Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568094 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2805 on: October 19, 2015, 01:27:46 pm »

So in a class I sit with a dude who is targeted by everyone, constantly getting mocked and I see him struggling to get into the collective but his nerdiness just does not allow him (he has no social awarness)

Now randomly in a dream, I end up bullying him and dragging him out of school in an attempt to beat him up.
I do not understand this at all.
The anti-bullying advertisers are on the psychic air waves, telling us that not doing anything to stop bullying is a form of bullying?
Don't know how right they are... And I'm sure IRL you do lots to help the guy, otherwise you wouldn't be so confused by the dream.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: October 19, 2015, 01:31:48 pm »

Yeah, this seems like a sort of Freudian guilt/anxiety dream, in my uninformed and unasked for opinion :P

Basically, you know the guy has problems, and you probably try to help him, or at least understand this, and that it's hard for him. Ofc, these problems - of mindset, it sounds like - don't solve themselves, get solved fully by other people, or even lose their effect fully when dealt with, unless he moves, so you can't really help him much. You simultaneously want to, but recognise there's not much you can do, and will not want to fruitlessly involve yourself, so conflict might give you weird dreams about it.
One wheel short of a wagon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: October 20, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

Took a short 1 hour nap.

Dreamed my teeth were falling out. One by one. Blood everywhere. Towards the end of the dream, it wasn't just teeth falling out, but big chunks of gum and cheek and mouth matter.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: October 20, 2015, 06:36:10 pm »

I had a pretty cool dream last night, although I can barely remember it now.

There was some guy travelling through this spooky ruined town/city when he accidentally smashed a hole in a stone slab and discovered some ancient treasure. It gave him some sort of powers, as well as enraging the spirits that had guarded it for so long and causing them to attack a nearby settlement and cause all sorts of trouble.

Main dude didn't seem too worried by this, from what I remember. He didn't have too much trouble fending off any ghostly beings that came after him, probably due to his newfound powers, and he searched the ruins to find more of the slabs and increase his power.

I know I don't remember much, but I do remember it being a fun dream.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: October 22, 2015, 08:39:59 am »

...note to self: way too much Trauma Center.

I had a dream last night where I was playing a game in which the protagonist was a racist surgeon working on a spaceship, and his assistant was a long-winded alien who really knew his stuff when it came to patients that weren't human. Also, my brother was a nurse on the spaceship.

I think I need to re-evaluate my life.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: October 22, 2015, 11:13:55 am »

Dreamed I was a sailor on a Ship of the Line. Our ship, the Wellington, and our sister ship, the Gladstone, were leaving the area around a very heavily fortified harbor and naval depot, with desert terrain surrounding them. Despite the names, and the obviously British crew, we were flying French colors. There was a lot of shouting about what must have been nonsense, but sounded like the sort of chatter that would be going on on a decently sized sailing ship. None of that applied to me though, I knew that I was supposed to be checking over the ship's magazine. Checking the magazine turned out to mean counting ammunition and powder barrels, and checking them for signs of water damage.

I was about 3/4 of the way through my inspection (which had been slowed considerably by the quartermaster's terrible handwriting leaving me unsure of how much of everything there was supposed to be and taken up most of the actual dream time) when the ship's bell rang for battle stations. I was a loader on a port broadside gun. I ran as fast as I could to get to my station, but I never managed it. A sudden, very powerful shot completely destroyed the stairs up to the top just before I reached them. One of the marines who was a little farther ahead of me was a bit too close and got a misting of shrapnel. Through the hole the shot made in the side of the ship I could see that the Gladstone was severely on fire and starting to break up. I recognized how well and truly fucked we were when I saw a few futuristic looking helicopters landed on the water nearby dropping rubber boats and picking up the surprisingly numerous survivors.

