Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567203 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #870 on: April 05, 2013, 02:40:03 am »

My dad's former workplace (which is abandoned in real life) was turned into a summer camp for children. It consisted of  several small longhouses built across the overgrown industrial compound in the middle of the city. I was loitering around as my 8-year old self. That's all I can remember.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:41:59 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:31 am »

So, I had a rather lengthy dream. It took place in a seaside fishing town with a waning tourism industry. There were several groups of characters, including a trio of young women staying in a boarding house on the beach over their vacation; a wily madman and his friend, who captains a fishing boat; a reporter who has history with the madman, as well as the foreman of a fishery who he has contacted. The ladies have noticed strange sounds coming from the ocean at night. The madman has convinced his friend to take him to an island a little ways offshore to recover his father's journal, and they end up having to fight their way through a nest of abnormally large rats with gills and fins. The reporter has discovered that lately all of the boats have been bringing in mostly spoiled fish and shells.

The women and the reporter meet, and the latter mentions the last time he visited the town, when he interviewed the madman about the death of the latter's father. The four of them go to the madman's house to investigate and discover the madman's father's workshop in the dilapidated basement, which is full of frantic, scrawled notes and sketches of dragons. The madman and the captain return to the former's house and discover the quartet investigating the basement. After a confrontation, it comes out that the madman's father was compiling information about a cult attempting to summon dragons in order to add their power to a ritual intended to summon their master. The madman read too much, but managed to destroy some of the information and stop the first attempt, but the cult has found his father's journal and are attempting the summoning again.

That's right, I dreamed the opening stages of a Call of Cthulhu campaign in which Cthulhu and Alduin are best bros.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 10, 2013, 10:48:45 am »

You GM, I'll be there at 9pm with a huge pizza and a six pack.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:55 am »

This was a few nights ago, so I only have a vague memory of it, but here goes:

I was standing on stage, trying to play my guitar in front of a crowd. I was failing miserably, because what I was actually doing was two things, a) trying to play a song, and b) using my guitar as a cheese grater. So, I was trying to play something with a block of cheese that I slowly sliced into pieces using the strings of my guitar. Suddenly, I hear someone yell at me and start cussing me out for not going fast enough. Then, I hear a blistering solo and smell melted cheddar. The lights go up across the stage, and there is Dave Mustaine, shredding both literally and figuratively.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 10, 2013, 11:35:51 am »

What the hell is wrong with your dreams?

I can tell the infulences (you were dreaming about that weird discussion about cheese graters on one of the other threads0 but they still make zero sense.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

What the hell is wrong with your dreams?

I can tell the infulences (you were dreaming about that weird discussion about cheese graters on one of the other threads0 but they still make zero sense.
I'm pretty sure it's self one-ups-manship. I'm a lucid dreamer, but sometimes my brain goes "Oh yeah? Deal with this, fucker!" and throws me into a weird situation. As I try to power my way out, the situations get more and more bizarre until I'm standing in a painting that looks like a Munch painting seduced Salvador Dali's mustache.

What complicates things is that I'm batshit insane.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:16 am »

I was in some sort of Resident Evil situation, except there was a woman with me, who my mind can only describe as 'Female Boba Fett'. She was utterly untrustworthy, but at the same time, we had to trust each other because monsters and bad guys and environmental hazards, oh my. We went through all these strange, neo-futuristic laboratories and facilities, fighting this stuff, me constantly trying to keep an eye on her in case she decided to backstab me.

At the end of the dream, we were standing on one of those moving sidewalks, and she said something under her breathe that I strongly suspect was something I would have enjoyed hearing. I asked her what she said, and she refused to tell me. Then, I put my hand on her cheek and asked again, and woke up.

Also, did I mention she was the most beautiful human being I've ever seen, awake or not?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 10, 2013, 03:23:44 pm »

My memory of the dream I had is a bit disjointed, but this is what I remember:

It starts out in a Lone Survivor sort of setting. Well, kind of. Somewhere in the beginning there was some sort of thing from Lone Survivor but I can't remember what. Possibly a song. Me and possibly some others were going about a town with monsters lurking out of sight.

Eventually, we reach a lone house, with an electric outlining and appliances, apparently powered by a crab... Me and my mother, alone, decide to take a rest there. Suddenly the area begins flooding for some reason, but it is of minor concern. Some time later my 5th auntie (on my mother's side of the family) comes along and rests there with us.

It then becomes morning, we hear of survivors trying to escape to somewhere. Well, me and my mother (but not my auntie) go along the road they're going (but not in a vehicle)--the road is packed with cars with people in them--until we eventually reach a roadblock. Some guys blocked off a crack in the road, which was all the way from the top to the bottom of the mountain which was the size of a car, apparently made by seismic activities. I, being a nitpicker and I guess you would say "skeptic" by heart, knew this was way too inconvenient to be just the earth doing this... I suspected some presence wanted us not to leave. Still, not much I can do. But I still try to argue with the men to at least let people try to jump the gap--at least it's better than being left with the monsters in the night--but they refuse.

