Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371640 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Just in time for Halloween!
« Reply #1410 on: October 29, 2012, 08:49:26 pm »

Rush to Zako's aid. Fire arrows at the zombie.

Hearing the sounds of Kazard screaming at the top of his lungs, you quickly rush to his aid, short bow in hand.

[2] Kazard's screams only intensify when you almost put an arrow in his eye. Oops.

Acid Splash on the undead for greater justice and if the spell fizzles hit it with my ugly stick instead

[14] Your Acid Splash covers the zombie, creating a lovely little sizzling sound. 1 acid

Run back to the pit and throw five knives into its brain and even if it doesn't kill it go back and examine the door as thoroughly as my rogue powers will let me.

[3] If Kazard didn't need all the breath in his lungs, he'd definitively yell about how you just nicked his ear.

Attacking takes up an entire turn, so you'll have to wait until a later date before you can examine that door. You do have more pressing matters to attend to.

I think I'll call it Sasha.

Wait next to wooden door, prepare to stab things with Sasha. Don't charge in yet.

I'm just going to assume that you're talking about the eastern door, because that's the only one that I've described as wooden.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"AHHHH! HELP ME OUT! HELP ME OUT!!"

Climb and flee like there's no tomorrow, which is starting to become more and more likely the longer I'm in this pit.

Everybody seems to be more concerned with chucking things at your head than helping you, so you attempt to climb up the wall of the pit.

[3 + 5] With your hands numb from the intense cold, you only make it halfway before sliding back down.

Razdak casts Anchor Objects on the zombie's clothes and any nearby spike to try to hold it in place.

[14] Lacking any nearby spikes, you merely anchor the zombie's clothes to the wall. But honestly, given how tattered and brittle they look, you don't think that they'll hold it back for long.

Appraise the walls and doors of the sections of the dungeon the party has been through for their material composition.

*Gasp* Azthor speaks!

[17] Unless you know a good dealer of wood and old frescos, the walls/doors of the dungeon aren't very valuable. Which is not to say that they are worthless, but given the time and effort spend in clearing the place, they might as well be.

Help Midna

[5] I'm not 100% sure how you would have helped Midna, but you certainly didn't do it.

Head to the newly discovered area.

You head to the newly discovered hallway in time to see Midna's awesome attack.

What's that? My Clobbering Time senses are tingling.

Tuck a healing potion from the chest in my belt, pull out the magic axe and flame on, target the corpse in the pit, and try to pull off one of these.

[AUTOSUCCESS] Besides making the DM want to play Dragon Age: Origins again, your attack is incredibly awesome. With the momentum gained from falling down into the pit and the over-handed strike, you manage to almost bisect the zombie's head. 1 damage + 2 fire

[15] Moaning oddly to itself, the zombie breaks out of its anchored clothing and charges at Midna, it's limbs repeatedly smashing into her body. 1 cold

The temperature in the pit continues to drop to almost supernaturally cold levels.

[FORTITUDE: 1 + 5] With the zombie metaphorically breathing down her neck, Midna struggles to fight off the encroaching numbness in her limbs. 1 cold

As the zombie sucks up Midna's heat, the ghastly wound in its head begins to patch itself. That's not good.

[FORTITUDE: 15] With the zombie distracted, Kazard manages to stay warm and alive for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Pay no attention to the fact that attacks are now doing elemental damage.  That clearly has nothing to do with this fight.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Just in time for Halloween!
« Reply #1411 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »

Take in as much breath as possible, go back to the zombie, and scream at it as loudly as possible in the hopes of damaging it with nothing more than my voice. while offering a hand down to Zako.

If nothing else, it should be a nice distraction.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:52:45 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »

Well, whatever that thing is, it's not good news.
Door or battle? Door or battle?
Screw it, I open the door and look for interesting things. If there's nothing good, I charge the zombie thing with my hammer.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:24 pm »

"STOP SHOOTING AT ME AND PULL ME OUT!"

Climb! Climb so I don't get shot by these idiots!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1414 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »

Ugly stick beat down for that dang zomfreeze
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:08:37 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 29, 2012, 09:52:27 pm »

Razdak casts a Gust of Wind below Kazard to help lift him out of the pit.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 29, 2012, 10:02:25 pm »

Gah! This thing sucks out your heat and uses it to heal itself... jumping into the pit and surrounding it with warm bodies to drain and heal itself would probably be unwise! No one else come down, just stay around the pit and shoot it at range from above. Those that are already down here can keep it occupied... we could use some healing or support though!

I'll swig the potion, and try to hit it once more, adopting a more defensive stance behind my shield.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:45:27 am by Solifuge »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1417 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:28 pm »

My ugly stick is a 10' pole, I can whack it from the top of the pit.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

My ugly stick is a 10' pole, I can whack it from the top of the pit.

The pit is slightly deeper than 10 feet, if you're wondering.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1419 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:14 pm »

hmm...

Edit: Okay scratch my previous thing and instead duel wield Summon Alcoholic Beverage down upon its head.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 29, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »

Put down my ladder in the pit climb down and  grab the monster so others can hit the stupid thing MY HEALTH BE DAMNED I can't help but try something that stupid really though to be serious I'm a rogue so I really can't do much else.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:03:18 am by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 29, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »

So, you're going to jump into a pit full of freezing cold air, grapple a zombie that heals from touching you, just so you can hold it still so that others can shoot it and possibly you as well?

Maybe you can do something useful, like PULLING ME OUT OF THE PIT?!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 30, 2012, 08:03:32 am »

There I'll put the ladder down.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »

Cast Summon Ancestral Spirits and get them to get people (Not the zombie!) out of the pit!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 30, 2012, 03:27:56 pm »

I will use FIREBALL in an attempt to kill the zombie and warm up the pit.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134