Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512718 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3795 on: January 20, 2018, 05:52:43 pm »

It's honestly a bit disappointing it turned out the way it did.

Did you show up to the test launch naked?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 20, 2018, 07:28:24 pm »

Had a dream that my vision was sideways, I couldn't walk straight, couldn't lift anything or move my arms or do anything but stumble around. Pretty confusing and terrifying.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 21, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »

I dreamed I was in Uni and had an exam pending.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 21, 2018, 10:29:55 pm »

I dreamed I was in Uni and had an exam pending.

I believe that is called a nightmare, sir

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 21, 2018, 10:41:42 pm »

Just in case:  https://xkcd.com/1943/

I had a variety of strange dreams.  The last was an essence of Pirates/Freelancer/Sunless Seas, games where you explore/fight/trade.  It was my tabletop-gaming group and I striking out for adventure on a flimsy raft of logs.  Pretty close to what our characters do (we're privateers) though even more ramshackle.

The weird part is that I woke with a conviction that I should make a way to port Stellaris saves into either Freelancer, or Star Control 2.
I don't even play Stellaris

I think I just want to capture the magic of Sim Copter (operating a privateer in a save from a strategy game like Sim City 2k) even though I don't think that has ever actually taken off.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:43:38 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 23, 2018, 08:35:10 am »

I had a dream that was a representation of my mental state.

It was supposed to be Christmas in my dream and I received the best dream-gift ever.
Suit and a helmet with heating!

I jumped in euphoria as I realized I could stay forever outside with such suit and not worry about the cold.
The sky turned blue and everything was shining as if it was summer.

Then I woke up and checked my weather forecast with disappointment..
It is still winter.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 23, 2018, 10:53:20 am »

Don't take a nap right after you wake up I suppose is the lesson I learned today. I'm normally not one for sharing my fucked up dreams, but this one stuck in my head for some reason, so I guess I'm trying to get it out.

The dream is set up as if it's a movie, maybe a trailer for a movie. Or a bunch of movie trailers? Although the genera is... Unknown. In my apartment, a person who may or may not be me is sleeping in the same place I was actually sleeping. Suddenly the apartment building is invaded by armed and masked men of unknown intent. They sweep though the building killing the residents. The person in my room wakes up, hearing this happen, and has to play a deadly game of hide and seek with the killers (two in particular that share some traits with Harry and Marv from home alone, but they aren't funny or comedic, they are sinister and terrifying.)

Meanwhile, in the apartment, someone has been shot. The scene moves to inside their body. A group of juvenile human cells and other bits (it's unclear what they are, it's all very cartoony and they are mostly colored shapes, one appears to be a blood cell, and one is identified as I think ATP, or something that carries ATP but there's a goodly sized group that are who knows what of various shades and shapes.) are left alone, as the adult bits have left (Implied that they left the area for some reason to deal with the body being shot) this area of the body. A group of mobster like germs invade the body though the wound, and they kidnap the kids to help them pull off the big heist, breaking into the stomach vault. They manage to break into the vault, but when there they find that the body is dying, and if they don't manage to regulate it's functions appropriately and revive the man, they'll all die.

Meanwhile, two people have escaped from the slaughter within the apartment and made their way outside, in a park outside (that doesn't exist in real life) they find a very large group of children, overseen by some adults, having a picnic. They blend in with this group to avoid any of the armed and masked men from noticing their escape, as it's implied that they might be keeping an eye on this group outside to make sure they don't notice the slaughter going on inside the apartment. They tell the adults in charge of the group of the situation, and they agree they need to lead the kids away from the building without arising suspicion. In an illthought move, they decide to tell  the kids they have icecream waiting for them, but it was one of the escapes that said it, the kids, having had noticed where they come from, decide the icecream is in the building, and stream towards it on mass. The adults try to stop them to no avail, finally as they enter the foyer the adults plead with the kids to stop, telling them that bad men are in the building. In a weird ass twist the children pull out rusted knives, sharpened rusty spoons, and nails and declare that if they bad men don't give them the ice cream, they'll take it by force. Then they invade the building and it turns into a horror movie for the INVADERS as the kids turn out to be some terrifying monsters, the crawl on walls and ceilings, though vents, and leap onto their victims tearing out their throats with their crude weapons. The apartment turns out to be a maze of dark and smokey corridors perfect for this type of fighting and even with their fully automatic weapons and body armor it turns into a desperate fight to re-organize and survive for the armed men.

