that stayed with me as a

Anyway back to the dream, given the tiny time between 6am and 6:15am, I just found myself listening to that Dr. Healer up there, like a lecture in a very stylish room near a forest, somehow made of concrete but decorated in quaint modern design. Caellath somehow had long beaded bracelets, which held a tiny gem as a centerpiece, which we wrapped around our wrists as the lesson continued, as the instructor noted the importance of both that timeline and the power of healing, with that gem as a catalyst, battery, and conductor of...healing, able to glow and react visibly as signs of being charged--the instructor presented that 'timeline' above much like a 3D interface, able to me touched to be examined; I was the first to feel it, and it felt very much real, much like holding a soft sac, firm yet very pliable or soft to the touch without distorting its original shape. It was originally partitioned, and not nebulae-colored, but bluish like those sci-fi holograms. It could be spun around, and each partition was like parts of an onion, which could be examined individually, while I found myself checking a layer of the largest one...like a flap of covering. After examining this thoroughly with the wonder of a four-year old and their new inedible toy, the instructor continued and began charging up our gemstones. The whole process was very...casual, and unlike a ton of how the movies make them seem, but it still had the reverie of sincerity. Strangely, (probably because of metacognition), she told me that I'd find it useful for my next dream.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up. I turned off my phone alarm and went back to sleep, subconsciously noting '15 more minutes and then I'll get uuuuup...'.

Cue this next dream starting from the viewpoint of atop a giant white owl, with no rider', soaring above large lakes and rivers, with verdant landscapes and forests, alongside the movement of the sun, opposite the dawn, with the bodies of water stretching seemingly to a very close horizon. From a minute or so of viewing the scenery, came what I guess was viewing a (personal) interpretation of something out of Lord of the Rings, of a white harbor, and fantastic, stylish ships sailing into the horizon; what I thought was a horizon was a perfectly serene fog, which made the water edge look like a crystal clear waterfall edge. There was a musical background, starting in one of those wondrous stringed instrumentals...and ending with a stripped down version of this, only knowing it was mostly similar to that song due to the chorus...(I never know any lyrics of any songs, and those I do know, I play by ear, which means I never get the lyrics right--so this one was purely referencing "the morning" -_-). Then the vision quickly shifted into first person, and me 'waking up' and noticing the time, etched in bluish-glowing writing (much like the previous dream) on a foldable calendar, with me complaining "I don't have time for this I'll wake up in a few minutes!". The last portions of the dream became...a strange plot, where I explored the vicinity, which looked much like an artificial marble castle, and got framed for drinking salt-laden water by 'the chef'. :v

...So that was it. I gladly marked keypoints in my dream that I can remember on cue so I won't be lost no matter how much time I take in the 6 hour period post-dream, but aurgh my writing. It is a great disparity between the ecstatic feeling of having experienced something exciting, and then writing it down so future-you can recall it. :P The prelude to all that was a big trial--much like the theme of Hercules 12 trials (but a girl version of it), and comical spiders. (One part before I woke up at 6pm, for example, was me being in a thick forested glade, with trails moving all about, with the goal as stated above of discovering 'meaning' of something. Then we came across some nice white rope, which we wrapped around our fingers individually because some of my party were 'superstitious' and 'doing this meant no ill-will or harm to befall [us]'. Then comical spiders of the black and yellow variety come scuttling out of nowhere, with webbing clearly trailing behind them, and speaking to us because we would've fallen to doom had we not done that superstitious thing. Somehow this whole 'superstitious' wording, I could feel, resonated with the feeling I had at the time. Spooky and uncomfortable.)

I am deeply ambivalent on why my dreams include spiders for the most part (like, 60% of the time). The non-harmful, non-territorial type. This one had 'webs' as a symbolism.

They're just there.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: February 08, 2018, 06:12:04 pm »

https://youtu.be/puddRuyFHfI

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: February 08, 2018, 10:00:38 pm »

https://youtu.be/puddRuyFHfI
oh shit. can't believe I didn't think of this.

Had another weird dream. I had this big scar on my arm. It looked like it had healed, so I started picking at it. Flakes would start coming off, then hair started to come off in clumps, then peels of skin. Soon I found I had somehow picked a big red blotch all around the scar on my arm. The scar was untouched. I felt that the red color was weird, so I poked at it, and realized that it was red because it was muscle and blood. I had picked the skin off my arm, and the arm was covered in blood leaking from the skinless blotch of arm. That was when I woke up.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 07:39:25 am by Spehss _ »
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: February 13, 2018, 03:01:11 pm »

Now I not sure what percentage of the dream I'm remembering or what the chronology was, but I had a dream about buying weed (something I've never done irl).

