Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86225 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Jim:
Actual scum? That's a loaded term. You're going to have to say who these actual scum are.

Because like in BP2, it's not guaranteed that any usual scum team is the scum team here. It's possible Shakerag was not on any scumteam and was instead a... Lone Wolf. Meanwhile, Toaster and IronyOwl are both Templars, meaning they shared alignment and win condition, which, I don't know about you, sounds like a scumteam to me.

So your assertion that I haven't been looking for 'actual scum' is complete bullshit because your apparent assertion that werewolves are the scumteam has no basis in this game. You quickly jumping to that conclusion is strongly telling, i.e., any scum would want everyone to waste time looking for werewolves when there's a large variety hanging around. (Templars, Ghouls, Werewolves, and those are just the ones that have showed up so far. I wouldn't discount the possibility that there's a Vampire or a Necromancer, or even some other unseen scum present.)
What do you make of the Brotherhood that Deathsword belonged to?

Org: What exactly did Deathsword say about the templars? Also, what does your team want with the Tablet, wolfyboy?

Book: Here's what I know of the puzzle: There be wolves. Here are my suspicions: They're Org and Dariush.

Statue: Define "true majesty."

More later when I have free time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Book: Here's what I know of the puzzle: There be wolves. Here are my suspicions: They're Org and Dariush.
A passive agressive attack without any arguments. Nice. Riddle me this: 1) Why do you think I am a wolf? 2) Do you realize that if Org is a wolf, that means Tiruin is also lying about being contacted by Org (unless you think he is both a werewolf and can speak with the dead)? 3) When did Book infect you with stupidity? Why didn't you mention nor adress Tiruin (who just happens to be a resurrected SK, because I really can't stress that point enough) at all after you asked him that set of questions in #288?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Jim:
Actual scum? That's a loaded term. You're going to have to say who these actual scum are.

Because like in BP2, it's not guaranteed that any usual scum team is the scum team here. It's possible Shakerag was not on any scumteam and was instead a... Lone Wolf. Meanwhile, Toaster and IronyOwl are both Templars, meaning they shared alignment and win condition, which, I don't know about you, sounds like a scumteam to me.

So your assertion that I haven't been looking for 'actual scum' is complete bullshit because your apparent assertion that werewolves are the scumteam has no basis in this game. You quickly jumping to that conclusion is strongly telling, i.e., any scum would want everyone to waste time looking for werewolves when there's a large variety hanging around. (Templars, Ghouls, Werewolves, and those are just the ones that have showed up so far. I wouldn't discount the possibility that there's a Vampire or a Necromancer, or even some other unseen scum present.)

Org: What exactly did Deathsword say about the templars? Also, what does your team want with the Tablet, wolfyboy?

More later when I have free time.
That's a pretty wrong statement. I am not a wolf.
I am a town-aligned Warlock, as I have said.  Very suspicious mister Templar sir.

Deathsword said to seek out the Templars, because they want to destroy 'it'.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Jim:
So when I try the puzzle out, you shit on it, citing that I'm not voting and lynching scum.
When I vote and lynch scum, you shit on it, citing that I'm not trying to solve the puzzle.
Balderdash. I shat on you then because it didn't seem sincere (I didn't shit on other's explorations because they did seem sincere). I shit on you now because you've done absolutely fuck-all about it since, making your original exploration seem even more insincere.

How about you finish your claim first.
Sure, if the claiming thing gets going. I explicitly didn't call for full claims yet, merely to get people to claim something so we could start piecing clues together. I find it odd how much you are resisting it. Why?

Actual scum? That's a loaded term. You're going to have to say who these actual scum are. [...] It's possible Shakerag was not on any scumteam and was instead a... Lone Wolf.
Hmmm... didn't think of that. Has that ever happened? (the only "lone" thing I remember was Toaster being turned into a "Lone Vampire" once, but I forget the specifics).

However, Imiknorris seems to disagree. UI: please expand on your thoughts about this.

Meanwhile, Toaster and IronyOwl are both Templars, meaning they shared alignment and win condition, which, I don't know about you, sounds like a scumteam to me. So your assertion that I haven't been looking for 'actual scum' is complete bullshit[...]
Okay, so why haven't you been looking for Templars then, do you think they were all of them or are there more? Whoever the actual scum is, you haven't been looking for them.

And why not lynch Tiruin? You agree it's a good idea. If you will recall a Paranormal 21 [...] Do you know who is especially keen on reversing previous position when convenient and making flawed assertions when they see a need?
Since I agree it's a good idea, I'm not reversing my previous position, am I? But I don't think he's all the scum there is, and you jumping into it with both feet without even a modicum of interest to find other scum is very suspicious to me. Your "why do anything else? let's just lynch him!" is scummy and disingenuous.

To be clear: I'm fine if he hangs. I'm not fine with wasting the day discussion over it. Let's find whatever other scum remains. Let's figure out the puzzle.

