Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33931 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 13: Team Medic, Lost in the Woods and Fisherman McCoy)
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »

"Did anyone see Sunbeam?"
"Only the last time you last saw her."

"Erp."

Lyri knew the forest was vast -- stretching from eye to eye in all it's thick greenery. Perhaps Sunbeam was lost or...maybe moving ahead like Derm? Nevertheless, it would be better to find her any bring her back to the rest.

"Thale, I'll keep in touch with you by scent if that's alright. I'll just go and...find Sunbeam. It's better if we all go together on this. Not being seper-uhh, separiated....divided."

Track down Sunbeam.

On the way, try to train an aspect of searching or observation.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:30:00 pm by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 13: Team Medic, Lost in the Woods and Fisherman McCoy)
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »

"G-guys? Guys? ~Hellooooo~?" Sunbeam whimpered.

Try to relocate the team, or at least be rescued by some dashing human-hybrid knight.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2012, 07:14:47 pm »

"Many thanks, friends. I injured my arm trying to get into this temple door, but was unable to do so. Would you be so kind as to help me open it?"
"Thale, I'll keep in touch with you by scent if that's alright. I'll just go and...find Sunbeam. It's better if we all go together on this. Not being seper-uhh, separiated....divided."
"Hm." he half-grunted as an answer to both of his companions, his eyes following the movement of Lyri's tail for a while before breaking off, as if he had realized what he was doing. Her species seemed even more oddly familiar to Thale than the rest, as if he had some experiences related to them in the past.

And to make the matters worse - or maybe for the best - Lyri hadn't shown herself as evil. So far, she had only showed a caring side and even if Thale still resented the attack, the more it seemed to be an unfortunate accident, caused by powers she couldn't control and bad luck on his part. But he was still wary, even if not excessively so. For the moment, he should try to track the catgirl...One of those people.

Try track down Sunbeam while following Lyri.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2012, 01:57:24 am »

Two things went through Derms mind.

1. This man is not part of the group.

2. Free brains.

He waggled a flagellum in the illithid equivalent of a grin.

'Nice to... meat you. Would you mind doing me a favor?'

Dominate mind. Eat brains.

Dusting his hands off McCoy walks straight past the creature.

'No offence good...sir I think? Anyways, when you have been a fisherman as long as I have you generally avoid talking to anything with tentacles coming out of its face. So if you don't mind I left an absolutely bitchin' soup cooking and have to get me some of that.'

Tip hat to whale, 'You were a worthy foe.' And brush past Derm on the way to my shack.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:39 pm »

Got some tests coming up, turn will be done tomorrow.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 13: Team Medic, Lost in the Woods and Fisherman McCo
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »

((Ok then. Good luck.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 25, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

Examine the door. What is keeping it closed?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »

Turn 14

Dominate mind. Eat brains.

(1+1) As you look at this odd man, you realize that your opportunity for a free meal of brains has come. Not wanting to waste this chance, you immediately attempt to call upon your power and attempt to dominate the mind of this person. Sending your angry mind-beams in his direction, your aim seems to be a little off, as the man simply passes by you, showing no sign of any mind control or brain melting.

Tip hat to whale, 'You were a worthy foe.' And brush past Derm on the way to my shack.

(4) After acknowledging the battle you have fought with this placid beast of the sea, you turn gentlemanly excuse yourself from your visitor, making your way over to your little shack, smoking your cigarette all the while. When you get to the house, you take out your self-made key and are about to unlock the door, when you notice the apparent absence of a door to open. Looking up, you see that there's a large hole burned in the side of your little shack. Oh my.

Use right arm to help get the door open in whatever way I can.

(3) After thanking your team for the quick first-aid, you inspect the encasing on your left arm. Yep, pretty solid. So solid in fact that you can't move it whatsoever. Deciding that you want to help either way, you offer to help with your good arm. However, as you look over it seems that your help is no longer needed.

Examine the door. What is keeping it closed?

(4) After the medical procedures on the orc seem to have been completed, you look to the large stone gate that is still blocking this odd-looking building. Walking over to it, you wonder what could be the reason that this door is remaining closed tight. As you attempt to touch the hard stone, a small electric shock makes you pull back your hand, more in surprise than in pain. Slowly approaching it with your hand again, a bluish membrane appears where it touches, sending electricity through your arm. It may be reacting to your divine or devilish nature, but it seems that there is something shielding this door. As you notice Nefarious approaching with a serious look on his skull, you take a few steps back and watch the ensuing spectacle.

