Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512627 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2445 on: April 06, 2015, 08:41:34 am »

I have the faintest memory of a dream last night. I think I was a girl. Pretty sure I was a pretty girl.

Also I may have been naked for no reason. It was a weird-ass dream.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 06, 2015, 12:36:44 pm »

I too had a ridiculous dream.

We got some new, elderly neighbors up here, and I had to explain to them how to get a well drilled. "Go call this guy and pay him." Suddenly once they got a well drilled they installed artificial streams and pools everywhere, pipes that fed water into these but also played cute little musical notes. It was honestly quite beautiful.
But then me and me mum walked back over to our side, and at first it seemed like more of the same, and then it turned into a military base. Nobody around until exactly 9:30 am. Suddenly it was bustling with activity, and there was a guest theatre we went to see a show. It turned out to be something about environmental protection and narrated by a guy sitting in a chair off to the side. At the conclusion of his propaganda, he gave us all bottles full of paint and told us he wanted, for the glory of mother nature, to have neon green carpets, dark green ceilings, and yellow-green walls in this theatre room. So everybody started spraying multicolored paint all over the place while I tried to figure out the color adjustment menu on my paint can. It was like the custom colors pallette in mspaint, but I could get it to apply the color I wanted. Eventually we just left and learned that at the end of the shift, at 9pm, the base personnel all got onto a single large flying saucer thing and flew home. Apparently the staff came from all over the country. They refused to give us a ride because we lived here and flying back would be inefficient, and I was sad. ;-;

I also had some dream about starmade, in which I spawned on a planet that was, well, squished into something resembling a moldy fish carcass rather than a sphere, and built a great obelisk on it with a logic powered transit system. I recall immediately before that a dream about driving like an utter maniac but not much else.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 06, 2015, 03:30:23 pm »

I dreamed I was making some kind of fudged-based dessert, involving melting down a bunch of chocolate chips and then re-solidifying them in a pan. For some reason the second step involved cutting the contents of another pan of chocolate into strips, then arranging them on top of the first, but without be noticing the transition it went from arranging strips of chocolate on top of frozen chocolate to arranging severed hands on top of frozen chocolate, and for some reason I was convinced it would all just become chocolatey desert once I followed the steps in the right order (though I do remember being very nervous about getting the recipe wrong).
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 07, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

Dumbest goddamn dream last night. Was enjoying some estuary near the sea, digging around in the water, and I pulled out a tiny little turtle. Couldn't have been more than 2 inches long, could hold it comfortably between forefinger and thumb. I look away from the adorbaturtle for a second, and suddenly the hand it's in feels wet and I can smell poop. I look back, and the turtle's front end had popped off, was completely gone, revealing its internal structure to be literally nothing but shit. I must have squeeze it accidentally or that's a kamikaze defense mechanism or something.

I actually think the smell of crap came from my dog in the waking world farting (he loves to eat horse manure for every meal of the day) and my brain processed that into "Sorry your turtle exploded and now there's shit all over your hand." I can't recall ever being able to reference my sense of smell in a dream before.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:07 pm »

Abraham Lincoln was such a jerk in my dream. He launched the nuclear missile even though I kept warning him about the fact that it was not a normal bomb and that the radiation would spread all over the U.S. The Irradiated zone reached as far as Yellowstone, but luckily most cities were on the other side and were shielded from the radiation by the mountains. After that an evil white dragon thing (I think he was supposed to be the main antagonist or something) used his fiery breath to make black alien tentacles appear in the sea next to the remains of an ancient stone bridge (there was only one of the supporting pillars left). Some blonde dude with a weird haircut (most likely a world leader) decided to do the same as Lincoln (because the fact that he had fired a nuke meant that a nuclear war had started and that everyone was allowed to use nuclear bombs) and nuked the tentacles, which made them spread all over the ocean and everyone died of thirst except me because I was made of crystals and had a hazmat suit (this is also the reason why I survived the first nuke). I also remember that one of the world leader was a jerk with me and wouldn't want to listen to me because she was stupid and had an anger management problem. I was so angry at these people for being completely incompetent and stupid that I had started a conspiracy against them which involved time travel, inter-dimensional portals and messing with the laws of natures. Unluckily for me the tentacle infestation kinda ruined my plan, even though they still had what they deserved.