There was a four part to the dream as well, although it's a bit less interesting and exciting: It appeared to be a trailer for romance movie of some sort, the short of it: A trio of women (in some type of romantic relationship with each other) are eating at a cafe and having a fine time chatting to a waitress. There was a somewhat dramatic lead up to revealing that the chef was listening in to their conversation, and would somehow tie it into the other three stories, but before the chef was actually revealed a phonecall woke me up so idk.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 23, 2018, 03:36:11 pm »

I had one of those dreams where i thought i had woken up and gotten out of bed and had my morning routine and everything, but i was asleep.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 24, 2018, 09:11:16 am »

I was having a bath. Suddenly I felt something move - this shocked me. Turned out it was a King Charles Spaniel puppy. Though confused, I of course preceded to play with it. Looking up, what I assume to be its dad was in the corner of the  room sleeping. After a few incidents where I thought I may have drowned the pup, I drained the bath. Suddenly, the IRA attacked. In the nature of dreams, I was at once fully dressed and running through some foliage with friends/family. The puppy was there too, running adorably behind us. I picked it up and ran with it under my arm.

I considered splitting - I didn't want to die. However, one of my friends behind me got shot. I got a weird picture of his face talking from the future, like he was narrating his story, saying the IRA took him back to HQ and tortured him but it was alright; he got away. Back to the current predicament, and we ran into a larger path in the hindering foliage. Behind, we could hear the Irish men swarming over our friend, and knew that meant we had time to escape. I also started to worry about what had happened to the King Charles daddy. Eventually we reached an estate - it was completely deserted. Out of breath, we stopped. My sister started to become upset about losing the puppy, but i said it was alright; I have it. I immediately realised I was wrong, there was no pup under my arm, I must have lost it. I suggested moving around the corner of a house so the IRA wouldn't find us. I mentioned saving the pup (apparently to hell with the mate, heh) That's when we heard a dramatic voice say "no you won't". It was Marty McGuinness. The IRA swarmed from the bushes chasing a small brown and white ball, which I recognised as the pup. Marty said Gerry Adams liked to.... sleep... with puppies. Sure enough, he was at the front of the milling mass of balaclavad terrorists. He wasn't wearing a balaclava himself. My companions started to run away, but I wanted to go towards the IRA. They tried to hold me back, but eventually gave up. I ran towards the puppy, hoping to save it, but I started to wake up. The last thing I saw was Gerry Adams' face scrunched up as he sniffed after the pup.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 24, 2018, 12:31:17 pm »

I've been trying some lucid dreaming techniques.

So far, I haven't had any recent lucid dreams, but on the other hand, I'm dreaming every night now. Not sure why that is. Oh well.

The highlights of last night:

Sold two of my jackets for something I don't remember.

Had my part of the massive complex everyone lived in invaded by various people. They expanded my part of the complex. For some reason, one of them was Tony Stark. For some reason, the guy keeps showing up in my dreams.

Went on a quest to do something!

Fought a guy with a power-nullifying field and kung fu skills and won by holding a small bucket/large cup full of ice over his mouth so he couldn't breath.

Checked out a clothing store that also sold a mascot costume.

Realized that someone broke into my part of the complex and didn't steal anything I considered valuable...

Not necessarily in that order. But all part of the same dream.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 25, 2018, 12:13:43 am »

Had a rather odd, but at the time incredibly terrifying dream last night.

Following meandering, pointless bits where I looked at a ridiculous, unrealistic alpine landscape, I discovered that the reason I have terrible cell reception at home is because of some bright red curtains I do not own in real life. I found out that these curtains were, in fact, cursed, and so I tried to dispose of them with the aid of my father.

My memory of the dream then jump-cuts to a scene in which the curtains are lying in a yard outside. From them is arising a formless, shapeless shadow, about as tall and wide as a person. It shifted and changed shape constantly, at one point simultaneously being half again as wide and as thin as a flag pole. At approximately eye level, the shape boasted two pinpricks of radiant light, muffled by the shadow. Eyes.

