Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72914 times)

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This keeps on getting better and better.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

If they do end up reaching the stretch goal for naval units, I have an idea about what kind I'd like to see.

http://nota.machys.net/nota-ships

This Total Annihilation-like game, made on a small TA-emulating game engine called Spring, has some very fun gameplay, not least because of the ships being completely changed from their original size and power to vehicles more resembling real-world warships. They're big and powerful, something any TA player can respect, but they're also easy targets that can be quickly overwhelmed if you're not careful with them.
Nothing important here, move along.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That image is amazing.

*throws money*

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

Guys, I foresee a problem:

Gas Giants.

Made of of gas. not rock.

How are we supposed to throw them at the enemy?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Gas Giants.

Suck away the gas, refine it into a highly corrosive gas. Then pump it into the rock-planet's atmosphere

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Gas Giants.

Space Billiard

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Gas Giants.

You select "Soviet Russia" as your playing faction, and throw the enemy at the gas giants?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Drive a planet through it and let its gravity pick some stuff up?

Alternatively, in RL gas giants may have small rocky cores. Put a big enough rocket on that and you might be able to drag the gas along with you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

A sufficiently powerful shock wave should be able to knock the planet out of orbit, but what it takes to create such a thing might as well be used to blow up the other planet in the first place.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

A sufficiently powerful shock wave should be able to knock the planet out of orbit, but what it takes to create such a thing might as well be used to blow up the other planet in the first place.
But not as fun of course.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

A gas Giant is bound to have lot's of moons. Ie, more ammunition.

Also,movement in space is relative,throwing your enemies in the gasgiant or the gasgiant onto your enemies is one and the same thing

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but what it takes to create such a thing might as well be used to blow up the other planet in the first place.
Too simple, too predictable, and not flashy enough.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

but what it takes to create such a thing might as well be used to blow up the other planet in the first place.
That was kind of my point. If they would add the ability to propel a gas giant with explosions and not allow that to be used to blow up other planets then it would break our willing suspension of disbelief. 10ebbor10's proposal seems like the more logical approach to the problem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:21:05 am by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

11ebbor11's proposal seems like the more logical approach to the problem.
It really depends on which one is further from the local star for me. Smashing one planet into another and having them both careen into their sun is easier when they don't have to turn around.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

That was kind of my point. If they would add the ability to propel a gas giant with explosions and not allow that to be used to blow up other planets then it would break our willing suspension of disbelief. 11ebbor11's proposal seems like the more logical approach to the problem.
It two 10 not 11... but i don't think you'll be able to move the planets just the smaller body's moon, comets, ect
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40