Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33886 times)

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Turn 15

Lay low for now, as to not cause any more injuries upon myself. Maybe bust down a wall or chop something every once and a while to keep my masculinity levels up.

(4) Not wanting to injure your arm any further, although that seems quite unlikely with your stiff cast, you just try to keep yourself out of trouble. Still wanting to appear as a manly man orc though, you show off your strength by chopping down some trees with your good arm every few minutes.

Try again!

(2+1) This free meal shall not get away! As he is standing in front of his house, you turn to him and attempt to fry his brain again. Concentrating even harder this time, you stare at his head and attempt to transmit mind-controlling waves into his brain. Yes, you can feel it working, you can see his face turning into a frown as his brain is taken over by ... a slight headache. Maybe people from other worlds are more resistant to psionics or you're just a bit out of practice.

Clasp the amulet in my left hand, and conjure a Corinus incase of dangers within the temple.

(2) Not wanting to enter this dark temple without some kind of way to defend yourself, you grasp your amulet in the bones of your left hand and decide to create another Corinus to fuel your spells. Everything goes black around you as you focus on collecting the necessary souls, however, you notice the apparent lack of floating spirits to collect. This area seems to be completely lacking any kind of residual life energy. Wondering what might be the cause of this, you stare into the seemingly endless corridor of the temple.

Attempt to summon a torch from hell.

(5) Thinking that some problems may arise from a lack of sight within the building, you decide to create some form of light source to guide the way. Calling upon your dark side, you attempt to establish a connection with the lower depths and conjure up a torch to light up the path ahead. As you concentrate, you create a small pentagram-shaped summoning circle on the ground in front of you. Your eyes start to glow a little as a thin reddish beam emerges from your chest and enters the center of the circle. The lines flare up in a crimson red and little cracks form in the ground beneath it, a purple-colored shine  emerging from them. A black gap opens up on the ground, enveloping and dimming out the circle. From the abyss, a small candle-like creature emerges. The creature appears to be a ball-shaped bat with a tail, which holds a small flame. The little beast flies up to your face, displaying you a smiling face complete with little vampire teeth and glowing, red eyes. It stares at you with its wide smile, seemingly awaiting orders. ((Name your pokem- ... your demon!))

McCoy will investigate his shack, if followed by illithid then replace his eyes with harpoons.

(4) Ranting about the destruction of your shack's front door, you feel a mild headache coming on, but you manage to mostly ignore it. Looking through your little house, you see a certain absence of tools and medical supplies. It seems that someone went through your stuff. Walking out of the house for a breath of fresh air, you see that the squid man seems to be wearing a backpack. Your backpack.

Track the Illithid and move to him.

(5) After some small-talk with Lyri and a rather unexpected response on her side, you're feeling a lot better now. Deciding to get back to work, you notice a scent that seems appears to belong to some rotting sea creature and Derm seems to be in the same direction. You head towards the source of the smell, caught up in your own thoughts and feelings. Walking through the forest, you soon find yourself at the beach, apparently having daydreamed the whole way. Looking around, you notice that Lyri and Sunbeam seem to be missing, when you suddenly hear a loud growl and some shouts from somewhere behind you.

Gallop behind teammates.
Quote from: Tiruin
Follow Thale. ((I assume Lyri would stick with him anyways.))

(TCM: 1, Tiruin: 1) As Thale wanders off, Lyri walks next to him, looking at him as he seems to be lost in thought. Meanwhile Sunbeam is somehow galloping (without having hooves) after the other two, staying closely behind them. For some reason the Thale seems to be speeding up, going through thicker brushes and thickets. As he keeps going ahead, Sunbeam trips over a large branch due to her odd form of movement and Lyri walks back to help her up. Looking at her leg, it appears to be scratched but otherwise fine. At that moment, a loud howling is heard, accompanied by the sound of rustling leaves and brushes. Suddenly something very large flies out from behind a nearby overgrown wall of trees. Landing on the ground next to you, the impact of the creature creates small tremors. The beast, standing at about twice the size of Lyri, is held up by two double-jointed legs, each featuring three sharp looking claws. The upper body of the upper body of the beast is completely covered in fur, a few spikes protruding from its spine. Its head seems to be completely disconnected from its body, the skull looking like that of a large reptile and with a set of horns pointing forward like those of a bull. Beyond its legs, the only other limb it appears to have is some kind of odd-looking tail, a large dodecahedron heading it, presumably serving as a mace. The monster opens its mouth and lets out a deafening, spit-filled growl in your direction. You assume that it is not friendly.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

Sorry about the delay, something came up yesterday. Anyways, glad to see all that rp-ing, it may play some part in the story later, depending on how this all develops. :P
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:44:44 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Lol@double1s.

