Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34073 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 2: Supplies and Moody Machines)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 09:36:00 am »

Get a toolkit and a shirt that says "I <3 Candy"
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 3: Fooling Around and The Plot Begins)
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »

Turn 3

I ask for some armor and/or Battleaxe, so to effectively kill the Evil that is chicken.
Once that is done, I...wait, what is there left to do? Escape the room? Oh, well. Chop open the wall then.

(4) Feeling fine again, you get up from your attempted meditation and walk over to the sphere that has been handing out equipment to everyone. You ask MAL for some sturdy armor and a battleaxe.
MAL 8000: REQUESTS CONFIRMED GREEN GOBLIN. DISPENSING ARMAMENTS.
The abyssal storage once again opens and ejects a set of armor and a large double-sided axe. At a closer look, the armor seems to be a plated mail, similar to that of Thale. The axe appears to be an ordinary, yet very sturdy battleaxe.

Begin reading the grimoire with all the technique of a friendly necromancer

(4) Not wanting to wait with becoming the world's friendliest neromancer, you start your training in the dark arts by opening the book. Holding it in your skeletal hands, you can feel the book oozing with power. You feel as though the demon face on the front of it were almost looking into your soul. After a short stare battle with the book, which it won, you open it to the first page to find that it is ... blank. Huh. You continue to flip through it, but every page in it seems to be completely white. You ponder whether you might have to do something specific in order to delve into its secrets.

"Scree!" 'You idiotic- This is no good for the amplifying of my powers! Where am I!?!'
Attempt to discern location and/or leave.

(5) Angered by the insolence of that foolish machine, your mind begins to subconsciously emit your thoughts. Fueled by your anger, you accidentally contact things-that-should-not-be from eldritch dimensions. You send your message through your mind. "Scree!" you exclaim as your question travels through the void: 'You idiotic- This is no good for the amplifying of my powers! Where am I!?!'. Suddenly you hear a loud voice booming in your head.
?????:You dare to speak to me? You must a be a brave creature indeed. I have heard your voice, so now you will hear me as well. Become a champion of my will and you will be rewarded greatly. As for your current position, that will answer itself shortly.
Just as you are about to ask what it means, you are blinded by something.

Bash the wooden wall with my warhammer.

(2) Immediately wanting to try out your new toy, you decide to test its power by breaking down one of the walls. You bring the hammer behind yourself, getting ready to swing it overhead. With full force you bring the hammer down on the wall and ... fail to put even a scratch on it. While wondering what the hell the wall is made of, a sharp light suddenly catches your view.

Seemingly satisfied with his acquisitions, Thale tests his movements for some time to analyze the results obtained with the armor. He then takes a short walk around the room, analyzing it and avoiding looking at the nekomimi for some time until he is sure there is fur censorship protecting her body.
Discern a way of leaving the room.

(3) After making absolutely sure that the cat lady is covered up in at least some way, you test out your armor. It seems to restrict your moving a bit, making you think that it probably wouldn't be easy to get out of harm's way, though you're not sure why you would need to anyways as the armor can take quite the beating. Afterwards you want to start looking for a way out, but a sudden glow catches your attention.

Get a toolkit and a shirt that says "I <3 Candy"

(4) You walk up to the sphere and, being the dwarf you are, ask for some tools. Also for a "I <3 Candy" shirt, because ... you just really like candy. MAL throws out both items without saying a word, which makes you wonder, as he seems to have been so talkative before. The tools thrown out are arranged in a small toolbelt, just the right size to fit around your waist. Of course your pink, yes pink, "I <3 Candy" shirt is there, too. Though it probably doesn't do much beyond showing everyone your love for sugary goodness. While you're occupying yourself with your new equipment, MAL suddenly interrupts you.
MAL 8000: ATTENTION. ATTENTION. EQUIPMENT TIME HAS RUN OUT. PHASE 1 HAS BEEN COMPLETED. PHASE 3 INITIALIZING. NOTE: DO NOT ASK ABOUT PHASE 2.
Just as you are about to ask about phase 2 anyways, MAL's sphere suddenly emits an intense light.

