Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter Two: Culling the Meek  (Read 11354 times)

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter One: New Arrivals
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

Enrico try to catch the swirling mask, pull the cord, and secure it like explained on the safety card, believing there's nothing else that he can do. Also he briefly wonder about a soap vendor career, without a reason.
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

(( Lol parachutes on a public flight? U know what would happen if you put 200 people with no idea what there doing in a parachute and asked them to jump from a nose diving plane?
Half of them would fall over and be smashed to pieces flopping around the ship 2/3 of the remaining would jump out and completely fail to use the parachute and fall to there deaths.
And the last small group would probably ending up spinning in circles until the chute broke up and they plummeted to there doom.
Using a parachute aint easy ))

The thing is, you would still probably have a better chance of surviving if you jumped out with a parachute than if you stayed in the plane as it crashed. Sure, it's mainly done to save time for the pilot and crew, as they would have to explain how to use them, but it's still safer, in my opinion. And I'm sure nobody would 'Fall over and flop around the ship' unless they're incredibly stupid and clumsy, or they happened to have a seizure. It would take them a bit of time to get to the door, but they would still be able to before it crashed. As long as they have been taught by the crew, everyone SHOULD be able to make it out alive, unless a freak accident happens and they A) Get sucked into the jet, or B) The plane Spontaneously combusts.

But, WHAT DO I KNOW!?  ::)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:52 pm »

(( If they all lined up and proceeded to the doors in an organized line then im sure it would work. But your dropping out of the sky seconds from dieing what do you think the odds are that 300 people are going to walk to the door in an organized line and wait there turn? In a life threatening situation the vast majority of the civilians will panic then stampede ensues they bundle through the door in packs which instantly means some of them wont make it because the chutes will tangle or they'll hit each other in free fall. Plus when ur nose diving in a plane im pretty sure keeping your balance will be difficult :). ))
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

((From what I've read, the expense and added weight of having a parachute for everyone aboard outweighs any possible benefit. It would take about five minutes to get to the proper altitude to even open the emergency door without risk of decompression, then probably another ten minutes to get everyone out. When's the last time a crash took fifteen minutes...? Chances are, you'll have about three minutes to get some kind of emergency plan into action. Then you're down. That's just my two cents though. I've just been researching it because I like to know as much as I can about what I'm writing about.))

Chapter One: New Arrivals

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Shrug and enjoy the ride.
[2] Easier said than done... When the airplane pitched forward, you just about pooped your pants. You take little notice of the oxygen mask in front of you as you tighten your grip on the arm-rests. You tense up and prepare for impact... You see a guy go flying through the air toward the back of the plane... Poor guy.

SCREW IT. Keep Praying, but put on the floatation device.
[6] Yeah, so god, about keeping me alive. You're on that... right? You wonder how effective your prayers will be as you grab the life preserver from under your seat. [10] Oh yeah. The card on it is really easy to understand. Popping the buckles, you slide your arms through the correct holes and buckle yourself back up with ease. Holding the pull-pin, you wait for the water before you try inflating it.

Jacob fumbles about under his seat looking for the self inflating life jacket and continues to brace.
[8] It takes much less fumbling than you thought to get the life jacket. You glance at the card [4] it's the Spanish side! The pictures look good enough. You put your arms through some holes and get your head in one too. [8] At least the jacket isn't impeding your ability to brace. Back in the position you were in before, you get ready for the landing...

Sarah, still deep in calculations about the impact velocity and and angle of the aircraft, is ripped out of her thoughts when she hears a huge explosion behind her and feels the wind rushing through her hair. Trying to keep herself from panicing, she fumbles around under her seat and attempts to put on the lifejacket that is supposed to be there.
[1] It's supposed to be there... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE... BUT IT ISN'T... WHAT!? You start panicking and hyperventilating. [1, 1, 2, 1*] Your vision blurs and you faint.

*((My die roller hates you apparently. Those were the rolls, in the order I rolled them...))

