Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 571159 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3495 on: March 20, 2017, 07:44:28 pm »

Sorry about greentext but I wrote it out on dfg first time and my 'c' key is bugging out for some reason so copy-pasting it (and the two previous c's) is just easier.
>be asleep
>weird dream with a pothead friend of mine who died in a car crash like ten years ago
>we're playing basketball or something
>but sometimes stoners get like unstuck from gravity and float around a few feet above the ground
>notice some sycamore seeds falling and head over to ponder a solution to this
>he joins me
>suggest that we should head back where we were going
>he agrees
>say that sometimes the woods can be dangerous too
>he laughs
>says "help, I'm a damsel in distress" and starts jogging
>jog after him
>say 'you're right, I'm a woodsman... NO FUCK IT I'M AN AXE MURDERER!'
>he shrieks and takes off running
>start chasing
>notice I'm carrying a box of baking soda
>point out how weird this is to him as we run
>he thinks about it for a second
>shouts "ANYBODY NEED SOME SODIUM BICARBONATE?"
>slide to a stop laughing
>fall over laughing
>wake up laughing and crying and snorting

Dream exploration in df when, Toady?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3496 on: March 26, 2017, 05:05:59 am »

I was a Kobold out about at night with a copper dagger and a reanimated skeleton for a friend. Sadly the skeleton barely tolerated my company, thus much of the initial journey to wherever the skeleton was going was spent fleeing, as the skeleton menacingly drove towards me atop a farming tractor. At last we reached the foot of a hill which three humans were encamped upon above, I fled around the base of the hill (expecting the skeleton to still be chasing me on its tractor) before clawing my way up the hill by hand and foot. Upon reaching the top the three humans let out a surprised gasp and tried to poke me with a pitchfork and spear respectively, thus they did not notice the skeleton driving its tractor up the hill steps until it was too late. The skeleton grabbed the spear and threw it off a hill, it then punched the human with the pitchfork until it dropped it. The skeleton then began this rather sad backstory detailing how it was a vengeful spirit that had been reanimated because they were murdered by one of the three humans there (one woman, two men) and the murderer had collaborated with none other than his wife. Things looked like they were going to end in vengeance by Mr. Bones, but unexpectedly the skeleton told them it no longer sought vengeance, and merely wanted to check on how his unborn child was doing. Despite the forgiving sentiment, the humans were still freaked out by the vengeful skeleton. The one who murdered it in life attacked the skeleton again, with a sword that looked like a khopesh, the skeleton knocked him flat down the side of the hill (but he did not fall all the way down. With my Kobold senses I could tell there were worse and more dangerous things lurking in the forest around the hill). The skeleton then brandished a knife with which to kill the downed human, to which the other human responded 'you can't kill him.'
'It would be rude to incinerate a man while he lives.' Mr Skeleton responded, intending to burn the body, presumably so his vengeful spirit does not try to start a blood feud that lasts beyond death. Unexpectedly the fallen human arose and tackled the skeleton, at which point the second man grabbed his pitchfork and rushed me, both of us tumbling to the base of the hill. Kobold and peasant fought fiercely, tooth and nail, dagger and pitchfork, with Kobold unexpectedly gaining the upper hand by poking the human's own foot with his own pitchfork. Being at the foot of the hill, the Kobold realized he was in danger - a werewolf attacked them both, with the Kobold fleeing up the hill, climbing with handfulls of grass and dirt. Presumably the human left behind was eaten, but the Kobold made it to safety at the top (though I did get awkwardly stuck in the gap of a fence that took a few minutes to squeeze myself through). Seeing the skeleton was a sore sight for Kobold eyes, as though the Kobold could not fight fearsome creatures of the forest, the skeleton could - it was then that as the skeleton turned to see the Kobold, the skeleton was attacked by the werewolf. The kobold fled screaming down the hill

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 26, 2017, 05:24:18 am »

Weird dream in which nonhumans, or some kind of foreign power, we never directly encountered them, launched an attack on the earth.

I was walking in the hills at the time with my family. Something weird happened, we felt strange for a bit, and our phones stopped working, etc. Nothing felt normal.

When we went down to a road, the nature of the attack became apparent. Some sort of weapon had ben used such that you could only understand people near to you at the time of the attack. Words and gestures used by other people just sounded unpleasant and frightening, with no content. We couldn't even lip-read, their mouths moved in a disjointed and unsettling way. Graffiti was entirely obscure, just unintelligible symbols. I could only communicate with the group of people I was with, nobody else.

This form of attack would divide us and weaken us totally while still keeping most of us physically intact.

