Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568997 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3600 on: June 20, 2017, 11:58:40 pm »

Last night I dreamed my friends and I went to a club.  We kept getting kicked out for minor offenses and having to stand outside, watched by the bouncer.  It was okay though.  He was watching us constantly, but we still managed to get back in whenever the dream [discontinuity]'d.  It was a rather restless night for me, so there were plenty of discontinuities, and much carousing and pumped up kicks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: June 27, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »

I had a dream about a VR version of Diablo 2.

That was cool.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 03, 2017, 10:21:44 am »

Last night i dreamt i had a house with an attic crawlspace above my office. This crawlspace caught fire repeatedly. Like even though id extinguish the flames and drench all the coals it would be going again ten minutes later. My family was skeptical and thought i was full of shit and i couldnt get ahold of the fire department for help. So i just had to run back out to my attic every 15 minutes and spray everything down with the garden hose.

It was a very stressful dream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 03, 2017, 02:13:56 pm »

I had two dreams while I had no internet for the weekend.

In the first one, I had a superpower. And my superpower was conjuring ice cream anywhere I please, and controlling people with ice cream. I went to McDonalds to buy ice cream (this is a physical impossibility because the machines are perma-broke) because apparently I still buy ice cream even though I can literally conjure the stuff from thin air. However, as I was buying my ice cream, illegal criminal activities took place in the parking lot, and the brave cute cashier girl went out to stop them and had guns pulled on her. So I walked out and proceeded to jam their guns with ice cream, or conjure ice cream in their stomachs and cause them to vomit until they all ran away. Then I left as well.

After that I was talking to other superheroes about her and how she was cute but wouldn't want to see me again or something, but the bad dudes came back to the McDonalds so I went with a hero girl, who apparently packs a sawn-off Carcano rifle, to stop them, and woke up as the fighting started.

In the second dream I met and apparently fell in love with Z3 (Kancolle) but she got infected by a horrible spider parasite and I had to kill her.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 03, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »

Interesting segment of a dream, last night, which I'm still mulling over even this close to bedtime tonight(/imminently-tomorrow AM).

It was in the office of the ?Prime Minister?, and various staff, where the idea arose to play-act all sorts of bad decisions in front of a supposedly non-live webcam, such as deciding to sponsor an assassination attempt on French soil explicitly to further some (fictional) ends, insulting entire countries, mishandling domestic policies.  All just for their own entertainment, or possibly even to learn what sort of bad things they should avoid doing by exploring the 'bad space' of decision-making.

But they were doing all this not knowing that the dead webcam they were acting-out towards was live...  Totally unawares that it was going out to the actual real world.

Very strange (and stranger still when I picked up on an apparent plan to commit an atrocity in France, IRL) but not the strangest dreamgsegment overall, just the most persistently memorable.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 04, 2017, 07:35:07 am »

Why was I in Africa, and why does my mind think it's appropriate to have a polar bear there, much less an intangible one?

Good thing I woke up before it got me. I think it's because my head jerked against my pillow in my sleep, waking me up from the noise, but I'm not sure.

Annoyingly, I've started to feel mental pain, yes, pain, in my dreams. I'm aware it's simulated, but that doesn't make it pleasant. Hopefully that'll stop happening.

Similarly annoyingly, my efforts at lucid dreaming haven't come to fruition, even after several weeks. The method I'm using is examining the world and noting how I sense it, effectively testing to see if I'm dreaming in the real world. Hypothetically, eventually, one such test will occur in a dream, and upon it failing, the dream will become lucid.

On a brighter note, I had a One Piece themed dream I'm going to use as the base for a fanfiction.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 04, 2017, 08:16:20 am »

My dreams just keeps reminding me of how short I am (5'5" or something like that), people in these dreams rarely ever acknowledge me as an adult.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3607 on: July 19, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »

First I'm going to say this dream left me feeling disappointed but as I recapture it now I realize the deep meaning and it's pretty big at least from my perspective.

Whether you think of extraterrestrials, you know round head with big eyes, as monsters or actual visitors I feel like this dream has insights for both perspective.

Second I have to say that I'm a person who struggles between a desire and excitement of the idea of possibly encountering such an extraterrestrial, and being extremely terrified if I did so.

Okay, The Dream...

I am lying in a bed. I do not know this room but it is a typical boy's bedroom. I get a small very small image flash like a small thumbprint and my vision of the outline of your typical pop culture alien head, it's not any sort of suggestion that I'm seeing such a thing just to kind of put my mind that this has something to do with those.

There's some strange black objects maybe some kind of discarded toys or boards or something they're leaning against the bed and I can't really fully sit up until I move them aside so I have to decide that I'm going to slowly wake up or I just fall back asleep and not deal with these things so I put the effort in and move them aside. While I can't really see the room there's a faint glow from moonlight.

So I look in the center of the floor and I'm a little bit scared because I think I might and would like to see some kind of extraterrestrial there, I'm scanning the darkness to see if I see the two eyes staring back at me. I try to imagine it but it's just the imagination it's never actually anything there.

So I imagine maybe I'll see something out the window and there's more boards and random clutter in the way so I slowly move those out of the way. Nothing.