Take my staff, and point the orb at the door before slamming the thing into it calling dark flames to destroy it once and for all (use as many charges as needed)

(2+2) After marveling at your own and your teammates' work at fixing up the orc, you see that the door is still unopened. Annoyed by this revelation, you become determined to open this door, that it must absolutely open, no matter what. Deciding to give it all you've got, you walk up to the gate and charge up enter a state of heightened concentration. For a moment you just stand there, but then you ram the Corinus atop the stick into the door. Instantly a massive blast erupts, causing a round blast wave to emanate from the point of impact. A blue wave of energy travels across the door, and you sense that it seems the reason that the reason why this door wouldn't open was due to some kind of magical shield protecting it, which proceeded to shatter into large, glass-looking fragment, which quickly dissipated. For a moment you believe to have seen what looked like a large keyhole appear in the center of the shield, but you dismiss it as imagination. Your black flames cover both doors entirely, causing the cracks to widen and the entire gate to come crashing down into small rocks and a large dust cloud. After it clears, you see that all that remains of the enormous stone constructs is a pile of rubble. Not bad. You also seem to have used up your Corinus, as your stick has returned to being a simple stick. Climbing on top of the pile, you see that the inside of the temple is nearly completely black, a large staircase leading down into the darkness.

Track down Sunbeam.
On the way, try to train an aspect of searching or observation.

(3) Worried about the cat-girl, which you so graciously left by herself in the clearing, you call her absence to the attention of your allies. You inform your comrades that you'll go looking for her and proceed to walk off into a random direction, searching for her scent in the air. However, the density of the forest and the enormous amount of other smells make your search a lot harder. You'd keep going, but you fear that you'd get lost yourself, when suddenly something approaches from behind.

Try track down Sunbeam while following Lyri.

(4) After Barmot thanks you for the help, Lyri approaches you and tells you that she is worried about what might have happened to the nekomimi. As she walks off, you feel as though this might not be the first time that you have seen someone of her kind, but you dismiss the thought as you decide to follow her and help with the search. After a while of wandering, you notice that she seems to have stopped. Wondering about why she did, you walk over and tap her on the shoulder. You're a little surprised by the yelp she let out as she jumped up a bit, but when she notices that it was just you, she smiles and explains that she can't seem to find Sunbeam. You attempt to help out and take a deep sniff through your dog snout, taking in all the odd smells of the nature around you. Quickly noticing a familiar scent, you set off in its general direction, when something suddenly jumps out of the bushes at you.

Try to relocate the team, or at least be rescued by some dashing human-hybrid knight.

(4) Jeez, forests are bigger than you thought. And they don't have nearly as many flower fields and little fairies floating around as you had hoped for. Finally accepting the fact that you might not exactly know where you currently are, you attempt to somehow find your team mates. Any other sane cat in your situation would probably use their sense of smell to detect their allies, but that would be boring now, wouldn't it? YOU know that there's only one way to find your mates at all times, and that is through the powers of FRIENDSHIP. You concentrate deeply and feel something nearby, slowly approaching you. With your eyes closed, you see two bright, but small lights in the darkness. Knowing that these could only be your friends, you rush towards them. Making your way to a thick brush, you jump out and grapple the first person that happened to be in your path, in this case it being Thale. You give him a hug and then prance around a while as the other two relax, glad to have found you sound and safe.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

((Ok then. Good luck.))

Thanks! I think they went quite well. :P

Turns like this are fun because I get to describe shit getting blown up. Gonna have to wait until the big guns are brought out for more colorful descriptions though.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:01:54 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Lay low for now, as to not cause any more injuries upon myself. Maybe bust down a wall or chop something every once and a while to keep my masculinity levels up.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hah! Well done!" Sigarial said to Nefarious while clapping a few times. "Now, what do you two think, should we wait for the others to get back before exploring further or do you want to go now?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Derm narrowed his eyes. This meat sack would not be getting away from it that easily!

Try again!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I say we enter, and check out what is inside ... I feel weak since we first came to in that 'Nexus', and perhaps this temple will hold some hint as to how to regain my powers." Nefarious replied, pausing for a moment as he leaned on the branch slightly hunched foward before continuing, "But first I must prepare for what may lie below."

Clasp the amulet in my left hand, and conjure a Corinus incase of dangers within the temple.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attempt to summon a torch from hell.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Lyri smiled as she relaxed, sitting down and enjoying the moment brought by her feline friend. Looking at Thale, danger was the first thing they expected, and the first idea to be dissuaded.

She was glad everyone was safe.

"Shall we return on our objective?" she said merrily, looking back to the return path. "Forests like these tend to disorient people."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

McCoy peeked around through the hole

'Well gods damn it a man can't even expect his home to be left alone these days. If anyone is in there and they have touched my fucking soup then we are going to have a problem.'

McCoy will investigate his shack, if followed by illithid then replace his eyes with harpoons.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25