Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567321 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1815 on: July 19, 2014, 01:10:18 pm »

So, dream-me was searching on the internet for info on Jim Morrison.
Not sure what I needed it for, but somehow my dream self was being a dumb-head and had forgotten his first name. I typed a few different names into google with the surname 'Morrison' and eventually ended up on some website about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Somehow, from there the dream shifted to a gameshow based on the RRHF. It was hosted by Jack Black, and was incredibly bizarre. He was standing at some sort of lectern-thing before a small studio audience, and after a bunch of talking that I cannot remember, eventually called out an audience member to be a contestant.
The guy was pretty fat and had a receding hairline, but he seemed like a nice guy with a sense of humour.

The first challenge involved some sort of trivia, I believe, and he passed it with ease.
Then he had to go through some door into another room off the main one, presumably to retrieve something/reach an objective. As he waddled off, Jack Black said into some sort of radio in a stage whisper, "Send out the security guard, but dressed in high heels and drag!" or something along those lines.
Here the camera angle shifted so that it sort of showed the audience and JB in the main room, as well as the room on the other side of the door. Sure enough, as the contestant walked in, coming from a corridor leading somewhere behind the stage was this 'security guard', dressed in a wig, short skirt, high heels and a lot of makeup- it was actually some sort of animatronic balloon, but it was well-made enough that it approached the guy and started trying to knock him over.

The guy seemed to stand no chance against the balloon-guard, scrambling away from it on the floor.
At this point Jack Black revealed a rule/'mechanic' of the show where the contestant could go back to the start of the stage and reach through this small, rectangular hole just above ground level, and point at a random audience member to help them.
So the guy did, and happened to point at this pudgy, over-eager kid with a crazy mop of frizzy red hair.
The kid excitedly ran down through the door and tackled the balloon-creature from behind, grabbing it around the middle while the first contestant stomped/jumped on it repeatedly until it popped, resulting in a very loud bang and a shout of surprise from the guy holding it.

Then they moved on, and my memory gets a bit hazy, but I know either the next stage or the one after it involved some platforms in this weird purple room, where they were being attacked by more balloons, and they ended up calling in another audience member to help- who happened to be me.

I managed to save the day with some new strategy against the balloons, as well as a wooden splinter I found on the floor. I believe we ended up just standing still whilst the balloons (normal balloon-shape this time) ran towards us and hit the splinter.

Later on I think the dream morphed into a mashup of the gameshow and Crash Bash, the PS1 party game.
It was fun, whatever happened. That's all I can remember.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 19, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »

Mine was... strange.
I was playing a game on my phone, which looked like one of those Blackberry phones, and the game looked like one of those made in RPG Maker, but at the same time I was the character, despite looking from a topdown perspective. It was one of those horror games, like Misao, except pink was everywhere and I didn't see anything horrory. So there I was, walking and interacting with random objects in a house in which everything was pink when I walked into a rather... disturbing scene.
Namely, a threesome.
And then the dream ended.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1817 on: July 19, 2014, 08:15:28 pm »

Mine was... strange.
I was playing a game on my phone, which looked like one of those Blackberry phones, and the game looked like one of those made in RPG Maker, but at the same time I was the character, despite looking from a topdown perspective. It was one of those horror games, like Misao, except pink was everywhere and I didn't see anything horrory. So there I was, walking and interacting with random objects in a house in which everything was pink when I walked into a rather... disturbing scene.
Namely, a threesome.
And then the dream ended.
You inspect the lamp.
This is a pink lamp.
You inspect the wall.
The walls are pink.
You open the door.
Inside the room is a threesome.
Continue playing?
y/n
n
Game over, thank you for playing LSD simulator 2014

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 20, 2014, 06:52:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 20, 2014, 11:58:38 am »

I don't remember most of my dream but I know it involved, a furniture store, a library, silly puddy, and Andy Griffith.

Towards the end of my dream I was in a store with a guy I know, we grabbed some kool-aid packs and some gum and went over to buy it, I was floating at this point and I asked the lady working there "Am I floating or am I just crazy" she told me that I was not floating and that I was crazy.

at this point the guy turned into my cousin and I asked him for some silly puddy, he pulled some gum out of his mouth and handed it to me, I told him that this wouldn't work.

I was now a woman and I said "I don't got time for this" someone threw a dodge ball at me and I dodged it.
at this point I turned into an emu jumped into the air grabbed 2 dodge balls thrown at me out of the air and threw them back, and I won the game. I woke up.