It was frightening, sci-fi, and I now realise a bit biblical.
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:33 am »

I had a dream about eating burritos doing dips off the concrete stairs in the back off the grocer I bought it from.  we stuffed them for 4$ each.

very odd.  a female started coming by at the end trying to get me to eat and do dips at a place downtown instead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 29, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »

I’m honestly not sure if this one counts, but it’s too freaky not to add. I was lying in bed, trying to get to sleep, when I roll over and look at the floor of my room to see that a box I never even knew I had suddenly unfold itself like some kind of mechanized flying fox. (which is a very large breed of bat, look it up.) It reared its freaky accordion-like head at me, then started folding itself back up, more slowly than it had opened. I treated it as one of my night terrors, closing and opening my eyes and reassuring myself that it wasn’t real as I did so. This had no effect, and every time I opened my eyes I just saw the weird box thing still in the process of folding itself back up, never becoming any less distinguished among the rest of the junk on the floor on my room. I wasn’t dreaming, my thoughts were too clear and the world was too vivid. That creature especially was too vivid to be a dream. After this thought process, the box had fully re-folded itself, and I went to turn on the light and assess the situation. By that time, I could no longer pick out the box from among my belongings. To reiterate, I wasn’t dreaming. This was clearer than any dream I’ve ever had, and I was most certainly awake when I jolted up in my bed at the sight of it. At this point, my conclusion is that I hallucinated it, which on a quiet night in the dark is not a terribly uncommon thing for me, (the previously mentioned “night terrors” are these) but it was a far more persistent hallucination than I have ever had before in my life. The entire thing just seemed so real… It was freaky.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 01, 2017, 01:31:11 am »

Oh my, that was some weird crap. My dream involved Trump who mind-controlled local 5-stars restaurant-hotel, very fat ballerinas, something about Canada, Descan (only mentioned, though), and a chase scene. I don't remember too much, but here's what I remember:

- There was a mention that USA and Canada were at war with each other. Canada was losing very fast but won thanks to Descan ascending as a God of Memes, Canadians and Intensifying. Descan Church was founded.
- Donald Trump was visiting local 5-star restaurant-hotel and mind-controlling it via weird, sonic waves device. I didn't notice that he was mind-controlling it, 'till I started to notice that there was less and less personal. I found a pile of corpses in Trump's room, they were without any bones or organs! I also lockpicked his desk, which had the device in it, and cracked it in half. Then I went to Floor 1 and saw a that everybody went crazy, expect Trump. There were five very fat ballerinas who danced like crazy, while everybody was fighting each other.
- After that, two helicopters started to strike this place. I ran outside to my car and started driving away. After I started driving, helicopters stopped attacking the restaurant and went for me instead. The dream ended in the middle of the chase.

Duh End!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 01, 2017, 04:52:58 am »

I've gotten good at waking up out of "hahaha fucking nope-o-clock" dreams.

This morning I recall knowing I had been sprayed with some sort of trigger pheremone for something but didn't know what exactly.

Then the ground starts rumbling and one of the bugmonsters from Starship Troopers comes around the corner, only it's like a couple of feet tall.

"Well, that's not a great development, but it isn't really that bad, Max."

Then far too many to count followed it, apparently the rumbling was enough of those little fuckers to shake the ground and I triggered the eject button in my brain.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 01, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »

I also got rather good at that, if I count to three really forcefully I can force myself awake when I realize it's a dream. It also seems like most of the time if I turn my back towards something, it won't hurt me.

Had a dream where I got a computer virus and a man in a semi-truck was trying to murder me.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 01, 2017, 05:29:02 pm »

Had a dream that I was cooking two hot dogs in two separate pans. I got distracted and they charred and blackened on one side, while the rest was totally uncooked. The skin burst and pink, grainy sludge spilled out into the pan. The end.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 01, 2017, 06:32:05 pm »

I've had times where I turn it into a semi-lucid or fully lucid state, but that's usually falling because it's actually a rush.

Facing down a horde of spacebuglets with no machinegun is just unpleasant.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 01, 2017, 07:30:52 pm »

I think I dreamed that I woke up, but was really tired and went back to sleep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 05, 2017, 07:30:19 pm »

Dreamed I was hanging out at the new house of a fella I'd dated, then grown apart from. Most of the dream was him showing off all his nice things, and talking about his career taking off, all the neat things he had done recently, and how generally happy he was. He never asked how I was doing, or what I'd been up to- not that I'd have been able to compete. Basically, it was an hour+ of me quietly being made to feel incompetent, and like a failure as a person, while trying and failing to reconnect with this guy.

It was dumb.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 05, 2017, 11:45:23 pm »

I hate dreams like that.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 06, 2017, 06:23:17 am »

In part of the dream, I was in a job interview for some reason. I actually did quite well (which is rare; I don't interview well and generally have to impress otherwise, IRL) but then the 'boss' grins broadly as he puts me in the hands of the 'chief tech' I'll be working with.  Chief Tech is in on the joke and (while welcoming me) reveals that they've previously looked further into my background and discovered an old surveillance tape of someone (supposedly me, but actually not, and I can't believe they've mistaken him for me) being something of a drunken/crazy idiot in a shop. Which, apparently, both Boss and Chief Tech liked.

I explain that it's not me (mild disappointment from CT), and offer to show them the film I was an extra in, instead, even though even I can't pick myself out of the various scenes...  Still, I'll apparently like the job.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 06, 2017, 08:05:05 am »

I dreamed that I was playing a videogame where you play as the son of a retired supervillain in a League-of-Extraordinary-Gentlemen-esque world, with your father being some kind of rich mad scientist and the game starting with him leaving overseas for a few weeks to sort something out. The game is a point and click and in the starting sequence you're in your town in a dream, fighting off zombies before waking up in bed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 339