Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33882 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Shouldn't the 2 have been his defense roll? I think I actually came out on top there, well, moreso.

'Y'Shaarj eglaralo!'

Fear, Overwhelming!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Shouldn't the 2 have been his defense roll? I think I actually came out on top there, well, moreso.

I guess that was a bit confusing, that roll was the power of your attack not his defense roll. Should've probably done a defense roll instead but oh well.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thale nods towards Lyri as he avoids the beast's attack, preparing to attack once more. His strong, lean muscles tense and ready themselves for another small burst of movement, his recent exercises springing into his mind.
"Squidman is attacking a human. We need to help the human after we are done with this one."

The temporarily loss of his armor is a potential problem when having to deal with an enemy in such short notice, but at least it made him lighter and quicker, even if the only thing protecting his innards now happen to be his torso's scarred muscles, which admittedly seem to feel more resilient and robust since his mental training has started to show results.

Dash and try to grab the ribs of the wounded creature through its flesh, pushing the bones through it before tearing them off and ripping the beast apart.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Lyri nodded with a grunt, seeing as how close the beast came to hurting her. This thing was dangerous, and an obstacle to their quest of the Chaosfaction.

It needed to be brought down.

Seeing Thale's stance, she assumed he was aiming for the general torso of the creature -- the head wasn't a viable option anymore, and her paws itched to gouge out the creature's eyes for it's impudence...but this will have to do.

Act on that hunch, aid Thale in his attempt!

"Neko-san! Drop the hammer!"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Proceed back into the temple, looking for anything of value to me as I walk the corridors.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:19:18 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

You do know he's mine, right?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Dammit. Editing...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

McCoy takes off his hat, dusting it off before placing it delicately  on the ground.

'Well seems you ain't no normal squid-thing. I still don't really know what your problem is but your beginning to get on my nerves.

Perform cartwheel while firing harpoons at the squid-man.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit it in the spine with my War Hammer.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Continue on, be wary of danger.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Turn 17

Fear, Overwhelming!

(5) After seeing his weapon go off, you think that it might not be the greatest of ideas to let yourself be hit by one of his harpoons, so you decide to at least temporarily incapitate him instead of the difficult task of just straight-up commandeering his mind. Vouching for one of the stronger abilities in psionics, you decide to induce illusions within his mind in order to control his thoughts. As you close your eyes, you open your mind's eye, causing you to see the world in a tone of near-blackish blue, the man ahead of you glowing in a bright teal. As you look at him, you can see a flame burning in his head where his brain would be located. Reaching out for him with your thoughts, you notice a blue chain emerging from yourself and heading towards his head. As the chain reaches the fire, you can feel his mind and see parts of his thoughts and memories rushing before you. Knowing that this is too much information to process, you quickly find the important part of his mind, the one that controls emotions. You focus and start to channel terrifying images of eldritch creatures much worse than yourself into his brain, taking care not to accidentally cause him to go insane. The massive influx of images start to irritate his senses and as you finish up, you break the chain and open your actual eyes again to see him cowering in fear on the ground, a panicked look on his face.
Ability gained: Ethereal Chains

Perform cartwheel while firing harpoons at the squid-man.

(2) Putting down your hat, you make a quick statement about how much this squid is starting to get on your nerves. Deciding to put an end to him with some fancy trickery, you get ready to flip over and fire a harpoon in its face. But before you have a chance to do so, you notice some odd purple-bluish aura emanating from the squid-man. The next thing you know, you find yourself in utter blackness. Looking around you, absolutely nothing comes into view. Suddenly, a growing circle emerges below you, creating a alien landscape as it grows. The bigger and bigger it becomes, the more unspeakable horrors emerge. Even the land itself invades your mind as it fails to process the non-euclidean geometry. It's at that point that you look up and see the sky. Immediately you black out, your real-world body cowering on the ground in a state of panic.

Hit it in the spine with my War Hammer.

(2) With your hammer in your hands again, you decide to finish the beast off with a targeted hit to its massive back. You stare at your target, your feline teeth showing as you focus on a good opportunity to jump on its back and strike the final blow, but that chance doesn't seem to come along as the creature starts to thrash around violently, swinging its tail-mace around and forcing you to dodge it several times.

Act on that hunch, aid Thale in his attempt!