Also, shouldn't I be the master of the bat?

"Huh, I expected something more mundane. But you'll do fine. Just... don't smile too much: It's creepy." Sigarial said to the ball-thing, mostly apathetically, gesturing for the little thing to go away from his face.

"I suppose you need a name, don't you. Well, your new name is Sen, unless you already have a name?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Erp, forgot my action  :P Well, you got it and thanks V!))

Lyri stood up slowly, keeping her gaze locked with the creature's eyes. She tapped Sunbeam's hand as a sign of concern before taking a deep breath.

What in blazes is this monstrosity?!

She slid her right foot to the side, putting herself in an open stance as she gestured to the creature along with a shout.

"We mean you no harm!"

Advanced Action: If creature attacks, dodge then try to flank it but only if Sunbeam attacks.

If she doesn't attack, turn on heel and run along with her to Thale's...last known position.

Lyri could feel fear welling up in her. At least...she knew Thale was alright.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Derm glared. 'I've not had a challenge like this in a while. No matter. Your mind is not your own. Submit, and succumb to the darkness!'

Psionic Shockwave!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Bump. How did this get to page 2 so quickly? O.o

Also, shouldn't I be the master of the bat?

Fixed that, for some reason I thought that adwarf summoned it because Necromancer and all that.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit it over the head with my warhammer!

"Hyah!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Son, I usually like to solve my problems with words but it looks like you really need to learn some manners.

Harpoon cannon squid-man in the face.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm going to post, haven't exactly forgotten.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Odd, very odd indeed ... Now that you've managed to summon up some light let us go forth, though don't be expecting much help from me. My powers I know of do not work here, and despite my obviously handsome figure I am getting along in the years." Nefarious said before beginning to walk into the temple, his small frame using the branch as if it was a walking stick.

Venture forth into the temple with our new teammate and begin to look for what is negating my powers.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No kidding, you look about as bony as the undead Baron Illach likes to summon when he's bored and wants to practice his boulder throwing abilities."

Follow the skeleton!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As soon as he arrived at the scene, he could see the squid-man antagonizing a human and acting like a typical villain while the human prepared to defend himself. Thale's mind sparked and his legs shifted, assuming an almost feral stance as he lowered his body, tensing his muscles and preparing to attack swiftly, pouncing upon the squidman and helping end his ill intents by knocking him unconscious.

But it was not meant to be. He immediately heard a growl and the voices of his teammates behind him. In an instant, his body turned around and released the energy it had been storing like a coil, his mind clear and focused on one thing: destroy the creature threatening his companions.

His canines showed slightly as he snarled in anger, hoping to make it in time as he plunged into the woods once again.
"Grrrr....."

Use Adrenaline Rush, move over to the opponent and shield-bash it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Seeing as I have not actually entered the temple, use all my strength to rush inside, trying to catch up to the rest of the gang.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I'm extremely busy at the moment, expect a turn by sunday.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile

Turn 16

Advanced Action: If creature attacks, dodge then try to flank it but only if Sunbeam attacks.
If she doesn't attack, turn on heel and run along with her to Thale's...last known position.

(4) You stare at the creature for a moment and attempt to communicate with it, saying that you come in peace and mean it no harm, but you presume that your words fall upon death ears as the creature stares at you with its black, empty eye-sockets, drool running down its skeletal mouth. Noticing that Sunbeam appears to be standing next to you, hammer in hand, you give her a quick nod and quickly run around the beast, readying your neko-te. As you sprint around, you see Thale's familiar figure approaching rather quickly. With a smile on your face, you jump onto the beast's body and slash at its furry back. (2+1) However, the monster's skin appears to be harder than you thought as you only manage to scratch its back up. As the beast suddenly moves away from under you, you quickly jump back to the ground next to it.

Use Adrenaline Rush, move over to the opponent and shield-bash it.

(6+1) Immediately sensing that your team mates are in danger, you ignore the squid's fooling around for now and start to make your way back to the location of the other two. Sprinting through the woods, you force your body to start pumping out exceptional amounts of adrenaline, causing you to run even faster and arriving there in time to see Lyri running around a large beast and jumping on its back. You assume that this is the enemy you were sensing and set out to give it a friendly welcome, dog-man style. As you rush toward it, shield in hand, you push yourself of the ground, jumping towards the beast body and using your speed and weight to bash into the creature. (3+2) You smash right into the monster's side, throwing all your force into the side of its chest. Bones crack within the monster's body as you can see it being knocked back a bit by your attack, but as you land on the ground, the beast appears to still be standing, though it does seem to have taken a serious beating.

