Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512617 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #960 on: June 16, 2013, 10:09:39 am »

So, in my dream it was near Christmas. I believe it was Christmas eve. Anyway, Kaijyuu had sent me a PM on the forums about something, and it was a voice-over to the rest of the dream. I got paid $2,000 for some reason, and because of Kaijyuu's PM I decided to buy presents for random people. I knew that Vector also did this, but that she only gave presents to aspiring musician mathematicians. So, I decided to do it. I spent $1,500 in the store, went out in front of a Walmart, and began to play a violin I had purchased. Some people crowded around, and I handed it to one of them, they tried to say something but I woke up.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:08 am »

I had a dream that my mother's cat was talking to me and another cat about science, physics in particular, while we watched a psychedelic pattern wash over her TV. It was one of the more enjoyable dreams I've had recently.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 20, 2013, 05:08:27 am »

I decided, for some reason, that I was going to take a road trip to D.C. or somewhere like that by myself. I got in my car, said goodbye to my friends, and got on the highway heading east.

Things were going very smoothly. I entered a small New England town. Everything was clean, the people were happy, and the restaurants looked pretty good. I pulled my car over on a main street looking road and headed into a little breakfast place.

To my surprise, everyone was pretty excited to see a traveler. There was an old man there, a preacher. He patted me on the back and told me I could have anything on the menu I wanted. I was very happy with their hospitality. I finished the meal and, to my surprise, he took me to a different restaurant and told me to get anything on the menu there.

This repeated a couple times, until I had been at four or so restaurants. At that point I tried to leave.

I don't really remember this part of the dream too well, but I found out that this old guy had gotten the entire town into some cult and they were all following him. They were going to sacrifice me.

I was locked in a room in a little cozy hotel or something. People kept visiting me, and I kept trying to weasel past them and run for my freedom. I got caught and dragged back every time

I escaped once and got out onto a little block of greenery. It was triangular and there were businesses along two of the bordering streets, including the hotel I was trapped in. The third side was a graveyard.

I crouched under a tree and desperately texted my friend my location and told them I was trapped and going to die. I deleted the texts from my phone so nobody here could read them. I got all I could sd one before they found me again. Then I was back in the room.

The hotel owner brought in a nurse this time. The nurse eyed me over and pulled out a needle. Being desperately afraid of needles, I hit full panic mode, to the point where my brain basically thought "GET OUT GET OUT IT'S A DREAM WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP."

Mercifully, I woke up.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 20, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

Had a dream where I was sucked into the Street-Fighter-verse. There is a problem with this: I don't throw fireballs, and can no longer even turn a backflip. My first fight, of course, was with Akuma/Gouki to test my mettle as a fighter. Got my ass handed to me in round one, until I realized that he was only moving in two dimensions. I used my three-dimensionality as a way to quickly dodge a barrage of fireballs, zigzagged through a line of Touhou-esque fireballs, and kicked him in the crotch hard enough to send him to the moon.

Apparently, I was a worthy combatant. There was no round three.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 21, 2013, 01:41:26 am »

Second dream from last night. I almost miss these super vivid dream nights, though I do feel they're a bit less restful.

I was at my parents' house and I was about to head over to my friend's house to play Monster Hunter. I had two forms of transportation available (which I viewed on some sort of inventory screen): a car and a giant robot. It was named something like Imperius.

The robot was the clear choice. I went over to the guy's house and realized I forgot my game. So I got in the car this time and headed back home. I chose a different route that I thought would be faster.

This route took me to the top of a huge hill overlooking the big street near my house (note: this hill does not exist, there is a Kroger there instead). I passed by an apartment building that was at the top of a long, narrow staircase and thought about how much moving in there must suck. I think some of my friends were considering the apartment or something.

I pulled over for some reason and got out of the car. Then I realized my hair was pink and put it up into fluffy pigtails. I wanted to look like Madoka. I'm not sure why.

This caused a guy behind me to think I was impersonating Madoka to trap her friends because I was going to rape them or something. He yelled and I thought he was going to mug me so I jumped in the car and slammed on the gas, speeding down the hill.

The rest of the dream is from the guy's perspective. I got a quick shot of him seeing Sayaka and Kyoko in the back seat, then the car skids down the hill, speed s into the busy street, then dodges around a couple cars before bouncing off one and hiring another.

