Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568071 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1410 on: April 07, 2014, 09:57:06 am »

I had a dream last night, in which there where these "potions" in real life, and they gave you benefits and side effects, and the only way to get rid of one potions is to drink another one. Some where even permanent. Due to an accident, I ended up drinking the potion of extreme stink. As in, "you have no future now because everyone will avoid you forever". Turns out, the effects could only be removed with one specific potion. The permanent gender-bend potion. Guess what I did? Yeah. I chugged it. The rest of the dream was me getting used to it with the help of a teacher and many other people, as apparently in my dream society approved of this happening occasionally.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 07, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

Had a dream that actually scared me quite a bit and led into another dream.

In the first dream I got 2 new games on Steam. The first one wasn't really anything special, the second one, though was completely different. My character was about my age and lived with his mother and brother, their house was also very strange looking. His mother and brother were also a bit strange but nothing too wierd from them. I just seemed to be living normally in this game. Over time my mom and brother (in the game) started acting strange and the game really started. I took a break and came back to the game.

After a bit more playing the two of them were actively trying to kill me. They were inhumanly tough, so I mostly tried to avoid them. I don't remember much, but I was becoming truly obsessed with this game, which had become a horror game by this time. I killed my brother but ended up in a situation where mother would kill me, and I snapped out of it (after obsessing over this game for dream days) and quit the game.

I stood up from the computer in my living room (even though my actual computer is in my bedroom) and turned around to see my mother from the video game standing there looking at me. For whatever reason rather than scaring me at all this just filled me with rage, causing me to scream at her: "NO! This is our world, YOU GET OUT!" She in an extremely uninterested voice responded "Both our worlds are just illusions." I then grabbed her shoulders dragged her into the kitchen (with her continuing to look uninterested) and began smashing her head against the counter yelling "YOU! GET! OUT! YOU! GET! OUT!" Then grabbed a knife but for whatever reason couldn't bring myself to stab her in the head. So instead I stomped her head.

After that I woke up, sat up in my bed and heard a loud noise outside. Somehow I knew what it was but I went over to the window to check and saw a big-ass mushroom cloud in the distance. My only reaction was "Oh fuck."

Then I actually woke up. I think game mother might have had access to nuclear weapons somehow so the second dream could've been related. Either way they both scared me a bit, doesn't help that I'm easy to scare. On a side note I really didn't expect this to be as long as it is.

You may want to consider avoiding Steam for a few days. Mushroom clouds are not fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:31 am »

Had a dream where I was in a school. School of murder.

I went to a school where the graduation goal was either "kill all of the other students" or "kill enough that we let you graduate." A good amount of the other students were also murdering psychopaths, just I was in this dream, but there were also students who had no idea that they were in extreme danger just walking down the hallway. The teachers on the other hand ranged from "cold professional hitman" to "completely nuts."

While at this school I apparently took a liking to a girl, another student of murder and we started working together and dating. Not that there was really a difference between going on a date and murdering to us. We were probably just a bit over enthusiastic about our objective as I recall happily throwing people off of the tower that was in the middle of the school grounds. Some other murderers tried to ambush us while we were tossing people, but they brought swords they didn't even know how to use against guns that we did know how to use. If that's what it's like to be in love, I think I'm fine without a girlfriend.

Later a group of four non-murderer students dared to torment my beloved psychopath. This naturally didn't end well for them and after shooting them, I woke up. It was a rather bloody dream, odd considering I don't like to see blood in reality.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 10, 2014, 12:29:05 am »

I was dreamnt that I was playing with a teacup dog. It could fit in my hand and was adorable.

One of the few dreams I actually remember after waking up, recently.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 10, 2014, 01:20:50 am »

I had a dream were I got out of bed, put on my glasses, grabbed a sword and went outside. I saw some cats sitting on the porch and started fighting with this guy in my driveway, after a few minutes of splendiferous sword fighting the air began to ball up around us and got intense very quickly I overpowered my opponent and was about to strike him down when I found out he was one of the cats sitting on the porch the entire time! I went over to the porch and pet him and rubbed him and the other cat for a while before waking up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:04 am »

So today I had one of those dreams.
The dreams that I find to be the best thing ever while in them but piss me off to no end when I wake up.