Enrico try to catch the swirling mask, pull the cord, and secure it like explained on the safety card, believing there's nothing else that he can do. Also he briefly wonder about a soap vendor career, without a reason.
[10] You grab the mask out of the air like some kind of karate master. Strapping it onto your face, you take a deep breath of oxygen and feel a LOT BETTER. Gee, you think. I wonder why I don't see more people doing this? Taking a deep breath, you relax and let your mind wander. [9] Soap vendors probably don't have to deal with plane crashes... Maybe I should have been one after all. It would certainly smell better... Speaking of smells, how's that guy with the smelly breath? You turn and see he's frowning because he has to smell his own breath. Ahh, the smell of justice.

Damien moves out of hes seat........ ((WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? YOUR PLANE IS IN A NOSE-DIVE!))
..... and rushing forward take the nearest empty seat near to the emergency exit and then lowers himself down and braces hes leg's quickly running over what he knows about impact's and trying to work out the best time to jump to avoid the impact entirely.
[9] You unbuckle yourself. [2] You are torn from your seat and thrown into the ceiling. The rushing air flowing toward the back of the plane catches you and you feel yourself bounce, like a rag-doll, across its bumpy surface. You feel a sense of utter helplessness as you fly through the cabin. As you're about to be ejected from a gaping hole in the back of the plane, you reach out and try to grab onto something. [8] You grasp onto the head-rest of a seat, trying your best to pull yourself in. [2] You're just about lose your grip as a purse hits you in the forehead and your fingers slip off of the seat. You feel weightless for about two seconds before you slam into the water at two-hundred miles an hour. You feel every bone in your body break at once.

Then you feel nothing...

==================================================================

The pilot rolled a [3]. Which was pretty bad, but not as bad as it could have been...

***BOOOOOOM***

Darkness.
Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstarfanatic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: VincValentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: They Hydro of Hydrovia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mesor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)

Random passengers lay scattered on the beach. Some showered with debris from the recent explosion. It would appear that most of the people are dead. Some sit on the beach, crying or screaming, others wander around searching for lost loved ones. The wreckage burns with a thick black smoke. The pillar is nearly a mile high. No need for a signal fire... Anyone could see that from miles away. At this point, everyone is in shock. People are still trapped in the wreckage, and many need some kind of medical help. Even more people are in critical condition, and there doesn't appear to be anyone in charge. Hope would appear to be lost...

What do YOU do?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:30:14 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

(( Haha saw that one coming )).

The Hydro of Hydrovia

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »

Hydro shrugs and picks up his music. He puts an earbud in and gets up.

((HYDRO DON'T GIVE A FUCK))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:06:17 pm by The Hydro of Hydrovia »
DO YA WANNA PLAY A GAME?!!!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 09:10:08 pm »

((Jesus, those rolls. At least I didn't attempt anything stupid because those rolls would probably have gotten me killed.))

Sarah checks herself for any injuries. If she is uninjured, she gets up and attempts to help people in her immediate vicinity, staying away from the wreckage. If she is injured, she will attempt to do some first aid, using her clothes as a makeshift bandage and making absolutely sure that it is neatly and evenly fastened around the wound.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 09:14:35 pm »

Rodrigo clutches his head and stays on the sand, sobbing like a child who was recovering from the shock of losing both parents. His training wasn't worth anything and both their rifles and body armor were just useless illusions for safety. People had died then, and more people were dying now, and he was unable to do anything. The first-aid course wouldn't help anyone...there were splattered heads and pieces of people strewn around him, and his commanding officer kept screaming for half a minute before finally dying of blood loss.

Tears still staining his face, he started to slowly crawl away from the battlefield and search for someone still alive, still shoving his face into the sand from time to time and trying to avoid the crossfire between the sand rats and what had remained of his platoon. He still had a chance of getting out of war achieving something...he had to help someone...

Crawl pathetically on the sand until nearest person still alive is found.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »

((...not bad.))

Albert searches frantically for a lever, and pulls it. If it doesn't work, he tries to kick open the door with his superior leg strength.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2012, 03:19:47 am »

Jacob searches himself for injury and then searches the beach for any debris that might have escaped total destruction, hoping to find something useful such as first aid material.