Then I woke up. A lot of my dreams seem to involve car accidents.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 30, 2013, 11:14:54 pm »

I had an awesome dream this morning. I'm still half asleep but I want to type it out before I forget any more of it.

I was some kind of large, warlike humanoid alien from some other planet, brought somehow to Earth.
I was an avid worshipper of some alien War God, and I quite happily allowed some army of humans to recruit me to help fight their enemies- although I think it was kept mainly a secret that I was an alien.
There were plenty of guns in this war, but also melee weapons. This dream was pretty schizo, I think it jumped back and forth between perspectives, settings and other plot points quite frequently- but I can't remember too much of that.

I just have vague, unsatisfying recollections of my interactions with various human comrades. At one point the human who had been mostly responsible for keeping track of me, like a minder or whatever, was killed in an ambush.
This enraged me and I killed a bunch of the enemies in this large, decrepit warehouse-thing, until coming to a place where too much of the wooden floor had fallen away for me to jump across and get at more of them.
The enemies up ahead hadn't seen me, so I peeked out of cover and managed to kill a couple of them with a silenced pistol.

Apparently the ones I killed were some kind of high-ranked, spiritual leaders/healers/nuns or something? I've no idea, but the enemy was upset when they realised they were dead. Didn't matter to my alien dream self, though, I was just pissed that they killed one of my new friends.

This is one of those dreams where I wish I could remember more, as it was both badass and a fascinating concept. :'(
I vaguely remember trading my weapon for some sort of big spiky warhammer after that battle. And then at one point the dream shifted for a moment into some kind of weird fantasy larp, and then back again. Oh and there were some weird arena training fights, where me and a few others were taken to battle against some guru guy wearing a ccoolie paddy hat. That was fun, from what I remember.

I wish I could remember the earlier parts, where I was first recruited to help these humans, discussing my homeworld and religion and doing my best to keep my origins secret from the rank-and-file. Also I wonder just how a warlike, savage alien-dude like myself got along with all these humans.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 01, 2013, 04:30:35 am »

Not really what this thread is about, but; I don't get how some people find dreams/people telling about dreams boring. I love hearing about dreams because they are superawesome 99% of the time (see, everything above like Yoink). I just suspect these people have the boringest imaginations.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2013, 04:32:34 am »

I dreamt that my nose was made of Germany.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2013, 04:35:43 am »

This is why I love reading this thread.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 01, 2013, 05:03:58 am »

How exactly does having a nose made of Germany work? What does it mean to have a nose made of Germany?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 01, 2013, 11:15:12 am »

How exactly does having a nose made of Germany work? What does it mean to have a nose made of Germany?
The same way having Italy as your shoe works. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 01, 2013, 02:50:41 pm »

The same way having Italy as your shoe works.
I think i actually understand it now. This may be a sign that i lost whatever semblance of sanity i had but i don't give a shit i know how someone's nose can be Germany.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 01, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »

I think it could work, if you were the size of the Earth.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 01, 2013, 03:22:34 pm »

The boring explanation is just that the nose was made of a small part of the land and that there's now a tiny nose-shaped hole in the ground somewhere in Germany.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 01, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »

I had a dream that I was in some house with a few friends. There was a really bad thunderstorm coming, so we ran out of the house into some little shack in the back.

It was an elevated place, around the second floor, though I honestly can't remember ever seeing it from the outside so I'm not sure if it was a treehouse or above a garage or something. Either way, it was really dirty and beat up. To pass the time, we decided to play Super Smash Bros. My friend found his Wii, but couldn't find the game disc (that sentence actually happened earlier that night - yay dreaming of stuff that happened an hour before I went to sleep).

Somehow it was decided that I had to go back to the main house to look for it, so I walked through the rain back into the other house. I didn't find the game.

The events of the rest of the dream are a bit blurry, but I remember being terrified of some dude sneaking around that wanted to kill me. He was kind of invisible or really good at hiding or something, and nobody else believed he was there. Things like books kept moving around and stuff while I wasn't looking at them.

That last part was probably inspired by this episode of the X Files I watched recently. I can already tell that show is going to have a lot of fun consequences in dreamspace.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 339