Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72796 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I really like this game. Art style seems great and not to likely to melt my PC, and the gameplay options just seem fantastic.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gave it 20

I have strong doubts that it will be "easy" to perfectly control several planet-bases/armys and do things like timing the lauch of troops on a planet perfectly from several orbiters, but hey - the slight chance that I can turn a roid into a battleship is worth the investment.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

Ahah, oh man. The funding just went up $10,000 while I was watching the video.
EDIT: CAVE JOHNSON FUCKING CAVE JOHNSON
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:44:33 am by woose1 »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

It has a kinda Spore look to it. But aside from the goofy cartoonish graphics, the concept and gameplay look amazing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting, but I'm skeptical that they'll be able to produce a game that's easy to control when it's on such a scale in AND in real time. I also worry all of those cool sounding features will feel mundane when you wrap your head around them, but that is probably unavoidable. Looks good, though. But I wouldn't spend any money on it (or anything) with out sure fire indication that the final product is of high quality.
Hello Hunam

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Looks very cool indeed.

But a word of caution, these aren't the real graphics, this is just a visualization, something to explain how the game should/could work, there is nothing indicating that the final thing will be anything similar to this (but I'm hoping it will be).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

And I thought that I was exited for Mann vs Machine... This just blew my hat off as my brain started screaming "Supreme Commander in spaaaaaace!"

Lets just hope that it keeps what it promises, since this is what I've wanted during my ten years of gaming all along.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Well that does seem like quite interesting idea. Following.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More Total Annihilation = more awesome. 900K goal is nothing to sneeze at though. I hope they make it.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

More Total Annihilation = more awesome. 900K goal is nothing to sneeze at though. I hope they make it.
They got 100. 000 on their first day. I hope they get it.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile

my brain started screaming "Supreme Commander in spaaaaaace!"

QFT.

I've backed it.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile

Might just be me but I quite like the cartoon graphics, although I would not mind supreme commander graphics I would also like a more refined version of what was in the prototype video
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Might just be me but I quite like the cartoon graphics, although I would not mind supreme commander graphics I would also like a more refined version of what was in the prototype video
The video itself was 3D animated. The actual game will most likely have a higher graphical fidelity if their past work is to be trusted. Some of the team even worked on the original Supreme Commander!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

I actually kind of prefer the simple cartoony/monday night combat-ish graphics. It'd probably be kinder to slower computers and it makes the game clearer.

I remember a big issue I had in Supreme Commander, especially the expansion, was distinguishing units from one another. Often they were too flashy and I'd have to zoom out to check their icons.

It's not fun mistaking a tier 3 seraphim siege tank for one of their tier 1's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40