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2012, 04:02:31 am »

"whoawhoawhoa..." Enrico thinks "the plane was hit by TWO lightnings. crashed. and i'm still alive. for the inverse Murphy theorem, i should be the winner of a couple lotteries by now... sweet! also, why they don't fill the entire cabin with oxygen? feels good". Then the sight of the bright sand and the crying of peoples finally make their way in Enrico's mind. He keep the mask on and check himself for wounds, wondering if that's the real life or just a cracker&ananas juice induced fantasy. As he see the blood running from the krautman's head he become lighter and little flashing flies start dancing in his eyes. "if this is a dream, it's a damn realistic one, if this isn't: DAMN". He try to resist and not faint, breathing all the oxygen he can from the mask.
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:39 pm »

((Sorry for the delay, I picked up this new game called Towns and got pretty addicted... It's like an isometric DF-clone. Worth checking out. Also, when I was trying to post, the Bay12 forums were down or something, so I couldn't connect to post.))

Chapter Two: Culling the Meek

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Hydro shrugs and picks up his music. He puts an earbud in and gets up.

[9] Planes crash. C'est la vie. Well, such is YOUR life. A bunch of other people weren't so lucky... Oh well. Thinking purely objectively, you figure there won't be any rescue for a few more days. That means you'll need food and shelter. Hell, if the island isn't populated, it might be the perfect place to start that micro-nation... [2] You put in your earbuds and frown. I didn't even put this song on there... Oh well, might as well get up. [7] You stand and brush the sand off of you. As you do, you realize you don't have any feeling in your left arm. You can move it fine, you just can't feel it... Upon closer inspection, you notice a small piece of metal lodged just under your left tricep. A small trickle of blood drips from the wound. You freeze and stare at the metal bit intently... No knowing what damage you could do to yourself trying to move if you can't feel it! It looks like a small rod, about a millimeter in diameter. You think you could grab the end, as there's about an inch sticking out of your arm, but you have no idea how long the rod is... Or what it could be... It seems made of a rigid metal, like steel. Well, fuck... You can either search for someone who knows what they're doing... Or you can fix it yourself...

Sarah checks herself for any injuries. If she is uninjured, she gets up and attempts to help people in her immediate vicinity, staying away from the wreckage. If she is injured, she will attempt to do some first aid, using her clothes as a makeshift bandage and making absolutely sure that it is neatly and evenly fastened around the wound.

[6] There's a tender bump on your head, but aside from that, you're quite alright. You look around at the people nearest to you. [4] About five feet away, a man lays face down in the sand, arms splayed out. He's not breathing... You make out a number of additional bodies... Probably five just near you... You shudder and keep looking. [6] Listening intently, you focus on a scream. There's a man laying near where that last explosion was... He's got a two foot long piece of metal sticking out of his stomach. Nobody else is moving to help him... He looks over at you and puts arm out. "HELP ME, PLEASE HELP ME!" Behind him, you see a hatch door and a cloud of smoke come rushing out. In the thick of the smoke, you think you can see a man pulling himself out. He drops over the side, coughing and weezing...

Rodrigo clutches his head and stays on the sand, sobbing like a child who was recovering from the shock of losing both parents. His training wasn't worth anything and both their rifles and body armor were just useless illusions for safety. People had died then, and more people were dying now, and he was unable to do anything. The first-aid course wouldn't help anyone...there were splattered heads and pieces of people strewn around him, and his commanding officer kept screaming for half a minute before finally dying of blood loss.

Tears still staining his face, he started to slowly crawl away from the battlefield and search for someone still alive, still shoving his face into the sand from time to time and trying to avoid the crossfire between the sand rats and what had remained of his platoon. He still had a chance of getting out of war achieving something...he had to help someone...

Crawl pathetically on the sand until nearest person still alive is found.

[10] You snap right out of it, mostly... You remember being on a plane... in your seat when it hit turbulence... Oh god, it must have crashed... You look around and see a number of dead people around you. Shuddering as you draw the comparisons to past experiences, you crawl along the sand looking for other survivors. [5] When you try to move, your left foot doesn't seem to respond. Looking down, it seems to be pointing the wrong way... The pain hits you in waves as you try not to scream out. Oh god... [4] You hear someone screaming for help and your thoughts drift back to the past... People you knew and cared about, screaming for help as their lives were ended...

