Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33935 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 12: Breaking Doors, Bleeding Orc and Team Apathy)
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2012, 08:22:16 pm »

((@GM: Can I get a skill for tracking people if I keep getting good "find things" rolls? Thale is part dog, and he did roll well. :P))

Ears perked and sniffing the air, Thale tracked all of his allies. He also smelled blood...Which caused a conflict. One of his allies was probably hurt, and terribly so. Helping him could turn out to bring terrible consequences, but he still felt slightly compelled to do it.
"I smell blood, the orc is wounded."

Even if his team showed to be unbefitting of companionship, he supposed he could try...And if he failed...

Move towards the orc, try patching him up with Lyri's assistance.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »

Catch up with team, observe what's going on.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2012, 09:04:10 pm »

'URGH! I DON'T CARE! JUST FIX IT!
GOD DANGIT THIS REALLY HURTS!"

IF he THEY heal me well enough, proceed to try and use my axe to pry open the door.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2012, 09:05:24 pm »

((@GM: Can I get a skill for tracking people if I keep getting good "find things" rolls? Thale is part dog, and he did roll well. :P))

I was actually going to give you a perk for that, but for some reason I decided not to. I'll retcon that I guess.
Done.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:14:35 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2012, 12:00:57 am »

((Thale is gladly OP. :)) Look at all his abilities!))
"I smell blood, the orc is wounded."
"...-Orc? What's an orc? Wait, nevermind. I can smell it too...Wow he smells."

Lyri pushed past another great fern before realizing the smell was similar to the tall and green humanoid she met earlier.

"Oh, that Orc! Sigarial, you're one of the Angels, could you help patch him up?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 20, 2012, 12:57:45 am »

"Oh, that Orc! Sigarial, you're one of the Angels, could you help patch him up?"
"I'm not specialized in healing and in fact have nearly no skill in healing, I would impede you more than I would help you."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 20, 2012, 12:59:10 am »

((Well, Thale rolled a 6 and a 5 for healing himself. I suppose he'll at least know how to bandage stuff. Or maybe just horribly cripple the orc further.

I don't take any responsability for it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »

Turn 13

Sample soup, obtain the medkit, a few miscellanies, and skedaddle towards the other thing the animal girl saw earlier.

(4) Deciding not to waste the nice smelling soup, you grab a nearby spoon and take a sip from it. Not bad, not bad at all. The taste seems to be a mix of various sea creatures, leading you to believe that its maker must be a fisherman. Since it tasted so good, you take a little jar standing near you and fill it up with some of the soup. Afterwards you look around, checking the supplies and looking for whatever might be useful. Seeing a small backpack in a corner of the room, you take it and start filling it with stuff you might still need. After a short inventory check, your pack contains an average medical kit filled with basic materials such as gauze and disinfectants. You also have a single bola, some tools including a small hammer and something resembling a screwdriver. With your little pack filled to the brim, you walk out the door, just to meet another surprise.

Use my powers to repair the orc's arm as best I can, warn him that it may severely change his body in bad ways but continue despite his reply

(4) Turning your attention to the slowly perishing orc, you walk over to him and, after giving him a fair warning, proceed to blast him with black magics to mend his wounds. Contrary to popular belief, it seems that shooting black magic at people does not always result in violent and painful death, as you somehow manage to use a charge of your corinus as fuel to push his bones back in place and weld them back together with a tiny black flame. How did you do it? It's magic, you ain't gotta explain shit. But this also leads you to not exactly understand how you did it yourself, leading you to belief that it may be difficult to repeat this process. However, your work is done and the bones in Barmots arm are back in place and in one piece. Marveling in your handiwork, you almost forget that he's still heavily bleeding.

Head towards Barmont and Nefarious, then introduce myself.

(5) After a quick journey, you and the other two arrive at the odd-looking stone temple. You see a walking skeleton and a giant green man who is bleeding profusely, leaving a blood puddle beneath him. This should probably disturb you, but you feel that you've seen worse. Either way, suspecting that these must be the team-mates Lyri had spoken of, you walk over to them and quickly introduce yourself to both of them, proceeding to then observe the skeleton's masterful healing.

What the Angel said. Heal Barmot.

(4) Arriving at the temple, you spot Barmot and the skeleton man, seeing that the orc seems to have heavily injured his arm. Quickly walking over, you watch the necromancer mend the bones in his arm back together, fixing it up almost completely. Impressed by his feat, you then notice that he seems a bit absent-minded smiling to himself ... or at least you think that's what his skull is doing. Thale then walks up to the orc, kneeling down next to him and starting to patch up his wounds. He waves you over and you're only too happy to oblige, walking over and sitting down next to him to help.

Move towards the orc, try patching him up with Lyri's assistance.