There were various different circumstances involved and I can't remember quite how everything connected - I know it involved a visit to some small town, which for at least part of the dream was the one I grew up in; at one point I bumped into some guy that I recognised from a metal show (possibly whilst en route to or from said small town) and was invited to come party (or maybe just got a lift), whereupon I found this ridiculously large bottle of scotch on the passenger side floor in his car and was given free reign to drink it; in some other part I had negotiations with some cute, apparently local girl, can't remember if we planned to hang out later or if it was purely a business transaction but I certainly wanted it to be the former; weirdest of all though was the part where I was visiting my mother and arranged with her to buy some ganja for us to smoke together during my (apparently quite brief visit).
This is bizarre, since she tends to be entirely old-fashioned and close-minded about such things, and so as a result that was the main thing I took away from the dream even though I remember very little about the actual scenario, haha.

Not sure but it may have been through her that I met the cute, weird blonde gal with the contacts. Thanks, ma! Or they may have been entirely separate dream-fragments, who knows. To be honest I'm not sure how the three main bits of the dream so far actually fit together, I may have been cold in my sleep as it is all rather disjointed.

One other bit I remember was arriving along with that girl (or whoever I was with at that point) at the doorstep of someone who apparently sold such things, and they (a couple) turned out to be people I'd known from years ago when I lived in that town growing up.
At least one of them was, anyway. Heck, I not even sure if they were based off real people - all I remember is a brief conversation where they said they'd met/been visited by my eldest brother in the intervening years, and we made fun of him mercilessly whilst making our transaction.

I'm guessing the improbable "smoking dank weed with mummy" scenario was inspired by a stoner friend of mine recently mentioning that she hoped to convince her mother to try smoking when she visited in the near future.

Actually a lot of the dream was probably inspired by recent conversations with that friend. :)) As for the attractive female hookup in the dream, she was probably inspired by the fact that the day that has just dawned is Valentine's Day and I don't really even have a love interest currently, let alone one I could smoke cones with. Alas, now I am sad.
Also I hate my job. -_-

This post probably makes no sense but that is understandable since I just woke up and wanted to quickly record this odd, entertaining dream and have no time to devote to proofreading or formatting since I need to finish this coffee and get ready for work. Yikes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: February 14, 2018, 05:23:25 pm »

I had a dream that a dog was sitting on me.

When I woke up, there were no dogs sitting on me. I had been sleeping in a weird position.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: February 15, 2018, 08:06:23 am »

I had a dream that a dog was sitting on me.

When I woke up, there were no dogs sitting on me. I had been sleeping in a weird position.
That would be because of the dog you had had sitting on you, before you awoke and it bounded away.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: February 16, 2018, 03:04:53 am »

Dreamt last night i was puling gobs of bloody earwax out of my ears, and there was something about responding to an emergency, maybe i was an emt. Tbh it was all extremely disorienting and disturbing people died.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: February 20, 2018, 07:25:08 am »

Had a pretty awful dream.

Dreamed there was an epidemic of these maggots which burrow into and eat human flesh. I got by fine for a while until one day when I happened to have some tree seeds fall on me which carried the maggot eggs. The eggs got onto me from the seeds and soon I had these disgusting maggots eating holes into me on various parts of my body, which I was trying to remove. Like, grab them and pull them out, like ticks. One particular big maggot managed to avoid me and burrow deep into my arm, and took control of my arm. It forced me to turn on a radio and turn it to a certain frequency of static and start broadcasting mind-controlling messages to help spread the maggot infestation to other people.

It was horrible. I could feel the worms squirming and chewing into my body. Ugh. Probably the worst dream I've had in a while.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: February 20, 2018, 11:51:40 am »

Jeez, that's a bad one.  Any dream with static is a bad time, but the creepy-crawlies too...

I had a confusing but nice dream about being at a beach.  That's almost a recurring thing, now, even though I basically hate the beach.  I keep dreaming about enjoying the sunlight and the warm sand.
Probably a seasonal thing!  It's been wonderfully cold and wet, with occasional warm sunny days which don't overstay their welcome.

It was a very convincing dream, though, and long.  I spent a whole day just wandering around sandy dunes and seaside attractions.  Played some old arcade games, got another nice tan without burn somehow.  Ended with an amazing blood-red sunset into the water...  Haha, I'm near the wrong coast for that, but dream-logic woo. 

I had a bigger problem:  I had arrived via moped, and had a 150 mile ride home.  I wasn't going to do that in the dark.  But everything was so ideal that I just lay down on a dune and woke up.

I went downstairs and excitedly told my dad all about the dream!  It was like a free vacation, and I remembered all of it!  He listened politely, until I remembered that I haven't lived with dad for over a decade.  Shoot, how was I supposed to get home now?  (yeah, I was very confused)
Fortunately I closed my eyes and magically teleported myself awake.  For real this time (I mean, probably)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: February 22, 2018, 05:30:54 pm »

I think I've had the most troubled week worth of dreams in my life.

Went on the road for business. I always seem to have fucked up dreams when I sleep in hotels, even when I'm not traveling. The psychic dream resonance of so many random people, perhaps?

