Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512634 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #840 on: March 26, 2013, 06:48:34 pm »

I found tunnel under White House and used it to go back to my home, which was literally in an another continent. What.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 26, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »

A bunch of League of Legends characters were fighting in a tree. Tryndamere knocked Garen out of it at some point. I have no clue what was going on here, but apparently Tryndamere's side was doing so well he started to alternate between fighting and cooking bacon.

After the bacon was over, we ate it. Then Joe Biden and his wife drove past and we had a discussion with them. They were dismayed that they had missed the bacon, and I was absolutely pissed that I had missed an opportunity to eat bacon with the vice president and his wife.
Some teams push when they get an ace. This team makes bacon.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 26, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »

Had a long nightmare about having a class schedule that randomly changed times, dates, and locations for meetings. The fuck is this, where did my surreal horror dreams go?
I regularly have a dream in the days leading up to each new school year where I lose my schedule.  Without fail. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 26, 2013, 07:37:04 pm »

Had a long nightmare about having a class schedule that randomly changed times, dates, and locations for meetings. The fuck is this, where did my surreal horror dreams go?
I regularly have a dream in the days leading up to each new school year where I lose my schedule.  Without fail.
This reminded me of an old dream which the school I was in (a high school) was turned into a place where adults torture children for fun. Your mind works funny when you hate schools. Since average students per class was around 50 in my school, we were literally waiting for our turns to be tortured. I don't remember how torture was actually carried out but it involved chains, a cage, and nothing kinky. I also remember running away from that place with a couple of classmates.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Had a dream that I met this girl in a shopping centre. We talked, she put her hand in mine and wanted to ask about 'polytheism', to which I responded that I didn't know very much about it, then we walked.

Dream ended.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 28, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

Had a crazy dream last night.

Basically there was this fantasy world under attack by an undead army, and in it there was this elfish nation, except they weren't really classical elves so much as elves that lived in a weird utopian society and engaged in a lot of magical body modification. They were ruled by a council of seven that only made decisions by a 6/7ths supermajority, which meant they never got anything done and were paralysed by indecision.

Anyway, so there's this one kid (who was only a child by elf standards), who went to the book of life, which was the name for this magical living book that sort of acted as a consititution and a bible for their society, containing various legends and some prophecies and a bunch of rules. Anyway, he basically magically glues some pages in there that say that in this dark time, the youngest elf able to sit the council should become a king for all of them.

So since this has some historical precedent with the book growing new pages at certain points in time, some of them believe this is real, and those that don't just want their little nation to get it's shit together before they're being chewed on by mummies and zombies, so they agree to go along with this anyway.

So the child king's first thing is to declare a new currency, the oranj, with a J to distinguish it from the fruit, also, it uses the "ii" thing for plural so you'd say five oranjii. Which leads to this conversation with a council member:
"But we already have an official currency, nobody here uses it, but it was mandated by the economic alliance we're in, they declared all member nations must have a currency."
"Does it say anything about them having two?"
"Well... no, but no nation has two because-"
"Well we can be the first to have two."

Then there's some other stuff, like how the king declares that there should be a draft, then the councilors tried to explain that the wording of the draft conflicted with the established legal wording because it indicated all elves should be drafted, but since the elven life cycle often ends with them deciding to "return to the earth" by becoming rock or earth, or merging with a tree (which is what gives their trees their degree of sentience and mobility). They've got a huge statue garden full of statues that actually were the people they're statues of.

But the kid's just like "so let the rocks and the trees be our soldiers and whatever"...

I don't think the dream actually ended, I think from there it basically turned into some kind of RTS game... then I woke up before it concluded.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:42 am »

-dream-

I would kinda play a game based on that. Or read a book or something :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 28, 2013, 12:01:36 pm »

Sort of my thoughts too.

Every once in a while my subconscious does churn out something pretty epic in my dreams.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 28, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

i had a dream in which i fell asleep and then i woke up and forgot my dream.

then i woke up and remembered that i dreamt a dream about not dreaming.
this was last nights dream. im an odd person

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2013, 01:49:23 pm »

My dreams are always just nonsenical. You guys have all the fun.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:57 pm »

My dreams are always just nonsenical. You guys have all the fun.
nonsensical dreams are the best though. if you can remember it

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 28, 2013, 02:13:26 pm »

Oh, here's one.

There were these random people over at my house. A whole family, IIRC. Anyway, being as social as I always I go up to my room. Some girl is sitting on my bed. Understandably excited I go say hello. Then my mom comes out of her room, sees are and screams at her to get out, so she leaves. Oddly enough my mom never yells at me. I go downstairs and out the front door to try and talk to her. Once outside some guy attacks me with a knife. I pull out my jacknife and we have a knife fight. Only some other guy is standing 20 feet away throwing knives at the two of us, one of them hits me in the back but does little damage. I eventually stab the first guy in the gut and get up to go after knife throwing guy. He runs away and then I wake up.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:08 pm »

Goddamnit,  this morning I've had about 5 lucid dreams. How the fuck am I supposed to write all these shit down?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 28, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »

Wanna know what I hate? When a dream refers to a past dream, but you're not actually sure whether you had that dream before or it's a dream your current dream came up with and told you you had.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 29, 2013, 12:12:02 am »

Please don't pluck the low-hanging fruit, anyone.

Has anyone else found that eating green bell pepper results in a higher-than-normal chance of strange dreams? Not sure if it's just confirmation bias or what.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 339