Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567177 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #930 on: May 10, 2013, 10:39:10 am »

Last night i had a dream. It was probably one of the weirdest dreams ever.

I was in charge of colonizing mars and the rocket ships i made were powered by human urine.

We got to mars and everyone died because of lack of breathable air. then i woke up as i suffocated.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:43 pm »

I was part of a city government, I think. I decided that the solution to crime in the city was to lump every single charge against every single person into one gigantic fine. I don't remember how I dealt with that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #932 on: May 11, 2013, 11:49:58 am »

After intense mental exhaustion I had 18 hours of dreaming.

I don't even know where to begin.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 11, 2013, 04:53:02 pm »

Details are a bit fuzzy, but I was clad in a Nanosuit while driving a Warthog through a horde of what I think were a bunch of elves.  And it was glorious.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:50 pm »

Posting to watch, and also,

Those fucking potatoes.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:21 am »

I don''t remember much from my latest dream, but it had something to do with hovering motor boats and mining minecraft coal along the coasts in Greenland. Naturally the boats were completely bugging/glitching/spazzing out since everything felt very minecraft-y (minus the blocks).

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55:07 am »

Bunch of dreams last night.

Dream A: I think I was Arya Stark from Game of Thrones. I don't know why my mind decides to make me random-ass people that have no relevance to the dream's plot, but it does.

I was off with the wildlings, and their territory consisted of two ruined circular highways. One of them was significantly smaller than the second, and was contained within it. Anyone who lives in a US city with two highways circling it should understand how this is set up (highways that are a 200 number circle your city). Both of the highways were elevated like 3-5 stories above the ground.

I don't really remember the plot of this dream, but at the end I was fighting with one of the wildlings as the highway collapsed. I think I killed him, and the other guy we were with fell off on his own. I made it to safety, then woke up.

Dream B: I don't remember anything about this one except that it was also vaguely Game of Thrones related.

Dream C: I was back at my high school, and it was Christmas! I think the setting here was that I'd come into town for college and was going to dress up as Santa to kick off some Christmas event there.

Pretty early on one of my friends from college (who didn't go to that high school) was there and she made some joke that I didn't get, so she told me she was going to flash the audience sometime during this event. I thought the idea was hilarious, so I pretended I didn't know.

Then the event started on the front steps of the school. I got in full costume, hat and beard and all, and stepped up to the podium. Everyone turned away from me. There was some other dude dressed up as Santa. At first I thought it was the goofy teacher that dresses up for holidays a lot, but that teacher is fat and this guy wasn't. Also, instead of a Santa hat, the dude was wearing a huge pair of antlers made out of pine tree branches.

So this guy took all my thunder and introduced the event. It was way lamer than the version I had planned. The music I had selected wasn't played, and overall this whole thing was way worse and everyone leaves at the end, bored. My friend had no chance to flash anyone, so we decide that the headmaster was at fault here and she flashes his office.

That was the first dream I've had with a flashing subplot.

Dream D: I follow another friend (who did go to this high school) up to the school library. She says something about how she's had trouble with her ADHD recently, and the solution to this is to go back in time and find herself before she was diagnosed with it.

The library doors open and we're in a room full of 8-10 year old children. She goes off and does her own thing, so I decide the best thing to do is fuck with all these past versions of people. I pull one aside and tell her that she's going to have to write all my papers for me. She starts to cry, so I go "Naw, you're too smart for that. Go do something better." She runs off.

I repeat the process with a pair of kids, telling them doing my work would be a waste of their potential. I think my goal was to improve their lives while also pulling one over on them. The dream ended shortly after this.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

I had a dream about a girl I had a crush on in grade school. Which is odd, since I've not actually seen her for three or for years and I've moved on.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 16, 2013, 06:59:09 am »

Pair of hockey-mask'd doctors chased me around some dimly-lit building because they wanted to circumcise me with rusty needles.

Worst nightmare in a while.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 16, 2013, 11:20:04 pm »

Dream of my old school. A-fucking-gain.

This is getting so fucking old that I'm starting to get lucid instantly because I know I keep dreaming about it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 17, 2013, 05:42:52 am »

Dreamed of some weird combination of Das Boot, a Firefly fanfic, Starship Troopers, starcraft, and a few misc things.  First it started out with me being captain of a German submarine who was hunting convoys.  I can't remember how, but eventually some super submarine was able to contact me with a job, whose payment was another job.  I can't remember the first job, but the second one involved raiding a hospital ship for the giant store of video games they had stored in the medicine cabinets.  Afterwards, we came onboard the super sub to sell them the games.  In order to get in, we had to go into the airlock, and wait for the sub to dive.  When the sub was diving, the airlock got half filled with water, which activated it.  All the water got put back out, and we were then allowed in.  Eventually, they betrayed us due to being addicted to betrayal, and we sunk them.  Cue jumping to future sci-fi, where I transferred to the Mobile Infantry who were fighting the Zerg, which were entirely composed of hydralisk and zombie zerglings.  I remember a brief chase to a rendezvous point, where we were intensely arguing about which exit we need to take.   Then, jump forward to Earth, where I find that the zombie zergling infection has completely taken out all continents except North America, and that the only survivors from Asia were a bunch of rich people from Dubai (There was some weird imagery where the entire top half of a tower there broke off and flew to New York).  I was watching a daycare, and a bunch of children were eating a zombie zergling, while the staff watched in horror.  I was praising them, thinking about what awesome mobile infantry they would make.  Then the news came on, talking about what a hero I was for sinking the super sub, which for some reason I was trying to hide.  jump forward to North America being taken over, and the entire population was put into super subs, which were essentially cruise ships somehow adapted for going underwater.  Except they had to use a funnel to push the bridge underwater, since it kept breaking the surface.  We were being chased by an enemy spaceship over some river, and it was too shallow to dive.  They kept firing lasers of death at us, but due to how awesome our captain was we were always under a bridge when that happened.  A few more things happened, and then I woke up.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 18, 2013, 04:39:53 am »

Was terrified shitless by one of the dreams. In it, I think I killed one of my best friends, like, strangled the man and tossed him into the trunk of a car. I'm not entirely sure why I did that, or why most people were eager to help me with it. Not sure what exactly happened afterwards but my mind was increasingly losing its grip on reality as I panicked more and more and finally realized what I'd done. That's when I kinda woke up and started telling myself that it would all be ok and that it was only a dream.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 25, 2013, 03:00:46 pm »

So I had two crazy dreams last night. The first was this one where I was apparently a woman of high birth in colonial America trying to figure out what dress I would wear to my wedding with someone in Europe (I wanted to get the dress together before I set sail)... I don't know where this one came from, it was really kind of weird and out of place from my typical dreams.

Anyway, I woke up from that one in the middle of the night and went to sleep and had a second mathematical dream. In it I apparently got into some kind of argument about these curves I was doodling during a math class. I was trying to find an equation for a graph that matches certain curve, and I was trying to do so with an equation that went something like (sinx)^(xn) where n was some constant. Later on I looked it up online and found out what I actually wanted was to divide it by x rather than take it to an exponent.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 25, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »

Occasionally I have these dreams where I play these incredibly complicated immersive strategy games which are essentially Total War style Dwarf Fortress on steiroids. These things actually leave me mentally fatigued in the morning.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 25, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »

I remember only one discernible thing from my latest dream: I was arguing with Fault on Tumblr about old video games.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 339