(6) As you get to source of the bloody scent, you see the orc lying on the ground with his arm heavily bleeding. Getting closer, you observe the skeleton reconstructing the broken bones in his arm. After he finishes, you decide to do your part and walk over, kneeling next to the injured one. Seeing that the cuts seem to be more serious than you had anticipated, you notice Lyri looking on from the side and wave her over to help you. Not wanting to use cloth shirt parts due to hygiene issues, you look around for something else to utilize as a bandage. Noticing some large, sturdy-looking plants, appearing to be some kind of fern, you walk over and rip out some of the stronger looking leafs. Returning to the patient, you give them to Lyri and tell her to bandage his arm with them. You then scour the ground for some thick and straight sticks, bringing them back and attaching them as splints with some of the leafs. Using the last one as a strap, you tie it around his wrist and shoulder, allowing it to take the weight of his arm. After you're done, you marvel at your work. Only then do you notice that you may have gone a bit overboard as his arm seems to be covered completely in bandages and still being unmovable due to the splint and strap. At least it stopped the bleeding.

Catch up with team, observe what's going on.

(1) After staring into the sun long enough for your eyes to start hurting, you decide to follow the rest of your group and see what they're up to. The moment you step out into the grove, however, you completely forget where the heck your team mates are. Deciding that you may as well simply start walking into some direction as you are bound to arrive somewhere eventually. After a few minutes of walking you simply find yourself going deeper and deeper into the forest, the area around you becoming more heavily overgrown and impenetrable. You're completely lost ... and those loud growling sounds nearby aren't helping.

IF he THEY heal me well enough, proceed to try and use my axe to pry open the door.

(3) With your fading consciousness, you barely feel what is happening to you as Nefarious rearranges the bones in your arms. As you feel the pain fade, you notice that your arm seems to be bandaged and held in place by what you assume to be a splint and a strap. Looking at your arm, it feels as though you never injured it in the first place, but you're still too light-headed from the blood loss to really do anything. However, your team did a good job of fixing your arm. You rest a bit, recovering from your injury.

Back at the lake, Derm, exiting the house, sees something off in the distance. Far into the ocean, something large seems to be approaching. It quickly comes closer and closer until ... it disappears. Before you even have a chance to wonder where it went, a incredibly large fish flies up out of the water, pushing many tons of water away and creating a splash almost a hundred feet high. Looking at it flying through the air, you notice that it seems to be some sort of whale, but you quickly stop thinking about it as you notice gravity taking its effect on the animal, causing it to plummet toward the ground in your general direction. Before you have the time to dodge, the giant creature slams into the ground, just a few feet away from you, creating a huge sand explosion, covering you and the house in it. Annoyed by this inconvenience, you dig yourself out and clean the sand from your tentacles. Looking at the whale, you see that it seems to a have perished, but then you notice something else. On top of the mammal appears to be what you can only describe as a ... gentleman. The man standing on top of it is wearing a top hat and suit, holding what seems to be a harpoon cannon. You can see a large harpoon sticking out of the animals head next to him. Noticing you, the man slides down the side of the animal and walks up to you, with a cigarette in mouth. Apparently unaffected by your appearance, he proceeds to introduces himself as "McCoy" and hands you a little business card saying: "McCoy 's me name, fishing's me game." He says that the he found himself on this beach one day and made the shack next to you his home. You are contemplating whether to eat his brain or ask him for the recipe for that soup.

-------

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=======

Finally the party is complete. And hopefully it will stay that way (unless you get horribly dismembered).
So far, you're doing a good job keeping each other alive though. Still waiting for a bad roll when medicating.  :P
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 13: Team Medic, Lost in the Woods and Fisherman McCoy)
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2012, 12:27:44 pm »

Two things went through Derms mind.

1. This man is not part of the group.

2. Free brains.

He waggled a flagellum in the illithid equivalent of a grin.

'Nice to... meat you. Would you mind doing me a favor?'

Dominate mind. Eat brains.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:19:02 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 13: Team Medic, Lost in the Woods and Fisherman McCoy)
« Reply #279 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38:37 pm »

"Many thanks, friends. I injured my arm trying to get into this temple door, but was unable to do so. Would you be so kind as to help me open it?"

Use right arm to help get the door open in whatever way I can.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2012, 01:12:29 pm »

Oh god, first turn in and Flintus10 is in danger. By another player no less.

"Many thanks, friends. I injured my arm trying to get into this temple door, but was unable to do so. Would you be so kind as to help me open it?"
"Do you have any idea what is preventing the door from opening?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:14:02 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2012, 01:19:32 pm »

I didn't even know it was Flintus when until you said that.

Not changing my action.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »

Take my staff, and point the orb at the door before slamming the thing into it calling dark flames to destroy it once and for all (use as many charges as needed)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »

I didn't even know it was Flintus when until you said that.

Not changing my action.
((The joys of not knowing PCs from NPCs,  :P))

"Alright!" Lyri said, "But- you injured your arm and broke your body by a door? Hmm, this must be a really dangerous door to hurt...what was your name again? You're an Orc right?"

Looking around, the Kitsune wondered where the sq Illithid was, along with the friendly catwoman.

"Did anyone see Sunbeam?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2012, 04:13:33 pm »

"Did anyone see Sunbeam?"
"Only the last time you last saw her."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25