Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568149 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3210 on: August 31, 2016, 08:00:01 am »

I had a dream about some dwarf fortress nonsense involving various forgotten things and singing trees, the singing trees, I hardly remember that at all. I also had a dream involving some survival situation and I was living on a beach with a few other people, after we did some stuff time passes and now there are more people and for some reason we have a roller coaster, one part of the roller coaster is specially designed so that we'd be just out of reach of sea monsters, not the res of it though, part of it even goes underwater! The leader of our group demanded that the roller coaster be taken down and the one who made it was rather upset.

I am now the person who made the roller coaster, everything is smaller and the roller coaster is now like a toy set I'm crying now and upset about the deconstruction of the roller coaster, the ocean at this point is now a container kind of like an aquarium, to the right the water is VERY dirty it's thick, brown, and has an enormous amount of junk and rotting food in it, I'm wondering why we can't get it clean. There is a monster in that gunk, its very obvious, I notice it but don't really react, a man comes by to deal with the monster, but he eats some of the food in the gunk pile and passes out falling in the water. Everything goes dark and now the man is mostly naked and is floating in an incredibly clean tank of water, I was surprised by the cleanliness of it. I begin pulling the man out and I am surprised about how light he is he is then stabbed by a long blade that came from behind me and I drop the man and I see a strange incredibly angry creature with 6 blood-shot eyes.

I ask it if I can do something first or something before it kills me, it stares at me intensely anger burning in its eyes as I slowly zoom in on it as intense music begins to grow louder and louder, his expression softens and he says "Okay!" I walk away for a moment before I decide I was far enough and begin running, the creature realizing what just happened gets angry again and begins to chase me, I see the door to the outside of the building and I know that there are people who can help me out outside. The creature quickly begins to close in on me and I get outside around the time it catches up to me, a group of people are outside and few of the grab some "weapons" I swear one of those weapons was a t-shirt launcher and the others were just weird. The weapons didn't seem to have much of an effect on the creature, nor did they get it's attention as it kept trying to get me. I woke up before anything else happened.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3211 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:05 am »

So, been brave enough to begin attempting WILD lately. I had a kickass lucid dream which I remember not much about, then wake up three minutes before my alarm in sleep paralysis. The accompanying hallucination? A crush I used to have straddling my stomach. then I realised it wasnt a hallucination
Laying in bed here tryng to decide whether to WILD again. Pros, kickass dream, kickass hallucination. Cons, kickass hallucination.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3212 on: August 31, 2016, 01:47:40 pm »

singing ents

it must be done
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 01, 2016, 12:46:40 am »

The fact you're turkish (iirc)

Wat

WHY YES, arkadaş, I be Türkiye.

THERE IS NO ARMENIA CLAY, IT ALL TURK LAND
ERDOG ATATÜRK
REMOVEINCLUDE KEBAB

See, this is why I'm not allowed to work from memory. Everything has to he written down

* Eric Blank jumps off a ridge
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3214 on: September 04, 2016, 11:25:16 am »

Science museum. 4D bathroom. minmay/duvessa. NerdCon. Met Luke/Leia, but in this universe, Star Wars was never made. Then Ben Kenobi called, said I had to take them out of the system now. Found Leia's ship, overrun with stormtroopers. Tricked them into getting out with the Darth Vader voice synthesizer I had made for NerdCon. Then as we flew away, cut to Ben Kenobi, who was in a courtroom with Jar Jar Binks and a mean-looking judge. Judge asked Ben where Luke and Leia were born. Jar Jar said "no-where!" Cut to me, now riding a bike w/ a boy and a girl (Luke&Leia?) into a city. Went to a sad-looking, small park to rest. Got the courtroom update from Ben, and I came up with a solution - they were born in space, which doesn't really have a unique coordinate system or something, since normally you have a planet to give you a reference frame. That part was awesome. Ben thought that was ingenious. It probably wasn't, but managing to use what not-dream me knows about Star Wars to solve a problem in my dream is pretty cool.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 10, 2016, 08:32:36 am »

