Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371815 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: More Fun than a Vat Full of Gelatinous Cube!
« Reply #1245 on: October 11, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

Magic does make it easier but you can buy that. There are rules for purchasing the use of spellcasters by spell level with extra for xp costs and such. By the wonderful thing called RaW (Rules as Written) this means that everything up to and including wishes are purchasable.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 12, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »

Nothing is better than a spell of timed shrinking.

You make cows pebble-sized for a minute and wedge them in tight spaces like under a door. Suddenly, the cow grows and violently disloges the door... or becomes adventurer food. It's a win-win.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1247 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:48 pm »

That sounds quite fun, the spell I know of thats like it is shrink item. Really cute in that you can choose to just shrink it or better yet, shrink the item into a bit of felt shaped like the thing. The items unshrink either on a command word or by some fancy word that means if you step on it or hit it then it expands so you can make some really neat impromptu traps with it. Plus you can shrink fire with it for some reason so instead of a throw rug that looks like fire suddenly the enemy is standing in fire. Of course you can make the spell permanent so you can repeat the shrink and grow over and over. Good for concealing weapons or making a spike trap you can place anywhere and activate with a word.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 12, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »

I think shrunk spikes on a chestplate is a good idea. magical-wire the command to "OH FUCK", so that when your enemy is about to rip your heart out, your involuntary cry for mercy skewers the enemy.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 12, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »

Is anyone else going insane waiting for a new post from USEC?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 12, 2012, 09:40:05 pm »

I promise you an update when I get back from D&D. Coherance is optional.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 12, 2012, 09:44:15 pm »

I'm really looking forward to it too, but I understand that these things take time and a lot of work to run; when not otherwise occupied, I try to stay sane by working on my own forum game. >_o

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:48 pm »

I'm really looking forward to it too, but I understand that these things take time and a lot of work to run; when not otherwise occupied, I try to stay sane by working on my own forum game. >_o
My, God, that plug was completely devoid of shame, wasn't it? :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:53:34 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 12, 2012, 10:05:32 pm »

While you're at it, you can also subscribe to my Youtube Channel, wherein Akigagak, Realmfighter, and other members of our former D&D group sing Karaoke after session. Which is tangentially related both to D&D, and Shame.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:07 pm »

That was shameless but it does look really good actually. I really wish I knew people to play Tabletop games with in RL *sigh*
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1255 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »

That was shameless but it does look really good actually. I really wish I knew people to play Tabletop games with in RL *sigh*
   Yeah it can be quite hard to find a group, let alone one you fit into. I had to move to a new state to finally find one. One bit of advise is if you have a college nearby to ask around there. Even if you don't find a group there someone probably knows of a group or potentially people who want a to start one.

Edit: Though as general warning to people, if your younger then driving age its going to be an uphill battle because not only will you have to find a group who doesn't mind a "kid" hanging around but also you will have to find a ride to wherever they play.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:14:47 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:29 pm »

I'm 18 but I don't have a licence or a car yet sadly (far far to poor to even think of one right now as for the licence I just haven't gotten around to it I don't even really have a good reason just haven't felt the need yet).

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:20 am »

That sounds quite fun, the spell I know of thats like it is shrink item. Really cute in that you can choose to just shrink it or better yet, shrink the item into a bit of felt shaped like the thing. The items unshrink either on a command word or by some fancy word that means if you step on it or hit it then it expands so you can make some really neat impromptu traps with it. Plus you can shrink fire with it for some reason so instead of a throw rug that looks like fire suddenly the enemy is standing in fire. Of course you can make the spell permanent so you can repeat the shrink and grow over and over. Good for concealing weapons or making a spike trap you can place anywhere and activate with a word.
I for one like spending every single day writing explosive runes on strips of paper. After about five or six hundred, you then get the lowest-level wand of dispel magic possible and do an area dispel on them from a good distance away.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 13, 2012, 12:39:53 am »

.... at that point you're pretty much setting off several tank shells. If somebody was standing on them nothing would be left. Edit: Wait what is the range of a standard explosive rune?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1259 on: October 13, 2012, 12:43:00 am »

My all around favorite fun spell is actually Prestidigitation. With a 10' range and an hour of time to play with the minor magical affects are really high on my list of things I wish I could do IRL.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 134