Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54028 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #795 on: November 07, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

((Eh, bump. You still out there Maniac, what's up? o_o ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 07, 2012, 05:54:59 pm »

((Just been distracted by hurricanes and elections.))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55:41 pm »

((Okay, any update is good :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #798 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02:23 pm »

(( Yey ~ xD ))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 08, 2012, 05:27:20 am »

Kat stretched out slowly-taking up the space Ethan has left-casting her mischievous glance about.

"...What about you, Paprika? You seem the sort to live a charmed life. There's got to be a good story or two there." She said, interested in the mystery girls past.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2012, 06:44:48 am »

"We-elll..."

Paprika thinks about it a moment.

"I don't know, my life hasn't been story-worthy. "

She looks reluctant, but is also thinking hard, trying to remember a time that might make a story.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 08, 2012, 06:54:15 am »

"If you're really having trouble, think about a time you thought you were going to die, or when you never felt more alive. You obviously didn't, but still are, and that makes you mighty. Or maybe just lucky. Both make for good fireside tales." Kat says, encouraging her.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #802 on: November 08, 2012, 07:37:19 am »

Paprika sits and thinks for a moment longer. As she is sitting sideways in relation to the fire, half of her face is in shadow, the other thoughtful.

She starts, haltingly: "Well— once, I was walking along one of the cleaner rivers, one clear enough to see the floor but not clean enough to drink, with some of my companions then. And then—absolutely out of the blue!—one decided pushing me into the water would be a fun thing to do. You can see that I obviously am skinny and frail, not enough to withstand a sudden push and a shove. On the other hand,  I'm not so weak that just anyone can think of pushing me into a running body of water, so I stopped a few inches from the edge. Then, of course the ground has to crumble. Poor me, being on the precise part of the river's bank that had loose gravel." Paprika sighs dramatically. "Crumble crumble goes the rocks, and tumble tumble goes me. The river wasn't fast nor deep, but being pushed into one ... I flailed in the water for what seemed to be an eternity before I got my bearings, and of course, I've picked up this and that skill over the years, so I swam like an .. a- an expert, straight to the ground. With my luck, there would have been a ... a set of rapids, or a waterfall, or a perfectly positioned down current, but not this time. But I still didn't get away from the bad fate that's upon me, and my music device was broken. It didn't work. I think the electrics inside were fried from the impure water in the river." She pauses.

"Well, I think that's it. It's not a dramatic story, and it might not be important in my life, but .. that's all I can think of right now. Really."

Her speech was hesitant at first, but she picked up pace during the middle, before slowing down again towards the end.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 11, 2012, 02:16:04 pm »

((Guys, I just don't feel like I have the time to catch up on this game here.  I've had a lot of stuff on my plate lately and there's a lot of catching up for me to do.  Does anyone else want to take over as GM?))
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 11, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »

((durhurr.

I would be tempted, but...lololol, I hate my life.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 11, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »

((Considering doing it so it won't die, although that would make Ethan a GMPC. :/ ))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 11, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »

((Question Maniac, are you just retiring as GM, or retiring from the game altogether?

If you go, and Cael becomes a Gm, and then I go...there's not really alot of players left. Can we coax Wrex back, perhaps?))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 11, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

((D'oh, you guys XD. I can probably do it again. How many people you got left?))

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 11, 2012, 04:50:33 pm »

((All of us unless mainiac wants out. And Dwar will be out of comission for a little while.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 11, 2012, 04:53:53 pm »

((You also have one spectator so... :-\))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57