Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371400 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Shit gets serious
« Reply #870 on: September 27, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »

The rumors were that Acerak was a demilich, which are flying magic skulls to my knowledge. This seems like its probably a red herring. Pity we lost that Gem of Trueseeing.

Ah well, I got skeletal arse to kick! And a lich-smiting Raven to avenge! For Rupert!

*Axe Toss*

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 27, 2012, 02:41:47 pm »

Malaken shall grab the mummified hand! He saw it first!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 27, 2012, 02:42:19 pm »

Deliver another patented
KICK OF DESTRUCTION
to the lich.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 27, 2012, 03:29:00 pm »

Charge in throwing all my knives and then stabbing him while MZ tries to get the mace.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 27, 2012, 05:03:41 pm »

Another Magic Missile. Hopefully this one hits.

[16] This Magic Missile is more magicky than the other one, and actually manages to hit Acererak this time. 1 damage

The rumors were that Acerak was a demilich, which are flying magic skulls to my knowledge. This seems like its probably a red herring. Pity we lost that Gem of Trueseeing.

Ah well, I got skeletal arse to kick! And a lich-smiting Raven to avenge! For Rupert!

*Axe Toss*

[AUTOSUCCESS] Screaming general warcries, you chuck that axe into Acererak's face. 1 damage

Deliver another patented
KICK OF DESTRUCTION
to the lich.

I'm just going to let the roll speak for itself.

[20] 1 damage

Mind you the game doesn't have any criticals (yet?) but if Acererak was a door he'd be in pieces by now.

Cover MZ's charge, with lots of arrows! At least two!

Charge in throwing all my knives and then stabbing him while MZ tries to get the mace.

Hans and Cairn cover Maximum's approach with a hail of bullets arrows and throwing knives.

[2] [6] Sadly they miss completely, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Rush up to the lich, scoop the mace off the ground without stopping, and bash the lich's unholy face in, while screaming like a maniac.

Supported by your friends/acquaintances/fellow adventures, you charge forward to grab the mace and end Acererak once and for all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acererak, more than a little pissed off, prepares his next spell...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inspect this secret door closely. Is it trapped? How do I open this one?

[9 + 5] You don't find any traps, and for future reference all secret doors will open like regular doors unless otherwise noted.

Malaken shall grab the mummified hand! He saw it first!

Technically you are supposed to cut off your own hand and replace it with the mummified one, but for some reason the thought of someone using it to slap enemies around makes me giggle uncontrollably, so enjoy your fancy new melee weapon.

was getting bored of tiptoeing around
name: tank
race: minotaur
class:fighter
wepons: battle axe (nichnamed the key), throwing axes
armor: orkish steal armor, dwarven shield
items: a steak, spare axes, rope, torch's

Tank, the tanky tank Minotaur, wanders over to the entrance Tomb of Horrors, mostly because it happened to be in the way.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 27, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

Malaken shall head to the fight, and cast Summon Ancestral Spirits, using them to distract the lich. While the spirits are busy doing their thing, he shall try to pimp-slap the lich with the mummified hand.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 27, 2012, 05:18:09 pm »

Find a way to light the ten foot pole and fire and then before lighting it on fire break it into little chunks and throw them after lighting them on fire at the lich hoping to light him on fire.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:47:13 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:49 pm »

I'm going to cast Mage hand to pick up the mace and beat the Lich with it. Immediately after the attack, the hand passes the mace to the nearest fighter.
pleaseletthisworkpleaseletthisworkpleaseletthiswork...
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 27, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »

Technically you are supposed to cut off your own hand and replace it with the mummified one, but for some reason the thought of someone using it to slap enemies around makes me giggle uncontrollably, so enjoy your fancy new melee weapon.
Is that the hand I think it is?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 27, 2012, 05:41:25 pm »

Probably not.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 27, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

Probably not.

Not gonna lie, that's the hand I thought of too.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:01 pm »

Probably not.
I have no idea what hand you guys are talking about, but the most sinister thing this hand can do is give your enemies a case of mummy rot.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 27, 2012, 05:49:39 pm »

Probably not.
I have no idea what hand you guys are talking about, but the most sinister thing this hand can do is give your enemies a case of mummy rot.
They're talking about the hand of Vecna. It's an artifact of a deity of undeath that has to be attached to a hand-stump to function.
He also left behind an eye, and was rumored to have left behind his head, but after half a party of adventurers beheaded themselves trying to get at it, it turns out it was just a skull.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 27, 2012, 05:53:08 pm »

Ah. Well If Acererak did have Vecna's hand, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have left it lying around the Tomb of Horrors.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 27, 2012, 05:54:29 pm »

You know people mentioning beheading themselves make me want to ask. Was it D&D that had the critical failures that could lead to you beheading yourself and everyone around you?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:59:23 pm by zacen299 »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134