Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512637 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2415 on: March 25, 2015, 04:38:25 am »

Other night I dreamed that 1) I couldn't cook a hamburger to save my life, although trying to cook it on fumes erupting from a kitchen sink probably didn't help. 2) We had a new car, and it was sapient and regularly had smart ass comments to make about us. and 3) the government wanted that damn car. Somebody also called and wanted me to put the car on the phone. Sorry sir, but cars can't talk *car yells loudly in the background*
If the car was such a smart-ass, was there a reason that you didn't just give it to them? Or was that, as with most things in dreams, just ignored? Also, that hamburger incident sounds hilarious.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: March 25, 2015, 09:01:53 am »

Well, last night I dreamed that I finally recieved those DLC codes for Mewtwo in SSB4 from Nintendo. Only instead of unlocking Mewtwo directly, in the character select screen it created a silhouette, which when selected the profile did not look like Mewtwo. So I played with the new character anyways, who seemed to have some electric and fire based attacks, generally of the long-ranged variety (Like Palutena's up smash pillar of light, but it was fire instead, or ZSS's electric whip). He was dressed in a lab coat and had this interesting hair-doo. Oh, and I couldn't change his color, or customize him or anything.

I finally won a game as him, and I got a challenger aproaching screen. Aha! THAT looks like Mewtwo! I go to the fight, and yes it's Mewtwo. I beat him first try and it says "Dr. █████ and Mewtwo enter the fray!", and now I can select Mewtwo, and the doctor character is customizable and I can pick his color now (also not a silhouette).

I must be getting impatient.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:03 am »

Coherence is hard sometimes. Dream went something like this:
Some kind of multinational gathering thing with schmart kids, something about boilers and confiscating random junk, jackets being thrown up front, this faintly amazing acrobatics display by this blonde (actually verdette) who could take off the blonde and turn them into monster killing doomwhips that change color, display ending with people getting in way and wrapped up in selectively deadly doomwhips and really nice tits on head, segue into afterparty and neighbors being creatures from the black lagoon being flammenwerfed by nazi before N gets shot by peopleform lagooncritters and LCs deciding to clean up witnesses -- viewpoint character being witness -- then into house, into basement/garage thing, up to wall with frankly invisible hidden room doorthing while monologuing about people must knowing, then fade to consciousness.

Some bit in between the segue about happy family life between two radical shapeshifters, which included a public mating ritual between giant mechanical bees. Or, like, one bee/wasp thing and one moth thing. It was, uh. Far sweeter than it should have been, for what amounted to two fleshcrafters screwing in a restaurant.

No, I don't know why a random nazi was burning out a nest of what appeared to be mobster creatures from the black lagoon. I'm not sure I want to know.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:53 pm »

A few days ago, I actually had a pretty nice dream.
It went something like this:
I was fighting some random person (possibly one of my sister's in-dream friends) in a suburban area. The physics were completely over-the-top, and I remember having some special powers, like being able to turn back time a little on the surroundings to reverse damage to structures/ create buildings with my mind. I must of had some minor telekinesis as well, because I remember causing some volatile chemicals to flow up and surround him/her and explode.

I think I might have switched to his/her perspective at one point, and I remember him/her referring to me as something to be smited, so I guess I was evil for some reason.

What I know for sure was that I got my ass handed to me and my face pounded in and charred, prompting me to unlock a much more powerful version of my construction ability, which involved me basically leaving my body to very quickly build sections of a building, starting from a skeleton and quickly building outwards almost fractally. I built a massive, almost cathedral-like round building around us, sealing us both in before I (being half-awake at the time) ended and restarted the dream by basically reverse-blinking. The second time I was interrupted my real life before anything interesting happened, besides building a suiting place to battle, because I had a few minutes to prepare.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: March 28, 2015, 09:44:45 am »

So this one's gonna get spoilered. Because gender-related oddness and many implications of bad things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: March 29, 2015, 02:20:33 pm »

So this one's gonna get spoilered. Because gender-related oddness and many implications of bad things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
._.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 29, 2015, 03:10:27 pm »

Seriously, that creeped me the hell out. Even worse is that I think I've either read a description of a book or movie with approximately that plot, or had more-or-less the same dream myself.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 29, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »

Yeah, it only JUST barely skirts the edge of the giant red rule on the front page, and it was terrifying to dream it. But what's worse is I couldn't forget it, it just stayed in my head tormenting me until I typed it out and clicked post.

Anyways, that's why I spoilered it, because major "Here take all of my nope" factor.
The Cyan Menace

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:26 am »

I just had a dream where I was link in Majora's Mask trying to complete the first dungeon, except everything looked real. My experience in Silent Hilll did not help, because JESUS FUCK things got scary fast.
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: March 30, 2015, 02:11:21 pm »

Wow I have a lot of nightmares.

Last night I was a killer cyborg, not by choice, but because a parasitic living-metal-robot thing hid in my boot, when I put the boot on it injected me with a needle that made me pass out. When I came to, my left fist was encased in a advanced gauntlet, which had caked blood on it, and I had a HUD in my eye. I found out quickly how to retract this equipment into my skin to hide it, but I'd wake up each morning not in my bed but in some new place where I had killed someone, usually with something new and high-tech looking on or replacing my body. It was literally consuming me some nights, and other nights when it successfully killed someone it consumed them instead to grow; but when it didn't kill, it took pieces of me and literally replaced them, so no retractable parts to hide. One night, I didn't wake up...

