Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571516 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3570 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:48 am »

I was woken up by a power outage, which reset my alarm clock. I dreampt I had set the time on the alarm clock and went back to sleep. I woke up, and I hadn't set it at all.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: May 27, 2017, 05:01:17 am »

Well, in my experience it helps if you keep a dream journal.
Just write down whatever you remember of your dreams immediately upon waking up, it doesn't matter how vague or meaningless they seem. Then, with practice, you should gradually become able to remember more and more of them over time.

Not sure if it works for everyone, but you might as well give it a try!   
Yeah this.  It's almost unsettling:  Sometimes I wake up with a vivid memory of a dream, and hastily write it out as the memories fade.  As I go farther, I often take more liberties (though I get the end right, since it's often the first thing I write, and the reason I write any of it down).

The other times...  Did I have a dreamless night?  Or did I, in that blue-green alien haze, with telekinesis and no body, decide not to record what I knew?

A few minutes later, I cannot tell the difference.  I know that from looking at what I just typed 20 minutes ago, and having no recollection of it at all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:03:43 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: May 27, 2017, 08:28:14 am »

I tend to have a phase where (assuming I awake gradually) I enter a "review mode" where I am confidentally, pretty much half-consciously (re)reciting the tale I have just experienced, thinking that I'll convey the wondrousness of it when out here in the Real World™...  Rarely is it so clear cut.  At worst, the replay turns into a redo, as I drift back into mostly uncontrolled dream that has little of it that I'd call lucidity, except for some vague feeling of precognition that I can take advantage of.

(A number of times, recently, I have awoken and said (to myself, and in a neutral voice) "help". Not as a 'save me from this nightmare, from which I am awakening', but more that the butterfly does not currently wish to lapse into the dream that I am the man.  It passes almost immediately.  The pain in my right leg as I get out of bed (and only then) isn't exactly attractive, though.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: May 27, 2017, 09:55:10 am »

Had a dream involving a fantasy battle between a bunch of different armies, that transitioned to adventures in a town. Trying to get inside the town walls there was a crazed sorceror preventing anyone from passing. He was spewing fire at anyone newrby like a dragon. I could stand to get close enough to fight him only because of my 52% fire resistance. Huge magic fight, but i killed him. The rest of the dream involved talking to people around town and running from this ridiculously fast and tough dude that kept trying to kill me. It was a weird dream overall.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: May 27, 2017, 11:50:10 am »

There was a lot of stuff, but the only thing I can sorta remember where these people that had telephones growing out of them. Like, corded home phones. They were sad because they couldn't find any wall phone outlets to plug into?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: May 28, 2017, 07:58:34 am »

In my dream, I was talking to someone/reading on the internet about sleeping in the dark. One guy said that he couldn't stand sleeping in the dark in empty places (he used an example of a bank, which is odd but a bit creepy) because he could always tell that he was alone. In the dream, I decide to just go to sleep because I thought that the comments that guy made were dumb. I'm also under a blanket and it's slightly lighter around me. As I try to go to sleep, I shift places a bit and part of me ends up further from the light...

...and I immediately start getting dragged off by something really really fast (at which point I woke up for real and can't get back to sleep for a while).

tl;dr I dreamed a jumpscare.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 29, 2017, 11:29:33 pm »

Weird dream last night. I saw Hannibal Lecter (as portrayed by Anthony Hopkins) near the beginning, walking away from a school bus into the woods. I pointed him out to the nearby police officer. Never saw him after this.

I walked a few steps down the dirt road to the nearby railroad crossing, and was in the front of a line of people instead of cars. A metro train arrived at the crossing, and the crossing barrier on the other side lifted, but not mine, due to malfunction. I tore down the barrier. Some lady shouted something about microaggressions to me. I told her I'd show her microaggression, and smacked her with the barrier.

I got on the train and was seated in front of a crazy homeless person. He threw a candy wrapper at me, so I punched him repeatedly in the face, in order to dissuade him from spitting on me.

Then, I was near the front of the train with the President. (Not Trump. Maybe Obama or some generic movie President.) We were discussing something about Russian nuclear capability. One of the President's aids told me the President didn't owe me any explanation and we disembarked in front of an old house of mine. I fell into some wet red lilies, which had bees hiding under the leaves. They started stinging me so I tried to roll away and fell off my bed, hitting my throat on the corner of my nightstand, causing it to bleed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:32:48 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 31, 2017, 10:25:56 am »

Bleafh! Screw dreams that cause you to roll off the bed and hit something hard enough to draw blood. Hopefully any other further dreams don't cause any injuries like that. It sounds like it hurt!

---

My own dream today was pleasant, but odd. I dreamt I was on a date with my former love interest. I'd say Ex, but I never got a second date. Twice. It's awkward.

Anyways, we were basically sitting at a dinner table in what seemed like the lobby of a music hall. From beyond the double doors, music poured first. Naturally, some people didn't care, so they got shushed. This continues on for a bit, until someone across from me started singing recitative style with the music and carrying on a conversation that way. I joined in. It sounded good.

Can't say I remember more than that though. It's mostly just the awkward bits of knowing that I was dreaming about her again, which bothers me. I really need to find somebody else...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: May 31, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

I don't remember too much about my dream today. All I know is that there was a space station, the school where I studied at, and pigeons trying to crap down on my hood. Pigeons' crap is the thing I remember the best in my dream.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:08 pm »

Uh, well yeah, that's why you need to keep doing it for a while. Practice.

