Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86254 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - The Trials have Begun
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

Here now.

Toaster and Bookthras: I do not currently have a real suspect (as in: enough to warrant a vote), but from what I've gathered, Book tends to consider experimentation in bastards importat, yet he attacks Jim for voting the skeleton while completly ignoring Tiruin voting the statue. This seems a bit strange. Book, why complain about Jim's vote and not Tiruin's?

That said, I'm very curious to see what happens when The Skeleton touches the orb. I guess whomever has the most votes (skeleton aside) should be the one to make it's hand touch the orb.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2012, 02:51:08 pm »

Book tends to consider experimentation in bastards importat, yet he attacks Jim for voting the skeleton while completly ignoring Tiruin voting the statue. This seems a bit strange. Book, why complain about Jim's vote and not Tiruin's?
Really dude? Really? Are you just going to parrot someone else's argument, while ignoring my answer already given to the exact same question not a dozen posts ago? Quoted here for your reading pleasure:

It seemed to me his vote of the skeleton was not a sincere attempt to learn anything, but merely to waste time, given he didn't ask questions (to Meph) or stated a purpose or expected it to do anything.
How was it wasting time if it was done in RANDOM vote stage while the rest of his post is game-relevant content?  I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.
At the time it seemed suspect because he merely voted without adding anything (like questions to the mod or related flavour), and explicitly said he didn't expect it to work. I didn't consider it wasteful from the outset, I merely asked him "What do you hope to accomplish by this?" to which he replied basically "nothing", so I concluded he did it only to waste time. Why else do something you expect will accomplish nothing?

Tiruin, on the other hand, at least added some context to his flavour exploration, added some questions and speculation. It didn't seem wasteful in comparison. Only Jim's actually had an effect, though, so it wasn't wasteful after all. No big secret here.

That said, I'm very curious to see what happens when The Skeleton touches the orb. I guess whomever has the most votes (skeleton aside) should be the one to make it's hand touch the orb.
Again, really? Are you going to parrot the same thought again, even though it has already been answered by Meph that yes, whoever has the most votes (skeleton aside) will be the one touching it?

Vote Deathsword until he has an original thought. Also dude, I asked you to ask a question of Org and IronyOwl. An original one, please.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »

ZU:  Welcome aboard!  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?
This post. Shakerag's non-explained vote and subsequent withdrawal is a close second.
Zombie: as Bottle's replacement, what is your take on this? Do you stand by your predecessor's conclusions?
Its discovery is probably somewhat important. And no, I think figuring out the puzzle is important, though less so than scumhunting.
I answered the others. I skipped the orb one because it was idiotic, but here's the answer: I conjured it out of thin air through the power of flavour!
Huh? Can you explain this?
zombie urist: You are that skeleton, are you not?  :o
Nevertheless, to what degree of suspicion does the presence of that NPC present to you?
No I am not. What was the point of that question? I think the skeleton is important to the puzzle.
I have a good feeling that whoever holds the skeleton will share his fate.
So, should we go for both someone and a skeleton? What if the skeleton is the only one who goes?
Almost a waste.
A good feeling? Why good?
Toaster and Bookthras: I do not currently have a real suspect (as in: enough to warrant a vote), but from what I've gathered, Book tends to consider experimentation in bastards importat, yet he attacks Jim for voting the skeleton while completly ignoring Tiruin voting the statue. This seems a bit strange. Book, why complain about Jim's vote and not Tiruin's?
Nice bandwagon. Don't you also want to see what happens when a living person touches the orb?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2012, 03:30:31 pm »

zombie urist: You are that skeleton, are you not?  :o

Nevertheless, to what degree of suspicion does the presence of that NPC present to you?

Did you just ask zombie urist how much he suspected the skeleton?

Because Bookthras asked me the same question and I laughed at him. I will do the same to you.

That's stupid, you're stupid.

But really, this is possibly one of the least useful questions you could've asked.

Anyway, are you thinking of keeping that vote on the skeleton or moving that vote?

Keep it there, of course.