Dariush:
Do you know who are especially keen on not lynching a SK on D3, without care for much discussion or giving an iota of attention to the aforementioned SK?
Heh. Turning my words on me only works if they apply. I'm fine with lynching Tiruin, and I've discussed it, so your attempt to seem smart comes off only as smug and dishonest.

puke shit.
Cute, but you didn't answer my questions. Please do:
Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but how about we use the day for something else as well? Do you have anything interesting to claim? Other suspicions? Do you think lynching Tiruin again is the path to victory?

Dariush: please answer the same questions.
Dishonest and fails to answer questions... you know what that means.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

There wasn't any, just my personal ploy to check on whether anyone is actually scumhunting. I am fairly disappointed by the result.

However, I find it strange that you're basing your case on me via posting restriction. Looking over D2, all that was to be accomplished were hints and tells from the yesterday, most of what was said being repeated and the lack of things being said coming back -- Shakerag's fault.

So you did a ploy with intent to deceive and you're surprised that people would have a problem with this.

You're an admitted liar, you were an SK, you're back, and you claim you're not hostile, but then we return back to the point where you're an admitted liar.

I don't see what there is to discuss.

It's possible he's the only member or there are more of them. The only way we really knew Templars were a team because two of them flipped. It's basically the same thing with werewolves. We don't know how many there are or if they died with Shakerag.

What do you make of Tiruin and how he's a lying liar who lies? And what do you make of his claim in the light of he's a lying liar?

2) Do you realize that if Org is a wolf, that means Tiruin is also lying about being contacted by Org (unless you think he is both a werewolf and can speak with the dead)?

Werewolves can have town roles. See: Any Supernatural with werewolves.

Off the top of my head, in Supernatural 5, Orangebottle was a Werewolf Priest. There are many more examples.

Balderdash. I shat on you then because it didn't seem sincere (I didn't shit on other's explorations because they did seem sincere). I shit on you now because you've done absolutely fuck-all about it since, making your original exploration seem even more insincere.

I voted a skeleton to see what it did, and then I carried it to fruition, getting exactly everything that I wanted out of it, including the fortuitous elimination of a hostile third party, and you want to tell me that that was insincere.

It's like you're clawing for any argument to call me scum.

Sure, if the claiming thing gets going. I explicitly didn't call for full claims yet, merely to get people to claim something so we could start piecing clues together. I find it odd how much you are resisting it. Why?

Because I want to be certain your intentions aren't those of blatant rolefishing, which they seem to be considering that you're not pushing Imiknorris for claims. Why don't you care about him? Doesn't make sense if you want clues about what's going on to entirely exclude a single player from the discussion.

Regardless, I have no interesting claims and I'm not currently willing to reveal my role.

Hmmm... didn't think of that. Has that ever happened? (the only "lone" thing I remember was Toaster being turned into a "Lone Vampire" once, but I forget the specifics).

Not in a normal, non-bastard version of Supernatural, no.

Okay, so why haven't you been looking for Templars then, do you think they were all of them or are there more? Whoever the actual scum is, you haven't been looking for them.

Oh, maybe it's because, derp herp, we only knew they were a team today.

I love it how you continue to fail to qualify who the actual scum are. Without qualification, your assertion is weak and pathetic.

Since I agree it's a good idea, I'm not reversing my previous position, am I? But I don't think he's all the scum there is, and you jumping into it with both feet without even a modicum of interest to find other scum is very suspicious to me. Your "why do anything else? let's just lynch him!" is scummy and disingenuous.

To be clear: I'm fine if he hangs. I'm not fine with wasting the day discussion over it. Let's find whatever other scum remains. Let's figure out the puzzle.

But you're not prioritizing the elimination of a kill above finding other scum, which is a marked departure from your previous stance in other games.

I.E., yo meta is diffrent, scummdog

So what do you make of Tiruin deliberately lying in his claim, as well as him admitting to it? You haven't said a fucking word about Tiruin besides that you think it's a good idea to lynch him, but you're not voting him for some reason. It's almost like you're dancing around the issue because you want to avoid it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

There wasn't any, just my personal ploy to check on whether anyone is actually scumhunting. I am fairly disappointed by the result.

However, I find it strange that you're basing your case on me via posting restriction. Looking over D2, all that was to be accomplished were hints and tells from the yesterday, most of what was said being repeated and the lack of things being said coming back -- Shakerag's fault.

So you did a ploy with intent to deceive and you're surprised that people would have a problem with this.

You're an admitted liar, you were an SK, you're back, and you claim you're not hostile, but then we return back to the point where you're an admitted liar.

I don't see what there is to discuss.
Now you strawman me into a general liar. The only thing I lied about was the post restriction to see how many people would use that as a reason. You and Dariush jumped at that, though, seeing your first post on me.

