Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85167 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 2, Deliberations Continue
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:40 pm »

Well done markressler. Until such a time as more evidence presents itself I stand by my case that Mark is a scum. And now for flavor.

While the assembled drank in the sight of the broken body which lay in the yard Sir Nerjin sighed to himself. 'Who would kill such an old man? It's impossible that it could have been him. War is a young man's game and...' Aloud he declared the next part of his thoughts "Fiends, whomever you are, I declare that I shall not rest until Sir Wilhelm's death is avenged! I take it upon myself personally to rip the life from your treacherous bodies until his soul may rest in peace." Glancing around at the assembled his eyes rested upon Sir Mark "I know it was you who caused his death. I suggest you admit it while you can. We will find you guilty Sir Mark. Admit to your sins and the gods will have enough mercy to make your death swift." Once again he addressed the rest of the group "To any of the others who assemble here and are in league with this villainous scum I implore you to take heed of my offer. We will find you. Your tainted souls cannot hide forever." When none stepped forward Sir Nerjin sighed "Very well. We shall find you the old fashioned way." [NOTE: Nothing in flavor has any gameplay meaning. Hope it was entertaining. let the hunt begin anew.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2012, 07:01:37 pm »

Alright wsoxfan, yours was the vote that tipped Wrex into death. So, why was it without reason? You didn't state any reasoning, you just said I'm tie breaking. You are very scummy. And of course lurking. 6 posts up to page 12. You have barely any interaction with most people and most is answering questions not answering them.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »

-Voted sox then reasons- You have barely any interaction with most people and most is answering questions not answering them.
What do you mean by that last part?

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:29 pm »

Alright wsoxfan, yours was the vote that tipped Wrex into death. So, why was it without reason? You didn't state any reasoning, you just said I'm tie breaking. You are very scummy. And of course lurking. 6 posts up to page 12. You have barely any interaction with most people and most is answering questions not answering them.
My reasons for voting Wrex? First of all, I was not happy about being forced into that situation. I was not completely convinced that he was scum, and would have liked more time. However, I voted for him because I have heard numerous times(including once from Hapah on this thread) that a no-lynch on D1 is bad. Of the two who were on the chopping block, I found Wrex much scummier than you, and though I would have appreciated more time to feel around more, though no one asked for an extend-so I decided to forgo it as well. Also, if you look at my posts(which you clearly have since you have such exact numbers) you will see that I had several reasons there for finding him scummy. However, I am curious to see your though process, so while I do a more detailed reread, tell me who you think is scum.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »

Alright, here's my thoughts after I reread the thread-
Markressler-
@Kamin Um, what? I tried to say that I fell newbier than you, not less newbie than you, sorry if I was misunderstood. King said 'OMGUS' and yet you are only questioning me. I'm used to face to face mafia, and in my own language. Because of my sometimes rusty english, is easy to spot me when I'm scum. I think that you are being a little evil with me, maybe it has a reason. Luckily, we are in the RVS, so I will vote you now. Kamin.
This is old, but it should be brought up again-RVS is not a reason to OMGUS. Why did you feel panicked enough to do it? I don't believe I saw an answer as to why you did this.
Also, unvote. Since I've admitted to vote just as a counter-vote, there's no point to not unvote.
In addition, here you essentially admit to this being an OMGUS and after that you unvote. Are you trying to play up the new player image as a disguise?
@Jim, I'm used to Mafiascum games, not because I've played there, because I've read a lot of games there. They play a bit different, because they have longer deadlines. They start the day asking dumb questions and such, they don't jump straight to ask questions like king's. I was mistaken to think that mafiascum and bay12 played the same, so I was a bit surprised with king's questions, and that was my reaction, ask him to answer his own questions.

And yeah, Wrex, you are asking less questions than me. Why?

