Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter Two: Culling the Meek  (Read 11351 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players)
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 04:44:30 pm »

Just in case:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 04:47:38 pm »

Rodrigo Hernandez added to wait list. (Too lazy to be bothered with funky letters.:P )
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 07:47:26 pm »

Sarah tries to make herself comfortable and get some sleep.
She hopes that maybe she'll be able to at least relax a little on this trip.

((Sorry that that took so long, my laptop broke so I have to use my phone))
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »

((It's okay, still waiting for Elu...))
Hey, look what I did!

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:36 am »

Enrico pass the time looking around trying to find a pattern in occupied-unoccupied seats. Also he try to discerne the last meal that sleeping guy next to him had by the smell

Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 03:14:44 am »

Chapter One: New Arrivals

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Damien closes hes eyes and relaxes wondering absently what kind of work he would find himself doing and if his rather violent skills would be of any use.
Leaning back in your seat, you dwell on what challenges might be ahead. Never one particularly given over to religion, the idea that God was waiting for you to get to South-Africa seems outrageous. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, you think to yourself.

Vlad is listening to Du Hast on his MP3 player. He contemplates what he could do to help Africa.
Your music pounds in your ears. You close your eyes and bob your neck to the beat. You figure that the African peoples will be relatively easy to persuade to your plans of micro-nationalism, as long as they feel that the benevolence outweighs the restrictions of your regime. Thoughts of how you'd organize your government fill your mind...

Albert snores loudly. A broadcast of Cirque Du Soleil is on the TV in front of him.

You dream that you are watching Cirque Du Soleil in person. You hear a sharp noise and crack your eyes to see that the in-flight movie is Liar Liar. You shrug. "I actually like that movie..." you mutter as you slip back into sleep.

Jacob just tries to drift off to sleep with his mp3 player on, thinking of home.
You find it hard not to take the opportunity on a quiet plane ride to pass right the fuck out. Your daughter's younger days ruined your ability to sleep without some kind of constant noise in the background... Your head hits the head-rest pillow, you put the music on low enough to simulate white-noise, and that's all she wrote... You dream of coming home to your wife and child.

Sarah tries to make herself comfortable and get some sleep.
She hopes that maybe she'll be able to at least relax a little on this trip.
While sleep has been elusive this past few days, it's taken its toll, and a quiet, smooth plane ride like this is a difficult opportunity to pass up. You slept almost the entire plane ride over, and plan on staying that way until you reach your destination.

Enrico pass the time looking around trying to find a pattern in occupied-unoccupied seats. Also he try to discern the last meal that sleeping guy next to him had by the smell.
You look around from seat to seat looking for a pattern of some sort. [5] It's really hard to find a pattern in something that's totally random... You frown and turn your attention to the man beside you. [9] You can smell his breath right now, and your face isn't even close to his. He's just been snoring with his mouth open... Sauerkraut... The man had sauerkraut... You frown.

==================================================================

After the in-flight meals are passed out around the 1 hour mark in the flight, the overhead speakers chime. "This is your captain speaking, we've been having some technical difficulties. It should only increase our ETA by about an hour. Thank you for your understanding."

A few whispers can be heard being exchanged between passengers. People are wondering what kind of technical difficulties make a flight take longer... The plane hits some turbulence and the cabin shakes. Someone lets out an excited yelp as the "FASTEN YOUR SEAT-BELTS" light comes on.

When the plane stops shaking, the intercom chimes back on. "Uh, this is the captain speaking... We're going to be heading through a storm. Lightning is expected, but don't be alarmed. The plane is meant to take it."

He didn't sound very confident.

The people near the windows look out intently at the approaching storm. The whispers now a dull roar, people seem to be getting really antsy. The windows along the left side of the plane light up with a flash as you all hear a boom outside followed by a turbulent jolt. It sounded (and felt) like a hand grenade went off on the left wing... The plane seems to lean to one side for a brief moment.

*DING* "Uhh, this is the captain speaking... Everyone please return to your seats and buckle in. Please put your tray-table up and keep your seat back in the full-upright position..."

Another flash of light illuminates the left windows again. The boom feels like it was focused in the same spot again... This time, the plane leans harder... And doesn't lean back...

