Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires - 1.0 release October 26th  (Read 253284 times)

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires - Gaslamp Studios makes a colony builder!
« Reply #1020 on: March 27, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »

If the "horses" are obviously mechanical and have long barding that reaches the ground, they'd probably look fine just sliding around like some steampunk equine K-9/dalek.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 27, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »

haha awesome.  It's not a bad idea - we'll consider it, but we're also trying not to do normal animal things because unusual ones are cool :)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 27, 2014, 07:46:40 pm »

Sorry for the comments on the blog Daniel, I explained it a bit more there.

Citizen Daniel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 27, 2014, 08:08:06 pm »

All good, there's a comment section for a reason :)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:29 pm »

David was on a podcast hosted by a guy I went to school with. http://www.upup.fm/show/filled-up-with-cabbage

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 29, 2014, 12:15:27 am »

haha awesome.  It's not a bad idea - we'll consider it, but we're also trying not to do normal animal things because unusual ones are cool :)
So... clockwork capybara mounts then?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 29, 2014, 04:37:16 am »

Hrm, Daniel.  A question for you.  Where do you live that seeing a horse in full barding is normal?

*grin*

At the same time, I think I understand what you mean.  A real, biological horse isn't going to deal with the weight of a steampunk armored mass of human knight though.  Not unless it's a percheron, and the knight is about five feet tall.

I'm certainly not going to suggest that you use something *too* much like this, but here's an example of something which might get creative juices flowing.  What would I do?  Remove nubile females.  Add stone gargoyles.  Remove electronic-high-tech things, add steampunk things.  Remove hover propulsion, add a bunch of legs.

Viola.  Steampunk knight riding their mechanical horseshoe crabs festooned with gothic statuary into battle.  Maybe the idea of gothic themed gargoyles is too much?  *whistles innocently*
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »

I feel like whoever made that subscribed to the Dishonored school of worldbuilding.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 30, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »

Other way around. Lol.  RIFTs came first, so the Dishonored School of Worldbuilding was based upon it.  RIFTs always did remind me of GURPs, though, if in a totally fanciful way.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 30, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »

I was more referring to the liberal mixing of influences.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:58 am »

SSShhh.. Do you really want Siembieda to sue Toady just for reference of his game. Also, he might sue Dishonored because of your reference, and dont you dare get started on an idea that he used for part of another point of his world. (ie. robotic horses.)

ON the lighter side, and less snap lawsuits with the slightest connection to some game creator's product, anything could be used if its a clock-work/gas-lamp/steampunk style of game. It would be interesting to use a random generator for that or possibly some mad scientist's idea of cavalry. Hell you could put clock work tanks and mechs!!!!! 
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 31, 2014, 03:42:53 am »

Clockwork ants.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 31, 2014, 08:38:48 am »

Clockwork llamas.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:06 am »

Clockwork Oranges

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 31, 2014, 11:55:39 am »

I see what you did there!

Even if you got rid of all the gargoyles and whatnot, I still like the idea of clockwork horseshoe crabs.

What other animal has ten eyes, in six different places scattered around it's body?  Seriously, it doesn't get much weirder than the horseshoe crab.  Besides which, you can't see their legs move (graphics easy mode!) and their tail makes it so that the knight has a lance facing both forward, and back!

Then there's the whole thing where 'horse' is part of it's name :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 105