Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72758 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile

Roll on Friday (payday). I've got three kickstarters to pledge to [...]

You realise kickstarter doesn't take the money until funding ends right? Waiting till payday makes no difference.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

They're funded. Stretch goals as well. I never like to pledge until the money is in my hands. My birthday, 2 long overdue donations and hopefully some kickstarters take precedence. This is one of the kickstarters, but I'll pledge when the alcohol budget for another year of joy (with "talk like a pirate day" as my hangover day) and the free games I'm already enjoying is done or at least fully funded.

And maybe BG Enhanced for yet-another-birthday-present-to-myself is done. I like my birthdays.
It's a game. Have fun.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In 36 hours it won't be possible to fund them anymore, so there's that too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still holding out for last minut donation :)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just about to upgrade to beta access which means briefly there will be one of the $15 early bird options available if one my fellow b12ers is quick.

Interestingly the page says there isn't a slot there, but there is on the pay options so I guess it's cached...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:43:49 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

That is one trippy picture for obtaining Galactic War.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

With the attainment of galactic war, I am happy. Not really concerned with/interested in the other goals personally.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the attainment of galactic war, I am happy. Not really concerned with/interested in the other goals personally.
And if we are lucky, there will be enough paypal donations to push us past the next stretch goal.  Because, I like me some orchestral music!\

I don't really care about the documentary though.  I don't really see the point of that...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bought in for the Alpha and Early download but am not sure why really. I don't think this type of game is really enjoyable during development considering the balancing and tweaking that needs to be done. Considering dropping down a level or 4.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

Depends on your perspective, Hemmingjay.  Bug hunting, running into things that create totally crazy scenarios and being able to help go through the same while its being developed can be fun.  Today, most people think of alpha/beta access as just early entrances into the game, when it fact its not supposed to be as such.  Still, being able to watch active development as balancing and tweaks comes along can be cool.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree that alphas and betas are about bug hunting usually, but when offered as a reward for pre-purchase that kind of goes out the window. 
Only a simple mind can be certain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Imagine the fun alpha/beta bugs in a game where you can move moons and asteroids like billiard balls!

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imagine the fun alpha/beta bugs in a game where you can move moons and asteroids like billiard balls!

Bug: engines are to effective at moving planets, allowing a single engine to easily move large planets.

:D

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

Wasn't half the TA studio one of the Aussie ones that got bust/bought out, scattered, coalesced together into other places (and a tiny bit of Aussie), got all their funding/support/publisher support ripped and then made up about 1/4-1/2 the Planetary Annihiliation team and studio? Along with many other brilliant game makers that never quite made the game they wanted, but due to no fault of their own?

Sounds like a pretty interesting doco of the gaming industry, it's rises, it's falls, and then true talent coming through and getting gamer's support to make the game they always wanted to make. Nice stretch goal really.
It's a game. Have fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I think gaming would be better off without the big name publishers.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40