Also my sleep disorder has gotten worse, I've gone from thumbnail sized spider to hand sized black crawling mass of death. :o
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 20, 2014, 04:06:23 pm »

I had a recurring dream quite some time ago, a pretty classical "chase themed" one.
I'm walking on a long street with my friends and/or family members, slowly strolling towards the safe-house, my house. It is placed around the middle of the road. We are halfway to my house, around 500 meters, when suddenly behind us some zombies, rabid dogs and other nasties show up. I am starting to become worried, encouraging our group of three to move quicker, but we still casually walk towards our destination. Suddenly, at the other end of the street another group of running enemies show up, sprinting towards us. Then my companions say to run, quickly running through the gate in the fence surrounding the safehouse, but I can't keep up, and they do not stop or even slow down for me. In fact, they manage to get to the building and lock the door, even though I am too far to hear it, I know it. When I get to the gate, either I'm too late and the things I'm running away from catch up to me, or I do get through the gate, but the horde stops me from closing it, and drags me back. Of course, then I wake up. That's the worst part: not knowing what happens afterwards. If I at the very least knew that I died in that dream, it would make it bearable, but the last thing I see is the "betrayal" of people I trust.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 20, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »

I don't remember much of the dream I had a few days ago. All I remember is that I underwent spinal decompression surgery, and when I came out of anesthesia, I was six feet tall, and kept hitting my head on stuff. I also went around looking at the tops of peoples' heads out of spite.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 21, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »

... I got into this thread, about to write about my dream, and I instantly forgot the entire thing.
Should have done it sooner, dang it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 22, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »

I dreamed that someone posted a topic on DF Gameplay asking for help because his fortress came to life. He posted a screenshot which looks like Minecraft with a giant golem made out of stone with lava pouring out from one of its eyes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 23, 2014, 03:10:02 pm »

in the earlier part of my dream I was in some weird building and someone unseen was offering to make me a sandwich. I was going to look through the blocked off parts of this place and ended up in a school.

I was now in my home with some crazy woman from an anime, she killed a helicopter pilot and for short amount of time we blew up stuff, but we decided it was time to retreat when a jeep with treads went speeding on by.

It was night and I was going to go to wall mart with some woman so I grabbed another woman and we decided to run over to wall mart, I eventually dropped the woman I was carrying and she ran off. We went inside and looked around but someone made me mad, so I start yelling and forcefully waving my hands up and down, a large circle of ice formed and every time I swung my arms down it grew higher and wider, I then finished whatever I was yelling about and a gigantic ice serpent rose out of the circle and begun destroying the store.

strangely, the town I was in is now gone and all the is left is wall mart and the road. The woman had grown worried and asked if the ice serpent would come after me, I told her that I couldn't die so there was nothing to worry about. The ice serpent then came after me and I raised my hand to it and it shrunk down and rested on my shoulder, it had become very hungry in its attack so me and woman decided to find it some food.

I turned around and we were in a building walking up stairs, I decided to feed my hand to the ice serpent and after it bit my hand off  my hand quickly grew back, I showed the woman this she seemed to be amazed and disgusted.

I was now in a field or something and I was Richard from LFG, my robe clothes thingy didn't seem to fit quite right, sadly my powers didn't seem to work, me and the people I was traveling with eventually ended up in my driveway, a woman was trying to kill us and after a short fight she offered to be my ally and for us to kill thousands of innocents together, I thought about it for a moment but decided to stay with my group, I did however give her my card in case she wanted to call me.

Shortly after this I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 24, 2014, 08:57:58 am »

Last night, I had a dream where I was playing Pokemon, and this one female ace trainer doing triple battles had three shinies, and I was raging so hard at that (even though none of them were really ones I cared for).
Also I caught a shiny Wurmple and was like "I don't even care what it evolves into because it'll look cool either way" (which is way more accurate to my actual opinion).

I think I need to take a forced break from this game.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:40 pm »

I dreamed that someone posted a topic on DF Gameplay asking for help because his fortress came to life. He posted a screenshot which looks like Minecraft with a giant golem made out of stone with lava pouring out from one of its eyes.
That sounds like the beginning of a creepypasta. Was it hyper-realistic lava?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 24, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »

As long as shit doesn't keep super-creepy, I'd read that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1828 on: July 24, 2014, 06:48:54 pm »

So I have no idea what to make of this dream; it had Mitt Romney in it giving speeches on a pristine podium in an absolute wasteland whilst evil Johnny Cash music was playing. Mitt Romney was talking about giving  everyone free lunches, increasing the military budget and lowering taxation all the whilst a nuclear explosion was rolling in alongside thunderstorms and even more evil Johnny Cash. When I mean evil, imagine all the morals of his songs reversed, like instead of 'you can have it all' it becomes 'I will take it all.'
I guess you just don't go to sleep listening to lowercase music. Then Gandhi appeared in front of the podium to begin talking about exactly the same things until the dream ended. I presume dream Romney and dream Gandhi were both killed by the dream nuclear explosion. Strange.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 24, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »

While I don't remember much about it, I remember that I had to save a girl from being eaten by her mother, while at the same time keeping this hidden from her twin sister for whatever reason. Also my mission was being streamed live on the internet because why not? Actually now that I think about it, it seems rather difficult to keep it hidden from her sister while everything I do is being streamed live for thousands of people.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 339