Also, King, you are not asking a lot of questions neither, why do you jump against Wrex?
This is actually what I find the most interesting. You post this asking why Wrex and Kingfisher haven't posted more, and now you haven't posted for the past 5 days(or four pages). Hypocrite, much?
And more than half of your posts seem to be evading questions and don't asking anything. I see your lack of activity, your evasion and your excuses really suspicious. The reasons you are giving are a bit hypocrite.
More hypocricy. And here you call out Kingfisher for being a hypocrite. So as I sit here now, can you tell me why this label of being a hypocrite doesn't apply to you too Markressler?
Kingfisher-After re-reading the thread, as far as posts go, you haven't had very many. There was the point where you and Mark were arguing for a page, and after that you did start posting more. At least I've been constant with posting. Also, I notice several interesting things in your argument with Mark-
I have school. And sleep. And things like that. Then again, you seem to have been fairly reactionary, instead of asking questions. But, Wrex seems suspicious.
Nerjin: Please answer the question.
Wsoxfan: Please rank your top three scumpicks.
I've got to sleep and I've got to go to school also, and you've attacked me for that. There's my defense.
Half of your posts seem to be reactions to accusations, and unfortunately most things happen at around midnight here.
I find this very interesting. When you posted this, you had asked next to no questions(I think I had more than you at that point), and you had posted saying that Wrex seemed scummy. That was the amount of content that you had posted when this was said.
@Kamin Um, what? I tried to say that I fell newbier than you, not less newbie than you, sorry if I was misunderstood. King said 'OMGUS' and yet you are only questioning me. I'm used to face to face mafia, and in my own language. Because of my sometimes rusty english, is easy to spot me when I'm scum. I think that you are being a little evil with me, maybe it has a reason. Luckily, we are in the RVS, so I will vote you now. Kamin.
Alright. This little gem REALLY set me off. Really. This post is incredibly scummy. This says to me " You nasty man, I have no reason to vote you. Oh wait, it's RVS. VOTE VOTE VOTE. "  How in the hell does RVS give a legitimate reason to vote? And you say luckily which REALLY sets off all kinds of alarms.
This post. If you truly felt that post was so scummy, why didn't you vote him for this? What at that time was so complelling about voting for Wrex that you decided that he'd be better than Mark?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2012, 02:59:31 am »

Just because I'm doing it doesn't mean I can't scum hunt peop.e who are doing it. Now, I try very hard to post as often as I can, but sometimes I just don't have time. I'm managing at least 2 posts a day.

Anyway, I have to say you have made a very convincing case. Unvote.
Getting in a reread tonight.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2012, 03:25:02 am »

[MOD: do we have a prod out for Mark?]  I know it must be hard for him to remember to type a few obligatory sentences in this thread every once in a while to keep up the illusion that he's still playing, but we all have problems. 

[Also, and feel free to just insta-reject this suggestion out of hand, but can we get a timer on your posts indicating how many hours are left in each day?  I was totally taken off guard by the last day ending because the thread time is so far ahead (+13 hours) of my local time.]

Jim: You're being non-commital, and the only player you've seriously pressed (me) is the only one that has engaged you at all.  Why? And what would you have done if you were Sox, unsure of either player's guilt but with the power to break a tie? 

Mark: I know you're having trouble keeping up with your [hugesarcasticairquotes] terrible [/hugesarcasticairquotes] English, so I'll repeat the above question in your mother tongue: Lurky lur klur klu-R-klu rk, Lurklur Klurky?  (I still expect an answer)

Nerjin: You bandwagon me without voting, being content to just leave an FoS on me when you were "convinced" I was scum.  Then when Jim and I call you to the carpet, first you retreated while completely ignoring our questions. Then when Jim asks again, you  kiss his ass like it was your job and still manage to avoid answering his questions.  You started this game out by dodging questions, but you're going to finish it by stumbling through your failed attempts to explain yourself to me here on D2, scum. Now:

Why did you pander like a schoolchild to Jim?  Why did you not VOTE me on D1?  Why did you bandwagon me with no evidence at all? And why did you immediately retreat the moment I countered? 

Kamin: Are you ready to admit that you bandwagoned mark, that you still haven't delivered any evidence to support your D1 vote, and that you were content to watch Wrex be lynched without an extension when you were "certain" I was scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:10 am »

Homework comes before mafia. I'll get to posting later. Don't expect it tomorrow though.

In the meantime, get to work, people. You have two flips to look at and all of Day 1 to look at in their context. There's plenty of material available for perusal, analysis, and questions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:07 am »

[MOD: do we have a prod out for Mark?]  I know it must be hard for him to remember to type a few obligatory sentences in this thread every once in a while to keep up the illusion that he's still playing, but we all have problems. 

[Also, and feel free to just insta-reject this suggestion out of hand, but can we get a timer on your posts indicating how many hours are left in each day?  I was totally taken off guard by the last day ending because the thread time is so far ahead (+13 hours) of my local time.]

"Request granted."

"Wh- it's the same map from yesterday!"

"Cheers for jovial company."

"Pardon me, but what time is it exactly? I don't want to arouse the ire of the Marshal."

"Ahh, listen lad. The people have gathered at the chapel for the Tierce -- prayers sung between the brink of dawn and midday, when the sun is at it's peak."