Bookthras:
So like the other games Meph made, other than scumhunting, you say that flavor is an aide to winning?

Goodness gracious, you are asking nothing but useless questions.

Bookthras' opinion on the importance of flavor is well known. Even if it wasn't well known, he's already talked about in this game.

You are doing nothing.

I love it when players post useless fluff instead of actually doing anything useful. It makes it easy to pick out who the scum are, or whatever passes for scum in this game. Like you!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »

Also, Org,

I don't know, although I don't think the Skeleton is one of true Majesty.
...unless the Skeleton was the Emperor?

What do you think?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »

Also, Org,

I don't know, although I don't think the Skeleton is one of true Majesty.
...unless the Skeleton was the Emperor?

What do you think?

Probably isn't the Emperor, was just a passing thought. The Tomb would be built for the Emperor, how would he end up not in some sort of Sarcophagus or whatnot?
And as Meph said, he doesn't have any gold or anything.
Probably just a warning of what happens to those not pure of heart or whatnot.

@ZU: It seems like the Orbs would know that the guys already dead, especially if I am right that the Orbs do something with one's soul or something and leave the bone-bits minus the flesh if someone is pure of heart.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

Book:
Book tends to consider experimentation in bastards importat, yet he attacks Jim for voting the skeleton while completly ignoring Tiruin voting the statue. This seems a bit strange. Book, why complain about Jim's vote and not Tiruin's?
Really dude? Really? Are you just going to parrot someone else's argument, while ignoring my answer already given to the exact same question not a dozen posts ago? Quoted here for your reading pleasure:

It seemed to me his vote of the skeleton was not a sincere attempt to learn anything, but merely to waste time, given he didn't ask questions (to Meph) or stated a purpose or expected it to do anything.
How was it wasting time if it was done in RANDOM vote stage while the rest of his post is game-relevant content?  I think you're trying to make something out of nothing.
At the time it seemed suspect because he merely voted without adding anything (like questions to the mod or related flavour), and explicitly said he didn't expect it to work. I didn't consider it wasteful from the outset, I merely asked him "What do you hope to accomplish by this?" to which he replied basically "nothing", so I concluded he did it only to waste time. Why else do something you expect will accomplish nothing?

Tiruin, on the other hand, at least added some context to his flavour exploration, added some questions and speculation. It didn't seem wasteful in comparison. Only Jim's actually had an effect, though, so it wasn't wasteful after all. No big secret here.

Again, really? Are you going to parrot the same thought again, even though it has already been answered by Meph that yes, whoever has the most votes (skeleton aside) will be the one touching it?

Vote Deathsword until he has an original thought. Also dude, I asked you to ask a question of Org and IronyOwl. An original one, please.

Why do you want me to question those two specifically? Are you trying to divert attention from yourself? If you want a question to them so badly, why not ask them yourself?

Meph didn't say specifically that the one with the most votes will be the one to make the skeleton touch it. He also suggested that someone may volunteer to handle the skeleton even if they are not about to be lynched. I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's best if whomever has the most votes should handle the skeleton.

So before Meph revealed Jim's action had an effect you thought his action was wasteful, yet Tiruin's was not. Why? Because Tiruin was more verbose about it?

I think you are simply trying to wave me off due to my newbie status. Or trying to make me look like noobscum to get an easy lynch.

ZU: Care to elaborate why a vote on the skeleton is a bandwagon?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2012, 06:01:00 pm »

You put the 3rd vote on a guy who can't defend himself with no new reasons. This also makes it look like you aren't trying to find scum.