Dream 1. I'm freaking out at my mom about her alcoholism. This dream actually was the most normal of all of them, because it reflected real life fairly well. But it still sucked and left me shaken when I woke up, like I'd just had that fight.

Dream 2. I'm fighting intensely with my brother. I have no idea what it was about now, but I remember it was sharp and visceral and relationship ending. One of my childhood friends, who killed himself about 10 years ago, lurked at the edges of the dream.

Dream 3. A brief one but oooohhh bbbooooyyy, the symbolism. My best friend is recently divorced and struggling emotional still. And I dreamed he tried to make out with me and I had to tell him, in the strictest way possible, that I'm not gay. The look on his face in my dream, the humiliation, was devastating.

Dream 4. I'm fighting with my brother again. I wish I didn't remember this one. We're fighting because he's hooked up with my last girlfriend, who we've been broken up for like 8 years. I've been seeing her on Facebook lately so maybe that's why she was in my dream. In my dream I've attributed horrible traits and behaviors to her she never had in real life, and it's fuel for my anger and sense of betrayal toward my brother. It's not even like she was cheating on me in the dream, we weren't dating. But I was shocked and horrified my brother had chosen to hook up with someone (fictionally) that bad.

And I maintain I don't need a shrink. Ha. Ha. Ha. I think it's my anxiety about traveling and work, how displaced I feel from my normal routines, bleeding through in to my dreams. It coincides too with me doing a site visit to a customer who is trying to drag their business out of failure and retraining all their people. So I've been stewing in four other people's anxiousness all week, including one very loud and very foul mouthed 70 year old Chicagoan of the Italian ball breaking variety. And it's all quite stressful on me from a personal performance standpoint too. Still....this was the most consistently intense and unpleasant my dreams have ever been.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:00:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: February 22, 2018, 05:52:14 pm »

Last night i dreamt about this one old man and his family. The old man found a letter on his desk he thought was from his dad, giving him an inheritance. seeing as how he was so old, be wrote a letter to his son, bequeathing the property, which was worth several million dollars, to him. He asked his granddaughter to post the letter for him, but she never did. He forgot about it immediately and years later found the letter on his desk again, assuming it was addressed to him from his father, and saw his inheritance and decided to pass it on to his son instead in a new letter, which his granddaughter never posted again... and it kept going like that.

Also dreamt of some mad scientist creating a super weapon and infiltrating his ranks by killing and impersonating one of his top assistants. The madman was of course too deranged to notice, and none of his minions would question who their superiors were. Dont know if anything actually happened though
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3823 on: February 25, 2018, 09:36:51 pm »

I dreamed that I was hiding in a windowless room on the ground floor of a house. We were all terrified when we heard a banging on the door, grabbing some improvised weapons, we readied ourselves as I opened the door. Unexpectedly a panicked couple ran inside, I briefly saw the outside world before slamming the door shut. The world looked like it was ending, shrouded in a deep blue storm, a great looming entity coming closer to my house. In the briefest moment of a lightning flash I saw its face, its wings outstretched, I knew it was coming to my home. Its face was covered in a great many writhing appendages, its forehead enlarged with two deep set eyes. I ushered the panicked people in and told them they had to be quiet, they would not stop making noise. The back door was smashed apart like glass by a single large arm, as I saw a face, that was human but unnaturally large, the size of a car with eyes and a grinning face whose teeth were the size of fists. It grabbed us one by one, until I alone remained with two others. It noticed them and began grabbing, while it was focused on them I made a dash for it - I had remained unseen, but I knew I could not remain unseen on the open staircase for long. I made my way to the third floor and hid myself in a bath tub, in a windowless room, hearing only the howling of the wind through the broken door.

The next day I dreamed I was in an excellent party, the music divine club electronic, the feet dancing on the floor as all were gambling this way and that when everyone stopped. Some auditor looking guy said that all the currency was being recalled, to be "standardised," and while this was all going on everyone was losing their shit as all the currency they owned was liable to make them a criminal unless they handed it in, in exchange for some new currency they believed to be worthless. Amidst all the turmoil I had scavenged a vast sum of these coin/chips, and handed them in. The auditor was shocked, and asked me why I was giving away billions towards his public infrastructure nonsense. The thought crossed my mind that I did not know I had just handed away billions, and I might not have done so had I known what I gave away, but I told the auditor that I simply did not need it and left, before jumping over a fence to leave the party (instead of using the gate), to a stunned and captive party.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: February 26, 2018, 02:10:55 pm »

Had a dream regarding making a horror dungeon for a fantasy game like skyrim or something. It took the form of a subterranean castle full of body horrors and ruled by a giant lich king. The player was given a companion to assist, but because i was constructing the dungeon in-game the ai kept targetting each other before i could situate them, so id hqve to step in to break it up.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 339