Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72814 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Old OP (click to show/hide)

Planetary Annihilation is a Total Annihilation-style RTS, but much bigger. It can involves multiple planets/moons/asteroids/death starsmetal planets (or you can play on only a singular planet, but no matter what its going to be a spherical map), two tiers of units (vehicular, robotical, naval, aerial, or orbital, you get access to the second by using the fabricators of the first tier), numerous building types (artillery, radar, orbital lasers, nukes/anti-nukes, other buildings) and you have a commander unit. You can get it from Uber's site, or on Steam if you want.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:02:58 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

this looks.... FUCKING AMAZING im kicking starting this shit right now! its going to be the supreme commander 2 we never got
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Feel free to tell me if I did terrible at making a good first post about it, scriptwolf. I am not great at advertising things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

This....my god.

This is like they took my dream game and visualized it. I feel I'm going to start drooling if I don't stop watching the video.

OP wise, a picture, a bit more of a description of SOLAR CONFLICT would be amazing. They're going to have conflict between solar systems. They're going to allow you to build engines on solar bodies and use them as kinetic weapons. They're going to simulate gravity. I'm just. I think I might burst in excitement.

Did I mention their music choice is just amazing, and the narrator is just hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:55:04 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Hows that for a description of SOLAR CONFLICT, Orb?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Youve got to be kidding, THAT my friend... is a win!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noooo kickstarter is going to take all my money at this rate.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really... ROCKET on asteroid to blow up bases... man... DO WANT!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Rocket on asteroid bases, to kill the enemy base, it looks slightly more like. Not just asteroids. The SCII Ghost will be jealous.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Hows that for a description of SOLAR CONFLICT, Orb?

Much better! Needs more moon base though.  :)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, Uber entertainment. Very interesting.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Oh wow, Uber entertainment. Very interesting.
Apparently its an RTS team disguised as 'That company that made two team-based semi-dota FPSes'. One of them worked on TA.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Hey, neat looking. Screenies also look like it'll be completely beyond any chance of me being able to run it any time in the next few years. Joyous :-\

Does sound awesome, though. Slapping engines on astroids reminds me of strapping engines on planets in Star Ruler, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wanted to emerge from lurking to say:

HELL YEAH

That is all...

*goes back to lurking*

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

this looks.... FUCKING AMAZING im kicking starting this shit right now! its going to be the supreme commander 2 we never got
This....my god.

This is like they took my dream game and visualized it. I feel I'm going to start drooling if I don't stop watching the video.
Really... ROCKET on asteroid to blow up bases... man... DO WANT!!
I'm not sure if I can add anything at this point. I'll be watching this closely.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40