Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371654 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #1005 on: October 01, 2012, 09:32:45 am »

Sorry about that I had about 20 seconds to think that out and type it. I was about to run out the door so I didn't miss my bus (school if you must know) and now I am at school.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:48 am »

I knew what you meant. I was just teasing.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 01, 2012, 09:45:45 am »

I can't decide if I'm insane for thinking the solution to spike pits is anvils or a genius.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 01, 2012, 10:20:14 am »

Alright, My plan failed magnificently.
Version two: Pull a trio of rabbits out of my hat, then drop each one in a different vat, being extremely careful not to touch anything. Hopefully the rabbits will find something useful to me in there, or at least save me from a horrible end.
I also take a careful look into each vat as I do so, so I can assess the treasure content of the vats.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:03 am »

Climb into the spike pit carefully, then search the floor of the pit for stuff.

You didn't have to search for six individual things last turn. I was just providing examples of what I'd be searching for.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 01, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

Hearing the request for his services, Razdak wakes up from his nap atop Tank's shoulders, waves his paws, and magic sparkles surround him as he tries to Create Anvil(s) over the spikes and Anchor (the) Objects together (the anvils to the spikes).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »

((You can have the pole I left behind if you want.))

Have a look through the gem for stuff that is an illusion and stuff, and also check for secret doors.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 01, 2012, 02:00:31 pm »

((Since he's at least less than half a foot long (i.e. Fine in D&D terms), and, therefore, a ten foot pole is about the size of a small skyscraper compared to him, Razdak will pass.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 01, 2012, 02:40:54 pm »

MY TEN FOOT POLE!!! Action 2: After telling Radzak to try summoning anvils Cairn goes to grab the pole and then come back.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:37 pm »

Guys, I really need to find my old gear from wherever it got teleported to. And also a new animal companion. And also also, I want to sell off this Jade Coffer, and maybe whatever's inside it, back at Badend.

I'll appraise the Jade Coffer, check it for locks or traps, and rattle it gently to see what might be inside. I trust my Dwarven Craftsense and all, but I'd like a second opinion if someone more Roguish would be so kind. Also, what brand of magic was detected inside? Might give some hints. I could see Acerak leaving a little trap for us among the goods... especially since this seems like it might be a big red herring.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 01, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »

Silently take scroll of polymorph and attempt to become an eagle or other bird of prey.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 01, 2012, 06:45:25 pm »

Silently take scroll of polymorph and attempt to become an eagle or other bird of prey.
I do believe I have that at the moment. I'll make you a deal though. I'm pretty sure there's something hidden in these vats. Help me get it out and the scroll is yours.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »

Deal.

Ask a mage to cast some protective magic on my arm, or, really, any kind of magic on my arm.

Remove pants, apply pants to arm, begin to fish around for anything inside of the vats for as long as my magical pants arm can take it.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 01, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »

Not much protection on my spells list, but I'll cast a preemptive heal spell and stand back with another at the ready in case something in the vats attacks.
HeShe takes any damage at all, heal.
Unless heshe dies, in which case, run for the door to the spike pit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:26:28 pm by greymountain_Sage »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:05 pm »

Malaken shall assist Tamrik in searching the vats! By casting Summon Ancestral Spirits!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134