Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371684 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Tell the Adventurers What They've Won!
« Reply #1380 on: October 27, 2012, 04:18:54 pm »

Wander down one of the new hallways before anyone can get down there and poke and prod and overall mess with EVERYTHING I SEE. Edit: This is for the good of the party I'm willing to murder myself to find the traps.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »

I'm not to late to the party am I?

Name: Kadvega Montalka
Class: Mage
Items:
Spear
Chest plate armor
Magic:
Fireball
Wild Magic (Because it wasn't used enough before)
Etheal walk
Feather fall
Summon bigger fish
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 27, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »

((Hehehehehheh. Wild magic makes its return. This shall be fun.))

Eat one of the snakes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 27, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

Razdak casts Anchor Objects and Animate Object on the broken chests in an attempt to create a new mount for himself.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 27, 2012, 06:17:37 pm »

Items:
Spear
Chest plate armor
Magic:
Fireball
Etheal walk
Feather fall
Summon bigger fish

Weapons/Armour don't count towards the item limit unless you want to bring ten thousand of them or something. Otherwise everybody would be running around nude, and this clearly isn't that kind of game. But other than that little point, welcome aboard!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 27, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »

Wild magic is going to do exactly what it did LAST time won't it, seriously didn't you ask him to stop using it the first time? It's pretty much useless granted I'm trying to get myself killed and (I hope) find the traps. Although I'm convinced it's exactly what I would do in Cairn's situation to piss off the gods. Edit: And summon bigger fish should totally be taken literally it should only be usable when fighting a fish and the definition of bigger should be abused as much as it can.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1386 on: October 27, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »

There was a request I think to not overuse it or atleast restrict it to once a task I think though I am to lazy to go back and check, also this sounds good so I am going with it <_<   >_>   c! ^u^ c!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 27, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »

Go down the stairs, and search the right hallway for traps carefully.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50:47 pm »

Search the coffer room for more secret doors then head down the stairs and search for traps all the way to, and including, the intersection.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:43 pm »

Look around and wander until I find the rest of the party.

After a bit of wandering about, you find the rest of the party in Acererak's Living Room. They quickly fill you in on the details about the Tomb of Horrors, and the wonderful treasures contained within.

I want at least one of the sapphires and 50 GP, but if no one claims them i'll take a second sapphire.

oh
as for my turn
Fashion a necklace out of the dead snakes and wear it.

After pocketing two sapphires and 50 GP, you turn your thoughts towards something else...

[1] Like the one viper that's still alive.

[REFLEX: 16] Thankfully you manage to easily dodge its attack before squeezing the life out of it. Still, it cramps your creativity.

Wander down one of the new hallways before anyone can get down there and poke and prod and overall mess with EVERYTHING I SEE. Edit: This is for the good of the party I'm willing to murder myself to find the traps.

You carefully walk down the hallway, prodding the walls every few feet and OH SHI-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Items:
Spear
Chest plate armor
Magic:
Fireball
Etheal walk
Feather fall
Summon bigger fish

Kadvega Montalka wanders over to the Tomb, rather bored and looking for something to do.

Eat one of the snakes.

[20] Maybe you should become a chef if you survive this mess, because that was the tastiest dish of snake you've had in your entire life.

Razdak casts Anchor Objects and Animate Object on the broken chests in an attempt to create a new mount for himself.

[3] Your attempts at creating a mount for yourself ends with a pile of broken and dejected coffers. Bugger.

Go down the stairs, and search the right hallway for traps carefully.

Well Cairn has already stumbled into a pit, but at least you can search the rest of the hallways for traps.

[1] And...

[REFLEX: 14 + 5] You almost stumble into the pit after Carin. Wouldn't that have been embarrassing?

Search the coffer room for more secret doors then head down the stairs and search for traps all the way to, and including, the intersection.

[15 + 5] The coffer room holds no more secret doors, so you head down the stairs in time to see Cairn fall into the pit, with Hans almost following him. Uh... Looks like you were too late to search for traps.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Wild magic is going to do exactly what it did LAST time won't it, seriously didn't you ask him to stop using it the first time? It's pretty much useless granted I'm trying to get myself killed and (I hope) find the traps. Although I'm convinced it's exactly what I would do in Cairn's situation to piss off the gods.

I didn't ask for him to stop using it the first time, but Wild Magic is more useless than it appears. But this time around I'll keep rolling until I get a result that's useful/hilarious/cool.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 27, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

Check out what's in the pit then search for traps and secret doors in the pit. There was one in a pit last time after all.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:23 pm »

Make a rope of the remaining snakes and use it to prevent falling in the pit
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1392 on: October 28, 2012, 12:12:35 am »

HealBot Activate
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 28, 2012, 12:29:17 am »

Run back from the pit trap and away from whatever froze the dude (I have a grappling hook so I can get out that way or with you know the ladder)  and wait for someone to heal me then continue on as before. Also i have to admit I didn't see that trap coming I thought like arrows would come from the wall or something not another pit and man that was a bad reflex roll.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:31:34 am by zacen299 »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 28, 2012, 08:01:11 am »

Somehow end up bypassing every trap until i reach the other adventurers, nick (Steal) some gold and follow the others.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 134