I wasn't be surprised to learn our ship was out of commission, but instead of surrendering I could see through a gun port on the other side that our crew had abandoned ship on rowboats and were making toward shore, leaving those of us who were stuck below deck behind. Not long after that, I heard helicopters hovering over us, and people dropping onto the deck. Probably from the helicopters on ropes. There was a very quick discussion between myself and the remaining crew, and we decided to surrender. The attackers, men with US combat gear with blue digital camouflage, jumped down the hole where the staircase used to be and started shooting at us while we had our hands up. Which was rather rude of them. I ran away toward the magazine, intending to detonate it to prevent the ship's capture, but it didn't take them all that long to gun down my comrades. I caught a bullet in the shoulder, but I made it down the stairs and shut the door to the magazine behind me.

I was next to an open barrel and had just struck a match when one of them kicked open the door. He charged me, but all I had to do was drop the match. I did, and the dream ended.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: October 22, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »

I had this dream a couple months ago, but it's the most vivid and interesting I've had in a long time, and seemed to be unusually infused with random allusions. This ended up way longer written out than I expected.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It seems remarkably complete for one of my dreams, though most of the ones I've remembered the longest also have some vaguely coherent resolution.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:46:10 pm by Tuxfanturnip »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: October 22, 2015, 06:48:10 pm »

...Darn, my dreams are just the empty blackness of "Nope, you don't get to remember any dreams you had."
Also, PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: October 23, 2015, 04:42:26 am »

Had a weird dream where someone was talking about how they had a problem with too many lizards, so they got some more lizards, bigger ones to eat the other lizards.

Only, those lizards didn't eat them, so they got even bigger lizards which did eat them. Even if it's a dream, I did get to watch a lizard start swallowing a smaller lizard whole starting from the tail, to the point the food lizard's head was sticking out of the bigger one's mouth.

...Darn, my dreams are just the empty blackness of "Nope, you don't get to remember any dreams you had."
Also, PTW.
Same here, but often some crazy things happen(see above) that I can't help but remember them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: October 23, 2015, 07:10:26 am »

I had a dream where I was at some random place. I found lollipops there... big lollipops. I thought I would add that to my candy stash. No one noticed. Somehow, I got home by school bus even though I'm 29. I feared I left my lollipops at the school bus, but when I saw them at home I was relieved.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: October 23, 2015, 07:45:25 am »

After waking up to my alarm I immediately went back to sleep... And had a dream about being late to work! Genius!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: October 23, 2015, 09:31:01 am »

Oh I do that sometimes. I've even hallucinated my alarm going off having already slept past it.
Humans are weird yo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: October 23, 2015, 11:30:03 am »

Weird dream of the day (night?):

I was playing a game that was a cross between Dwarf Fortress and Pharaoh.

I kind of wish it was real. It was actually kind of cool.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: October 24, 2015, 04:40:29 am »

Had another weird one. I woke up to find that my right index finger had folded inwards on the tip/pad/whatever it's called. It looked sorta like a vagina, but that was irrelevant. The only way to let it heal properly was to keep it spread open, which was incredibly painful.

Weird dream of the day (night?):

I was playing a game that was a cross between Dwarf Fortress and Pharaoh.

I kind of wish it was real. It was actually kind of cool.

Give Timber and Stone a try, it's sorta similar. I think.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: October 29, 2015, 11:52:00 am »

Did not sleep well last night. Too many bad dreams ._.
Or maybe that should be "one unending bad dream"

In the first dream, I had been close witness to a massacre. Hoodlums were chopping old people to bits, cutting off heads and the like, and I saw it all happen.
Then I dreamed that I had woken up, and upon logging onto my computer discovered that this massacre had in fact happened while I was asleep.
After that, things got creepy. I noticed that people were watching the house while I was there, whether standing across the street looking through my bedroom window or hanging out in my backyard, always leaving after I spotted them. I began getting strange, fake assignments from work (example: go to Oakland and pick up a load from "Black Man", no address. Yeah, I dunno). I began to see people spying on me at work as well. The same people.

Eventually I called the cops to tell them that people were snooping around my house and I felt like I was in danger. The guy in charge of investigating not only didn't believe me, but was openly hostile. Then his partner pulled me aside and asked if I recognized him. It was one of the people following me around.

I woke up well before my alarm went off, but I didn't much care by that point.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 339