The knights gave the map one last look of suspicion from it's seemingly out-of-place-answer-to-nobody before returning to their debate.

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (1) - vodot
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (0) -
  • kingfisher1112 (0) -
  • markressler (1) - Nerjin
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Jim Groovester, Kamin, kingfisher1112, wsoxfan, markressler

Between the hour of the Swallow and the Raven.

((Day 2 will end at September 13, 2012 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

49 hours, 20 minutes and ~14 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you refresh a lot.))

[Tiruin: Loving the flavor so far.  Good job.]
Thanks you! :))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:56:00 am by Tiruin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:00 am »

-snip-
Nerjin: You bandwagon me without voting, being content to just leave an FoS on me when you were "convinced" I was scum.  Then when Jim and I call you to the carpet, first you retreated while completely ignoring our questions. Then when Jim asks again, you  kiss his ass like it was your job and still manage to avoid answering his questions.  You started this game out by dodging questions, but you're going to finish it by stumbling through your failed attempts to explain yourself to me here on D2, scum. Now:

Why did you pander like a schoolchild to Jim?  Why did you not VOTE me on D1?  Why did you bandwagon me with no evidence at all? And why did you immediately retreat the moment I countered? 

-snip-
There are a few problems with your theory:
1.   I didn’t vote on you because while I think you’re scum I KNOW that Mark is. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again until you get all the scum out of your ears and listen.
2.   I answered his questions. I spent post #166 talking about how a vanilla townie wouldn’t be so worried about Jim simply because he’s an IC. ESPECIALLY when that IC has yet to show any Scumtells. So who would be worried about an IC who hasn’t done any scumtells? A scum.

Now to answer questions:
1.   I don’t see how I pander like a schoolchild but I think I know what you mean. Jim is a teacher here so I find it appropriate to give him a decent amount of respect as he is taking time from his busy schedule to inform us on how to play the game. That being said the second he tries anything scummy I’m voting for him.
2.   We’re back to this again. I am sure that you’re scum. I KNOW that Mark is scum. I’ll take a confirmed scum lynch over suspected scum lynch any day of the week.
3.   I presented my case as best I could. Is it even a bandwagon if I’m not voting you by the way? Either way I find that you are acting scummy enough to be my #2 suspect.
4.   I “retreated” so to speak because you negated ½ of my argument when you explained your sudden switch from “Let’s not lynch at all on day one” [wonderful math by the way] to “Let’s lynch lynch LYNCH!”

Now if I may ask you a question? Why are you voting so hard for me? I get the feeling that it's an OMGUS but I want to be clear on the matter. What is your evidence exactly?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

[Flavor post! Doesn't impact the game.]
Kamin gazes despondently upon the broken body of his former brother-in-arms. He feels that those who were supposed to be his comrades are no longer trustworthy, and that pains him to no end. Kamin internalizes the awful information the scene imparts, and knows that it just as easily could have happened to him. There is no doubt in his mind that he is marked for death, just like the once-ardent Sir Conricht. He silently wills the night to remain beyond the horizon, wishing helplessly for the sun to never again set.

Kamin: Are you ready to admit that you bandwagoned mark, that you still haven't delivered any evidence to support your D1 vote, and that you were content to watch Wrex be lynched without an extension when you were "certain" I was scum?
Here you go again. I didn't bandwagon Mark. I've explained that to you. And I'm rightly tired of you digging for some other answer that doesn't exist, Vodot. Now that Wrex is gone, we don't even have a cop to point your scummy ass out of the crowd. I've been pretty adamant that I think you're scum, just like last time--your probing won't change that. Oh, and here's my "evidence" again (we've been over this, just as I explained to you how "evidence" works in this game.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115600.msg3588182#msg3588182

I love your witch hunt, Vodot, but I'm afraid the one pointing the finger is actually the one to blame. You don't seem all that upset about Shakerag; why is that? Are you upset with your NK decision because Shake was only a vanilla townie? I imagine Jim is the next on your NK/lynch list, huh? God knows those ICs are dangerous!

