Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512714 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #615 on: December 16, 2012, 02:18:40 pm »

For me it's really weird that some of you have so complex plots on your dreams.

My dreams tend to be me wondering around some place that might or might not exist and observing things happening around there. Me or anyone else on my dreams barely ever talk and there certainly aren't any coherent storylines. Transitions between places are instant but never jarring. During the dream it seems just natural that I teleported to a completely different situation. Settings on my dreams are generally also pretty mundane, although I can recall plenty of exceptions for that.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 16, 2012, 02:22:36 pm »

I wonder if I can make myself dream about a specific thing by really wanting too? I mean, I've been wanting to play Minecraft for a long time and you know how that last dream started.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 16, 2012, 02:39:15 pm »

Best dream is presumably the one you have just before you due.
Because huge rush of brain drugs all at once. That's got to be pretty damn amazing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 16, 2012, 02:39:54 pm »

-snip-
Apparently you have a great imagination, live an interesting life or have a great imagination and live an interesting life at the same time! That's great! (for you :()

I've dreamed about two things today: about playing a strange version of GTA San Andreas (which was different from the real-life game: this one was more arcade-y and looked like a GTA 2 remake) and about seeing a news report about the classified information revealing the location of secret US underground bunkers beneath the Korean Demilitarized Zone being leaked to Iranian mass media.
My dreams are very dull.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #619 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

Well, I hope my dreams and insight can inspire and help everyone else out with their dreaming and etc.

What gets really insane is that, in a sense, I actually understand what Professor Farnsworth means about how he gets his invention ideas and such from his dreams. I mean, I came up with a design for an airship the size of a battleship that can freaking power-slide in mid-air, to get a better angle with a fixed-beam primary weapon, and keep it locked onto it's target while flying at high speeds (with kinaesthetic/lucid dreaming, that gets really fun to ride; I play some Dukes of Hazzard for my crew when we start doing crazy maneuvers with the thing like that). All of it can be built with today's technology, and some from roughly 100 years from now. How it can fly utilizes a deeper understanding of Crystal and Lode-bearing technology (essentially, rock and supernatural technology, equivalent to magic; some of the computers are even psychic machines, in which you must have esper quality to operate them equivalent to today's computers; crystal ball? More like a crystal solid-state CPU with quantum-processing capabilities (Crystal skulls are more like complete crystaline computers, must be like an archmage to operate something so utterly complex and powerful); and that's just to operate the warp technology, the 4-dμ (or 4-dmu (4-dimensional manipulator unit; cuts through our current space/time)); still working on ideas of how to make a 7-dμ (bypasses all spaces and times and space/times within them) work, and even upgrade that to an 11-dμ (anything else below that level; all probabilities and so forth); may require supernatural minerals like Deus-cite (God Mineral/metal) (cuts through adamantium like it's warm butter; can cut to quantum levels, and dense enough to have Schröedinger immunity and withstand anti-probability attacks) to harness such power.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:40:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:53 pm »

For me it's really weird that some of you have so complex plots on your dreams.

I wouldn't call mine 'plots', but complex, yes.  Which makes recounting them difficult.  There's trying to connect the (perhaps not-intended-to-be) various elements together into a narrative, but also the difficulty of even remembering the bits.

Some of the elements are frequent re-occurers, in one form or another. They're easy to remember (and, when remembered, remember the context of).  But the other night I had a dream where periodically I'd get a weird 'jingle' (for the BBC, in the style of a 1940s 'jolly posh people song', for want of a better description) playing itself over the action.  It was nothing like any actual jingle that I can recall from RL and it seemed intrinsic to the situation... but why?

Last night (I think, if it wasn't the night before) I had a dream where there were four artists (I think, that included myself) in a house, and I was apparently annoying one of them.  The elderly lady who lived in the upstairs flat had to go in and out of a door that I also used, but kept locking behind me, locking her in/out, respectively.  (Actually, it turned out that she was more peeved at me being an artist who wanted to be arty.  When I revealed that I'd rather just see what everyone else 'artified', she was much happier.  And didn't even mention the locked door situation.)  But there's so many other details to the dream that I can't recall that could perhaps be much more important in either entertainment or interpretation terms.  (Depending on what you look for.)