Why?
I dreamt of DF2014 being out....AGAIN. (it still was 0.50, just like the last time (or was it two times?), for all we know it might as well be that)

Although apparently Toady did a pre-release beta of it (remember that I was browsing the forums (on my phone...again) and saw threads mentioning "RC3" (Release Candidate 3), but that kinda thing is not something Toady does, is it), but the new version just came out when I checked it. (and there were less threads about it than I would have expected)

There were other things in that dream, such as me meeting one of my classmates in my town (he doesn't even live there...) or me going through no less than an obstacle course of dead, fallen trees, bushes and what have you, but the DF2014 release was what pissed me off the most when I realized it was just a dream.

Stop teasing me, brain! It hurts! <;'C

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »

Your brain is teasing everyone else, too. :'(

Someday...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

I've mostly forgotten last sleep's dream by now, but I remember something about travelling to this volcanic island with some father-ish figure- I think maybe it was where my character was from? Anyway, there was a school of some kind in this cave/fissure that we intended to visit, but it had been overrun by some weird assortment of humanoid aliens/deep sea creatures, who had killed everyone inside.

Then the dream shifted into some sort of FPS-kinda thing, where we had to clear out aliens from each room.
Last thing I remember was a brief Nature Documentary-esque bit, with a voiceover describing this weird-ass squid thing that went swimming past. I don't know. There was more to the dream earlier on, but I don't remember any of that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 14, 2014, 04:30:25 am »

So I was with two women hiking in the mountains, both of them had a bucket of oil.
We encountered some polar bear corpses and a huge alive polar bear cannibalizing on the others.
The two women suddenly splashed oil on tne polar bear and I light it aflame with a lighter.
Then I woke up.
What does it mean?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:04 am »

I had a dream... which I mostly forgot by now ::)

I was a guy in the office of Ministry of Foreign Relations in Victorian England and somehow I was also responsible for national defense by flying nuclear-powered fighter plane against aliens. I also had to battle zombified citizens that were basically information gatherers for aforementioned aliens.

That plus I've helped uncover an assasination plot against my boss, the entire plot being staged by a duo of visiting Ottoman and US diplomats, but then I found papers that also put my boss into some nasty situation so together with Scotland Yard we had to 'off' them because Scotland Yard in my dreams was apparently mafia police.

So when we got to a very foggy part of the docks, the police chief said 'you're off' and US and Turkish diplomats and my boss fled onto a ship because apparently all this was part of even deeper scheme that involved national security and spying for benefits of Queen herself.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:45 am »

I dreamed I signed up for the Lithuanian Foreign Legion to fight off a Russian invasion after NATO decided to leave the Eastern European states fight for themselves. A couple of firends I made at bootcamp died and I woke up after being shot in the arm, cursing the world government's for bringing me in such a shitty situation.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 14, 2014, 10:47:00 am »

So, I had a really trippy dream last night which I don't remember awfully well; it had something to do with Pokemon Black and White.

So instead I'll tell you about one I remember from a few years ago.

I remember zombies played into it somehow, but they weren't the dream's focus. I was at home when some black muscle car drove up and parked on my lawn. Some guy with a creepy face, cowboy hat, and light brown leather jacket got out of the car with a double-barreled shotgun. I knew for some reason I had to get away from this guy, so I grabbed my best friend and ran away. A little while later the two of us were hiding in a shed in the middle of nowhere when the guy pulled up in his car. He bursts open the door, I scream, I wake up; I presume he shot my friend and I with his massive gun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 15, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »

So I was with two women hiking in the mountains, both of them had a bucket of oil.
We encountered some polar bear corpses and a huge alive polar bear cannibalizing on the others.
The two women suddenly splashed oil on tne polar bear and I light it aflame with a lighter.
Then I woke up.
What does it mean?
It means you hate me.
:D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »

In the latest weird dream, my computer got a virus (I guess?) that put a weird little smiling sun icon in the corner of every webpage, and clicking on it just caused it to move to the other side of the page, and other than that the computer didn't seem to change in any way.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 15, 2014, 07:17:51 pm »

Ah, good old meaningless dreams.

TWELVE YEARS LATER

The US government floods the airwaves with PSM's about how the entire internet has been compromised.
They read:

"Citizens, beware! Do not put any personal information on your computers! All computers have been infected with what has been referred to as the 'Smilesun Virus'! The Smilesun Virus creates a small icon in the corner of a webpage featuring a smiling sun. It siphons all the information off of the computer and, once the transfer is complete, wipes the computer! Repeat, do not put any personal information on your computers whatsoever!

~Uncle Sam"
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 339