Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371623 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Just in time for Halloween!
« Reply #1425 on: October 30, 2012, 03:31:21 pm »

Yes! I knew someone would try fire. Go Go Alcohol!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 30, 2012, 03:37:12 pm »

...This is going to end badly. Very, very badly.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 30, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

Fire will clense all sins!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:05 pm »

I'm in the pit, and I am totally not a sinner! I'm Neutral Good! Neutral Good I tell you!

Best hope that ancestral spirit thing works, or I will haunt your ass.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:34:41 pm by Solifuge »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

"And I'm Chaotic Neutral!"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:54 pm »

...This is going to end badly. Very, very badly.

OUR DEATHS WILL BE MAGNIFICIENT!!

Jump down into the pit, doing a flying stab attack at the zombie with my short sword. Because my bow has something wrong with it's scope.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:42 pm »

Wait he's casting fireball and I'm holding on to the thing he's aiming at.... goddamit.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 31, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »

Wait he's casting fireball and I'm holding on to the thing he's aiming at.... goddamit.

Absolutely nothing can go wrong. I quoted the priest from Dark Crusade, our victory is assured. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1433 on: October 31, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »

No, I am drenching you (and the zombie) in a double dose of Alcohol and THEN he's casting fireball on what your holding.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:44 pm »

No, I am drenching you (and the zombie) in a double dose of Alcohol and THEN he's casting fireball on what your holding.
And also I am sending a lot of air through the area.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Quadruple Trouble
« Reply #1435 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:25 pm »

Take in as much breath as possible, go back to the zombie, and scream at it as loudly as possible in the hopes of damaging it with nothing more than my voice. while offering a hand down to Zako.

If nothing else, it should be a nice distraction.

[13] Sadly the zombie doesn't pay attention to your sonic torture, but I'm sure that Kazard will appreciate the hand up.

Well, whatever that thing is, it's not good news.
Door or battle? Door or battle?
Screw it, I open the door and look for interesting things. If there's nothing good, I charge the zombie thing with my hammer.

Hefting your hammer in hand, you open the door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Razdak casts a Gust of Wind below Kazard to help lift him out of the pit.

[20] With incredible mastery of the winds, you easily pluck Kazard out from the pit and set him carefully down the floor.

"STOP SHOOTING AT ME AND PULL ME OUT!"

Climb! Climb so I don't get shot by these idiots!

[AUTOSUCCESS] As you try to scramble away from the zombie, you find yourself suddenly lifted into the air by Razdak and carried out of the pit. Odin, that was close, eh?

Gah! This thing sucks out your heat and uses it to heal itself... jumping into the pit and surrounding it with warm bodies to drain and heal itself would probably be unwise! No one else come down, just stay around the pit and shoot it at range from above. Those that are already down here can keep it occupied... we could use some healing or support though!

I'll swig the potion, and try to hit it once more, adopting a more defensive stance behind my shield.

Pausing only to take a swig of the healing potion 1 healing, you launch an unblockable flurry of blows at the zombie.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Unblockable mostly because the zombie spares no effort in warding them off. 1 damage + 2 fire

hmm...

Edit: Okay scratch my previous thing and instead duel wield Summon Alcoholic Beverage down upon its head.

[16] You drop several glasses of whiskey into the pit. Guess who is currently wielding the magical flaming axe?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cast Summon Ancestral Spirits and get them to get people (Not the zombie!) out of the pit!

Surrounded by burning booze on all sides, cornered by the zombie and down to her last reserves of strength, it appears that Midna is surely doomed.

[20] But lo, what sound doth over yonder pit doth ring? Why, I can't continue this weird poetic speak. But I do know that Malaken has just summoned his ancestral spirits, and he's managed to get all the cool ones. Yes, even Uncle Ralez from the Outback is there too. Working together in perfect harmony, the spirits lift Midna out of the pit, and quickly patch up her wounds. They were even nice enough to make another Saffron cloak for her. 2 healing

Of course the spirits only helped the adventures who are currently in the pit, and not the idiots who jump in afterwards. Like Kr'zbin, for example.