My reasons for voting Wrex? First of all, I was not happy about being forced into that situation. I was not completely convinced that he was scum, and would have liked more time. However, I voted for him because I have heard numerous times(including once from Hapah on this thread) that a no-lynch on D1 is bad. Of the two who were on the chopping block, I found Wrex much scummier than you, and though I would have appreciated more time to feel around more, though no one asked for an extend-so I decided to forgo it as well. Also, if you look at my posts(which you clearly have since you have such exact numbers) you will see that I had several reasons there for finding him scummy. However, I am curious to see your though process, so while I do a more detailed reread, tell me who you think is scum.
Sox: You seemed pretty quick to vote for Wrex. You did not ask for an extension, and that's on you. Just because nobody else voiced a wish for it doesn't mean that you shouldn't--you just voted. 
Don't worry. I have no issues with breaking a tie.
That's pretty scummy, friend. I think you may have just shown your true colors. Did you help Vodot make the decision for NK-ing Shake? I wonder how you two came to consider him?

Nerjin: You seem to be pretty partial to Jim, so why might that be? Is there some secret club I'm unaware of? You said:
I answered his questions. I spent post #166 talking about how a vanilla townie wouldn’t be so worried about Jim simply because he’s an IC. ESPECIALLY when that IC has yet to show any Scumtells. So who would be worried about an IC who hasn’t done any scumtells? A scum.
Now this is interesting thinking... an IC is cleared to fly so quickly because they "have yet to show any scumtells?" So are you implying that, say, a lurker isn't scum because they don't "show any scumtells?" That's quite intriguing reasoning. I'd like to know more about it.

King: You're sitting pretty today, aren't you? You jumped all over Sox for a tiebreaker on someone you yourself voted for. That's a pretty interesting approach; throw out a straw man for everybody to beat on while you laugh at the poor bastards that end up at the end of the rope. Sox is a really easy target, truth be told--it's pretty suspicious that you'd jump all over him like you did before just backing off. That whole interplay between the two of you almost seemed scripted... "Here's an argument." "Oh, ok. You're not scum..." *wiiiink* So why did you jump to attack Sox? And why did you just content yourself with his answer and back off? Tell me that you don't think that's a bit scummy.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2012, 06:44:30 pm »

Sox: You seemed pretty quick to vote for Wrex. You did not ask for an extension, and that's on you. Just because nobody else voiced a wish for it doesn't mean that you shouldn't--you just voted. 
Don't worry. I have no issues with breaking a tie.
That's pretty scummy, friend. I think you may have just shown your true colors. Did you help Vodot make the decision for NK-ing Shake? I wonder how you two came to consider him?
First of all, why are you getting on me about not voting for an extension if you didn't either? I already outlined my reasons for why I voted him in an earlier post. Also, considering how that post oozed of scum, you must sincerly doubt what you're saying. If you're that certain I'm scum, then vote me. As I explained to King, I only did that because of how much it's been stressed a no-lynch is bad. Also, if I was to believe everything that you're saying, then me, vodot, and Kingfisher are all scumbuddies. Would you like to clarify this? Your tone has been rather accustory, which leads to some... conclusions.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2012, 06:54:31 pm »

I've got to admit I'm pretty weak sauce right now. I won't have real time until tomorrow and if my vote stayed then I would be bombarded with ' WHY U VOTE SOX' while I was gone. And he seems less suspicious after that. He is still suspicious, just not as much. And what is with all of this ' Easy Target' bullshit?

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »

@Nerjin,
My vote has been for you since D1 when you dodged those initial two questions, and it has never wavered. If you need to find an OMGUS in this situation, check the mirror.

My vote has stayed on you becuase of the generally shoddy way that you have tried to back up your accusations of me, and becuase of the way you responded to Jim and I D1. That being said, I actually like your response to this latest bout of 'hyperactive-assery' enough to unvote you.

I'm not going to apologize for calling you out for kissing ass, becuase that's what you were doing.

@Kamin,
...The post you linked as your "evidence, again" has no evidence.  Its just your explanation for why you don't think you need to provide evidence.  Moreover, you make zero effort to address the fact that allowed wrex to be lynched without an extension. 

We're not moving forward at all in this discussion. Yes, You're tired of my questions, and yes, I know you're voting me. Joy. You've refused to relent on your "vodot wants to lynch the ICs!" tack despite my efforts to show you that I was operating under a genuinely mistaken assumption.  I want to make progress, but you're not even making an effort to address the content of how I'm responding and what I'm asking you.

While I'm waiting for Sox and Jim to answer my questions (I'm not really holding my breath for Mark),

King:
1. You've been watching this thread like a hawk, making sure you get in that crucial first post, both at game start and at the start of D2.  True or False?
2. How have the events of the last few pages changed your game?

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 11, 2012, 08:57:19 pm »

@vodot-what question did I miss? I swore I answered all of them. Could you kindly redirect me to the question?

@kingfisher-could you answer my question in post 183?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28