The party is blinded by the light rays from the sphere, when it suddenly disappears. And the sphere with it. As you look around, the room is now completely empty. Wondering what will happen next, the room suddenly starts rumbling. Struggling to hold yourselves up, you notice a severe absence of ceiling. Nearly instantly, the walls start to fold into each other and then under the floor. You find yourselves on a platform, staring into the eternal void. Suddenly the ground gives way and you start falling. Looking around you see nothing but darkness and your team mates dropping down with you. When it appears that you would fall eternally, you see ground approaching quickly and ...
CRASH!
As the group slowly awakens, it becomes apparent that they seem to be on a round platform in the crown of a large tree. No one seems to be injured as the branches and leaves seem to have caught your fall. Looking around, you the beginning of a spiral staircase, presumably leading down the tree.

---------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=====

Sorry that that took so long, tomorrow is my birthday so we had a party today. Also, I'm sorry to say that this early in, but I may be unable to update for about a week as I might be driving to Florida tomorrow, where we probably won't have an internet connection.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:09:32 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:16 pm »

I chop a bit of bark off of the tree with my battleaxe, before sliding down the tree like a badass.

Also, you seem to have forgotten about my new armour and axe in my equipment area.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »

Begin scaling down the staircase.

((HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHERFUCKA'))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

;It seems my new benefactor is more like the old than I thought...;

Head downward. Be prepared in case of unexpected developments.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 3: Fooling Around and The Plot Begins)
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

Break off bark and branches. Use those to make me some GAUNTLETS OF DEATH!!!! and then head down the staircase.

((OOC: Happy Birthday :D))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:08:29 pm by adwarf »

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 07:07:22 pm »

Also, you seem to have forgotten about my new armour and axe in my equipment area.

Fixed.

((HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHERFUCKA'))
((OOC: Happy Birthday :D))

Thanks! :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:41:57 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:59 am »

((Happy birthday.))

Thale stretches a bit after waking up, taking a moment to look around, taking in the scenario and realizing he is lacking the memory of where exactly he came from. He smiles a bit - showing sharp canines in an otherwise human mouth - wondering how easily people get adapted to strange situations.

Afterwards, he notices the other furred creature in his group still seems to be sleeping or unconscious or unmoving since they were in the wooden room. Unable to leave her alone as the group moved...

Pick the kitsune up, start to walk downstairs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2012, 11:25:41 am »

HERPY BIRFDAY, VINC!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 02:15:49 pm »

((Happy birthday.))
HERPY BIRFDAY, VINC!

Thanks guys!  :)
I'll be leaving for the beach shortly, so I'll do the turn as soon as I can / when I have internet again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »

((Happy [late] Birthday! :D

Also, forgive me for not posting lately, thunderstorm killed off my internet connection. Will return-post soonish! XD))

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:34 pm »

((Happy [late] Birthday! :D
Also, forgive me for not posting lately, thunderstorm killed off my internet connection. Will return-post soonish! XD))

Still in time, thanks! ;D
Also, I know that feeling, I've got the same problem every time there's a storm in my area.
At least I have internet here after all, so I'll to get a turn done sometime tomorrow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 12:49:58 am »

((Praise be, for speedreading! :D

Also, yes I know I have that tunic but...))

Darkness...movement...light...

Awaken.

Examine self. Clothing...appearance...wounds or anything...

The appearance of a tree was the first thing Lyri saw as her eyes opened. Instinctively, she raised her arm to shield them from the sudden shift of light and noticed she was in her other form.

Glancing around, she noticed she was being carried by a strange canine-like creature. She didn't feel any existing pain in her body clearing up the notion of any pre-existing fight.

Who were these people?

Pretend to be sleeping while being carried by the nice dog-man. :3

((Retcon: White Cloak and the...Neko-te))

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 4: Skeleton Stuntman and Madrushing Dogman)
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:38 pm »

Turn 4

I chop a bit of bark off of the tree with my battleaxe, before sliding down the tree like a badass.

(3) After regaining your senses you get up and look around. Noticing the fact that you're on top of a giant tree, you chose to ignore the conveniently placed stairs and instead opt to take the more flashy way down. Going to the edge, you test if your axe is sharp enough to cut into the tree and then jump down. Planning to be all badass, like a pirate sliding down the sail with a knife, you try to use your axe to make your way down. However, in contrast to your amazing imagination, you find yourself clinging to the tree, trying not to look down. It takes you quite a while of less-than-spectacular inching downward to get to the bottom. But hey, at least you didn't hurt anything (but your pride) right?