And I had told myself I wouldn't post such long rambling dream descriptions, any more (there's more than enough other stories going on here, and I'm not sure I'm adding much), but looks like I broke my own embargo, just there. ;)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 16, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »

What gets really insane is that, in a sense, I actually understand what Professor Farnsworth means about how he gets his invention ideas and such from his dreams. I mean, I came up with a design for an airship the size of a battleship that can freaking power-slide in mid-air, to get a better angle with a fixed-beam primary weapon, and keep it locked onto it's target while flying at high speeds (with kinaesthetic/lucid dreaming, that gets really fun to ride; I play some Dukes of Hazzard for my crew when we start doing crazy maneuvers with the thing like that). All of it can be built with today's technology, and some from roughly 100 years from now. How it can fly utilizes a deeper understanding of Crystal and Lode-bearing technology (essentially, rock and supernatural technology, equivalent to magic; some of the computers are even psychic machines, in which you must have esper quality to operate them equivalent to today's computers; crystal ball? More like a crystal solid-state CPU with quantum-processing capabilities (Crystal skulls are more like complete crystaline computers, must be like an archmage to operate something so utterly complex and powerful); and that's just to operate the warp technology, the 4-dμ (or 4-dmu (4-dimensional manipulator unit)); still working on ideas of how to make a 7-dμ work, and even upgrade that to an 11-dμ; may require supernatural minerals like Deus-cite (God Mineral/metal) (cuts through adamantium like it's warm butter; can cut to quantum levels, and dense enough to have Schröedinger immunity and withstand anti-probability attacks) to harness such power.

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #622 on: December 16, 2012, 03:41:53 pm »

What gets really insane is that, in a sense, I actually understand what Professor Farnsworth means about how he gets his invention ideas and such from his dreams. I mean, I came up with a design for an airship the size of a battleship that can freaking power-slide in mid-air, to get a better angle with a fixed-beam primary weapon, and keep it locked onto it's target while flying at high speeds (with kinaesthetic/lucid dreaming, that gets really fun to ride; I play some Dukes of Hazzard for my crew when we start doing crazy maneuvers with the thing like that). All of it can be built with today's technology, and some from roughly 100 years from now. How it can fly utilizes a deeper understanding of Crystal and Lode-bearing technology (essentially, rock and supernatural technology, equivalent to magic; some of the computers are even psychic machines, in which you must have esper quality to operate them equivalent to today's computers; crystal ball? More like a crystal solid-state CPU with quantum-processing capabilities (Crystal skulls are more like complete crystaline computers, must be like an archmage to operate something so utterly complex and powerful); and that's just to operate the warp technology, the 4-dμ (or 4-dmu (4-dimensional manipulator unit)); still working on ideas of how to make a 7-dμ work, and even upgrade that to an 11-dμ; may require supernatural minerals like Deus-cite (God Mineral/metal) (cuts through adamantium like it's warm butter; can cut to quantum levels, and dense enough to have Schröedinger immunity and withstand anti-probability attacks) to harness such power.
??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Even I don't quite understand it all myself; but it's crazy-advanced, to the point magic actually makes sense as a form of technology and science in itself (essentially magitek). To-o-o-ons of technobabble like that is to be expected. Kinda helps to watch the 2nd season of Gurern Lagaan to understand it a bit more (similar technobabble is used in certain situations).

EDIT:
Come and think of it; regarding the image response, I could have been a Time Lord in a past life.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:45:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:18 am »

I had a nightmare that the black kid I punched back in Kindergarten shot me and left me to bleed out in a girls' locker room. I've also had a few flashbacks recently but then again I don't think the stuff that is caused by the physical, mental, emotional, psychological and sexual abuse I dealt with goes in a dream thread.

It goes in a journal that I then present to a therapist so I can get some counseling. Either way I have more nightmares when I have flashbacks - and one of my roommates is getting very sexual with his computer. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry and hug my Mr. Wrinkles plush.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 17, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

No dreams again last night of any kind. Girlfriend's bed again. There seems to be a connection here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 17, 2012, 12:03:28 pm »

My dream today:

Turkey conquered much of Middle East, including Israel. US shook fist at them at UN meeting, Turkey's official response was 'fuck you', and 3rd World War started.

That's all I really remember about it. Woke up as amused as I was worried.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »

I don't remember much of today's dream except that it was set in a desert, and this song was playing during it.

My dream today:
Turkey conquered much of Middle East, including Israel. US shook fist at them at UN meeting, Turkey's official response was 'fuck you', and 3rd World War started.
That's all I really remember about it. Woke up as amused as I was worried.
What side did the Russians take?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:56:04 pm by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »

Ehhh. I don't think Russians did anything at all.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:43 pm »

It snowed, school was cancelled.

Then I woke up.
WHY? WHY CAN'T THESE DREAMS BE REEEEAL?!?!?!
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »

I remember sitting on my computer one night, when a sudden realization came to me that tomorrow was school day and it was freakin' late. I grabbed my phone to see what time it is (dunno why I didn't just look it at the computer) and woke up. Had to check whether the computer was still on, because I still heard it's humming. It was generally pretty weird... Was long ago though.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 339