People start screaming. Those of you who are asleep were woken up by the first jolt. Hydro, you don't realize what's happening yet (music is up really loud). You've just felt some turbulence and seen people looking around. None of you were buckled in before the first turbulence. What is your character doing?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:53:58 am by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Day in the Life (6/6 Players) Chapter One: New Arrivals
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54:40 am »

Damien using reactions born of he's time fighting quickly leans across and straps in the people sitting next to him then lowers himself to the ground in a crouched position and looks around him to check everybody is ok.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:27 am »

Jacob puts on his outdoors jacket, puts the envelope, mp3 player and his wallet in the inner chest pocket before strapping self in and bracing. He tries to replay the safety talkthrough in his head, picturing where the nearest exit is.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:56 am »

After something that sounded like a nuclear explosion ripped her from her dreams, Sarah noticed that the plane was leaning over. Not only did the second bolt on the left bug her because it wasn't symmetrical to the other one, but she now also noticed the plane wasn't flying straight anymore. When she realized that this probably didn't mean any good, she tried to remember the security instructions, buckled up and then leaned forward while holding her legs. She then looked around to see if the people around her were doing alright, all the while trying not to think how high up she was right now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:59:02 am by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:11 am »

Enrico quickly buckle himself up and look around, shaking the sauerkraut man in the unlikely event he's still sleeping. "you should bukle up"  he say to him "not that it will help though... if this plane gonna crash, the chance of surviving are kinda... small..." he then simply look around
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:39 am »

Albert quickly yells F*** and buckles up. He prays furiously, although being an atheist, he doesn't know any prayers, and ends up spouting Gibberish with his head in his hands.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

The Hydro of Hydrovia

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 12:30:57 pm »

Hydro looks around. He's almost always buckled in, but I suppose he forgot to. He does so now. He notices the commotion and puts his headphones around his neck.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:47:26 pm by The Hydro of Hydrovia »
DO YA WANNA PLAY A GAME?!!!
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »

Chapter One: New Arrivals

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Damien using reactions born of he's time fighting quickly leans across and straps in the people sitting next to him then lowers himself to the ground in a crouched position and looks around him to check everybody is ok.
[8] With a deft movement, you lean over and start buckling in the old woman next to you. In the confusion, she's been in a daze. Just watching people run down the halls to get to their seats and strap in. People are having a hard time getting anywhere on the plane, as it is now listing at an almost forty-five degree angle. She looks down at you "Oh, thank you!" You turn and notice that the guy sitting to your other side isn't back to his seat yet. [5] You try to put your head as close to your ankles as you can. Who know, maybe that will cushion the impact or something. [2] You think that you should look around one last time and see if everyone is okay. You can only see ankles, and not every seat has a pair of ankles under it. You also see some luggage hit the ground in the aisle. Someone must have opened the overhead compartment...

Jacob puts on his outdoors jacket, puts the envelope, mp3 player and his wallet in the inner chest pocket before strapping self in and bracing. He tries to replay the safety talkthrough in his head, picturing where the nearest exit is.
As the plane spins out of control, you try to reach up and open your over-head luggage to get your coat. [6] With some difficulty, you try to stand up. The person next to you says, "What the fuck are you doing!?"

"Getting my coat!" you reply, reaching up to the overhead luggage, you pop the latch. Luggage spills out, and your bag [6] lands in the lap of the person sitting next to you. The compartment door is too high now to reach, so the overhead luggage compartment continues to spill out luggage as the plane lists. The guy next to you puts his hands together and starts mumbling what seems like a prayer. [9] You were smart to put the coat on top. No knowing what the weather in South Africa is going to be like. [5] You struggle to equip the coat, the sleeves are inside out and the listing airplane doesn't make it any easier. After a short struggle, the coat is on you and you feel much safer. [8] You jam all of the important stuff in your breast pocket, before [10] strapping yourself in with ease. [5] You put yourself in a sort of sit-up position whilst sitting. You cover your head with your hands and feel mildly safer. [10] You clearly picture how you're going to make it to the escape hatch and practice the route in your mind...

