Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567568 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3060 on: April 15, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »

Early in the dream I was at my grandparents house, for some reason they possess a giant robotic Frisbee-like object, it would fly in a pattern over and over again never stopping. I decided to fly around their yard a bit (with my own power) and eventually I flew too near the weird Frisbee thing, I tried to dodge it by landing but at one point in its flying cycle it would fly close to the ground, right where I was, before I could dodge it slammed into me cutting into my flesh. I thought I had died and that the life was draining from me, nope, other then a few scratches on my neck I was just fine.

I quickly got up and after a few tries was able to put the frisbee back in the sky I decided to get far away from it as quickly as I could so I wouldn't get hit again. I start flying down the road to the nearby town and I see something strange, an enormous clock that stands over the road, it had one of those things that swing from side to side on those old clocks and it would pass quite near the road when it swung low, I fly pass it as fast as I can but it grazes me, I'm unaffected physically but it did alarm me. Then, there's an even bigger clock thing that has 2 clocks and 2 swingy things someone in my head told me to pass between them but I refused to, I already came close to dying twice let's not make it thrice.

Much later the dream changes, I'm a young boy and somethings happened that I can't really remember but I was taken in my some woman, time passes by, I'm probably about 15 or so at this point, I'm cooking with a girl of similar age, suddenly we start singing and dancing while music plays, the woman who took me in yells at us but we don't stop our weird song. Apparently this is now a movie, I know this because my dream basically tells me that the woman who took me in was much nicer in the book. More time passes.

I'm probably around 18 at this point, I'm with a bunch of other people at a camp of some kind, I talk with people about stuff and suddenly I'm a woman. More time passes, I'm still a woman and working at some place, I see some of the women who I knew from the camp, apparently they didn't like me because I stole all the guys from them and some girls to, I laugh at the fact they don't like me and get to work. I pick up a weird bit of fabric and I tell someone that I'm going to increase its weight, so I get the person near me to say an increasing amount of weight as I pounded the fabric against the wall, eventually I finish whatever I was doing and hang the fabric on the wall. There's a message on it, it looks like dream gibberish at first but eventually it changes into an image of an old warship, and it the message says that the British have been trying to destroy the world using the moon since the 17th century, everyone is shocked about this information, I was amused.

Much more time passes, I'm an old man now and I'm underground in a ship going along some passage, I eventually meet a bunch of people who are my fans, why I'm not sure but a fairly young girl was really attracted to me, I told her that I was far too old for her, she was a bit upset about this so I let her ride on the boat with me. I wake up a little later.

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3061 on: April 16, 2016, 05:43:59 am »

a giant robotic Frisbee-like object,
ROOMBA OF DA FUTAH!
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: April 20, 2016, 01:02:04 am »

One of the plotlines in a dream I had last night ended with Donald Trump going berserk after someone betrayed him somehow (I can't remember quite what it was that happened, but I know bloodthirsty rage seemed like a reasonable response at the time.) and wound up leading the police in a massive high-speed(?) pursuit along the highway. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: April 20, 2016, 04:20:12 pm »

Had a dream about rebuilding society in the ruins of the old, possibly on a familiar but different world than Earth?

We were living outside a ruined city, in a completely undeveloped area just covered in beautiful yellow gorse flowers, surrounding a shallow, clear wetland lake. We had been hunting dog-sized shaggy deer-looking animals and amphibian-esque fish in the wetlands, but there wasn't enough meat to survive off of long-term, and we had no idea what plants were edible. Some folks in the community were finishing work on rebuilding the engine of a rusty old work truck to go into the city for supplies. I'd uncovered a crate of thoroughly damaged and unreadable books in an old farmhouse near our settlement and started arguing with the others for the need to start farming and foraging before the cold seasons came. Once the truck was working, I said I wanted to ride along to hit up the library, and see if I could find information on local wild plants, or maybe even find an old garden or some seeds somewhere.

Me and about 5 others drove our hooptie into the city ruins, stowing it in an old underground parking garage we figured was safe. While heading out of the facility, we discovered a small group of armed, injured people resting and tending to the wounded in the stairwell to the streets above. They were wearing old blue uniforms, and pre-fall standard-issue exoskeletons on their legs. We offered some help tending to their wounded, and they explained that they were part of a group that had settled a nearby military installation. They'd been on a supply run when a coup had happened, with one of their ranks seizing power for themselves in a bid to create a military hegemony, using the threat of some kind of pre-fall artillery that could supposedly kill people without destroying infrastructure. After the fighting this group had fled here to recouperate, and were planning an operation to take down the artillery, and thus the authority of the would-be dictator. However, they'd lost many in the fighting, and more were wounded.