We go back to town, and begin scavenging. We arrive in an apartment block and trigger an alarm. Frightened that we might attract monsters, we go down the basement until we eventually reach a room with a woman. She tells her chihuahua to get up. Which also had a pillow just like the actual dog right next to it. We tell her about the bridge after she mentions she doesn't want to be late. Then a bunch of living people come down to the room with us. Somehow, possibly with the help of someone else (can't remember), we make our way through the people.

It's this point where the dream takes a little break and becomes a sort of advertizement for some sort of never-offline internet generator.

Moving back to the actual dream, me and my mother make it outside and it's dusk. We begin making our way back, going through a wooden structure similar to that in our front yard in real life. Except, where our house in real life should be there's the apartment and town. We go through, and meet auntie, who we tell to go back after she was coming out. We go through a small amount of woods before we reach the house, in a giant open lawn to the right. One that doesn't exist in real life. We go in and I check the "video time" and realize it's 2 hours out of 6. Of a "2-part book", and we're on the second part. I was worried at this.

Eventually, when we got back, for some reason the dream and I became obsessed at me protecting auntie while she repairs something in the back of the house outside. This goes on a little bit until I wake up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:39:45 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 11, 2013, 01:17:01 pm »

Strangely, on top of the usual "this shouldn't be happening, that's dream-discontinuity" semi-lucid awareness, I was also apparently stuck in a bad studio production of a sit-com, last night.  (Actually, three nights ago, I think.  It's taken a while to remember to post this.)

It got set up with a long, convoluted plot whereby I (in whatever character I was at the time) suggestesd to a fledgling (Victorian-era) newspaper proprieter that he could get more and more news/information by plagiarising other sources.  Namely the internet.  But that this should be done with explicit  quoting, so that it was actual references and thus not scandalously plagiaristic.  "According to 'mb3546732@yahoo.com', the way to deal with red wine carpet stains is...", in the advice column, and that sort of thing.

It quickly turns out to be done to excess, making the (no longer Victorian-looking) publication looking like Yahoo Answers on steroids, crossed with a Twitter feed.  And now the Authorities are interested, and the dream setting gets all the impression of a sit-com.

The proprieter has an entire mis-fit family and set of hanger-onerers.  Various silly things happen like the maid (a sari-clad indian (sub-continent) lady) finds her bunk-bed filled with food, due to a mix-up with the the dolt of a son...  And everyone's supposed to be on House Arrest, I think...

However, the daughter gets out to the supermarket.  Coming out, the sirens of a passing police-car cause her to flinch, but she's accompanied by a whole set of Amish/brotherhood-ish bretheren, who apparently consider her important.  They're also not supposed to be seen by the police (for some reason), but by stringing out and acting en-mass they run interference so that the daughter can avoid the unwanted attentions.

This doesn't stop a passing vagabond from knocking into her and stealing her groceries, though.  One of the bretheren, a hot-headed young lad with a numeric name (I think they all have numeric names, all three digits, and his is surprising close to the number they give the daughter herself) chases after the miscreant.

Then 'we' (most of the characters apparently not involved in action elsewhere) adjourn to the curbside opposite where the action had just taken, and we wait... and wait...  Pinteresque to the extreme.  I explicitly dream the waiting expectations and experience extreme tedium.  We eventually start discussing amongs ourselves (me and those standing with me) what would be the way that the Amish lad with the recovered groceries will return by.  Common consensus is that gallopping back on a horse would be dramatic (and poetic) enough.  (Thus, to meta-analyse, it's obvious that I've not run out of dream-progression ideas... I'm deliberately pausing.)

Then a car comes screaming round the corner and crashes up against the curb-stone.  There's an angry man in it.  I leap on the bonnet(/hood) in an intimidatory way and then the... car dissappears.  There's bits of debris left, and I'm back on the curb.  Someone next to me opines that it's a necessary 'cut' to make the show (that, by common consenses, we are playing in) fit into the time constraints.  I can't understand why they didn't edit out some of the waiting bit, instead of remove a whole plot-point with a large visible discontinuity.

Other vehicles arrive and do things, I think, with (previously non-present) members of the cast on them.  But the next memorable one is the Hippy-couple's green-fuelled car-cum-narrowboat vehicle, which emerges from the junction and then heads up the road.  But while we're still stood stationary, the stretch of road the Hippy-mobile drives along is always just fifty yards away, even as the road twists and turns.  Bad screen editing.  Also, I note, that the rear indicators of the trailer (a bit of the vehicle that was originally part of the vehicle, I also note) are obviously not wired up to the front ones.  Which annoys me.  Someone (either myself, dreaming, or the production crew that set up the shoot) obviously didn't think to wire up the connections.  I get a bit OCD over that fact.  And I don't even know who it is I should be blaming.

I think I woke up after that.  All remaining questions and issues unresolved, of course.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 13, 2013, 12:55:16 am »

Tarran, did you watch "silent hill" or something?
Up untill the internet advertisement...
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 13, 2013, 01:39:58 am »

Not even nearly recently. I MIGHT have watched the first movie a LONG time ago, and a long time ago I definitely watched a few LPs of the games, but nothing recently.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 13, 2013, 06:42:23 am »

Setting: Medieval with some advancements (guns, cars, a few more I don't remember...).