My dream from last night: barely remember it at all, but it involved some crazy royals/nobles and the goings-on in their castle or whatever.
The main one I remember was especially eccentric, paranoid and more prone to violence than the others. I remember him viciously beating some servant or unimportant person with his cane when they mentioned some family secret, only for them to explain (possibly with their dying breath) that he was the one who had told them about it in the first place.
In that scene he was wearing this dramatic outfit- a purple coat/gown of some sort, a grey coloured hat that was either of the bucket or bowler variety, some glasses whose lenses I believe were tinted red, and this strange, horizontal mask over his mouth, made of these angular, extravagant pieces of light metal almost in the shape of a second, larger over-mouth or perhaps some sort of beak.
It made his overall appearance rather frightening. Also he discovered time travel at some point in the dream (possibly just by stumbling across a portal), and I remember him being torn between exploring it further and attending his brother's birthday party the next day- someone, possibly either him or the narrator, said something about not even him wanting to miss the occasion.

Thinking of it, the guy was basically if a more-violent Hunter S. Thompson was transplanted from Fear and Loathing into the book I'm currently reading, haha. Except he didn't need drugs to be insane.
Wish I could remember more of the dream, it seemed quite interesting. There was a lot more to it, involving the family's inner politics and waning power, and judging by the time-travel arc spanning quite some time. Alas, I remember basically nothing except that scene. Oh and I believe the nobleman's (count's?) brother appeared to be Fighter from 8-bit theatre.   

Edit: Drat, had to fix a one-letter typo.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:23:50 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: June 01, 2017, 01:49:12 pm »

I had a dream that I was playing Kerbal Space Program, flying a space plane on the Mun, except it's really mountainous and has an atmosphere for some reason. While following a canyon I suddenly notice smoke on the horizon. Like a lot, so much that it rises over mountains and blocks out the stars. It turns out that about a quarter of the Mun's surface is on fire, but I'm still on the wrong side of the mountains so I can't see what's burning. I try to do a retrograde burn in order to land and see what's up, but the atmosphere makes that whole "spin 180 degrees without losing velocity" thing difficult. It appears I'm safe for a second, but then the cockpit boops the side of the mountain a bit too hard. My kerbal avatar is killed instantly, while my copilot is somehow thrown clear... directly into the canyon. At that point I ragequit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: June 01, 2017, 05:15:53 pm »

Bleafh! Screw dreams that cause you to roll off the bed and hit something hard enough to draw blood. Hopefully any other further dreams don't cause any injuries like that. It sounds like it hurt!
Moved my nightstand away from my bed right after it happened.

Now all I have to worry about is waking up with my foot in cat barf. Yuck.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:17:59 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: June 02, 2017, 02:12:21 am »

Dreamed i was renting an apartment on a balcony overlooking a major ratail store like a walmart or something. There was also this huge black puma/jaguar that kwpt leaping up onto my balcony and attacking me, and apparently other customers in the store at all hours. But nobody was doing anything about it. So i grabbed a weapon, i dont remember if it was a baseball bat or a machete or what, whenever i went out into the store to get something and it eventually attacked me. So i beat it to death or something.
The employees' response was to let me have a soda or something that got damaged in the fight. Still no shits given about the full-grown predatory animal fully capable of killing people wandering throuh the store.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: June 02, 2017, 12:43:19 pm »

Old dream, but I figured I might as well share. I was using the bathroom at night and browsing on my tablet, in my home country (I was there during the time of this dream) I could remember that it was raining, and the air was cool. I turned to the left and was startled to see a mass of orange candle-wax, in the shape of a humanoid sitting on the sink and staring at a wall on the opposite side. This caused me to panic and swing my tablet at it, which anticlimactically shattered the thing. I was still scared, and the fear made me realize I was in a dream... Some other stuffs which are only interesting to me followed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3584 on: June 05, 2017, 11:40:46 pm »

Okay, so I just had the most crazy dream.  Well, not the dream itself, the inspiration for it was obvious, but the ending.

First off, might be important, in my dreams in general the boundary between movies/games and "real life" is very blurred.  It isn't uncommon that I will be both watching a movie and inside the movie simultaneously.  So this could be a movie.

So, the dream:

I'm part of a group travelling through a world that basically looks like the far future, after the apocalypse.  Humanity is near gone, most cities are overgrown by forests, and intelligent dinosaurs rule the planet.  It is implied that my group was thrown into the future due to time travel experiments and we are trying to find a way back.

We are also carrying a video tape with unknown contents.

Occasionally there are flashbacks to shortly after we arrived in the future, before we know about the dinosaurs or the fact that humanity is gone.  In the flashbacks, we are looking for the lab that sent us into the future, hoping it can send us back.

(If this seems awfully coherent for a dream, it's because I'm leaving out the stupider elements, like the flying sharks and the boardwalk safari subplot.)

Anyway, long story short, we eventually find the dinosaur temple time portal and are about to return to the past.  Then the final flashback:

We find the lab, which has been completely destroyed.  Plants are growing all over it and all of the machinery is broken.  There's some signs of dinosaurs but we're still ignoring them.

Inside the lab, I notice a flickering tv with a cracked screen.  There is a barely visible video playing on it.  I look at it.

Slowly, I walk over to the tv.

"Hey," I say, "do any of you remember that movie from a few years back?  The one about dinosaurs and the end of the world?"

"Yeah, why?" one of them answers.  "That was a dumb movie."

"It wasn't a movie," I say, slowly turning towards the "camera".  Behind me, the (silent) video shows the same scene, but lagging behind a few seconds.  "It was a vision from the future.  It's real."

I wake up/cut to black.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 339