Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567286 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 15, 2014, 06:07:03 pm »

I had a dream about a war that used Cannons(old style cannons) that fired Rainbow Laser Chainsaw Butterflies riding Train-like cats.
the war was over the difference between Red and Violet.

what. ._. I think it is time for you to merge with me so that we make become the perfect being

A few years ago i had a dream where i went skeet shooting with some old HS buddies. We were skeet shooting cans of Pregnant Mayonnaise that when shot, the can split off and the Mayo would go "oooooh" in reply.
It gets weirder still as:
---a) I don't skeet shoot
---B) I don't like my Grad class membs.

Seriously my mind is that messed at night!
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1801 on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »

I think I had myself a rather satisfying dream. Basically, in this world, pretty much everyone in it hated me and apparently the recurring redhead girl (Maybe it's too red? I nickname her 'fireball'; though it''s more scarlet red; but glows like fire in sunlight. Considering a "freak" like her... Why is she disliked again? Maybe they think she has no soul?), to the point that we were deemed nonexistent to them. Hell, I think they were even so disgusted with us or something that they even had an attitude no different from germophobia.

Anyway, it apparently took place in a location sorta as an expy of my college; similar in build, different place overall, but essentially the same feel (A procedural generation of the same places). Anyway, I think I was in Hell or something, because I was in a situation that would amount to a psychological nightmare. EVERYBODY hates me, to the point that laws were made against my existence and so forth; even to the point of considering me nonexistent. I mean, it was seemingly real life, with a bullied past distortion, frappe'd and turned up to 11; well-blended and potent while at it.

Anyhow, the dream world Hell, as far as I was able to conclude researching it with my reheaded companion, happened to have left a loophole in it, or an oversight that made this Hell into a veritable Heaven. They said nothing about co-mingling with others deemed nonexistent. Knowing the kind of people me and this cute girl are (super-smart, and despite her angelic looks, sinister as fuck. She wanted her fun too. It was clear.); we exploited the hell out of it, and the environment already locked us in for a full 4-hour long class about... something utterly pointless, like Pop-Culture Politics or some BS (The Kardashian Royal Bloodline was an actual slide, complete with British Royalty treatment.).

Anyhow, we went nuts with everything we figured out, understood, and even found a mysterious booklet containing all the laws made against us. Essentially, we took the time to research everything before we pulled pranks, rigged setups, had desk fort battles during the class (staple guns hurt), and [REDACTED]. Basically, in a universe that absolutely hates your guts with no cause, and with extreme prejudice, but is prevented from causing harm to you (or even taking notice), or otherwise your existence would be acknowledged, or somesuch; making everyone over there feel as uncomfortable as possible, while being the personification of the term happy, is utterly satisfying. If I was in Hell, then I think I got hired to be a tormenter. Hell, thanks for one of the funnest jobs ever. Payback's a bitch, ain't it, people.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:29:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 15, 2014, 07:36:16 pm »

I sometimes have a recurring dream where I'm standing on a cliff overlooking a canyon and an eagle man flies down and brutally eviscerates me and I die.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 15, 2014, 07:40:34 pm »

I had a dream about a war that used Cannons(old style cannons) that fired Rainbow Laser Chainsaw Butterflies riding Train-like cats.
the war was over the difference between Red and Violet.
It might be good for you to stay away from the following:
-Pre-modern era war films
-Science fiction
-Slasher movies
-Poetry

-The internet this sums up everything
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 15, 2014, 10:40:05 pm »

I dreamt that I was standing outside my old school in the middle of the night. Suddenly a swarm of horribly disfigured people started pouring out of the school and chasing me and yelling that I wasn't human. I ran away but then I tripped on a rock and fell into a river. Thats all I remember.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:14 am »

I don't usually remember my dreams very well, but this one stuck with me enough that I feel like talking about it.