(2) Noticing that Thale seems to be planning something to take out the beast, you decide to do your best to assist him. Waiting for him to make the first move, you notice that the creature seems to have become extremely agitated, most likely due to the recent loss of its head and thereby its ability to see its prey. The beast starts whipping around its tail blindly, hoping to hit anything in its path, several times coming very closely to hitting you and Thale. As you are about to confer with Thale on what to do, he jumps towards the monster and you look on as he goes to work.

Dash and try to grab the ribs of the wounded creature through its flesh, pushing the bones through it before tearing them off and ripping the beast apart.

(6) As your rush of adrenaline starts to wear off, you feel a bit weakened, but the beast still stands and it must be felled before you can even think of taking a rest or helping the unfortunate human who's having a battle with Derm. The monster infront of you starts to throw its tail around in wide arcs while dancing in circles, apparently desperate in its attempt to smash its foes. You wait for the right moment and, completely forgetting that Lyri is standing next to you and waiting to help, you rush in, jumping at the beast and sliding beneath its body. At the exact point in time when you reach the creature's underside, you put your feet on the ground and push yourself off, throwing your fist forward with all your might. As your hand impacts the monster's skin, a loud crunching sound is heard as it breaks the skin and rams through its body. Your entire arm rips through its flesh until you feel your hand impacting its bone. Ignoring the pain, you grab what you presume to be its spine and, pushing yourself off of it with your legs, start to pull it out, using your other hand to pull in the opposite direction. Veins pop up all over your body from the massive exertion until you hear the final sound of a massive rip, the beast's back breaking in two and its entire body being split along a line. You land on the ground with a loud thud, as the monster's two halves crash into the ground around you, the creature finally slain. As you come back to your senses, you start to feel extremely exhausted and you notice that you seem to have broken several bones in your right hand as you punched through the monster with it.

Get Sen to follow me.

(5) "Sen, get over here. Now." Hearing the voice of its master, the little bat perks up its ears and immediately ceases playing with the green man. Picking itself up from the ground, the little pet floats over to you with a wide grin on its face as you sigh at your probable future problems with this creature. It does appear though that his attentiveness and obedience have improved a little, so maybe he'll refrain from doing such silly things when he has a job to do. Nevertheless, you start to make your way down the staircase, Sen flying next to you, using his tail to light up the way.

Proceed back into the temple, looking for anything of value to me as I walk the corridors.

(3) As you hear Sigarial call over, the little bat you've been playing with gets up and flies over to its master, who waves over for you to enter the temple. Slightly disheartened that the bat isn't your pet instead, you get up and make your way over there. Noticing that the little creature seems to double as a light-source, you follow your team-mates down the stairs.

Continue on, be wary of danger.

(3) Oh, these old bones, how they ache. Waiting for Sigarial to make his way to you with his little flying lamp, you see Barmot approach as well. As they come down to you, you complain to them about how much your spine hurts and that they shouldn't make an old man wait. "Darn whipper-snappers," you think as the three of you make your way down the stairs.

As the three of you walk down the stairs, you notice that the further down you continue, the less cracks there are on the walls and everything becomes less overgrown. After around a minute of walking, you reach the bottom of the staircase, the walls around you being in near pristine condition now. Ahead of you lies a simple straight corridor. You start to walk down this hallway, continuing deeper into this place. After about another minute, you see a light in the distance. Increasing your pace a little due to this intriguing discovery, you quickly reach the end of the hallway and, to your surprise, the end of the walkway as well. Nearly falling off due to your quick pace, you notice that the path seems to end just in time before falling down into what appears to be an endless abyss. Leaning out of the hallway, you see no walls in any direction around you but forward. Looking ahead, there seem to be two torches next to a doorway leading into the wall opposite of you. However, there appears to be no pathway whatsoever to get there.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

So much for the entire "on schedule" thing. I spent almost a week at the beach without internet for my uncle's wedding, but now I should be able to do turns regularly again. As long as there aren't anymore interruptions. :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:38:02 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Derm flagellumed a smirk. 'And now, the end.'

Aquire food from McCoy.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Sen, go down there and see if you can find the floor. If you can't find it, fly back up here."

Order Sen down into the Abyss and watch to see if there's a floor.

Also, yay teammate killing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:01:40 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's not my team mate. I've never seen the guy. As far as I know this is just some dude who lives here and knows about the area.

Of course if you want to be meta...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The CD should have been updated, please. Also, can I use his spine as a whip?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25