I'm getting braver for some reason I've just had enough of this I think I probably had dreams like this in the past where nothing happened and I think it was because maybe I was too timid so I go ahead and get up and get down on the floor!

As I do so I look ahead and I see there is another bed and there is something resting on it. It's a human boy and it's... me. Suddenly I think I understand what's going on I must be the Alien!

I look to see my hands if they are strange and maybe I have less fingers and the end with a circle or something like that. I just have my normal hands, I'll be it the hands of a young boy.

There is a mirror next to the door to the room so I go to look at it, and I realize I'm wearing kind of a astronaut uniform. With a big bubble head.

And then I wake up or my dream shift to something else or something like that.

I see now I still was the alien it just wasn't what I expected.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 28, 2017, 07:16:17 am »

Had a dream about flying a ship through the X-universe. Except, it wasn't exactly the X-universe, for most of it was taken over by IS. For one thing, whenever I docked at a station, I saw this lady of the 'welcome to the information station' pop-up, but instead she said (with the exact same cheery voice)  'welcome to the decapitation station'.
It was a slightly disturbing dream.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 28, 2017, 09:09:16 am »

Had a dream...

Minecraft? Loads of portals? Jumping in order to get prizes?

I don't remember it well.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 28, 2017, 03:28:58 pm »

Had this dream a few nights ago. It was pretty great, in a weird way.

Like most of my dreams these days, it involves work. This dream begins as I arrive at work to start my day, but with a pretty major difference: it's mid-morning instead of early-morning which is when I usually start. I dunno if it was April Fool's Day or Halloween or what, but there were signs of severe pranking everywhere I could see. There was even a car buried up to its roof. It wasn't simply covered in a dirt pile, though; someone had dug a car-sized hole into the dirt, placed the car inside, and then proceeded to bury it until the top of the roof was flush with the ground. The ground was hard-packed as well, as though it had been done days ago.

Anyway. I look for my assigned truck and realize that it's nowhere to be found. In real life, this is when I'd call the office and try to get a new assignment over the phone. In this dream, for some reason, I decided to pay the office a visit in-person. The office is a pretty standard affair, normally; ground-floor lounging and computer area, all the managers and dispatchers up the stairs. In this case, the building was much larger and more open, like a multi-leveled mall. Instead of taking the stairs to speak to my manager, I climbed on people's desks and cubicle walls and any other handy object. No one seemed to mind.

My manager informed me that I was going to be assigned to a new truck, but it was at an off-site storage area instead of our yard. I was given a ride to my city's downtown district and was dropped off in front of a small Chinese restaurant. I spoke to the staff inside, and after a while I managed to convince them that I was there for my truck, not any food. When they demanded payment, I gave them a sack of jewels. Some of the jewels looked fake, but the staff didn't care.

The staff said that they weren't exactly sure where my truck was located, but they would help me search. A door at the back of the building took us from the small restaurant to what was either a hotel or an apartment tower; several floors with numbered doors, some of which had people on the other side. There were secret passageways that I dared not explore, and the stairs leading from one floor to the next were never the same design twice.

Eventually one of the restaurant workers shouted that they had found my truck! I came running and I saw...a closet. Just some shelves inside a door. The person insisted that my truck was there so I took a closer look and found that the shelves were just camouflage. Beyond those shelves were more shelves. And then more. And more. Until I entered this bright, modern parking garage. It was huge! Dozens of cars of every make, model, and color. Sitting in the back? Several trucks, all with my company's logo on them! I found the one assigned to me, hopped in, and started it up. The last thing I noticed before I woke up was that the odometer was set to 0. It had never been driven before.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: July 28, 2017, 09:58:42 pm »

Well, dreams are interesting and I've had a few pretty neat ones in the past so maybe I'll start posting here. This first one going to be pretty basic though, it's more like the ending to a dream rather than a whole dream itself.

So I'm in my old high school, walking through the hallways as a regular student when I encounter some guys near the bathroom. They say some pretty difficult to believe things that I don't remember so I decided to mess with them by pretending to be a madman who thinks he's trapped in a dream. In the middle of my act, it suddenly hits me: "I actually am in a dream!"

Then things turn lucid and I decide to take advantage of the situation. I abandon those guys I was talking to earlier and find my old crush walking in the hallway. Suddenly, as if someone flipped a lightswitch, everything became blindingly bright and the world I was in felt less real. Rather than the simulation I had earlier, everything became foggier and not long afterwards I woke up.

I've had dreams more interesting than that, but this was the only one I still remember in enough detail to post. I don't have lucid dreaming very often and it doesn't usually take too long for me to wake up, but as far as lucid dreams go, this is the closest I've ever gotten to achieving a specific goal that I set out for.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: July 30, 2017, 11:30:36 am »

Weird Hogwarts variant. Voldemort coming. Heard about some horrible creature called a Paint Man. Such is life.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:22 am »

Failed my Lucid Dreaming check by pinching my nose, breathing through it, and assuming it was normal. Whooops!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: July 31, 2017, 07:12:53 am »

Last night I dreamed I was trying to leave a tip at an American restaurant, but I only had European money. It was frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 339