Last night, I had a dream where I tried calling an American hotline to find out why the display on my digital watch was replaced with a screamer on the 55th minute of each hour. That's all I remember.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 10, 2016, 09:04:06 am »

I've been having very complicated dreams, lately. Yesterday morning, one part was me waking up to do something that I had been planning to do yesterday morning, and slight confusion (legitimate... because one element of the task involved something that is uniquely Friday getting in the way of a daily task, and the daily task ended up being shifted to a highly improbable time. But was the best logic my dream could pretend to me.

when I really woke up, and acually started my day, I discovered that the daily task had been rescheduled because of the immutable Weekly one, but only shifted by an hour.

But that was an entirely different part of the dream which involved me being in (or, alternately, not being in) a coach that was being driven along a route the driver was not familiar with, turned left and ended up in a river instead of following the route I was trying tonget him to go down.  It was at this pouint I (external me) arrived at the incident and started to help rescuing people (maybe) and luggage (definitely) that was floatng out of it. And that was just the sanest part.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 10, 2016, 02:05:50 pm »

It's been a while since I had a coherent dream, but there's one I can recall that involved me knowing how to drive, something about my class schedule being randomly assigned every day, satanic witches trying to create furries, and something or other about the remains of the sun by the year 2 trillion.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 10, 2016, 06:03:50 pm »

Had a dream last night about going to the mall with relatives. Relatives I don't have, mind. Didnt actually buy anything, just wandered around. There were "shops" in this mall that didn't seem to sell or offer anything, they were just places to visit.

Completely separate, and I can't recall if it was before or after the previous, but I dreamed of trying to fight off a robot that was approaching my island. The robot was about the size of a human, was quite slow, but had a laser or something and just wrecked whatever it wanted. I had toy tanks, planes, and seagulls and crows that laid eggs which exploded. Nothing that could actually stop the thing it seems.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 12, 2016, 07:00:42 am »

Had a lewd dream that for once wasn't weird as shit, depressing, or unsatisfying. OBVIOUSLY I won't talk about it more than that.

I was also lucid for a while but I don't quite remember what I dreamed. I was too busy practicing dream stabilization. I think the only reason I gave in was because of the alarm clock. There were some moments where I could vividly see instead of being blinded like I tend to be when I get too lucid.

Man, I'm the worst natural lucid dreamer.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 12, 2016, 07:31:58 am »

ITT cinder has ghostsex
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 12, 2016, 09:33:29 am »

Here's a hint:

Also FYI the two paragraphs were different dreams. I remember what my first dream was. I tend to remember about a couple of dreams when I wake up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 12, 2016, 09:39:44 am »

On topic, I dreamt with the exciting adventure of searching around a supermarket for a specific brand of dogfood. Despite frantically searching for it, I was unable to find it. Much to my chagrin, the supermarket was filled with old ladies, many of the grumpy kind.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 12, 2016, 09:47:03 am »

On topic, I dreamt with the exciting adventure of searching around a supermarket for a specific brand of dogfood. Despite frantically searching for it, I was unable to find it. Much to my chagrin, the supermarket was filled with old ladies, many of the grumpy kind.

Shopping adventures at the Grandmart?

Vaguely tangential to Cinder's post, I had a dream about friendship, cuddling, and some really good make-outs, while listening to weird experimental music on the Dream Internet.

Top notch stuff, brain. 10/10, would sleep again.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 12, 2016, 09:50:43 am »

Oh, I also recalled some detail about my lucid dream now. Apparently I'm part of Overwatch and I can see the future or something, and Genji doubted my powers so I to,d him that Hanzo is going to come over and insult him and told him exactly what Hanzo would say. Though that was before I got lucid. When I got lucid I just tried to tag along while doing my best to not wake up.

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 339