Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34069 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 1 - Problematic Starts and MAL 8000)
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 08:22:11 pm »

I've got all actions done except for kingfisher's. Should I just skip him for this turn?
Yes :3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »

((Well...How about Tiruin's?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »

Oh right, we're 7 people. Derp. I'll give 'em a while. Otherwise the turn will be up in half an hour.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 2: Supplies and Moody Machines)
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 09:05:45 pm »

Turn 2

"I request a Grimore of Forbidden Magicks, and for cloths I'd like black robes that would fit such a skeletal visage.

(5) You make your way over to MAL and state your request.
Nefarious: "I request a Grimore of Forbidden Magicks, and for cloths I'd like black robes that would fit such a skeletal visage."
MAL 8000: AFFIRMATIVE CALCIUM FRAMEWORK. ACTIVATING GENESIS DRIVE. LOADING . . . DONE. EJECTING CONTENT.
A small compartment opens up in the wall under the sphere. Looking into it, you only see unending darkness, but as you stare into the abyss, you spot something flying at you. Before you can react, a large book and a long black robe fly from the hole, landing on the floor in front of you. You bend over and pick them up, examining them with the unblinking stare of your eye sockets. After putting on the robe you notice that it is lined with wave-like purple symbols at the seams, seemingly the glyphs or letters of an ancient languange. The material the robe is made of is soft, but sturdy. It also seems to have thin metal plates woven into the fabric. allowing you to absorb blows from sharp edges without inhibiting your movements. The edges of the grimoire are made of red leather, featuring icons similar to those on the robe. A demonic face adorns the center of the book, giving it a menacing look. You feel like you could learn a thing or two from these scriptures.

"Scree!" 'I demand my dark vestments and the Staff of Grelun'Tahg back!"
Attempt to contact Dark Gods for knowledge of what happened to me and where I am.

After watching the success that Skeletor had with his equipment, you walk up to the machine to get yours as well. You stand in front of it and attempt to communicate with the sphere through your mind: "Scree! I demand my dark vestments and the Staff of Grelun'Tahg back!" The machine seems to have understood you as it starts talking again.
(3) MAL 8000: QUERY: YOU DEMAND? ERROR: GIVINGAFUCK.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING. DEAL WITH IT CALCIUM CREATURE.
The machine did not seem to like your tone. However, after a second or two, the chute under it opens again and throws out an ordinary robe and a wooden quarterstaff with enough force to hit you in the stomach. You begrudgingly take the robe and staff while angrily glaring at the sphere. Afterwards, you attempt to contact the old ones and inquire as to what happened to you, but all you get is non-euclidean static.

Shove large mass off of me. And then rip my clothes off cause' I'mma cat! (Don't worry, fur censorship.)
Request Warhammer, and ask if I can get a second item instead of clothes.

(5) You attempt to move the weight on top of you, when it suddenly moves away on its own. Finally freed, you promptly decide to undress. You rip your clothes of in true streaker fashion, but luckily you are still covered by your thick fur. Thinking that stuff like "pants" and "armor" are for pansies, you ask MAL for a hammer and whether you may receive an additional object instead of clothing.
MAL 8000: NEGATIVE FELINE. MY PROTOCOL IS TO ONLY GIVE ONE OBJECT PER PERSON. HOWEVER YOU MAY RECEIVE YOUR WEIGHTED COMPANION STICK.
A large warhammer is catapulted from the hole, dropping top-first to the ground in front of you. As you examine the hammer, you notice markings on it. Using your cat-like flexibility, you sit upside-down to read it. Looking at it, the words "Strike the earth!" are engraved on the steel head of the hammer. Standing upright again, you pick up the hammer and lean it on your shoulder.

Meditate on the Chicken problem, hoping to cure my dizziness. Maybe then I'll be able to KILL something.

(3-1) As you regain your senses, you still feel a bit dizzy, so you attempt to fix that through focused meditation. While meditating however, you feel yourself being lifted away, breaking your concentration. At first you want to get angry at whoever moved you, but then you notice that your dizziness seems to have disappeared, as it probably would have without your attempts as well.

Assist the nekomimi in escaping from under the orc. Then pick the following:
"I'd like armor and a greatshield."

(5) After observing and examining your team mates, you spot a cat woman stuck under a seemingly unconscious orc. Being the Gentledog you are, you walk over to them and push the burly guy away to assist the lady. As you are about to help her up, she jumps up and rips her clothes off. Instinctively, you look away, but when you turn back she's standing by some sphere with a hammer in her hand. You walk over and, after understanding what's going on, ask MAL for equipment of your own: "I'd like armor and a greatshield."
MAL 8000: INTERESTING CHOICE CANINE. EXECUTING DISPENSER.JAR.
When the abyss opens up, a large pile of objects tumbles out from it. You pick up the armor with seems to be a chainmail. The armor seems to feature leather pads on the inside that soften impacts as well, however, they seem to be rather heavy making quick movement difficult. After putting it on, you examine your shield which seems to be a heater shield. The front of it features a solid blue rim, but the are in between appears  to be reflective and almost liquid, as if you could reach through. You stare at your mirror image for a while, mesmerized by the surface.

---------

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

=====

Those were some good rolls, which means good equipment. Now you just have to find out what it does. And the other two need to get their stuff.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:09:52 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 2: Supplies and Moody Machines)
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:09:21 pm »

You borked the quotes and appear to have not finished my turn...?

Also I was not spoeaking aloud. Illithids can't talk vocally. I express my speech in psionic waves.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:11:24 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »

Hmm. I see others have suddenly gotten items.
I ask for some armor and/or Battleaxe, so to effectively kill the Evil that is chicken.

Once that is done, I...wait, what is there left to do? Escape the room? Oh, well. Chop open the wall then.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 09:17:33 pm »

I seem to have broken that a bit, let me fix it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »

Begin reading the grimoire with all the technique of a friendly necromancer

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

Also I was not spoeaking aloud. Illithids can't talk vocally. I express my speech in psionic waves.

Huh, I didn't know that. I'll adjust it then.
Edit: Done and done.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:25:41 pm by VincValentine »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »

(Does this mean I get a +1? Also the scree part is vocal. Note the "" and ''. don't worry about it now but keep it in mind later.)

"Scree!" 'You idiotic- This is no good for the amplifying of my powers! Where am I!?!'

Attempt to discern location and/or leave.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:26:57 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »

Bash the wooden wall with my warhammer.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:38 pm »

(Does this mean I get a +1? Also the scree part is vocal. Note the "" and ''. don't worry about it now but keep it in mind later.)

Ahh, that makes sense. Also, I'm using the bonus more for psionic abilities like flaying minds, not general stuff such as telepathic communication. Though I can change that if you want to, but then I'll be doing extra rolls for telepathy as well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »

Ahh, that makes sense. Also, I'm using the bonus more for psionic abilities like flaying minds, not general stuff such as telepathic communication. Though I can change that if you want to, but then I'll be doing extra rolls for telepathy as well.
((Wouldn't that also work as a +1 to persuasion/communication? >.>))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:05 pm »

((Wouldn't that also work as a +1 to persuasion/communication? >.>))

Which is why I'm not using the bonus. :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 02:29:38 am »

Seemingly satisfied with his acquisitions, Thale tests his movements for some time to analyze the results obtained with the armor. He then takes a short walk around the room, analyzing it and avoiding looking at the nekomimi for some time until he is sure there is fur censorship protecting her body.

Discern a way of leaving the room.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25