Hit it over the head with my warhammer!

(5) The beast standing before you has just interrupted your prancing session and you won't let it get off easily. Showing that you can be quite serious between your fits of silliness, you take your huge war-hammer in hand and get ready to strike. You wait for a second as Lyri gives you a signal and runs around the beast. As it is distracted by her actions, you stand still and wait for the right moment. As a single beam of sunlight breaks through the tree canopies above you, it reflects off of your eyes, showing your pupils to have turned into the slits of a prowling cat. In an instant, you launch yourself into the air, whipping your hammer behind your back with both hands. Flying at the monster in an arc, you perform a front-flip to further increase the velocity of your weapon and thereby the power of your strike. As gravity takes effect, you come rushing down and swing the massive war-hammer over your head, bringing it down with the full force of its weight and slam it straight on top of the creature's head. (6+1) As your weapon slams into the creature's head, the impact crushes the entire skull, breaking it into several pieces and shattering them across the ground. However, the force of your blow hasn't been stopped and the hammer continues on, hitting the creature in the back and slamming the entire beast into the ground. You land back on the ground next to it, leaning your hammer on your shoulder and surveying your catch.

Psionic Shockwave!
Harpoon cannon squid-man in the face.

(Derm: 3+1, McCoy: 2) In some kind of feud that seems to be growing stronger by the second, Derm compliments the fisher-man on his tenacity and then concentrates, channeling his mind into a wave of energy in front of him. This time however, he actually succeeds, causing a blast of energy to emerge from his forehead and fly towards McCoy, leaving him no real room to evade the attack. The wave crashes into him, knocking him off his feet and sending him flying, (2) but as the crashes into the ground, the soft sand absorbs most of his fall, leaving him completely unharmed, if somewhat disgruntled. As he gets up, he lets off a comment about the annoyance that the squid-man is presenting and takes aim with his harpoon gun. However, he does seem to have been thrown off by the flight and fall enough for his harpoon to miss its mark and sail by the squid's head and not very closely at that. The two of you stare each-other down, akin to some kind of wild-west battle.

Venture forth into the temple with our new teammate and begin to look for what is negating my powers

(3) Wondering what could be causing your powers to falter in this place, you seem to suddenly suffer from a acute case of "old age" as you lean on your staff to support your aching bones. With your staff as a walking stick, you slowly start to make your way down the stairs, taking your sweet old time to carefully take each step. Jeez you're being a drama queen right now.

Follow the skeleton!

(1) After jesting a little about the necromancer's sudden realization at his state of advanced decay, you see him making his way into the staircase. You follow suit, expecting your little bat to light up the way for you, but as you make your way down the first few steps, you notice a certain absence of floating light-source. Looking back out of the temple's entrance, you see Sen fooling around outside, rolling himself in the grass and enjoying his little demon-y life. Sigh.

Seeing as I have not actually entered the temple, use all my strength to rush inside, trying to catch up to the rest of the gang.

(2) Between your fits of attempting to rip apart trees with your bare hands, you notice that all of your team mates seem to have disappeared during your span of non-attention. Looking to the temple's entrance, you see Nefarious and Sigarial making their way in. Not wanting to be left behind, you start to run over to the entrance, but the exhaustion from constantly knocking over trees and the extra weight of your cast cause you to be quite slow. You take a quick break in front of the entrance when you see a little bat-creature rolling itself in the grass, accidentally starting small fires, which you quickly put out. You play with the little bat for a bit, because bawww, just look at it, it's so cute!

Quote from: Two-legged Beast
Wonder where head went and attempt to crush puny creatures.

(5) Coming as a surprise to all three of you, the crushing of its ribs and removal of its floaty head seem to not have been enough to bring the monster down. Before any of you have a chance to jump back, the monster gets back to its feet and swings itself in a circle around its own center, attempting to smash the people surrounding it with its tail-club. (Lyri: 3, Sunbeam: 4, Thale: 4) All three of you manage to evade the blow in time, Lyri being barely swiped by the monster's tail-mace. You stand around the creature with your weapons ready as it stands there headless, but still fighting.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

Arrrggghhh, things keep coming up IRL, but the stressful weekend+1 is over and everything should be back on track from here on.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"SEN! I will only say this nicely one time: Get over here. Now."

Get Sen to follow me.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25