Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567298 times)

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2505 on: May 06, 2015, 08:06:32 am »

In my last dream (closer to a nightmare) I killed myself. Not in the suicide sense, I was effectively my doppleganger and killed "myself".

WTF subconscious.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 06, 2015, 09:54:46 am »

I don't remember much from my last dream, but I know it involved some kind of secret mission. My goal was to intercept an enemy before he reach his country and give secret information to his master, so I took a shortcut at the bottom of an ocean to catch him faster, but my pokemons kept being beaten by the local wild life and I had to return to the base every time to heal them because I needed them to be in perfect shape to catch the enemy. I finally found him in a underground tunnel he was digging and fought him. I remember he was a very tough opponent and he kept taunting me. He also looked like this guy, but with black clothes. At some point I was also trying to remember if I ever made money from prostitution (what). I was also fighting hagravens and forsworn from skyrim at some point and I was very disappointed by the ice shard thing that unleashed a frost spell upon use that they dropped. I don't remember the context of these two last bits.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 09, 2015, 03:38:30 am »

Just woke up, and I remember having a couple of weird dreams. Only gonna post one of them for..personal reasons, though.

Okay, so I don't really remember much of the entirety of the dream, but at propably the end of the dream, I remember being told by a pixie or fairy or something that I was somehow pregnant with my sister's child.

Yeah, I don't and never have had a sister. Makes that even more bizzare.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2508 on: May 09, 2015, 10:18:54 am »

I've finally managed to get enough sleep to start having trippy but consistent dreams again! :D

The first, I can't remember much of except that every time my alarm started to go off the details became smoother and transitioned into an animesque style. This was particularly notable because someone's hair seemed to figure prominently in the dream.

The second was... weirder. Someone I know was driving a remote-controlled model destroyer with a distinctive gold paint job in the coastal breakers for some reason, and doing some ridiculous things like ramping off the rolls. We were, naturally, standing on the beach - quite far up, possibly so as to avoid getting sand in the controller. There was a fair bit of vegetation around us, and a concrete stormwater pipe off to our right - I believe it was North. We ended up walking in that direction to follow the boat, and came across a giant oyster washed up. It had a bunch of seaweed and assorted other forms of oceanic debris attached, trailing behind it as though it had just been washed up. That was strange though, because it was adjacent to the concrete walkway running above the beach, and the waves stopped a good five metres short of that. There was a guy standing there looking at it, maybe in his forties or a young-looking retired man.

At this point, I and the acquaintance became cognizant of a large storm cloud out over the sea, in the dirsction the giant clam washed up from. We were idly speculating about sending the boat out to look at it - I assume there was an onboard camera - when the guy asked us what we were talking about. We told him we were wondering whether there were more clams out below the cloud, and he told us not to try to find them; they'd be 'strange'.

At this point, we realised that the cloud was in fact shaped like a massive man wearing a broad-brimmed black hat and dark pants. He was a bit like a child's painting in some senses, maybe because of his cloudy nature. His features were indistinct, his legs were too short, and his thumbs were thick and long. He was constantly shifting slightly. I'm pretty sure the cloud was male because of the broadness of the shoulders and flat sides, but that's really all.

At this point, I woke up. No idea what was wrong with the oysters.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 09, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »

Had a semi-realistic dream last night.

China and the USA were at war with each other. Each nation was trying to have a technological advantage over the other as you do, but China created something freaky. A de-oceanizer. A giant pump that was the size of the Grand Canyon that sucks the ocean into Earth's Core. It was pretty cool actually, except for the fact that China could drive over the former Pacific Ocean and into the US.

I was put into the shoes of a Marine that was sent to San Francisco to battle underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. We were put into cargo containers to assault a Chinese beachhead that punch through our defenses. It was a scene out of Starship Troopers. Night time with a ton of explosions, but a few homeless people who were selling socks in the middle of the battle. The battle ended when the Chinese President came and declared the Chinese the winners of the war. (I don't even know how they thought they won.) They brought in a table with papers all over it and a US General came around to sign them. Then my POV changed to a Nuke going down the de-oceanizer's pipe and destroying it, releasing the ocean water from Earth's core. When the inevitable tsunami came around the Chinese President and his staff look at it with a stiff faces. Then my sub-conscious told me to yell, "Fire!" and we did fire. We scrambled to the surrounding high ground and watched the remaining Chinese soldiers run TOWARDS the tsunami. The massive wave swallowed them up instantly and all was well after that. We celebrated days afterward and then I woke up to the sounds of my alarm clock.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 09, 2015, 08:29:17 pm »

