Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567400 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1425 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

I had a dream that kept switching between the point of view of Jane Turner from Valkyria Chronicles, and me.

Jane was killing stuff, I wasn't really doing anything. That's all I can remember though, probably because I waited all damn day to type this up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »

I had a dream were I watch Sailor Moon episodes but the plot changed.

Usagi Tsukino was not Sailor Moon, but still looked like her and the glamor thing that stops people making a connection between Sailor and normal work for the actual sailor moon, but not identical stranger Usagi. Thus the show was about a girl trying to have a normal life while everyone was sure she was the hero and making her life hell.

Didn't help in episode 12(dream had title cards) she Charles Atlas Superpower a monster of the week before the sailor scouts arrived with self-defense lessons from last or second last episode to fend off reporters.

This dream seem like perfect fanfic fuel, but I'm not good enough to do anything with it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 16, 2014, 12:56:01 pm »

I had a dream that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was fighting some big evil in a skyscraper.  She was having trouble, so Giles came to help her out and arrived in a Zeppelin!  They raided an armory in the skyscraper for guns.  For some reason every time they were about to bust into a room, Buffy would talk about what a great stock the guns had.

Alarm went off before they fought the big evil.   :-X
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 16, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »

I dreamt that some muscular guy was teaching me how to use CQC, like in Metal Gear.

I feel like this might be a prompt to learn aikido.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 16, 2014, 01:21:34 pm »

I drank a lot of tea in a chair that was floating in whiteness. I was actually comfortable, too.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 17, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »

I had a dream that I was living in a space station, me and my buddy were talking he had just got back from the store with some food. Apparently you could only buy stuff if you were an adult and if you were wearing a suit and a top hat. He had apparently got drunk at some point while shopping. We flew into space and went to earth and I was talking about six rivers and we landed in a river with excessively large crates nearby. I dont know when or how but my dream had a Mexican blood mage in it. :o
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:46 pm »

I had a dream yesterday where some random people broke my legs and used the jagged bone shards protuding from the wounds to open beet bottles. It was wierd.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »

Beet bottles?

Nothin' like good old tasty bottled beets.

EDIT: I HAVE DIBS ON THE SIGGING
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

Goddammit why did I have to mistype so hilariously! :-[

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 17, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

Hey, at least it's not beef bottles.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 17, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

Or bree bottles.

Let's face it, no one wants cheese on their bones.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1436 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:46 pm »

Just had a dream where my room fell into a distance, and I saw nothing more than a fractal with a similar color scheme, and eventually changing over and becoming something like the Electric Sheep screensaver I have. I heard something call out to me, and it was coming from the environment (looking around, the environment kilaedoscoped and contorted into other fractal forms. To prevent dizziness, I just continued looking forward, or until I found a view I liked). Turns out this random girl flew my way and pretty much either tackled me or glomped me in this crazy-ass fractal world. Given how she was moving, she was used to it to the point she found a way to, pretty much, swim through it.

Felt like I reunited with an old friend. I guess you can put it as, have you ever had imaginary friends in the past? Well, in a sense this could explain why this strange girl remembers me, and is greeting me like someone I haven't seen in, I would say, a couple decades. She's a pretty interesting person (and actually pretty, while at it). She has long dark blonde hair, has red and blue eyes (one red, one blue), omnisciently smart (as in, she's beyond oracle-level-all-knowing smart/perceptive.), total smartass, a bit of a layabout, yet when she works, she works; and probably one of the nicest people I've ever known. Given the environment, and the type of person and/or personality they have, I'd say they're equivalent to a god, or at least, something really powerful to the point of 'it would probably be a good idea not to piss them off'. I felt like, if there's some extraordinary way I'm being watched over and protected, thank God I have them on my side.

FAKEEDIT:
Did I somehow run into Yakumo Yukari (And since when does she share a similar role to The Doctor)? Those portal worlds are trippy as hell. I wanna go there again.

