Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371664 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #1020 on: October 01, 2012, 07:50:37 pm »

Follow the main party until they need me to smack someone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »

Alright, My plan failed magnificently.
Version two: Pull a trio of rabbits out of my hat, then drop each one in a different vat, being extremely careful not to touch anything. Hopefully the rabbits will find something useful to me in there, or at least save me from a horrible end.
I also take a careful look into each vat as I do so, so I can assess the treasure content of the vats.

[AUTOFAIL] Unfortunately I cannot condone cruelty to animals, only adventurers. Thus, as you pull the rabbits out of your hat, one of them bites you, allowing them to scamper off to live a full rabbit life.

Also, each of the vats are equally murky and mysterious. Looks like looking won't help you here.

Have a look through the gem for stuff that is an illusion and stuff, and also check for secret doors.

Finding nothing with your magic gem, you start searching for secret doors.

[6 + 5] You find nothing out in the corridor. As you stand at the edge of the pit, wondering if you should search down there, Hans runs calmly walks up and starts descending down the side of the pit.

Climb into the spike pit carefully, then search the floor of the pit for stuff.

[17] You carefully climb down into the pit. The spikes in the pit are just wide enough for you to squeeze through, so you slowly start making your way east.

[7 + 5] You find nothing in the pit.

Hearing the request for his services, Razdak wakes up from his nap atop Tank's shoulders, waves his paws, and magic sparkles surround him as he tries to Create Anvil(s) over the spikes and Anchor (the) Objects together (the anvils to the spikes).

[11] You summon an anvil on top of the spikes...

[4] And completely fail to anchor the anchor to anything. With the spike being too small to support it, the anvil falls to the ground with a loud thump.

[ACERERAK DICKERY ROLL: 3]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MY TEN FOOT POLE!!! Action 2: After telling Radzak to try summoning anvils Cairn goes to grab the pole and then come back.

You grab Kazard's abandoned 10-foot and then return to the pit of spikes.

Deal.

Ask a mage to cast some protective magic on my arm, or, really, any kind of magic on my arm.

Remove pants, apply pants to arm, begin to fish around for anything inside of the vats for as long as my magical pants arm can take it.

You remove your pants (hopefully somewhere private) and then wrap it around your arm. Thus suitably protected, you start reaching into the western-most vat. After several minutes of searching, you come up with nothing. I guess that that pot just contained dirty water. Slightly disappointed and relieved, you decide to stick your hand into the middle vat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not much protection on my spells list, but I'll cast a preemptive heal spell and stand back with another at the ready in case something in the vats attacks.
HeShe takes any damage at all, heal.
Unless heshe dies, in which case, run for the door to the spike pit.

Nikita II is perfectly fine, so you can relax. Go on, you've earned it.

Malaken shall assist Tamrik in searching the vats! By casting Summon Ancestral Spirits!

[8] You summon your ancestral spirits, but all they do and talk about what They said about Our Sharon 500 years back. It'd probably be more interesting if you haven't heard it 22 times before.

Follow the main party until they need me to smack someone.

The main party is kinda split between the vat room and the pit of spikes, so.. make a choice, I guess? The group in the vat room doesn't have a fighter though, so you're probably needed there more.

I'll appraise the Jade Coffer, check it for locks or traps, and rattle it gently to see what might be inside. I trust my Dwarven Craftsense and all, but I'd like a second opinion if someone more Roguish would be so kind. Also, what brand of magic was detected inside? Might give some hints. I could see Acerak leaving a little trap for us among the goods... especially since this seems like it might be a big red herring.

You cautiously open the Jade Coffer to find it full of healing potions! Eight healing potions, to be exact.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 01, 2012, 08:49:33 pm »

Drink a healing potion. Climb out of the pit on the far side from where I entered it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »

Hahah, Half a key!
I'll bet you anything that the other half of the key is in the third vat.

I promise to personally polymorph Nikita II if she produces the other half of the key, and prepare another Heal spell just in case something bad happens.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

Hahah, Half a key!
I'll bet you anything that the other half of the key is in the third vat.

I promise to personally polymorph Nikita II if she produces the other half of the key, and prepare another Heal spell just in case something bad happens.
This is Tomb of Horrors. What other than "Something Bad" could happen?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:42 pm »

"Something hilarious"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:22 pm »

Malaken shall attempt to convince the spirits to help him search the vats! With Diplomacy!

((Oh god I hope I don't roll a one on this))

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

This is Tomb of Horrors. What other than "Something Bad" could happen?
"Something hilarious"
Frequently both at the same time.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 01, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »

Sigh loudly and see if anyone has a way to displace the amount of vat liquid such as cutting a hole in the base or dropping an anvil or three into it.

If none of that works, strip down to my underwear, repeat the cloth on arm trick, and try to make it quicker this time.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 01, 2012, 09:48:26 pm »

"Well, that was close. DON'T do that again please."

Seach again, avoiding the spikes if possible.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »

Well now. Anybody need a healing potion? I've just come into possession of a small fortune in them.

Hans, we should try to get that grappling hook on a spike across the pit, and secure it to climb over. Mind if I try?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:53 pm »

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:41:10 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 01, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »

Well now. Anybody need a healing potion? I've just come into possession of a small fortune in them.

Hans, we should try to get that grappling hook on a spike across the pit, and secure it to climb over. Mind if I try?

I'm somewhat inside the pit. Unless you wish to climb down and join me, this would be an interesting endeavor.
He's fucking with us.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »

Take some of the grungy water and pour it into third container, see what it does.
Sigh loudly and see if anyone has a way to displace the amount of vat liquid such as cutting a hole in the base or dropping an anvil or three into it.

Stand really far away when anvil dropping.

If none of that works, strip down to my underwear, repeat the cloth on arm trick, and try to make it quicker this time.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »

Wait wait how large is this pit? Edit: Nevermind think I can clear a 30 foot pit with a ten foot pole?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134