Begin scaling down the staircase.

(3) Surveying your surroundings, you see nothing of interest so you decide to get to the bottom of the tree. Spotting the stairs, you start making your way down. On the way you have a bit of trouble with the uneven stairs, but eventually you make it to solid ground. Very solid ground in fact, as you see that the stairs end in a pathway that seems to lead through a bit of forest. A little bit ahead you can see what looks like a clearing.

Break off bark and branches. Use those to make me some GAUNTLETS OF DEATH!!!! and then head down the staircase.

(1) Thinking that you're not quite fully equipped yet, you look around for a way to get more necromancer swag. As you spot a large branch near the platform, you decide to chop it off in order to craft yourself some sweet looking gauntlets. You go to the edge and notice that it's a bit farther away from it than you originally expected. Against your better judgement, you give it a running start and jump yelling: "YOLO!" While flying you attempt to grab the branch and ... (5) grab on to it with one hand, make a full swing around it, twisting and breaking it off in the process. Before gravity can even take over you push yourself off from another branch and land back on the treetop platform. If there were judges sitting somewhere right now, they'd award you at least a 9 for that jump. Alas, there aren't any, but hey, at least you've got the wood. Now you just need to something with it.

Thale stretches a bit after waking up, taking a moment to look around, taking in the scenario and realizing he is lacking the memory of where exactly he came from. He smiles a bit - showing sharp canines in an otherwise human mouth - wondering how easily people get adapted to strange situations.

Afterwards, he notices the other furred creature in his group still seems to be sleeping or unconscious or unmoving since they were in the wooden room. Unable to leave her alone as the group moved...

Pick the kitsune up, start to walk downstairs.

(6) Noticing that one of your companions seems to not have woken up yet, you decide to help her out. When you pick her up, you start to feel like a hero who is carrying the sleeping maiden. You become so captivated by this role that you feel as if you'd have to protect her. But to be a true hero you have to fulfill your duty. You must get her down the stairs at any cost! Not even paying attention to anyone else, you rush down the stairs at the speed of light, while making absolutely sure that the kitsune is fine. At the bottom you slow down and realize that what you just did was a little stupid. As you think about it, you feel like you might have bumped into something on the way down. Meh. Couldn't have been to important.

;It seems my new benefactor is more like the old than I thought...;
Head downward. Be prepared in case of unexpected developments.

(3) After pondering your new connection with an eldritch being and what could come of it, you decide to head down the same way the other two went ... well, at least the way Sunshine went. You're not all that big on inching down the side of a giant tree. As you make your way along the side of the tree with the stairs, you hear something that sounds like excited barking coming from behind you. Suddenly Thale comes running down with something in his arms. As you are about to ask him why he is sprinting down the stairs with his mouth open and his tongue dangling in the air, you rams into you sending you off-balance. As you tumble around, you come close to the edge and ... (5) manage to regain your balance. Phew, that was close. You make your way to the bottom, thinking that you'll definitely complain to him about this and feed his soul to the elder gods. Well ... one of the two at least.

Darkness...movement...light...

Awaken.

Examine self. Clothing...appearance...wounds or anything...

The appearance of a tree was the first thing Lyri saw as her eyes opened. Instinctively, she raised her arm to shield them from the sudden shift of light and noticed she was in her other form.

Glancing around, she noticed she was being carried by a strange canine-like creature. She didn't feel any existing pain in her body clearing up the notion of any pre-existing fight.

Who were these people?

Pretend to be sleeping while being carried by the nice dog-man. :3

((Retcon: White Cloak and the...Neko-te))

(4) As you wake up, you find yourself moving. You ponder whether you're sleep walking, but then you notice that someone seems to be carrying you. Not wanting to annoy the person holding you (and enjoying the free ride) you pretend to keep sleeping. However, you also feel something silky touching your skin and some metal on your hands. You take a quick peek without your ride noticing it and see that you seem to be wearing a thin white cloak and what appears to be metal cat claws on your hands.

---------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=====

There we go, took a while since I've been enjoying myself at the beach all day.  8)
Right now it seems that the biggest enemy of the party is ... well, the party. That should change soon though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 4: Skeleton Stuntman and Madrushing Dogman)
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »

Derm glared at the Dog man, then strode past him, warbling in the subconcious tongue.

Give the dog man a bad headache and continue forward.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25