So, I was in charge of the kitchens at a fairly upscale hotel. I was telling some people in the kitchen about how a guest had complained about his steak being medium well when he wanted medium or some other silly thing when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around, and there was a guy, who I knew was the same guest. He was very badly burned all over, and rasped something at me before punching me out. I woke up on the floor with all of the lights dimmed or completely put out. I stood up and looked around, nobody in sight. I was thoroughly terrified by now, and grabbed the last knife from a wooden block before going out of the kitchen.

The door I'd gone through led into a dining room, and I was greeted by the sight of this guy standing on the side of the room. I made a frantic dash across the dining room with him just behind me, but he didn't follow me out of the room for some reason. I knew I needed to get out, so I ran through the hallway toward the reception area, with the walls and scenery getting more and more damaged and dirty as I got farther along. When I turned a corner, I saw a bigger crowd of people, mostly kitchen staff, running out in the same direction. The guy in the front of that crowd made it to the door to the reception area, and held it open when everyone else went through. I was at the back, and about to go through when the bastard shut the door on me. It was the burned guy from the beginning. Right before he closed the door, I could see the open doors to the courtyard, with armored SWAT troopers piling out of vans. I briefly wondered why he'd bothered, then someone grabbed me from behind.

It was Chris. But then I remembered, I still had the knife. I tried to stab him, but he grabbed my arm and crushed it. It truly hurt like hell. He picked me up, said something unintelligible, and threw me into the door. I hit it hard, and slumped to the floor, every inch of me hurting like hell now. He walked over calmly, picked me up by the throat, and punched me in the face. I woke up right before he made contact.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 16, 2014, 02:17:01 am »

I had a dream:

I was flying a magnificent nimble biplane in wartime over a European-esque countryside of hedgerows and small farms.  I was chasing down a German officer who was riding a period motorcycle down a straight highway, clenching a comically huge meerschaum pipe in his teeth.  He was in every way a caricature.  The flying was vivid and exhilarating.  Eventually he disappeared into a town, into the maze of streets, and while circling above looking for him, I lost control of my plane and went crashing down through a factory roof.  Torn up by the wreckage of metal and glass, I somehow survived bleeding out on the floor of the factory.  My adversary pulled up on his motorcycle and offered me a hand up.

Later I dreamt that I was sitting with my old dog Lulu, long since dead.  I discovered that she could speak and understand English.  She had always just kept it a secret, as not to complicate our relationship.  We had a good talk.
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 17, 2014, 12:16:46 am »

RIGHT!

So the first part of the dream was me wandering around some large city (judging by the buildings it must have been Katowice (though they were much more modern than what I remember where my grandparents live) with my now-late dad, and I guess we were going to some restaurant of some description. I think there was some slight parkour at the end, too. Can't really remember that part all that much.

The second part looked a lot like a BBC show, and it was me with my classmates (well 2 of them at any rate, the rest of the people weren't really memorable) sitting at a round table playing some sort of card game (also the presenter might have been my English teacher...Not sure.) where each turn, the presenter would choose one card from the deck of what seemed like 100 cards (it was a lot of cards) and the players would pass on the deck drawing ~5 cards each and whoever would hold the chosen card at the end of the turn would win. Or something to that effect.
(Of course that is more of a luck game than anything else, but whatever, it was pretty cool for what was basically just my mind going batshit over the night.)

The third part was basically me with three other people participating in the Polish edition of Fifteen to One (called Ten to One here rather, since there's 10 contestants) and much to my surprise I won. It wouldn't be so silly if not for the fact I was at home, laying in bed. (though everything was much brighter than it really is here) After claiming my prize (which was basically a cheap bag containing trainers and something else, smh) I then went to our dining room and packed it into my backpack which I think I also had in the first part of that dream, even though if my memory serves me right I woke up between the 2nd and 3rd parts...Or I could be speaking complete BS right now.

Anyway, I may try to salvage the 2nd part and make it into some simple game, though it's not really fit for the forums that well... :V

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 17, 2014, 03:49:52 am »

I had a dream about meeting my ex and her IRL new boyfriend (who I've never seen even in pictures). I remember liking him, but not much else.

