Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371809 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: More Fun than a Vat Full of Gelatinous Cube!
« Reply #1230 on: October 10, 2012, 11:00:33 pm »

Razdak skips the magic for now and just tries to pick his coffer with his claws.

"FEAR ME, BUT FOLLOW!" To be read in Jessica Alba's voice.
No, I think I'm going to read that in Dr. Mrs. The Monarch's voice instead.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »

Aw, no Maxclone2?

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to open the door, slowly and carefully.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1232 on: October 11, 2012, 10:03:30 am »

With Midna back and seemingly low on drink, I use summon alcoholic beverage but upon seeing the goose give me quite the evil eye I quickly summon some more with my other memorization of it. Thats right, I dual wield summon alcohol.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 11, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »

You know I just realized this is one of those times I am thankful the universe does not realize I should not be able to carry both a ten foot pole and ten foot ladder but considering that is normal fare for D&D adventurers I'm not surprised. Also has anyone ever heard of the time where ten foot poles were worth more than a ten foot ladder so you could break the ladder get two poles and PROFIT!!!
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1234 on: October 11, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »

You know I just realized this is one of those times I am thankful the universe does not realize I should not be able to carry both a ten foot pole and ten foot ladder but considering that is normal fare for D&D adventurers I'm not surprised. Also has anyone ever heard of the time where ten foot poles were worth more than a ten foot ladder so you could break the ladder get two poles and PROFIT!!!
   Meh, its mostly small change and any DM with sense would point out that a 10' pole shouldn't have holes for ladder rungs in it thus they wouldn't buy it. Anyway I have never been able to sell something at book price to a shop ever. Actually come to think of it better then 50% has always been considered really good. Oh and of course you can carry a 10' pole and ladder, it might not be easy to carry or practical and you probably will bring it places you probably should not be able to but its perfectly fine to carry them. That and you probably would not be able to fight with them but hey, a lot of things are abstracted away like dropping you pole then picking it up again for combat. Though mine is my weapon so whatever, it probably gets through on being rule of cool because its the dwarven ugly stick.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 11, 2012, 07:00:05 pm »

I hear some DMs fixed it by saying that the resulting poles were full of holes and therefore weak to the point of uselessness.
Still, that's quite the oversight! Why in the world would a pole cost more than a ladder? Or was it just "more than half the cost"?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

I think the pole was worth something like 4 times that of a ladder even accounting for the not getting full price. It was broken, granted as you said not many DMs would let it through but really with things like I AM THE MOON! being in the game that isn't all that gamebreaking.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1237 on: October 11, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »

I can totally see the pole being worth more than a ladder for a reason other than not having holes. The poles are basically used to poke things from a distance and that means they need to be made of really good hard wood with little to no defects or it would not work as intended. A ladder while having to deal with potentially a lot of weight doesn't have to deal with the same kind of strains and thus needs lower quality wood.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:24 pm »

Still there was the literal rule interpretation which did at one point say yes you could rip the ladder apart and profit but again I AM THE MOON!!! ends all discussions about D&D gamebreaking. Though again I do get your logic and now I'm just repeating myself while I wait for USEC to post.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1239 on: October 11, 2012, 07:16:49 pm »

I will say if the most broken thing was infinite money then the game would be amazingly less broken then it really is.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 11, 2012, 07:19:14 pm »

Oh right Locate City Nuke, or maybe Pun Pun the level 1 Kobold God Murderer. So many ways to break the game so little time.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »

Oh right Locate City Nuke, or maybe Pun Pun the level 1 Kobold God Murderer. So many ways to break the game so little time.

Or being any sort of spellcaster with a brain.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1242 on: October 11, 2012, 10:59:24 pm »

Magic just makes it easier. Breaking the game in some ways is just a matter of reading the rules.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »

That's what Pun Pun is a very literal interpretation of the rules the devs even agreed would work under the D&D ruleset of the time.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 11, 2012, 11:33:50 pm »

Magic just makes it easier. Breaking the game in some ways is just a matter of reading the rules.
Magic makes it easier and expands the possibilities.

But really, you need magic. Because when the game was designed, they (perhaps subconsciously) looked at normals breaking the game, and they said, "Wow, that doesn't really seem plausible whatsoever" and took it down a notch. Then they looked at what the casters could do and said, "Cool."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 134