[AUTOSUCCESS] I'm not 100% sure how you can charge something at the bottom of a pit, but I imagine that it involves running down the side in the most badass manner possible. The Irongold clan would be proud. 1 damage

Put down my ladder in the pit climb down and  grab the monster so others can hit the stupid thing MY HEALTH BE DAMNED I can't help but try something that stupid really though to be serious I'm a rogue so I really can't do much else.

Carefully setting your ladder down into the burning pit, you climb down and pull out your arming sword and dagger.

[11] With deft skill you swing your sword and dagger in a memorizing pattern, causing the zombie to recoil. Well, not so much recoil as stumble to the side and turn to face you, but it is a zombie. 1 damage

Jump down into the pit, doing a flying stab attack at the zombie with my short sword. Because my bow has something wrong with it's scope.

[14] Your flying stab attack skewers the zombie, bring you face-to-face with the horrid monstrosity. Welp. 1 damage

I will use FIREBALL in an attempt to kill the zombie and warm up the pit.

Kadvega quickly shows that he has nothing up this sleeve. And he has nothing up the other.

[1] He also doesn't have the right spell in mind either.

[WILD MAGIC: 8216] Welp. Let's see... Wild Magic number 8216... Hmm... Heh. Heh heh heh heh.

The zombie begins to shimmer for a second before lurching in half... Uh, by which I mean that the Wild Magic seems to have cloned the zombie. And I thought that the one zombie by itself would be incredibly annoying...

The two zombies briefly... communicate with each other, I guess. Their conversation is a combination of a strange and unknown language, grunts and zombie moanings, which apparently sorts everything out between the two.

The original zombie, with Hans's sword in its body, takes a lazy swing at her, clipping her in the head. 1 damage

[17] The zombie clone slowly crawls up Cairn's ladder, unceremoniously dumping itself on the edge of the pit.

With the two zombies excreting their magical influence, the temperature quickly drops in the hallway. Obviously Cairn, Hans and Kr'zbin are all feeling the cold, while Nikolai could use a hot drink.

[FORTITUDE: 1] Despite the protection of his large cloak, Cairn's eyelids are frozen open. 1 cold

[FORTITUDE: 19] Hans, on the other hand, is perfectly fine despite having a zombie all up in her face.

[FORTITUDE: 7 + 5] [FORTITUDE: 8 + 5] Kr'zbin and Nikolai, with their tough constitutions, also shrug off the chilling effects of the zombies' auras.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

If this game had achievements I'd be handing one out to anailater right now.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Quadruple Trouble
« Reply #1436 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »

Use my ugly stick to poke the clone zombie back into the pit

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 01, 2012, 12:03:22 am »

Razdak casts Gust of Wind once again to help with the clone pushing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 01, 2012, 03:01:29 am »

Malaken's Ancestors, and by extension Malaken, I owe you guys a trip to the Pub. I'll even pay a wizard to make the booze ethereal for anyone who can't manifest hard enough to pick up a glass... Ghost Spirits for the Ghosts/Spirits.

As for the frozen corpses, apparently not only living people's warmth, but any form of fire heals them. And now there's two... and worse than all that, a bunch of perfectly good booze was wasted on them.

So yeah, does anyone at all have any cold-based magic or attacks to try against them? In any case, we definitely need to cut the Fireballs and such... and get out of the thrice-damned pit if you value your hides!

Anyway, maybe we could collapse a section of the roof down on the pit or something? I'll take a look with my keen Dwarven Stonecunning, and see if I can see a way to destabilize the roof over the pit, without crushing myself.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 01, 2012, 07:11:25 am »

Thank the little magical mouse and then RUN AWAAAAAY! Until I find and drink a healing potion that is.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 134