After that, I went home and Mom had bought a ton of McDonald's for dinner. It was all on my bed for some reason. No matter how much I ate, I didn't get any less hungry and I went to bed starving.

When I woke up on the next day (still dreaming), I went to work. But instead of working at our restaurant, everybody went to Florence to... eat more goddamn McDonald's.

I think working at that place has done something strange and irreversible to my mind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 17, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

I had a dream where the Mythbusters were trying to build a table out of waffles.

Also, I saw this guy I know in a part of Tokyo where a bunch of people were making a wall because they were quarantining somebody.

Wut.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 17, 2014, 04:17:48 pm »

Few days ago, I had a dream a small country was falling apart and members of the country's goverment together with high-ranking military officers were trying to flee with the country's gold reserves. I was a member of a mercenary band. Our leader decided he had enough of risking his life for rather meager payment and the best way to get enough money for retirement was to steal the gold. I don't remember much of the dream. I remember mostly looking at maps and trying to figure out what path the military would choose to transport the gold.
Eventually, a train with the gold on board stopped at a railway station in a small town or a village. I think our leader commanded units that secured the area around the town to prevent reinforcements from arriving. I was tasked with stealing the gold. I sent out a small group to fake an attack on the railway further down the train's path. Then I personally lead a group that was supposed to take the gold, load it on trucks and leave as quickly as possible.
We got to the station without encountering any resistance. We got out of our trucks when another mercenary band arrived. They outnumbered us and quickly surrounded us. Their leader was a huge guy that looked just like Voteman. He was about 2.5 meters tall and just as wide. I talked to him for a while. We got into a fistfight and were soon joined by our subordinates. Then I woke up.

Today I had a dream I was at the place I work in summer. It's a factory that makes car logos out of thin aluminum plates. Everyone was giving me a "WTF are you doing?" look as I kept walking around the place and doing something with various machines. I think I was trying to build a spaceship or some parts for it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 18, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

Dream that I got blind drunk and accidentally made a pragnent.
Brain that is not what you're supposed to be imagining about it's meant to be things that either can't happen or aren't emotionally crippling come on.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1812 on: July 19, 2014, 01:04:56 am »

Dream that I got blind drunk and accidentally made a pragnent.
wat
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 19, 2014, 02:02:19 am »

Last nights dream was great. Confusing, but great.
The setting was some sort of medieval fantasy mixed with the modern world, not that I can remember many details.

Earlier on in the dream, I vaguely remember some sort of shootout. That's basically all I remember about it... me running along, diving over a car (or some other obstacle) to gun down a couple of surprised people with my dual handguns, all very videogame-y.

Later in the dream, I received a mission quest from whoever my commander/ruler was, and set off to lands unknown.
Things got rather more Bethesda RPG-like for the rest of the dream. I can't remember much about my quest or its objectives, except for one part I had to go into this walled city of catfolk, to talk to one of their higher-ups about matters of state, or give them a message or something.
The catpeople turned out to be pretty up-themselves, and the black-armoured gate guard was reluctant to let me in despite the importance of my mission. Eventually he gave me some sort of writ to let me in, with the rule that once I'd done my business and left, I would not be allowed into the city again.

So I went in, tracked down the lordly types I was sent to talk to in some gloomy, torch-lit room and gave them the message.
Can't remember their reactions or much of anything else, but I wandered back out into the city's main square, with another part of my quest complete, and decided that if I wasn't going to be allowed back in here ever again I might as well take my time sight-seeing. :P

The city was pretty interesting; all built out of reddish-orange stone and with buildings packed atop buildings.
I can't remember much more than that about the architecture, but it seemed almost more like a sprawling, oversized castle than a city. Lots of high walkways against huge walls, that sort of thing, all most certainly medieval in appearance.