My friends and I agreed to help; they gave us uniforms and gear from their wounded, and we headed back to their compound, posing as their prisoners outside, then melting in among the ranks. At this point, the details are pretty fuzzy, but I remember bits that stood out. We found these old fume hood things that could seal and be depressurized to become vacuum chambers; the leader of the coup who had seized power had started to use them as holding cells, and for execution by asphyxiation. Later, I remember the soldiers talking about remembering pre-fall movies; some of the troops had set up a theater to do stage performances, and were putting on a Marvel superhero-themed burlesque show, which we used as a distraction. The rebels we had arrived with used it to seize a single-wing antigravity bomber, and we got in a long-range firefight with the base and the artillery weapon.

After this point, I can't remember if it had a conclusion or not, or what it was. But it was a pretty neat setting!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »

Other day I dreamed I was going over to a friends' house for dinner with him and his family. I brought potatoes. They were the wrong variety of potatoes; the mother of my friend refused to host dinner with the wrong potatoes. His father, on the other hand, was leader of the interstellar mafia and would have my head if I fucked up this dinner party. So I had to jump in my space ship and go on an emergency trading run to a system several jumps away that actually stocked the particular variety of potatoes this senile old woman wanted. When I got back the dinner commenced, and after that point everything got a little fuzzy...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: April 23, 2016, 01:58:33 pm »

I had a dream that I was a woman on some weird planet with giant creatures, early in the dream I was in a structure that was mostly surrounded by ocean, apparently the people here were planning on building two super boats but they didn't have the materials to do so, so they decided to make it into to one boat, they didn't know how they were going to do it so I volunteered to help saying "I can do it!" as I lifted the two unfinished boats out of the water with telekinesis. I set the boats down and suddenly, a gigantic dolphin flies out of the water! If I were to make a guess I would say its about as big or even bigger then a sperm whale.

It flies towards me mouth wide so that it may swallow me whole, I wasn't having that though, when it got in range I punched it mouth shut and punched it again sending it flying far away.
Later I was on some snow planet and there was a problem, a giant bear, its snout alone was easily the size of a fully grown human, it charges towards me and tries to bite me but I grab it by its snout, lift it and slam it against the ground and various piles of junk that littered the area, after beating it up a bit I see one of its cubs, it's as big as a fully grown grizzly bear. Now a second bear comes and wants to fight, I fight it using the other bear, then the other bear ceases to exist, now there's a big group of people who are mad at me for attacking the bears, apparently their endangered or something, so I drop the bear and it runs off into a forest in terror.

The people start shooting at me, I find this highly amusing, I can see each individual bullet flying towards me, I easily dodge them and laugh at their attempts to harm me, seems I missed a bullet, one coming right for my head, it hits me and things go black.

I am now in a bed in someones home, I don't know if its the people who shot at me or someone else but I'm alive so that's good, from what I can tell it seems their having a Christmas party or something, I start talking with someone and tell them about my occupation as a hunter of giant creatures, I prefer to avoid killing ones that are endangered but I also deal with giant creatures that are causing problems for people. Suddenly I notice something was wrong, I don't know what yet but I assumed it was a giant creature, the feeling intensifies as I look around trying to find the problem, suddenly storm troopers begin attacking the house! The people living here grab some weapons and begin fighting back, I'm handed a weird pistol and try to fire it at one of the storm troopers, it doesn't fire, the person who gave me the gun told me I had to extend the grip near the front of the weapon, apparently its a small smg.

So I help them fight the storm troopers my gun tearing through them fairly easily, it goes well for awhile, but things start to go badly, I don't really remember much at this point but I remember running towards some building having this strong feeling that I'm going to die, I feel tears on my face as I enter the building. No storm troopers, but I do find someone who his highly ranked among them, some weirdly shaped old man, he seems quite smug, he wasn't so smug after he got hundreds of bullets inside of him, I think I got shot a few times at this point but I'm not sure, the dream ends shortly after.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: April 23, 2016, 08:12:23 pm »

Just had an amazing dream about a game, following a mostly-doomed quest to combat some evil or another and depicted i a variety of videogame styles/genres, all of them seemingly rougelike, permadeath and unforgiving.