...And then IRL me woke up after many seeminly months of sensory deprivation in dream.
The Cyan Menace

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 30, 2015, 03:29:45 pm »

Wow I have a lot of nightmares.

Last night I was a killer cyborg, not by choice, but because a parasitic living-metal-robot thing hid in my boot, when I put the boot on it injected me with a needle that made me pass out. When I came to, my left fist was encased in a advanced gauntlet, which had caked blood on it, and I had a HUD in my eye. I found out quickly how to retract this equipment into my skin to hide it, but I'd wake up each morning not in my bed but in some new place where I had killed someone, usually with something new and high-tech looking on or replacing my body. It was literally consuming me some nights, and other nights when it successfully killed someone it consumed them instead to grow; but when it didn't kill, it took pieces of me and literally replaced them, so no retractable parts to hide. One night, I didn't wake up...

...And then IRL me woke up after many seeminly months of sensory deprivation in dream.

Creepy O_0
I never seem to have nightmares, only extremely elaborate or strange dreams with a few mundane ones in-between. Speaking of strange things, here's my last dream:

Me and a bunch of people were sleeping in walking tents made out of furs, with our beds being some kind of swing thing also made out of furs attached to the celling. While we were all supposed to be sleeping (pretty munch everyone was awake), a white robot made out of nanomachines was sneaking around, dodging the combine soldiers (from half life 2) that were protecting our tent migration (also, it was important for them not to be seen by us for some reason, pretty strange considering they were essentially our bodyguards. I believe it was because they were part of a conspiracy of some sort). Eventually the robot miscalculated a jump and made about 12 combine fall over in my field of view, which confirmed my suspicion that the robot existed. A while later me and a group of friends befriended said robot and used it to discover that the shop we were in was full of unsafe products. Eventually the robot made our group coordinator (we were in some kind of space exploration themed summer camp at this point) feel useless by doing everything she did but better. Eventually she created a "beauty ship" which would very slowly regenerate the health of it's user. Me and my group found it pathetic, but we pretended we liked it to avoid making her feel even worse.

There was also something about me and a woman standing in an elevator and having it flip upside down. The women said that it was unrealistic that neither of us felt down during this process, I believed that she noticed that because she was genre savvy(I also found her very intelligent because of that). The top of the elevator went through the floor (which is weird considering the fact that we were going downwards) at the lobby of the building we were in right in front of the desk. No one seemed to find it strange until we started forcing the doors open, at which point the staff started helping us. The receptionist apologized to me for the broken elevator afterwards. After this I was forced to clean up the floor which was littered with wooden arrows.

I also vaguely remember something about a series of room each containing a boss battle which appeared as a museum exhibition. The final boss kept telling me how he was going to kill me and I vaguely remember that he was impossible to defeat.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: March 30, 2015, 04:07:35 pm »

So thinking about my dream above, it was one part Futurama were-car, one part Spider-man Symbiote, one part Agents of Shields Deathlock Project, one part Grey-Goo Scenario, all rolled into one, and add in a dash of isolation horror.
The Cyan Menace

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:52 pm »

Had some crazy last night. First up I was watching a single father in England somewhere panicking because he was going to jail for whatnot and would leave his five year old son and daughter (or maybe one of them was four) orphaned. They were a lower class impoverished family, and all of them made a living as thieves, pickpocketing, burgling, etc. Mean little kids but whatever. So daddy tucked the kids in and ran off to lala land, and when the cops showed up little billy had a revolver pointed at them. It was discovered that little Billy had fired off all the chambers into the walls and didn't know how to reload.

So the kids went to jail(!?) and then I was myself in a mall with a movie theater, getting turned down because I didn't have enough cash on me. I saw a girl there I recognized, but she refused to talk with me and just walked away. It was all very depressing. I left, then, and trying to get out of the parking lot I got in an accident... So I reloaded from the last save. And then I slid out of the parking lot when it wasn't my turn (it was winter, very icy) and did a couple donuts in the middle of the street, cop wasn't impressed. Reload from last save. Finally get out of the parking lot and am never heard from again.

After I left, some freaking demons showed up and tried to kidnap those kids from earlier. Some angels showed up to stop them, and a fight ensued on the roof of an abandoned warehouse. The demons summoned a battalion of crocodiles and alpacas. The British police from earlier in the dream showed up and sided with the angels. The stalemate continued indefinitely, and I soon woke up to hear my parents discussing what I understood to be $2,500 overdraw fees from the bank. I am glad sleepy-me is just mishearing things.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: March 31, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »

After I left, some freaking demons showed up and tried to kidnap those kids from earlier. Some angels showed up to stop them, and a fight ensued on the roof of an abandoned warehouse. The demons summoned a battalion of crocodiles and alpacas. The British police from earlier in the dream showed up and sided with the angels. The stalemate continued indefinitely, and I soon woke up to hear my parents discussing what I understood to be $2,500 overdraw fees from the bank. I am glad sleepy-me is just mishearing things.
Well that escalated rather quickly. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »

I've always known that alpacas are tools of evil.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 339