I wandered through an archway off the square and found myself on a small street with some stalls set into/against one wall.
One shopkeeper I saw was actually human, the first non-catperson I'd seen in the city, but I didn't ask his story, I just bought a small loaf of bread (or maybe a cupcake?) from him. I think I might have bought it by mistake, but I'm not sure.
The next stall I went to was (wo)manned by a female catperson, and seemed to be selling various city-related memorabilia. I'm not sure whether it was intended just for patriotic citizens since there was no tourism allowed, or if I'd just had bad luck with the guards, but either way I bought a trucker hat.
It was basically just a black trucker hat with a curved white shape on the front, but apparently that symbol had some significance to the catpeople? Whatever, I've wanted a trucker hat for a while and apparently dream-me was aware of that. Also I had three dollars in coins left as change from my last purchase, and the hat cost $3- which seemed insanely cheap to me so I guess it was a good deal.

Then I ended up wandering into the residential area. This still being seemingly inspired by your average free-roaming RPG, I had no qualms about wandering on in. I was sightseeing, damnit!
So I went about, doing the ancient RPG tradition of wandering into houses and doors at random to see what I could find. 
Eventually I went into one door on this long raised stone walkway of similar doors, and I found myself in this dark, poorly-lit apartment with a group of orcs sitting down to eat their evening meal. So I went up and had a chat with them, and found them to be far nicer and more agreeable than the uptight catpeople running the city.

There were four of them, two youngish adult females who were rather more slender/human-looking than the usual fantasy orcs, and a hulking, gruff male who was not. Then I think there was either a little child or a really old, small orc sitting at one end of the table, but I can't remember its gender.
Can't remember much of what we spoke about, except that their "tribe"(?) or group was called "The Incendiary Water", and they were celebrating because one of them (I think it might have been the older female?) had won a fistfight against some fighter/warrior the cat people held in high regard, knocking them on their arse and giving them a good beating, which would be quite humiliating with how dignified the catpeople were.

The younger of the two, when I spoke to her, at one point described just what they were eating- I can't remember what the meal was called, but apparently they would save up most of the food they came by, letting it spoil and go stale, until they had a special occasion- at which point they would just chuck it all in a pot and stew it indiscriminately. I think they may have then baked the results into a pastry crust, not sure.
I got the feeling it was more a matter of tradition than necessity that inspired them to cook something so nasty (to outsiders and non-orcs, anyway), since to be living in the cat-people city with fairly comfortable quarters these orcs had to be doing pretty well for themselves.

Then, once she'd finished excitedly describing the food and whatever else, she'd completely forgotten what she'd been doing beforehand and I had to remind her, at which point she tucked back into her food to the amusement of the others.
Can't remember that much more of our conversations, except that after that I made to leave, since I still had more of the city to explore, but the older woman-orc made a show of being offended that I hadn't stayed to listen to her story after talking to the other three, and as she mock-cried I hurriedly sat back down, patted her on the hand and assured her that I would.

Amidst more orcish laughter she started with her story, from some time ago when they'd been caught out in a storm, and had to stay in some sort of public bunkhouse in the city, she and the other female snuggled together sharing a bunk. My character was becoming progressively more squicked-out as she described her *ahem* 'needs' and how she was scouting the bunkhouse for some big, strong warrior-type man, but fortunately I woke up before she could get further in the story.
Well, not really fortunately, since the dream was awesome. :-\

Okay, finally got all that written out. I've forgotten a lot, sadly, that dream was pretty dang cool.
I wrote out the scene with the orcs first when I woke up, since it was freshest in my mind and I actually remembered some of the dialogue. That was really interesting, they seemed to be 'similar-yet-different' to your average fantasy orcs and orcish culture.
They did some gross stuff and were very unashamed and brash, but they were friendly and overall pretty cool. :)
I wish I could have dreams like this more often, and of course remember them better.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 19, 2014, 11:31:33 am »

I dreampt that I was on the forums.

:/
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 339