After something that sounded like a nuclear explosion ripped her from her dreams, Sarah noticed that the plane was leaning over. Not only did the second bolt on the left bug her because it wasn't symmetrical to the other one, but she now also noticed the plane wasn't flying straight anymore. When she realized that this probably didn't mean any good, she tried to remember the security instructions, buckled up and then leaned forward while holding her legs. She then looked around to see if the people around her were doing alright, all the while trying not to think how high up she was right now.
[2] You fumble with the buckle, missing the hole every time you try to put it in... (giggity). You get really frustrated and start flailing at it with the buckle [6] which works, more or less. [9] You're about to get into the fetal position, when you remember the correct posture for a plane crash. You place your feet flat on the floor, your hands clamped and braced against the seat in front of you. Then you push your head against your hands. This way, all of the force will be diverted to the ground or the seat in front of you. You feel much safer. [5] You look around and see a guy trying to put on a coat. When you see him, your thoughts race to where you might be landing. Water? That's all that's between Argentina and South Africa... [1] When you think about where you're going to land, you compulsively calculate the distance you've traveled from the airport. You take into account the average flying height of a commercial airliner, how long it's been since takeoff, how much altitude would be lost from a prolonged forty-five degree turn... You arrive at the conclusion that you can't be more than another three or four thousand feet in the air, in a full spin, hurtling toward the ocean at near terminal velocity... Just seconds to go now... You brace your head against your hands again.

Enrico quickly buckle himself up and look around, shaking the sauerkraut man in the unlikely event he's still sleeping. "you should bukle up"  he say to him "not that it will help though... if this plane gonna crash, the chance of surviving are kinda... small..." he then simply look around
You [10] buckle yourself in with ease. [8] Looking around, you see a guy standing up and messing with the overhead compartment. The stewards and stewardesses are running to their designated buckle-in areas.  Looking over, you notice the guy next to you is already buckled in. [10] "You know, buckling in won't make much of a difference. In a crash, the chances of survival are very small." The man next to you frowns and appears to sink into depression.

Albert quickly yells F*** and buckles up. He prays furiously, although being an atheist, he doesn't know any prayers, and ends up spouting Gibberish with his head in his hands.
[3] You slowly yell "Fuuuuuudge!" The people around you look over briefly before going back to what they were doing (frantically buckling themselves in and panicking). [8] You follow in suit and buckle your seat-belt. You figure now might be a good time to pray...

[5] Uhh, God, I never ask for anything, ever. So... Let me live. Okay, thanks.

Hydro looks around. He's almost always buckled in, but I suppose he forgot to. He does so now. He notices the commotion and puts his headphones around his neck.
[2] Looking around, you see a bunch of people in a panic. People running left and right, fumbling to get their seatbelts on. You shrug and [10] put on your seat-belt with ease. [1] You think about taking your ear-buds out, but the music is just too awesome!

==================================================================

As the plane spins out of control, it gets harder and harder you to keep your grip. The centrifugal force feels like its pulling you out of your seats. Some people hurtle down the hallways, poor sods forgot to buckle in... Or got caught out of their seat... Two more flashes illuminate the windows and the plane rocks hard. A huge explosion can be heard from the back of the plane, which shifts its weight forward. As it does, the sound of rushing air can be heard from the tail section. It sounds like... The back of the plane is wide open... But that doesn't make sense... The oxygen masks fall from overhead. People begin flailing to put them on. The plane feels like it's tilting into a nose-dive. You have seconds to act. What do you do?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:32:55 pm by The Anus of Discontent »
Hey, look what I did!

The Hydro of Hydrovia

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »

Shrug and enjoy the ride.
DO YA WANNA PLAY A GAME?!!!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »

Damien moves out of hes seat quickly and rushing forward take the nearest empty seat near to the emergency exit and then lowers himself down and braces hes leg's quickly running over what he knows about impact's and trying to work out the best time to jump to avoid the impact entirely.

(( I wasnt intended to tuck my head down :) it's one of the tricks i picked up when i was younger and went to army cadets they taught us that in a hand to hand fight you should lower yourself into a crouch because it lowers your center of gravity and improves you balance and also allows you to put the full force of your body into an attack or to lunge a fair distance coming up ))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:43:52 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7