The world geography was weird in that dream; Yellowstone was in the middle of a southern continent, with a mostly civilized area to the east and plains and forests with a few cities in between to the west. There was also a second continent to the north which had medieval technology and renaissance architecture. Abraham Lincoln was to the east of the mountain of the southern continent while the blonde guy directly north of Yellowstone on the other continent. The woman was either far to the east or west on the northern continent.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 11, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »

That dream is a lot more detailed than minr tend to be. A lot of mine are first person hero scenes in which I save somebody. There was a recent one when I was in a jungle. There was a titan made of flower and vines, and it was going to a sacrificial altar that was entwined with vines. There was a temple behind the Titan, and I knew that if the titan got the girl the altar would become some sort of weapon. I preceeded to free the girl and, my heroics done for the day, spent the rest of the dream evading the monster.
Not really on a continent scale at all, heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 13, 2015, 11:29:08 am »

This dream is really fuzzy, I can't remember it very well, but I can remember what woke me up. I was standing in the field outside my house with my brother, talking about something. My brother suddenly looked at the ground and saw a huge swarm of some small, tan insects storming towards him on the ground. "Bugs" he screamed, as they started to envelop his legs. While they attacked him, another large swarm started to move towards me. Their numbers were so great that they made a sound reminiscent of a stampede of hooved animals. I then woke up at 4AM, thrashing around with my heart racing.

My dreams have been extremely unsettling lately, and this is the third time that I've woken up at four o' clock from it. One of them was when I accidentally kicked a wall at full force while having said dream, so I guess that doesn't count, but it's still completely terrifying.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 13, 2015, 12:03:31 pm »

Something about a baby whose mother died in the cold. Blergh...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 13, 2015, 12:06:25 pm »

Dreamt I had to milk a cat. Cant remember the reason, it just seemed really crucial that I did it in the dream. Thankfuly the cat was female.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:18 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is invading your dreams.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:44 pm »

I am going trough so many emotional states that my dreams are starting to look like the way I imagine you see things when you take drugs.

Best thing? I do not remember them for some reason, only thing I remember is just emotions, eg. I feel absolutely awesome for some reason in my dream and hear my favorite song playing then just depressive emotions roll in and it feels so real yet so abstract...

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: April 13, 2015, 10:06:27 pm »

That dream is a lot more detailed than minr tend to be. A lot of mine are first person hero scenes in which I save somebody. There was a recent one when I was in a jungle. There was a titan made of flower and vines, and it was going to a sacrificial altar that was entwined with vines. There was a temple behind the Titan, and I knew that if the titan got the girl the altar would become some sort of weapon. I preceeded to free the girl and, my heroics done for the day, spent the rest of the dream evading the monster.
Not really on a continent scale at all, heh.

My dreams tend to be quite complex, not sure why. I've also been remembering them more often this year for some reason. Not that I'm complaining, I love my dreams. They give me so many good ideas for stories :)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:23 am »

My dreams have the weird quality of preluding waking up some mornings. Today's dream ended with someone else giving me a hug right before my phone went off in real life. It was my parents. I had a bit of bad news from that, but this is the dream thread!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: April 14, 2015, 08:08:11 am »

I'm jealous of all your wacky dreams. Those I tend to have like once a year. Most of the time I either don't dream or they're really normal, like I'm in school or something.

I swear, even my nightmares are school-related. I have multiple dream heart attacks about deadlines or homework, wake up and scrounge through my bag in panic, stop and realize I don't even take biology as a subject then go back to sleep pissed off.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: April 14, 2015, 11:21:03 am »

I'm jealous of all your wacky dreams. Those I tend to have like once a year. Most of the time I either don't dream or they're really normal, like I'm in school or something.

I swear, even my nightmares are school-related. I have multiple dream heart attacks about deadlines or homework, wake up and scrounge through my bag in panic, stop and realize I don't even take biology as a subject then go back to sleep pissed off.

Apparently a good way to remember your dream is to write them down right after you wake up. After a while you should remember them more often. It worked for me.
And also, schools in my dreams always have a maze-like structure. I often spend hours wandering in them without ever finding what I'm looking for. Somehow I'm never scared of not getting where I want on time or getting lost. I just wander, almost aimlessly.

On another note, my last dream was weird. I was in a massive wizard college/tower. It looked like it was in Skyrim, and the place looked like a mix between a dwemer ruin and the inside of windhelm's castle. At some point I was a pink argonian vampire wizard (I have no idea) and I was trying to hide the corpses of two people I had drained out of blood. At the same time, an alien looking like a robot was infiltrated in the same place a few floors below me. He succeeded at his goal of getting the common cold, which somehow allowed his specie to take over the world. They all looked like poorly drawn 2D shirts with red and black horizontal stripes. The color of their stripes determined their rank in their society. I was given a black and white shirt which meant "shame". I then proceeded to mock them for their stupid class system for the rest of my dream. At that point I seemed to be completely unaffected by gravity.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 339