@ZU: It seems like the Orbs would know that the guys already dead, especially if I am right that the Orbs do something with one's soul or something and leave the bone-bits minus the flesh if someone is pure of heart.
Wait what? Where did this come from?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »

Zombie:
I answered the others. I skipped the orb one because it was idiotic, but here's the answer: I conjured it out of thin air through the power of flavour!
Huh? Can you explain this?
It relates to my earlier flavour explorations after it became clear Meph would answer flavourful questions. Here is the exchange with context restored:

Look at the Orb pedestals, is there room for a fifth one? Oh, looky here, Book reaches into his bag and pulls out an Orb, identical to the ones standing on the pedestals. Can I build a pedestal from the pebbles here and place my Orb on it?
what the hell was up with that orb? Why do you even have it?
I conjured it out of thin air through the power of flavour!
Clearly, I was testing Meph out, and seeing if maybe we could add an extra day to the game. Unfortunately, my orb turned out to be a fake, smaller, and a bit dented. 8-/

Org:
Org, Deathsword, IronyOwl: please get more involved, give your top suspicions and/or puzzle-related ideas, and ask each other a question.

Deathsword:
Why do you want me to question those two specifically? [...] If you want a question to them so badly, why not ask them yourself?
Because they, along with you, have been the least involved so far. I want to hear everyone talking, not just a few players. I want you to ask them an original question because I want to see how your mind works. I want them to ask one of you to see how you respond. I want to see how you interact with them, and see you become involved in the game.

Are you trying to divert attention from yourself?
Heh. Yeah, sure, that sounds like me.

I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's best if whomever has the most votes should handle the skeleton.
Not an original opinion, but you also managed to miss who should have the most votes so they can handle the skeleton. Voting the skeleton (apparently) is no better than voting nobody, as only the non-skeleton/non-nobody target with most votes will be lynched (with or without the skeleton's help). Who do you think should be lynched and why?

So before Meph revealed Jim's action had an effect you thought his action was wasteful, yet Tiruin's was not. Why? Because Tiruin was more verbose about it?
Yeah, but change "verbose" for "context/purpose", as I said in the very post you quote. In any case, I was wrong to think so; since it did have an effect, neither was wasteful. Are you suggesting something else? Is there something odd about having questioned whether he was sincere with it if I doubted he was? Or about not questioning Tiruin's (and everyone else's) attempts? What is your reason to repeat once again the same argument made by others and asking questions already answered?

I think you are simply trying to wave me off due to my newbie status. Or trying to make me look like noobscum to get an easy lynch.
No. I don't care if you're a newbie or not, I only care how you are playing the game. If you fail to get involved at all, then appear five minutes after your name is called only to parrot people's arguments, and then pass the buck on who should be lynched to "whoever has the most votes"... it reads to me like finding scum isn't a priority for you.

Still not a single original thought. Please contribute something new, and do please ask an original question each to Org and IronyOwl (or any other two players of your choice, but then I may become of the opinion you are intentionally avoiding these two).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2012, 06:26:37 pm »

Oh ok. I thought you "flavored" the orb out of thin air. Why don't you answer Dariush's questions about your orb?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:24 pm »

What do you mean? Which question remains unanswered?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

"Also, what the hell was up with that orb? Why do you even have it?"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2012, 06:47:24 pm »

You put the 3rd vote on a guy who can't defend himself with no new reasons. This also makes it look like you aren't trying to find scum.

Wait what? Where did this come from?
Isn't this the point of Day One of a Bastard?
It's my own theory.

My theory is that perhaps one has to leave behind their body after an Orb is activated, which is a sacrifice.
I don't really know, that's why it is a theory.
I'm saying that we should be sure that who we want lynched is the guy to press the Skeleton's hand if it happens to ignore Mr. Skelly.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

The Tally Sheet
Bookthras: Dariush, zombie urist
Dariush: IronyOwl, Tiruin
Deathsword: Bookthras
Toaster: Hapah
Skeleton: Deathsword, Jim Groovester, Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »

Goddammit, am I not speaking English? Did I turn invisible or something?

Zombie:
"Also, what the hell was up with that orb? Why do you even have it?"
I answered this clearly: I had it because I conjured it up in flavour. You can have one too, they're free. What was up with it? Just testing Meph. It turned out not to be a real orb. Both were obvious from the original context (when I made them) and in the reply to you with context restored. How is this unanswered? You even said "oh, ok"... what did you mean by that if you thought the question was unanswered?

Org: for the third time: please give your top suspicions and/or puzzle-related ideas, and ask IronyOwl and Deathsword a question.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31