Albert searches frantically for a lever, and pulls it. If it doesn't work, he tries to kick open the door with his superior leg strength.
[8] Thank god there's a raging seat fire behind you! The door is very well illuminated and [5] you grab the handle, which burns the fuck out of your hand. Coughing, you grab a shirt from a conveniently placed luggage case and wrap your hand. Grabbing the door again you give it a firm push. [10] The handle twists easily and the door pops. [5] The door comes loose from its position and lands on top of you. [8] You rub your head and curse it briefly before grabbing at the door frame and pulling yourself right up. Smoke billows from the newly opened door, obscuring your vision and making it impossible to breathe. [4] You clutch at your face and fall over the side of your ex-prison. Gasping for air on the ground, you notice a man next to you with a large metal protrusion on his stomach. He is screaming incoherently.

Jacob searches himself for injury and then searches the beach for any debris that might have escaped total destruction, hoping to find something useful such as first aid material.
[3] Your head pounds. You feel the back of your head and feel blood trickling from a gash. [10] Holding the back of your head, you try to stand. You're a lot less woozy than you thought you'd be. Nauseated, you begin looking for something to wrap your head with. On the ground next to a dead guy with no legs, there is a stewardess's cart. You start looking through it. [6] Little bottles of alcohol, napkins, washcloths, plastic silverware, packages of peanuts, cups, and a thermos full of cold water. Not a bad find, you think to yourself. [7] You figure cleaning the wound with alcohol couldn't hurt. Grabbing a washcloth, you unscrew a bottle of vodka and drench the cloth in it. You pat the back of your head softly, trying to get the most out of it. You can hear screams from the beach... [6] You finish wrapping your head with a makeshift bandage. It'll have to do...

"whoawhoawhoa..." Enrico thinks "the plane was hit by TWO lightnings. crashed. and i'm still alive. for the inverse Murphy theorem, i should be the winner of a couple lotteries by now... sweet! also, why they don't fill the entire cabin with oxygen? feels good". Then the sight of the bright sand and the crying of peoples finally make their way in Enrico's mind. He keep the mask on and check himself for wounds, wondering if that's the real life or just a cracker&bananas juice induced fantasy. As he see the blood running from the krautman's head he become lighter and little flashing flies start dancing in his eyes. "if this is a dream, it's a damn realistic one, if this isn't: DAMN". He try to resist and not faint, breathing all the oxygen he can from the mask.
[5] You take another deep breath from the oxygen mask and notice it isn't connected to anything. You frown, that oxygen could really be useful right now... [7] You're pretty convinced this is real life... You remember being on the plane... and the turbulence... and the explosion... There's a lot of dead people on the ground too, which is something you rarely (if ever) dream about... [5] After another quick pat-down, you're sure you're not hurt. You take off the now-useless oxygen mask and look around. Somewhere behind you, you hear someone screaming for help. Then you hear a loud thunk and someone coughing. [4] You try to turn and see, but you're still buckled into your seat...

==================================================================

Of the hundred-or-so people that crash landed on the beach, only about 12 now survive. Most of them are still in critical condition. The wreckage of the plane is almost entirely aflame. A small section of the fuselage still remains with a few seats in it. Many of them are still occupied. Many of the occupants are dead...

What will you do? Be a hero and attempt save lives? Look for supplies to stay alive? Curl up in a ball and babble to yourself incoherently? The decisions you make now will drastically affect what comes to be...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:02:15 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2012, 03:45:13 pm »

((FRICKIN FRACKIN DOUBLEPOSTS!))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:08:54 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter Two: Culling the Meek
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2012, 04:14:48 pm »

Seeing the guy with the metal piece in his stomach and the bodies lying around, Sarah tries to keep herself from vomiting. She quickly makes her over to him and attempts to put a makeshift bandage around his stomach, encircling the wound. She knows enough about the human body to know that pulling the metal thing out of the man would cause him to bleed out and die, so she attempts to calm him down and stop the bleeding. 
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2012, 04:41:13 pm »

((Wow, his foot is either broken or dislocated. Welp, how do I envy ye, rest of the team. :P))

Rodrigo winces as he sees his foot. It is hurting now, but he knows he needs to do something about it which will only hurt even more. He breathes deeply before sitting and staring at his foot. Time for the truth, it was the moment to make his training be worth a shit, even if he wasn't able to save someone he should at least be able to put his own foot back in place.

Set foot back in place, immobilize it and help the closest wounded person. Pray for it not to be broken or prepare for eternal pains and problems with the foot to be added to the PTSD.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:55:05 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7