EDIT: Double post, sorry.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:36:40 pm by HooliganintheFort »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 10, 2015, 03:40:49 am »

Slightly odd, LoTR-ish dream maybe a bit inspired by Bloodborne walkthroughs I've been watching. Anyway, me and a bunch of people I know were in this massive complex trying to become servants of Sauron, or something, and had to pass a test. This one was that we would be trapped in towers in groups of three, very high up, filled with nothing but a winding staircase, and a werwolf-y thing would be released at the bottom every day. It would then charge up the tower, probably give us a few broken ribs on the way, then charge back down. We had to stop it, which was almost impossible, because though we had weapons e.g. the odd axe, we were way worse fighters than the self-healing, very fast werewolf,and were, like 15? Some of us were still pretty small.
  Anway, one day, somebody I knew arrived, with some mud from a ground campaign he had been fighting in, to take the test. Anyway, we managed to distill the mud into some really nasty alcohol. So me and that guy, and one other tall, very good climber went up the tower. I trapped a few pigeons before the beast was released, and we soaked them in the alcohol, and filled their insides up with it. Then the tall dud managed to lean out the top of the tower window, and climb onto the roof. He then attached an iron spear to the top, so it connected via the roof's lead to the drainpipes round the tower. And this is Mordor, so there's MASSES of lightening stiking all the time. So the bolts started hitting the spear, because we were higher than all the other towers because of the spear, and the lead warmed up.
  I took my shirt off and the pigeons, and managed to ensnare the beast when it ran up. It gave me a proper kicking, and I rolled away, leaving it struggling out of my shirt next to the delicious aroma of dead chicken. It ate it, then wandered off upstairs, noticeably slower due to the alcoholic properties of mud kept in an armpit for a month. I followed it as fast as I could with a broken arm, and came upon the homebrew companion, who had a smashed up ribcage. He managed to sit on a windowsill, as he as pretty small, curled up where the beast would miss him. The other guys had apparently got the roof to melt in time, because there was a huge screaming, of the werething, which came swerving down the stairs in a mass of molten lead. I only just managed to grab with one arm and an elbow the beam near the roof/bottom of the above staircase, when it came right past me, with lead getting into the wounds the small guy had given it, and smashing into walls as it was drunk and in pain. So we won, though we were left clinging precariously to bits of the tower with a beast encased in solid lead below us.
  So that's how I woke up as a lieutenant of the dark lord.
One wheel short of a wagon

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 10, 2015, 11:16:01 am »

Your first task was to rebuild his tower, wasn't it? :P

Anyway, this morning I had a dream in which I had met my family in town and was asked to help them guide all our pets home. So as I was leaving I noticed two of the cats stopped following me and turned around presumably to follow my parents, since they were supposed to be coming as well. I continued on and found even more cats. Cats years dead, recently lost etc. The kitty brigade grew, but each time I had to stop and follow the cat back to where they'd been hiding. Its a cat thing... Eventually after circumnavigating the mountain I arrived home and let the cats and dogs in, and my brother arrived shortly thereafter. He came alone, and said the rest of the family was staying In town a while to do some other stuff. He said he saw our cats wander off, but didn't feel it was his responsibility to help protect our family pets, excepting the ones he calls his, which I successfully guided home. I was incredibly pissed off and after chewing him out set off to find the kitties, then suddenly woke up.
I was still angry and felt the need to punch someone, but I had a kitty sleeping on my lap, so meh.