And I don't see why you don't want to discuss, other than pointing everyone onto me because of a generalist statement other than what I was exactly pointing to.

Humor me, Dariush. Same goes for you, Jim. The only proof you say I have, is my word, yet you believe what I said on being a Ghoul. Non-sequitur.
Wrong. I believed Meph's word when he said that you are a Ghoul. Just because you also say you are a Ghoul does not make it not so. You'll never out-logic me, you fat bastard.

Also, why did you throw in an accusation of non-sequitur if you don't even know what that means?
Thanks for trying to goad me, but it won't work, handsome.

So you're under the impression that I'm a Ghoul. Understandable.

Then you say that you're against me just because I am a Ghoul.

...Now that is bias.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All right. I've been mulling this over for a bit, and either we're boned or I really should not be playing. So I'm just going to give you all an infodump for the moment, and then try to figure out the puzzle tomorrow.

I'm the final Templar. Our goal is to destroy the Tablet of Nung-Amur. We have a group action - a roleblock. Toaster used it on Org N1 and Book N2.

I am a generic Templar. I am immune to conversion by cults, and I have a kill (used on Deathsword N1 and Dariush N2 [the latter was protected]).

There are three Factions in this game: The werewolves, the Templars, and the Brotherhood of the Golden Vial. Presumably they each consist of three players. There is no "town" or "scum" in a traditional sense - simply a trio of warring factions and a couple third parties to round out the player list.

The Brotherhood consists of Deathsword, Dariush, and Jim Groovester.
The werewolves are Shakerag, Org, and Bookthras.

So, which of you chumps killed my partners? How the fuck did you do it (because seriously, "immune to attacks at night" is not very open to interpretation)?

What do your groups each want with the Tablet?

Tiruin, what is your (flavor) reason for being here?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I was your damned guide who led you to this room, as I'm a resident of the Necropolis. All I want is to get to the tablet regardless of any people in the way, now.

Also, no wonder Dariush and Jim are being tunnelers on me.

So...1 Devil (third party), 1 Ghoul (Third party) and the rest are two teams...Two more orbs to go.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...1 Devil (third party), 1 Ghoul (Third party) and the rest are two teams...Two more orbs to go.
Three teams.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

All right. I've been mulling this over for a bit, and either we're boned or I really should not be playing. So I'm just going to give you all an infodump for the moment, and then try to figure out the puzzle tomorrow.

I'm the final Templar. Our goal is to destroy the Tablet of Nung-Amur. We have a group action - a roleblock. Toaster used it on Org N1 and Book N2.

I am a generic Templar. I am immune to conversion by cults, and I have a kill (used on Deathsword N1 and Dariush N2 [the latter was protected]).

There are three Factions in this game: The werewolves, the Templars, and the Brotherhood of the Golden Vial. Presumably they each consist of three players. There is no "town" or "scum" in a traditional sense - simply a trio of warring factions and a couple third parties to round out the player list.

The Brotherhood consists of Deathsword, Dariush, and Jim Groovester.
The werewolves are Shakerag, Org, and Bookthras.

So, which of you chumps killed my partners? How the fuck did you do it (because seriously, "immune to attacks at night" is not very open to interpretation)?

What do your groups each want with the Tablet?

IronyOwl was able to be killed due to a Werewolf Flanker. Made the kill unblockable. Bypassed protection.
Werewolves did not kill Toaster, was someone else.

Shake wanted the tablet I think for some form of redemption, and we were just part of his group.

But yeah, hoooooow did you figure this out? Templars given specific info?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deduction: There were three known affiliations (wolves, brotherhood, templars) and at least one was three people. Additionally, there were two known third parties. That would mean that either the other factions are single players (in which case they'd probably not be given as alignments) or that there was a maximum of two townies. That setup would be extremely town-hostile, so it made more sense for each team to be the same size and there to be no town whatsoever.

IronyOwl was able to be killed due to a Werewolf Flanker. Made the kill unblockable. Bypassed protection.
Werewolves did not kill Toaster, was someone else.
But Toaster was the kill-immune one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Oh?
Still, wasn't werewolves.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

The Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: Bookthras
Org: Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin
Tiruin: Dariush, Jim Groovester, Org

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

There are three Factions in this game: The werewolves, the Templars, and the Brotherhood of the Golden Vial.
That... makes a surprising amount of sense. Well done. It explains a lot, like why people are reluctant to claim and why everyone seems scummy.

Unfortunately, it doesn't explain the "true Majesty" bit, and a couple of other minor points (like who the fuck revived Tiruin? why would anyone do that? no, I don't really buy that self-revival thing). It also kind of limits the options for the day game, since unless someone has evidence against your theory, people will just clam up.

So I guess the thing to do is lynch Tiruin and see what transpires for tomorrow.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: Bookthras
Org: Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin
Tiruin: Dariush, Jim Groovester, Org

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

Ahem.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31