Me and my 5 childhood friends (in-universe, they don't exist in the real life) are summoned by the Baron. I think I was the one who was summoned but since we are all best friends, we decide to go together. We meet up and realize that we are being late. We start running to the castle. We make it to the castle, but the castle is incredibly huge. We keep running inside the castle to Baron's chamber for a few minutes. The castle just keep going on and on. While we are running, this music plays on the background. We go through endless corridors and that music just makes me go faster. After we arrive, Baron gives us a few chairs and asks us to sit and we do so. The music ends here.

We make some small talk. Baron kinda reminds me of Strahd von Zarovich the way he talks and acts. Me and my friends all know that Baron loves proverbs and poetry so we all try to recite poetry and use proverbs while talking to appeal to the Baron. I don't remember exactly what we say but Baron goes all "Ah, that's an excellent proverb. That reminds me, there is an Arabian proverb..." and after he tells us the proverb he silently expects us to know that proverb and react to it. So we all go like "Oh, I know that one" and "That's my favorite". I decide to say another proverb that's similar (I don't remember again) but the Baron doesn't like it and says "That's a Buddhist proverb. Mine was Arabic." and I say "Er, yes. But they are still similar." Baron seems displeased and my friends give me a "Dude! Don't screw this up" look.

After a while, I find myself in another room in the castle. Baron has asked us to join the Olympics (...yeah, I know) on his behalf. We all gather together and think about our abilities. The bald and bearded one (they are my childhood friends but I don't know their names) says that he is good at running. The big one says he is good at wrestling. I say I'm not good at any sports and that I'm only good at literature. My friends say that Olympics has some kind of a quiz section about literature going on too. So we decide to enlist me to that quiz show, or whatever it is. After we all decide, we all put our hands on top of each other and we all shout a big "ROAR!" which sounds like a lion.

After some talking, we decide to go to the place where Olympics are taking place. We find a car and get in (kinda cramped with 6 dudes together) and take the highway (the setting is still medieval). After some time, weather starts to go bad. A storm cloud is behind us and it's closing down fast. It's almost like chasing us. The guy who is driving says that if the storm cloud chases us, we are as good as dead. That's when I wake up.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:49:57 am by Leatra »

Thebestidentity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:29 am »

I had a dream today. It is actually like most of my dreams but I can't remember a lot of them. I was in some video game. It was two dimensional and there was a door in the center of the room. Pokemon-like monsters were around me and were apparently my allies. I waited, wondering if something would happen. Then enemies that were also like pokemon started coming out of the wall. They killed a few of my allies and I entered the door to escape. When I exited, I was being attacked by a giant robot thing. I ran and jumped away. It was actually 3-D now also. I escaped, and game became a stealth mission. There were now two robots, one red named jack, and a blue one with a name also from card games that I can't remember. There was a sort of small maze that had walls taller than the robots that I could get onto. There was a clearing to the right, which I went to. Several smaller enemies were there. Somehow I realized that I had to absorb a green one to open a door. I absorbed it and went to the wrong place at first. A map was provided and I could see where I needed to go. The power must have run out because I had to absorb another enemy. When I went back, a third, white robot named Dr. Face entered. He didn't see me and went back to the small maze. I went to the door I needed to exit to use the powers i got (I didn't know what thery did but they were called camera) to leave, when I heard pawing. In real life it was my dog clawing at the door to get in, but in the dream it was because my dog was locked in a room nearby. I promised myself I would come back and open the door when I had gone further. When I used the exit I woke up.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 14, 2013, 02:35:41 am »

Well, last night was a doozey.  Full of various scenarios that seemed to be specifically aimed at demonstrating key aspects of my psychology (and, typically, failings).  Which I still considered writing in with.  But as I tried to mentally recap the marathon session (a dozen or more different 'acts', that I could pick up) I dozed off again and ended up re-running everything I could remember in a "What if?" manner, and now both 'realities' have been merged together (at first) and now largely evaporated beyond use.

And I bet I learn nothing from the experience (except what I already know about myself, which is enough to be starting with).  Aw well.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 14, 2013, 03:01:32 am »

I was inside, snow was falling lightly outside. The wind picked up, and my mother mentioned that I should probably go back to my house, just in case of a tornado. (I live in a small cabin about 300 feet away, BTW) I went to put on a coat, but decided against it. The minute I stepped outside the wind picked up even more, and it began to drizzle slightly in the snow. Suddenly, as I got half way to my house, rain hit me on the head. It was so cold, I could feel my skull shrinking. I fell over from the pain and shock, and a gust of wind blew me down the rest of the way. Thunder cracked loudly. A bolt of lightning hit about 50 feet away, and I could feel it over my skin. I tried to get up, but the combined cold of the rain and force of the wind kept me down. Another few bolts of lightning struck, and finally one hit my house. It electrified the entire thing, sending bolts out a couple feet at every angle. I woke up.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 339