It sounds a bit silly-looking, I'm sure. But at the time, I hated it with every fiber of my being. I cannot put into words how inherently wrong this thing felt, how badly I wanted it to go away, for it to cease existing forever and remove its blightful presence from the universe for eternity. How I knew it would do mind-rendingly, unimaginably horrific things if given the chance, how I did not know how to stop it.

It stared at me, somehow, through a window into a house. I stood still, terrified, my mouth forced open from fear and shock. My father was standing outside, pointing a handgun at it but not firing. It was both an instant and forever. Before I knew it, it turned into something else. A shimmering reflection of myself, pointing at me, its face contorted to the limit of human expression and uttering a rasping scream. Shortly thereafter, it... flew? Faded? At an impossibly high speed, it blurred away into a forest. In rage, I ran outdoors, not caring that I was oddly barefoot, but it was gone.

I awoke, terrified. I got back to sleep perhaps 20 minutes later after repeatedly telling myself ghosts don't exist.

I had some other dreams, but they didn't inspire nearly such primal emotions in me. I grappled with my dreams' recurring fear of heights motif, this time in the form of a high-speed, railingless, vertical cargo elevator, but my dream didn't linger on it as long as usual. There were parts where I dueled Dark Souls-esque black knights, which was much more interesting than most things that happen in my dreams, and my father's deceased parrot made a welcome (though uncharacteristically quiet) cameo toward the end.

An unusual night. Not one I want to experience again, certainly.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:40 am »

As part of a more wide-ranging dream, I founf myself admiring an open-air (but in a cavern?) council-chamber, freshly wrought from iron sheeting and/or plywood, which was being tested by a number of the councillors. There was just one human, and several birds (one duck, not sure about the rest), which I found to be an interesting and satisfying indication of diversity in the composition of the elected council-members.

And then there was someone messing about with some of the decorative structure (thickly laminated iron, though handled like foam rubber) which annoyed me, but also pleased me to see how resiliant it was at is sprung back despite all the rough handling, and the occasionally quivering line continued to rise, like a metalic ridge, up to the top of the nearby 'metal hill' and terminating at a spire of some significance. Still in this cavern, apparently.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 27, 2018, 11:25:46 am »

I had a weird dream which was set in The Last Of Us universe.

My view was "tracked" on a baby that was the son of a scientist which was narrating some scientific audio-log how the parasite would make the humans evolve and my view would occasionally flash on the feet of some infected humans who grew bull like calves.
And some of them even had horns.

Then the scientist was ambushed by horde of the infected and I saw him carrying the baby to a room then locking it.
The view started tracking the baby again and I was unable to see what is happening in the rest of the room, the baby was lying in bed meanwhile the infected could be heard banging on the locked door with increasing intensity until they overwhelmed the door and slaughtered the scientist and by the end, the infected did not touch the baby and I was able to see very evil-looking teeth extending from the baby´s mouth and it´s facial expression turned into something of a devil

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: February 02, 2018, 07:25:13 pm »

Had a dream that ended up like some kind of cheesy anime weeb-bait.

So there's me, and there's two girls who are best friends, until they both become attracted to me and start some kind of competition between them to win my attention. One is really competitive and domineering. The other is laid back and chill but always hanging around me and won't leave me alone. As time passes the two girls become more and more hostile to each other and obsessive and controlling and desperate to win over me. And the contest gets complicated when they discover I apparently had a virtual girlfriend online over an MMO game the whole time this contest was going on, forming a love triangle, and they discover the virtual girl is being played by another local girl that they both know in real life and gang up on her.

And there was a minor subplot I think where I discover the cure for world hunger by streamlining and industrializing hydroponic farming using seawater to grow tons of tropical fruits. But it was less important than the cute girl love triangle.

Weird shit. It was nice at first but the girls got pretty creepy by the end.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: February 03, 2018, 11:55:22 am »

I had a decidedly Dwarf Fortress influenced dream last night.  I was part of a society of dwarves, and elves were massing outside our "fortress" (which for some reason was like a university auditorium complex) for attack.  I happened to be one of three remaining founding members of the fort.

When I went to go get all my legendary armor to lead the masses in battle against the elven horde, I could only find one boot.

I actually woke up chuckling.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 339