Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72795 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Higher graphical fidelity does not mean less cartoony style. It just means that the texture work is better.

Still, a cartoony style makes lower graphical fidelity more plausible. The game will most likely run fine on low to mid end computers.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda reminds me of a game of old "Mission: Humanity" (Or Exterminacja if you're Polish) crossed with TA/SC.

Mission humanity had the distinct feature of taking place in a entire solar system where you could transport units between planets (after you get the correct tech).
You had a certain number of colonists that had to breed if you wanted to build more buildings (They require workforce) or units (the tanks have to be manned and infantry... well it's infantry.
The game itself could use some more polish but wasn't a bad of a game at all.

PA seems to take the first idea and builds on it.
Well let's hope it becomes more memorable than M:H
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile

I think I'm about to fall in love, so long as it doesn't turn out to be a turd like Saturday Night Combat did.  All the same, the premise is awesome, and I love the cool cartoony sci-fi look of it. 

And! You can control ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEMS! I'mma going to drool! Mwhahahaha!
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Decided to register on Kickstarter just to back this game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:55:51 pm by Toady Two »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what to do. Do you think it is better to support thier kickstarter or donate directly on their website? I don't have a kickstarter account so that would be an additional hassle and I'm sure if they have trouble reaching their goal they can pledge their donation funds into the kickstarters.
They're calling the KS the 'primary' way to fund it, the Paypal links on the other site is mostly just so that as many people as possible can contribute.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Up to $240k now.
It looks really quite good.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Backed for $40.

As Total Annihilation was the first piece of software I ever installed by myself, it holds a special place in my heart. The cut to epic music when battles commenced, the variety of units, and the general grandieur of the game just enchanted me. I can't wait for the game to come out.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Backed for $40.

As Total Annihilation was the first piece of software I ever installed by myself, it holds a special place in my heart. The cut to epic music when battles commenced, the variety of units, and the general grandieur of the game just enchanted me. I can't wait for the game to come out.

I can still recite the TA intro ad verbatim. Once I heard the announcer voice in the KS promotion video, I was sold. Then I saw an asteroid as a massive Kinetic weapon and I jizzed.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor...

Now, I like the cartoony graphics we're seeing. Remember what the dude in the video said: they're not going for realism, they're going for AWESOME. What I'm hoping for right now is the ability to build enough engines to propel entire moons or planets, and use them as mobile, nearly indestructible carriers. Imagine looking up and seeing an extra moon in the sky, which begins dropping hordes of robot tanks. That would indeed be awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Thar be an update. The bolded parts:

Offline / LAN play support: Somethings (player stats, auto-updating, metagame etc.) are online only, otherwise offline is important.
DRM-free: Obviously, you need an account for online things, how else would it tell you apart? Otherwise doesn't need an explaination.
Multiple Language Support: "At launch we are committing to support at least English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Other languages may follow based on demand."
64-bit Support aka The game will know about more than 2-3gb ram.
Sharable Custom Commander The 1k tier has a unique-looking commander, you can share it if you want. Otherwise theres nothing to say here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Sweeeeet. This keeps getting better. I can't wait to see what the stretch goals are.

Also, you might want to add somewhere in the OP that they will support modding. It's in the FAQ.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

That reminds me, I grabbed total annihilation from GOG while it was on sale a while back. guess I better play it, then.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

They managed to strike the cartoony look on the awesome part of the specturm, not on the lame one if you ask me. It probably will be lightweight and look quite good for gameplay purposes. Plus a RTS with a subtley more lighthearted art feel might look interesting.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

I really want to start speculating on how EXACTLY the planet physics will work. I mean, how will planets, filled with (presumably) hundreds of units and buildings, impact on one another? What gets destroyed? Does the whole planet go kablooey? ARE THERE GIANT SPACE GUNS WE CAN PUT ON THE PLANETS.

I want to make a giant robot out of a bunch of asteroids and have it eat the sun. That's all I want.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

282k. It's showing no signs of slowing down.

They have their work cut out for them in the engine, that's for sure.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40