Tl;Dr: Brutal roguelike game with bizarre variety of graphical styles in which a series of characters die horribly at the hands of the monsters and/or demons plaguing the realm, sent on their quest by a young noblewoman and heir who eventually goes mad with grief over their deaths; plus a tie-in Piecewise RTD connected to the main narrative; all topped off with an awesome, trippy dream/hallucination/flashback sequence, possibly induced by magic and/or substance abuse.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: April 23, 2016, 08:48:50 pm »

Huh.  Warbeast fanart when, Yoink?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3068 on: April 24, 2016, 07:45:37 pm »

Dreamed that I was on a bus, going to Nationals (Science Olympiad). Then realized that I brought no clothes and no diabetes supplies, and we would be gone for a week.

Had to be dropped off on the side of the road and my dad picked me up.

Woke up in horror, remembered that Nationals is in my town this year. Phew.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: April 25, 2016, 06:12:23 am »

The only thing I remember about my last dream is that Vriska was singing in a musical, and it was awesome. Shame I don't remember anything else.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: April 25, 2016, 07:45:29 am »

Had a whole bunch of weird ass dreams last night.

First, I dreamed that a new Zelda game got announced, but it was really weird. The footage shown basically consisted of link walking around in first person fighting some enemies on an open grassy field. The fighting was slow paced and methodical, and the player apparently could control each hand individualy. The weird part wasn't that though, it was the fact that the whole game seemed to consist of this, and the game was pretty dang dark all the damn time. The lighting made it look like the in game time was locked in the last few moments of a sunset, when it isn't exactly night yet but its pretty dark regardless, with the sky taking a reddish-brown tone and everything seems to be covered in shadows. The music was monotonous and omnious.

This continued for a while, until Link kinda blacked out on the middle of the field. Some words flashed on the screen for a few seconds, saying something like "a whole life in one minute" and then link woke up on hospital bed thing inside a dark monochromatic room. Link would rise up from the bed and there would be a nasty bloody wound right on the middle of his back, and a weird monster thing that was also sitting on said bad would transform into a balding man, babble incoherently about something then wander off, and link would then SCREAM in such a disturbing and realistic way. It was more like a shriek, emitted by someone who got extremely frightened and is on the verge of being driven insane by fear.

That one dream ended at that point, and another one started. I remember I was walking around my town with a half filled bottle of soda and a flower bouquet, and apparently I was going to visit a friend who was just admitted to an insane asylum nearby. Thing is, there's no insane asylums in my town, and while I walked around and asked people about it, I could never actualy find it. I crossed with my friend's relatives in one street, and they were all wearing black for some reason, and just ignored me. Also, during all this time, I could hear a weird radio show thing, and whenever I went, I could still clearly hear it. It was apparently about how insane asylums conduct weird experiments that include cannibalism and something about "shadow beasts". Dream ended shortly after.

Brain pls, wtf r u doin.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: April 25, 2016, 09:20:48 am »

The only thing I remember about my last dream is that Vriska was singing in a musical, and it was awesome. Shame I don't remember anything else.
That sounds pretty flippin awesome.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: April 25, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

Had a whole bunch of weird ass dreams last night.

First, I dreamed that a new Zelda game got announced, but it was really weird. The footage shown basically consisted of link walking around in first person fighting some enemies on an open grassy field. The fighting was slow paced and methodical, and the player apparently could control each hand individualy. The weird part wasn't that though, it was the fact that the whole game seemed to consist of this, and the game was pretty dang dark all the damn time. The lighting made it look like the in game time was locked in the last few moments of a sunset, when it isn't exactly night yet but its pretty dark regardless, with the sky taking a reddish-brown tone and everything seems to be covered in shadows. The music was monotonous and omnious.

This continued for a while, until Link kinda blacked out on the middle of the field. Some words flashed on the screen for a few seconds, saying something like "a whole life in one minute" and then link woke up on hospital bed thing inside a dark monochromatic room. Link would rise up from the bed and there would be a nasty bloody wound right on the middle of his back, and a weird monster thing that was also sitting on said bad would transform into a balding man, babble incoherently about something then wander off, and link would then SCREAM in such a disturbing and realistic way. It was more like a shriek, emitted by someone who got extremely frightened and is on the verge of being driven insane by fear.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: April 26, 2016, 11:25:11 am »

I dreamt that I went to a Thai restaurant that was owned by my friend's family, and was considering buying 'Thai bread'. 'Thai bread' was literally a giant piece of penne pasta covered in cheese, or something that looked like cheese. There was also no actual Thai food on the menu, blow that I think about it.
Please note that this friend doesn't actually exist in real-life.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: April 26, 2016, 10:42:30 pm »

I keep having a reoccurring dream that I'm playing video games with my brother. The games are weird, often lethal-outside-the-game types, and he's always telling me I'm playing it wrong to do something else, even though I'm usually beating him.

I really miss him. RIP.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 339