EDIT:
Actually, this dream came from a recent nap I took after pulling some long hours of work.

EDIT EDIT:
I just remembered, after discussing some random BS for a few minutes, she has basically given me a heads up that all my patience will be rewarded beyond expectation, and a few other reassuring words of wisdom here and there, as if she's seen the future (probably has, and all permutations of it, and has been helping out by guiding me subtley (other times, more overtly with Deja Vu)), and just wanted me to know to not worry for a good deal of time. Basically, I think I'm exiting whatever low I've been having for however long it's been going on for. For all it's worth, it's something nice to hear.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:42:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 17, 2014, 07:24:15 pm »

I dreamed I was being attacked by giant sparrows. I was in a farm-like place and I had to run from building to building while getting assaulted by giant sparrows. One of them bit my leg eventually, and I fell and got mobbed to dream death by them. Then I woke up. It was exactly as terrifying as it sounds.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1438 on: April 17, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »

I just remembered another awesome dream I had. Basically, after having played plenty of games like Unreal Tournament, Doom, and such. Some ideas mixed with other games and such like AAAaaaAAAaaa!!!!, Mechwarrior, and even Shadow of the Colossus. The name of the game was called Flea.

It was basically deathmatching in mechs or mecha units (from Battletech types to Gundam-style ones, and yes, you can even mod your own in, including a steampunk flea (actually, that was a base character model)). It had an epic physics engine (You really need to be aware of your surroundings at all times to aim properly, and no-less hit your target), and a kickass concept for FPS games of this nature. For a final hint of the levels and how the game plays, you have a creature editor as well (It can procedurally-generate creatures, and come with pre-fabs of already existing creatures).

Yep, the creature editor is your level editor (just one of a multi-part (Gestalt Level Editor probably is a better way to describe it) level editor), just as well as the environment it lives in or is currently hanging out at (yes, even battling on a creature playing fetch with it's master, or a bug crawling up a wall, or a dragon soaring the skies, hell, battle atop a swimming shark). It's Unreal Tournament meets Mechwarrior that's also a colossus climb with Spore as the level editor. Oh, and mind you, gravity options are also available (is the creature the CoG, is it global? Are there global environmental factors going on (is it windy out?)? Is the creature awake or asleep; lively or lazy? When we miss and burn the ground or trees (flesh and hair), how will the environment react? By scratching the itch itself? Or using an environmental object (like a desk) to scratch? The combat environment is ever-evolving.

Let's just say that a battle on top of a scorpion was a bit insane, but battling on top of a housefly was probably one of the trippiest battlegrounds ever, especially with the Fly itself being the CoG. Talk about dizzying. You can even battle on top of Godzilla (insanely hostile environment, not to mention dodging crumbling buildings as it scratches themself with the environment.

Lots of parkour-ish maneuvering, because the level is best to navigate in when you can take advantage of the physics of a dog running, by jumping off the back leg as the leg is moving back forward, and catching the front elbow, just to get that split-second headshot, and then as the dog is in freefall while catching the frisbee (with a redeemer-equivalent prize on it), you can then float towards the main body for safety (feels floaty like AAAaaaAAAaaa!!!), and plan your next moves.

This game will fry old computers, so I think today's 64-bit machines are perfect for a game like it to finally exist. Kinda reminds me of some games my siblings and I used to play back when we were little, and had a trampoline. It was pretty fun. Looking back, I think we had games like Trial Tower and such too, which involved climbing a tower of physical and mental challenges all over the place. Like an FPS version of Warioware, but with challenges that take minutes, not seconds, to play through; and others, you can take your time. I gotta remember some of the games we used to come up with, some would actually make pretty fun arcade games.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:51:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 17, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »

FLEA sounds like the dwarf fortress of mech shooting deathmatch FPSes, in that it'd fry your computer if it had really fancy graphics. Sounds cool though.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 339