So yeah, I dreamed about herding cats and my dumbass sibling being a lazy asshole, which is normal I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 10, 2015, 11:52:13 am »

Well, last nights dream was interesting, I can really tell much about it due to reasons but, at one point in my dream I was at a party, and there were two women making out on my back. I have nothing other to say about said dream.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 10, 2015, 03:39:06 pm »

I had a really strange dream last night. I only remember a series of disconnected moments.
At some point I was visiting my grandparents who were living in their old house for some reason. There I discovered that they had turned into "wisps" (Basically they were big cyan fireballs). They explained me that they choose to be this because this allowed them to live forever. The only drawback to their new form was that when they started moving in a direction the only way for them to stop was to hit a wall (kinda like in those ice places in Pokemon, for those of you who played.). Later in the dream, I was three different things: A dull colored featureless organ-like blob, a bright red pulsating hearth and a fetus thing with telekinesis abilities. I saw things from the blob in third person. It was lying on the ground when I saw the fetus thing coming out of a nearby house levitating with the heart. It grabbed me with it's telekinesis and we wandered off to who somewhere in the suburbs. I think we were heading to my house. On our way we were discussing about the news, which seemed to indicate that the world was becoming a dystopia thanks to our prime minister, who was working with the US president and a bunch of ill intentioned powerful people. We were coming up with ways to create an utopia instead and ways to end the current system. We agreed that the best way was to start a revolution by exposing the flaws of the current system in propaganda videos. At some undetermined point, I became aware that the prime minister, Stephen Harper, had uploaded his consciousness into an immortal computer in order to become the world's greatest dictator. For no apparent reason I appeared inside that computer as a robot, and had a very hostile discussion with him. After this I teared my way out of the computer, effectively killing him. I woke up shortly after that.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 10, 2015, 03:41:06 pm »

Double post. Damn slow connection.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 10, 2015, 07:55:38 pm »

Woke myself up the other day screaming "get the fuck out of here".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 11, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »

Just dreamt that it was the super hero apocalypse.

Specifically, that all the bad guys decided it was time to hunt down all the super heroes and kill them on sight.

I have this sort of dream a lot, a dream where I'm fleeing some threat. It's never quite rises to the level of nightmare, although it's usually a dream full of anxiety of some kind.

You could generously call it a dream about free running, except it tends to be more about free climbing. In these dreams I tend to scale surfaces ridiculously fast, dropping from hand holds to grab new ones fluidly until it's like I'm jumping up or down a wall instead of climbing it, leaping down stairwells faster than you could run them, that kind of thing. It's the kind of running and climbing and jumping you see in action movie chase scenes, very fluid and precise. It's actually pretty cool, when it's not coupled to something bad.

No idea who the super heroes were, or if I was one of them. I just know I saw guys with super hero and villain-esqe costumes and weapons. To be honest I don't remember them doing anything particularly super heroic. It was taking place in a big city, and involved like 30 people, so it's like running through Hotels and big offices with someone, seeing a baddy, running away, losing track of the person you're with, running into someone else being chased by a different baddie, on and on....at one point I jumped into the holding paddock of a nuclear submarine along the coast of the city and was like "NOPE, the one thing I can't stand is radioactive water!" (Not that nuclear subs irradiate the water around them) and climbed out along the wall.

In retrospect, it felt very video game-y. I think calling in sick for work (half playing hookie/half not) was the precursor for the dream. My sense of guilt tends to work its way into my dreams when I wake up, call in sick and go back to sleep.

---

In terms of dreaming about video games, I do it a lot but not in the way you'd except. Instead of dreaming about myself in the game, or a dream themed by the game, I usually dream about playing the video game. But in my dreams, I've seen or learned something amazing, secret, which will totally change the gameplay. Something so super specific or so well hidden, it's no wonder I never saw it before!

And then one of two things happen:

-Either my lucid dreaming kicks in and goes "But you're not really playing the game at your computer right now" and the whole dream shatters, possibly to start again.

-Or I wake up totally excited to play before I realize I wasn't actually playing and don't know or have anything more than I already do.

Really only happens when I've been playing something obsessively for 10 hours or more and go to bed still wanting to play on some level.

The only drawback to their new form was that when they started moving in a direction the only way for them to stop was to hit a wall

Weird, I have floating/flying/jumping dreams where this is the exact rationale. I have dreams where I can jump and how high I jump is relative to my will power. I just have to want to go higher and farther. But stopping me is the knowledge that if I jump too far or too high, I'll achieve too much momentum and break the tether of gravity and go floating/sailing off.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:08:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 11, 2015, 04:17:27 pm »

I had a terrible dream last night. I dreamed that several people grabbed me to do a medical operation for some nefarious end. Then one of them took out a giant foot-long needle and stabbed it all the way through my arm. It hurt enough that I woke up. :o

I don't appreciate dreams like that.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 12, 2015, 02:19:28 am »

Tactile Sleep Start, with association towards medical personnel.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 339